Game-Labs Forum

SVERIGE FIGHT BACK

Pit Pinsel

1 minute ago, Batman said:

Doesn't want empty port battles - screens out defender from port battle.

#navalactionlogic

Here I agree, saying that I want a balanced fight with Swedes, and then screening them on PB is hypocrisy xd

3 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Not talking about this - just answer: why you don`t give them fair fight? Simple question.

We wanted to force them to enter the pb from a position with bad wind. That is something the Swedes would try to do as well. The fact they were arrogant enough to want to try to sail to a better position in OW and got tagged by an inferior force that had just enough br to tag them but for the rest not well equipped to win the screening fight is not our fault. We won the port. They won a battle. If it was the other way around you would have cheered. And that is the end of it.

• Like 1

Just now, Cornelis Tromp said:

We wanted to force them to enter the pb from a position with bad wind. That is something the Swedes would try to do as well. The fact they were arrogant enough to want to try to sail to a better position in OW and got tagged by an inferior force that had just enough br to tag them but for the rest not well equipped to win the screening fight is not our fault. We won the port. They won a battle. If it was the other way around you would have cheered. And that is the end of it.

Not the end i bet but still not got answer - are you gonna fight them 25 vs 25 in OW to show whole population who is better?

1 minute ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Remember, it was a portbattle. Screening is part of portbattles. Purpose of screening is

1.To drag PB fleet in battle. Mission accomplished.

2. To delay entry of PB fleet in PB. Mission accomplished. 

3. To prevent entry of PB fleet in PB. Mission accomplished.

Purpose of screening is not to destroy PB fleet.

Result: Russian screening fleet did its job best possible. Port got conquered by Russia. Mission accomplished. That's what is called victory.

Everything else is blather to obscure Swedish defeat.

Nobody deny you take port and plan whole action even swedes made mistake - i asking are you gonna fight them in fair 25vs25 on open sea? 

28 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

FACT definition for you: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fact

Sweden won battle outside port - FACT

Russia take over Carta vs two mortar brigs - FACT

We all know this is a war game and nobody deny you are strongest RvR nation at the moment - i`m just curious why you don`t want fight them in fair fight to prove you better than them? Simple question and please simple answer - no twisting of "facts" and hiding behind game mechanics.

Just wait. There will be other pb's filled by both sides with equal br.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Nobody deny you take port and plan whole action even swedes made mistake - i asking are you gonna fight them in fair 25vs25 on open sea? 

Why would we ever have 25 people together in open sea where there are no circles to prevent kiting, no forts or land. Your question really is if there will be a rematch, and I would be very surprised if not. Cartagena was the beginning of a campaign, not the end. Sweden is going to want to take it back, and Russia will want to keep fighting. I am sure there will be more chances for fighting, and I doubt Sweden will make the mistake of getting tagged out of a defensive PB again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Why would we ever have 25 people together in open sea where there are no circles to prevent kiting, no forts or land. Your question really is if there will be a rematch, and I would be very surprised if not. Cartagena was the beginning of a campaign, not the end. Sweden is going to want to take it back, and Russia will want to keep fighting. I am sure there will be more chances for fighting, and I doubt Sweden will make the mistake of getting tagged out of a defensive PB again.

Well i hope for this to be honest:D 

1 hour ago, Bart Smith said:

FACT definition for you: https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/fact

Sweden won battle outside port - FACT

Russia take over Carta vs two mortar brigs - FACT

We all know this is a war game and nobody deny you are strongest RvR nation at the moment - i`m just curious why you don`t want fight them in fair fight to prove you better than them? Simple question and please simple answer - no twisting of "facts" and hiding behind game mechanics.

Cause it's my decision if we want to or not and i have no desire to prove anything for you or anyone else. If they want they can attack Cartagena and get a fight if they get in. We will NOT meet them in open sea but will attack them again.

Edited by North

1 hour ago, Bart Smith said:

On 11-9-2017 at 2:39 PM, rediii said:

In my mind this is a wargame with everything that comes with it which also means uneven battles. RvR with only fair battles (however that would be possible) is no rvr for me.

They don't even want it themselves. So stop talking about it.

Edit: PS:

Edited by Cornelis Tromp

If you're fighting fair, you're fighting stupid.  

The swedes could've had a screen fleet to counter ours.  They didn't.  They also could of had the guy who got tagged join immediately instead of sitting there getting tagged.  They didn't.  Arrogance and stupidity lost them the port.  

Our boys outside did their jobs and we now get the enjoy the stunning views and warm waters

82a53edbb58fca630930968edc7e352f.png

• Like 2

Great job to Russia.

But let's be honest, this kind of screening is totally absurd. The Swedes were already in the port, so they should have been able to join from the port.

Imagine if the Germans at D-Day were afraid to man their bunkers because they were worried they'd get caught in a tractor beam from a barrage balloon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maturin said:

Great job to Russia.

But let's be honest, this kind of screening is totally absurd. The Swedes were already in the port, so they should have been able to join from the port.

Imagine if the Germans at D-Day were afraid to man their bunkers because they were worried they'd get caught in a tractor beam from a barrage balloon.

They could have joined from the docks without us having a chance at intercepting. they opted to take the risk to sail to a better position before joining. They lost that bet. it would be strange for the Germans to tell the allies at D-Day to wait a bit while they built a couple more bunkers and placed more machineguns where they were landing, right?

Edited by Cornelis Tromp

1 minute ago, maturin said:

Yeah, the defender has a disadvantage of having to sit inside the inner circle and wait for the timer to tick down.  The attacker has freedom of movement and a far larger join area. 

1 minute ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Yeah, the defender has a disadvantage of having to sit inside the inner circle and wait for the timer to tick down.  The attacker has freedom of movement and a far larger join area. 

The attacker can also be screened out, with the defenders being close to port to switch to PB ships and still join in time..... But they didn't.

26 minutes ago, Christendom said:

The swedes could've had a screen fleet to counter ours.  They didn't.  They also could of had the guy who got tagged join immediately instead of sitting there getting tagged.  They didn't.  Arrogance and stupidity lost them the port.  

Who was supposed to screen them if they spit in the face of every nation and made them an enemy? Well, maybe not counting Polish. Because, thanks to Sveno's friendly attitude, they did not hurt us.

:ph34r:

Edited by Wojtek
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

They could have joined from the docks without us having a chance at intercepting. they opted to take the risk to sail to a better position before joining. They lost that bet. it would be strange for the Germans to tell the allies at D-Day to wait a bit while they built a couple more bunkers and placed more machineguns where they were landing, right?

This is a good analogy.  Screeners in this situation are very similar to the bombers and naval ships on D-Day trying to soften up the defenses before.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  The defensive fleet in this situation has every advantage.  Not having to sail to the port, presumably not getting screened out and joining directly on the docks.  The defensive fleet also has the option to simply log on, undock and join.  We had to be on an hour and a half early to get to the port.  

This game is not a port battle simulator.  We have legends for that.  On the OW the sail up to the port and the battles just before it starts should be just as important as the fight inside.    

There's 2 different mindsets at work here.  One nation wants to involve the entire nation in the process of the Port Battle. From grinding it up together to gathering 40 people to show up and screen.  It's a national effort.  The other mindset is to log on 15mins before the battle....load in, sail around, chain, win and then log off back to playing PUBG. 

Tell me which is better for the game overall?

• Like 5

If the game needs more tactics for port battle participants, this isn't the way to do it.

I have absolutely zero skin in the game of who owns Cartagena. Swedes, Russians, who cares.

But the idea of two large fleet battles taking place on the exact same stretch of water at the exact same time is asinine. It's the kind of reality disconnect that turns people off in a big way.

Screening is good gameplay, but "screening" someone in their own harbor is bullshit.

1 minute ago, maturin said:

If the game needs more tactics for port battle participants, this isn't the way to do it.

I have absolutely zero skin in the game of who owns Cartagena. Swedes, Russians, who cares.

But the idea of two large fleet battles taking place on the exact same stretch of water at the exact same time is asinine. It's the kind of reality disconnect that turns people off in a big way.

Screening is good gameplay, but "screening" someone in their own harbor is bullshit.

They have 30 seconds immunity after undock + the tag timer to get into position. If they decide to push past that it's their own gambit.

4 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Instead being a DICKHEADS on forums set up a 25 vs 25 best players Sweden vs Russia - stream it. Prove who is better.

Bart, I can see through your plan. You want them to sink their 1st rate fleets, then do it maybe twenty more times in next 2 weeks, so that the Commonwealth would have some chance of competing with any of them in RvR in our 2nd rates :P

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Wojtek said:

Who was supposed to screen them if they spit in the face of every nation and made them an enemy? Well, maybe not counting Polish. Because, thanks to Sveno's friendly attitude, they did not hurt us.

:ph34r:

Your alliance was confirmed as soon as swedish and polish fleets fought together at South Haiti.

You are licking the ass of Sveno since then. Probably even you have dealings with DNP and VLTRA against GB's southern holdings.

RSC and other clans have the balls to fight the Swerg at one of their ports at the Bahamas. This is a clear message in response to all the damage dealed to GB by the swedish. 

In the meantime DNP and poles should grind more combat marks. Maybe one day admin will allow the conversion into pvp marks or victory marks. You are out of the rvr competition and you will always be.

4 hours ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

Your alliance was confirmed as soon as swedish and polish fleets fought together at South Haiti.

You are licking the ass of Sveno since then. Probably even you have dealings with DNP and VLTRA against GB's southern holdings.

RSC and other clans have the balls to fight the Swerg at one of their ports at the Bahamas. This is a clear message in response to all the damage dealed to GB by the swedish. 

In the meantime DNP and poles should grind more combat marks. Maybe one day admin will allow the conversion into pvp marks or victory marks. You are out of the rvr competition and you will always be.

My dear Friend.

Why can't you just not accept Oure love for you and the GB nation. We have no alliance with any one ore are against anybody, From the time Hydra was part Denmark, we got respect for some of the players, but that all. Look at who the spainards has as friendly. Is it DNP? We waited to attack some British port until we thought Spain and Russia was finished. But why are we there? Well we had some good and funny fight with the polish, but they got in to a struggle with some pirates. And as they are a small nation, we saw no fun in fighting them at the same time. So we looked on the map for some new fights, where we could have fun.

We gave 1 shot at the Germans, but well, lets be honest. That nation more ore less has fallen apart. Though I think Lig and friends may do some good there. So we looked for a new one to play with. Should it be the Dutch, well lets see, they have Russians, BF and Sweden down there. Think they have enough. The French, well I am not sure how fare they got to united the nation. But if not, well they have a beef with Spain, GB and Sweden. So that why we went for some small unimportant ports by the brits, to get some challenged and good fights. And that can the brits give us. Should we fight Russia, well the have kicked us so far in every PB. We just look for some good fights. Loots of players just stopped care about RvR, because of the merge and the Pb system. But don't think you should count Denmark out of the competition. Still think BF are doing good. We cant fight a big war, but slowly we are getting more players for RvR. But we just fight those for fun, not to se us on the leaderboard, because we dont care about it.

Not long ago my friend, you accused us of being gankers. I must have gotten in wrong, ore can you gank Ai ?*

All we do is just for fun, so players have som content and dont leave the game. But guess you would rather see Gb great again and play on a server with 200 players.

Edited by staun
* for cm, removed

9 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

GUYS since there is a huge amount of salt on forums after Carta here is my proposal:

Instead being a DICKHEADS on forums set up a 25 vs 25 best players Sweden vs Russia - stream it. Prove who is better.

Thank you. Happy New Year to all btw!

Well do think that would be a mistake from @North, to get in to such a fight. Still think the Swedes are best in a single battle. And I know he is not stupid. He just loose ship without anything to gain. He is in for the long run, and can't he not win one way, well he try to find another way.

Even if the Swedes get all there players back and got the "a game players" involved, I think they would be in for a fight. Just look at the actions on the map. They dont get a one on one fight. The numbers they will be up against, well lets just say WOW. If they can pull that off, well haven't been playing for that long. So I must depend on others clarify if the ever have been a nation that won such a war. Hell we even saw Babay a CS yesterday, so if Rus is back and a live.

1 hour ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

They gambled to get an advantage and lost everything.

Not everything mate. Just a few lousy pixels :lol:

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, vazco said:

Bart, I can see through your plan. You want them to sink their 1st rate fleets, then do it maybe twenty more times in next 2 weeks, so that the Commonwealth would have some chance of competing with any of them in RvR in our 2nd rates :P

You got me. Damn

• Like 2