Game-Labs Forum

5 hours ago, admin said:

to fix this invisibility and speed boost must be removed. but i think its generally a very much liked feature

Keep the invisibility and speed boost.

When one faction tags another faction, the join circles should be for those two factions — not an artificial pirate designation for one side.

Keep all battles open to join for longer period of time. I’d prefer they never close. Each side has the opportunity to bring their numbers up to 25 no matter how far they have to sail or what the BR is as long as they can get there within the 90 minutes. Of course, the more time that passes from battle start, the more likely the join circle will be far away from the action.

I know this isn’t perfect because of time compression but it’s the only fair option.

• Like 1

or a restriction is build in to do battle in a contesting circle around the port what does not allow battle instances  during contesting face of the port (one day)[when start if port is flipped]

and the battle circle is open again (all battles allowed) is open half (or 1 or ? ) hour before the port battle begins in the circle around the contested port

what means that you can not hide in a battle before the port battlefront or nearby  the contested port (only possible half hour before an actual port battle begins (if they hide in a battle before the port the defenders have failed to secure the area of the port )

or denial

of battles bigger than 70 br  (and restricted to ship battles up to  <70br per battle) in a wide circle around the port during contesting time(flipped port )(you need a lot of pirates than to hide :) ) [example for the 4 rate and line ship port battle.. for shallow it is  totally not allowed <10 br] defenders can attack anything during contesting time before port battle br is no issue for defenders( they are free of BR restriction so they can screen in the contested port battle wider circle and can also be attacked by attacking clan/nation )

or(if not a pirate pb)

other nations like pirates are restricted but also other nations who are not part of the contested port battle are not allowed to do battle in the contested port circle (they can not give help to attackers nation to hide attackers in the  contested port circle) no restrictions for defenders 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my best solutionfor the moment  >>

battle swords are always visible during the contested port time in the port circle  (and do not go away until the battle is over) so hiding is not hiding anymore +entrance to battle anytime (to take a peek look whos fighting + and are they fighting ?? [if they cheat you can take a screenshot for the forum tribunal ,]

and direct visibility in a contested port circle with no , no attack timer when coming out of battle also

this only counts 24 hours before the port battle starts....... after the  actual port battle starts..... the normal closing of ow battle timers come in place again..

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

We could simply code in a PB group, which can be created only once per nation eg. 2h before PB, and can't be tagged until PB ends. It would remove screening during PB event, which has a few advantages:

• smaller nations can still capture ports of larger ones
  • no exploits available

It has a single disadvantage, which can be countered:

• no PvP around port battles, only inside them. This removes a focus point for PvP.

This could be countered by making hostility more visible to everyone - eg. once it hits 25% in a given region, everyone gets an on-screen notification about this. It would move screening to one day before the battle.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, admin said:

we have not yet said it will be allowed in the future - its under investigation.
investigation goal is to maybe find the way to block it by design. but as you understand its very hard to remove attack :)  Any combat NPC could be attacked and a fleet can sail away from him for 1.5 hours.

to fix this invisibility and speed boost must be removed. but i think its generally a very much liked feature

battles within  a port battle area remain open for the full duration of the battle.

your welcome. 

Just now, King of Crowns said:

battles within  a port battle area remain open for the full duration of the battle.

your welcome. 

this would work because anyone going to a port battle either screening or fighting should be fully prepared to lose their ship. doesn't interfere with any idiot still trying to find pvp (without rvr) in this game. 

18 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

this would work because anyone going to a port battle either screening or fighting should be fully prepared to lose their ship. doesn't interfere with any idiot still trying to find pvp (without rvr) in this game. 

Its going to be a cosmetic fix that achieves nothing because you can sail in battles. Even if it is open enemy will be 5km away when you enter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Its going to be a cosmetic fix that achieves nothing because you can sail in battles. Even if it is open enemy will be 5km away when you enter. 

make it like a capital area battle/hostility mission  join system  where you can join anywhere in relation to the swords. and besides most pb ships are very slow. 

it will at least threaten them to leave before they want to. 

Edited by King of Crowns

6 minutes ago, King of Crowns said:

make it like a capital area battle  join system  where you can join anywhere in relation to the swords. and besides most pb ships are very slow. 

could be a good idea but it will make it extremely hard for small nations to counter

• Like 2

On 11/15/2017 at 8:20 PM, admin said:

Maybe players can just relax and play normally instead of turning into trash asshole dickmans?

One can only hope...

But for some people their notion of PVP is to jump a single ship with a group of 4 or 5.
That's the equivalent of picking a random single person on the street, and beating that person into a pulp with a group of 4 or 5, and then stealing that person's possessions.

That's not PVP, it's a mugging/ robbery.

I'd suggest a restriction on PVP rewards when the attackers total BR is like X-times larger than the ship they are attacking.
Might curb the appeal a bit to seal-club single players in group.

But of course this will be shot down by the hardcore PVP'ers immediately.

In my opinion, PVP'ers are being coddled way too much with their ships buy-able with marks, and special refits and upgrades.
Crafting a ship is not part of either the PVE or PVP side of the game, it's part of the RPG part of  this game.

Therefore this part should remain the same, whichever activity you prefer to undertake, being PVE or PVP

If having to participate in that is too much to ask of these players, they're in the wrong place.

Attacking another nation to hide the main fleet? Sounds like a reason to remove battles in general from the game like they did outlaw battles for the same reason. 😂

@adminany other excuse for removing outlaw battle that’s open for 45 minutes vs this exploit that is open for 3 minutes? I find this one worse than the outlaw battle “exploit” atleast you could join the battle in outlaw battle and see what’s going on or where it is located to ambush them when they get out. This one just disappears after 3 minutes and a whole fleet of 25 is gone.

• Like 3

So as an effect, that the Devs think it is OK to exploit battles to be able to ignore any screening, this is now in regular use.

I cannot accept that!

At least let us document these happenings and punish the players doing that.
I cannot and will never understand why you choose not to punish players missusing a game mechanic witch was documented to you.

80FFF1A8369BB01640943CA784D6CFC5CF83C17F

You can watch this live:
https://www.twitch.tv/lreversel

A big screening fleet of the Swedes standing around for nothing.

This hurts the game a lot.

Edit: The abuse of game mechanics was carried out as per textbook.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 9

On 15.11.2017 at 3:23 PM, Lonar said:

Funny i was pretty shure i saw the same thing from the russians when they conquered Bermudas. Yes it was not nessesary, but you had a pirate with you wich you tagged or he tagged you but then all of you jumped south of flatts into the battle. So now somone other uses your tricks now its a bad thing and goes to the tribunal? Or am i mistaken? :) 

We brought hull repairs for PB.