Game-Labs Forum

NATs on PvP2 server should really check themselves

Mike the Mongel

14 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I had a few responses to this. Nothing negative, but tired of repeating myself like I was in the presidential debates. Pirates can have the server just like they control the PvP2 content on the forums. Just going to stick to my clan page and try to grow. 

When you just started SMS I told you you are getting into politics that you should avoid at all cost. You wont be able to change things. No you want to walk away from politics and grow your clan quetly. Very sensible thing to do 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I had a few responses to this. Nothing negative, but tired of repeating myself like I was in the presidential debates. Pirates can have the server just like they control the PvP2 content on the forums. Just going to stick to my clan page and try to grow. 

I'm going to be bluntly honest with you since i been holding my tongue about this since we talked on TS that one night and I didn't even want to try to do that.  Cause I knew what the results would be.  You and your clan if you keep that attitude up will be nothing but a bunch of scrubs and prob will loose a lot of players. I know you all ready lost one member to the move and I'm sure you lost more than just that.  UNKN lost over 3/4 of members (44 players with 11 going rat) with half those being active when we moved from US to Pirates.  Unlike many folks that thought our whole clan moved which we didn't, just the very active PvPers that was sick and tired of the  political BS in US.  Kinda part of the reason you left Brits.  Just we picked a different flag.  If you just give up as fast as you seem to be doing over and over than your clan will never get any where.   We want to see SMS grow and become a power in the DUTCH. That means we have more folks to fight in the OW PvP or the once in a while Port battle.  Though we now gave ya'll the option to attack us instead of us pushing on ya'll.  Some guys came out and we got some PvP last night which was fun.  Though it is going to take more than a few guys to do that.  But if every one else hides and does nothing the active PvPers are going to get bored and either leave the game or switch sides.    If you want to keep them you need to keep the fights up.  We are doing  nothing other than giving folks content to play and keep busy, we are even telling them exactly how we do things and how to get there members back.  It's not our job to hold there hands and walk them through.  To be honest many of our clan members do want to just roll the map, but many of us remember how that didn't work and was counter productive to the whole server.   So for now the majority wins on trying to make the server better, but we need the other nations to do there part too.  Running and hiding and picking on the smaller nations is not you do it.

I'm going to add one thing, I wish SMS the best of luck and hope they grow and become a good power house clan in the DUTCH nation.   As I do for any other small clans of any nations.   We need change an it's up to you guys since the older clans don't want to make those changes.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

Politics are useless unless you have a clear and specific goal in mind. Set small realistic goals and go for it. For all small clans, focus on quality rather than quantity. Better off having 4 or 5 active members everyday than to have a bunch of low level, log in once in a while kinda of players. Also keep in mind of who you make deals with. A lot of people like to play politics but they don't have any power, influence or skill. You can't lead if you don't know how to fight!!

For any clan in Great Britain that wants to change something, GIVE UP!

While CKA is there, nothing will ever change. Join Spain or France.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, koltes said:

At the end of the day you could always go west. There are plenty of GB territory next door that shouldn't be theirs in the first place. Its all your decisions. Make a call. 

And remember we never said you had to break your alliance.  We are only trying to get GB and US to so that folks can fight each other on there level  since we have so many mid level players right now that need to get experience and level up.   Dutch can stay with GB or US for all we care, but they should pick on and let the other pick up a small nation.   Would be cool if US picked up Spain and GB/DUTCH fought as one team than you have the DFS alliance on the side.   Than pirates can be happy with our current regions and get our PvP screen the OW.   Maybe do a PB here in there in none important regions.  Remember my match of 71 regions with every nation having 5 regions (counting capital) that leaves 31 regions for every one to fight over and we will have a more healthy server and numbers will go up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, koltes said:

@van der Decken @OneEyedSnake

Guys, I know this hard. Your nation now lacks numbers (when we had a meeting with Zip and Snake the situation was different). We had that conversation only 2 months ago when you said you had lots of members recently and it was crazy... was that a bluff? You only lost couple of players really.

Before any attacks on you we were talking with you. Strategically you had a best chance to bring balance to the server. All you had to do is pull your heads off US/GB arse. No offense, but it still there today.

I told you pirates are raising up (after 3 months we start getting old players coming back) and I told you if you go carebear you will start loosing members. I also told you, US and GB if you continue attacking our regions and pirates will have none, then in order to survive majority of pirates will go to BLACK only making us stronger. After CKA war most of those who went pirates did not go to BLACK. They rolled separately. Today not only you "gave" us players who can fight and most importantly WANT to fight, but you also created a no brainer environment for them to join BLACK.

I also told you that you should start talking to Danes, Swedes and French. Create 4 way alliance and then there would have been a healthy balance. Nations would fight. Pirates would have casual PBs and also come to screen.

It was all your decision from there onwards. Today you suffer consequences of the decisions made 2 months ago.

You (Snake) said that you had no problems with us, but others (I assume Decken) dont trust pirates and that they dont think they can work with us. You asked to give you back Orinoko (it was out trophy that we took during CKA war) as a gesture of good will and to give other half of your nation an assurance. I agreed. It wasn't easy to concince my clan members to give you anything for nothing, but we did. And we did that while we alsomost had no territories. You also said that if you get Orinoko there is absolutely nothing you need up north. 

What have you done instead? You were supposed to break an alliance with US/GB. You were supposed to talk to Danes, Swedes and French. Whether this was planned or you couldn't control your nation thats not our issue if you cant control your nation - its yours. After you got Orinoko you did completely the opposite. Your nation went into US/GB alliance as it wasn't big enough big enough already. And remember they still had all their captains back then and they were bullying small nations all the time. So what was the reason behind your decision? To make them even stronger so there would definitely be no balance on the server, so small nations will never raise and you just play 90% pve and 10% pvp only when it suits you, while you all safe? How did that worked out for ya in the end?

Soon as you went in alliance with US you also attacked northen region (cant remember which nation but I think it was Swedes). Like the next day! I thought you said you had no interest in there? 

We still struggled with numbers. We would show up to PB outnumbered 1 to 2. But we still fought. We knew we would not win (and thise damn circles made it even more impossible for small numbers to win), but we still fought for the sake of fighting. Thanks to Simon and Joba who organised the Camel Toe we start getting old players back. We still had 15 players but some important batles could pull extra 3-5. Brining 20 pirates vs 25 US we felt happy - in our experience thats not them outnumbering us. Its us outnumbering them and numbers play no role in it.

It was after US lost the war their good PVPers finally saw that they are just wasting their time there and switched BLACK. Have Dutch had any chance fighting us? No. And having more members from US joining our ranks had nothing to do with that. It just made it more absolete. 

All in all. This was your decision not to roll with us. This is the result of that decision. You have choisen the side. Why and how we dont cary, but it happened and we had to work with whay we had.

Regarding giving your regions back same as we did to US? Short answer is no. Why not? You didnt think that you will all just go hide and we get bored and leave did you? You have to earn them. Do your best foghting. US did. We had lots of battles there. When we saw they were exhausted we left and gave then back everything. We got what we came there for. We made a statement and we had fun. Around Dutch lands we made a statement, but there was no fun.

Orinoko is our region indefinitely until we can't or dont want to hold it. Consider it as an act of nemesis. We gave it to you and you did not kept your word, so we took it back.

As for other regions we gonna hold them for now. Maybe will give them to DSF alliance. You want them you fight for them. Go organise this with your alliance. Get then over here to fight for you and make up numbers. Talk to GB etc. 

Dont want to talk to GB? Have you left not on good terms? Well again thats is consequences of your own decisions. Who is there to blame?

All I want to remind you is how I told you that the reason why US want you in the alliance so you will fight their wars in Antilles, but soon as you need then they will abandon you. Tell me I wasn't right? 

Im not posting this to rub your wounds. I really hope you come to your senses.

You have recently had SMS guys joined. Were they in big numbers or just a few?

At the end of the day you could always go west. There are plenty of GB territory next door that shouldn't be theirs in the first place. Its all your decisions. Make a call. 

My main contention with this is calling the nation mine. I clearly remember at the beginning of this meeting, which i made very clear to all dutch it was up to them, that while we may decide something it was up to everyone on the alliance thing. I also told you that we had a majority support in our nation to ally with the danes. Which was true. However Texas started bad talking people that we consider friends, that really affected our look on you guys, and unfortunately combined with about 45% of people not wanting the alliance in the first place made it not happen. And i know for a fact i told you that i was not the leader, we had no leader, and we still dont. The only thing as a nation we have to offer vs any other nation is the way we govern, we literally get no new players for months on end then one or two will show up. 

My secondary point is this, at that time we had a whole clan of 20 active people of fairly mid level, all of which left, save for 2, Onbekende and Sliver, shortly after the fine wood update. We actually havent had anyone leave due to the recent pirate carebear pick on the small guys way. We all knew it was coming when we hit castries, But thats what allies do, we attacked it to get you off the US for at least a bit, which it worked. Sure we would have taken it if not for that wind and if we could have beaten you in battle, but make no mistake, we definitely declared war on you guys, and meant it. 

My third concern is that of your idea that we dont know if we attack our regions you will one port us. Texas, Joba, JPV, etc. have all said this. So screw your bait trap, you can enjoy bullying no one, we will not take part of your antics. 

• Like 1

First of all in no way I was blaming you personally. Just remember that and if you have somehow felt that reading my post please re-read it again. I have NOT blamed you personally for what happened in Dutch nation and how Dutch threw away our deal with Orinoko.

I will try to answer your post as close as I can.

2 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

My main contention with this is calling the nation mine. I clearly remember at the beginning of this meeting, which i made very clear to all dutch it was up to them, that while we may decide something it was up to everyone on the alliance thing. I also told you that we had a majority support in our nation to ally with the danes. Which was true.
If I said that Dutch is YOUR nation I didnt mean that you own it. Merely that you are part of it. What you said is true. You did say that you had no control. That there were lots of small clans etc. You also said that if we give Orinoko you have better chances convincing the rest of the Dutch. You have tried. It did not work. No problem with you personally - you gave it a try. But we still have a problem with Dutch nation. They took our part of the deal and did not do theirs. Its simple. We just have to work with what we have. For whatever reason they did not do their part of the deal is outside our concern right now. We believe its only fair that we take Orinoko back to square one.

However Texas started bad talking people that we consider friends, that really affected our look on you guys, and unfortunately combined with about 45% of people not wanting the alliance in the first place made it not happen. And i know for a fact i told you that i was not the leader, we had no leader, and we still dont. The only thing as a nation we have to offer vs any other nation is the way we govern, we literally get no new players for months on end then one or two will show up. 
I have a problem with this right now. You said Texas bad mouth someone and thats why your nation did not want to do their part of the deal? Yes I think I have a problem with that. Maybe part of the problem exactly in the way you govern your nation, because there is just no certainty. Let me return this back at you and swap our places. If someone from Dutch (say you) came to me as made a deal. You give us a region and we do something. We agreed and you gave us the region. I was about to do my part but then some one from Dutch nation (lets say Ration :D) bad mouth my clan members. In my books this would definitely be not enough to not to do my part. At the end of the day you cant be responsible for everyone and you still did part of you deal. I'm telling you right now this would not have changed the deal if we would have been on opposite sides. Again I'm not saying that you have betrayed the deal or you planned it. I dont know either way. But what I'm certain of is that there is no control in your nation and anyone can pull the blanked all the way to their side. This means there is no way we could really deal with you. We just have to deal with facts. Facts in NA politics is what have already happened. You went US and attacked small nations and all Dutch were doing that. So we take that as a fact. You have attacked Castries in order to help your allies and we understand that and take that as a fact. You can't control your nation like BLACK control the clan and its a fact.

My secondary point is this, at that time we had a whole clan of 20 active people of fairly mid level, all of which left, save for 2, Onbekende and Sliver, shortly after the fine wood update. We actually havent had anyone leave due to the recent pirate carebear pick on the small guys way. We all knew it was coming when we hit castries, But thats what allies do, we attacked it to get you off the US for at least a bit, which it worked.
After Castries it was still possible to settle things by you taking step back and re-evaluating the situation. You could have comeback to us and say look guys we attacked you because we had to support allies. We see this is not going anywhere. Can we get this sorted somehow. This is how you initiate the dialog. We would probably tell you to return Orinoko and be done with it. Instead you have declared the war on us. We also understand your position, but wardec is a fact we have to deal with. You are part of the biggest alliance on the server (well maybe not now because we killed so many, but you were) and there should be reasons why you went war on us and allied with them right? You have done your part helping them, but it looks like they dont do their part helping you. Its another fact we have to deal with too, hence why we dont progress west at this stage.

Sure we would have taken it if not for that wind and if we could have beaten you in battle, but make no mistake, we definitely declared war on you guys, and meant it.
Well thats great! But you have to realize that if there is a war we're going to do everything in our power to smash the enemy. Make no mistake - its all fair in love and war. And now you are getting beaten up and complaining about us not being fair? But you are the ones who declared the war on us? WTF is your point? You declare war on us and expect us to fight in half numbers to give you some fairness? Seriously? Is that how you planned to fight us when you declared the war on us? What did on earth did you think would happen?

My third concern is that of your idea that we dont know if we attack our regions you will one port us. Texas, Joba, JPV, etc. have all said this. So screw your bait trap, you can enjoy bullying no one, we will not take part of your antics.
Well we are giving you time to heave a break and think on your next move. Of course if you attack what we have taken this means you have regrouped and ready to fight again. Remember we dont do talks with you anymore. Just accept facts. You attack and we will defend and take next region. And so on.
You think how you going the get out of this situation and get back to us once you get ideas. Good luck

Take a note that you aren't getting your regions back like we did with US. Those guys deserved to have them back. They fought well and bravely and what surprisingly mostly the new guys, not the old clans.

... and thats a fact

36 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

I have never Said we should one port you or any one been there done that got a t-Shirt.  We want you to try and take your ports back for the pvp.  I have Said on Twitch and I Mean it, if they refuse to Fight they Should be driven to one port But we are not going to do that.  I have openly Said they(Anyone) Flips our port at some crazy Time we take 1 of each alliance tho and Hold them.

5 minutes ago, koltes said:
6 minutes ago, koltes said:

I loved How the US came at us after Dday every day.  We punched them in the Nose, Knocked them out cold,  Some cryed, Others Complaned alot, but some got back up Over and Over and Loved it call it a Crash course in PVP.  I gave Ships good Ships away so they could keep coming and I was not alone in That. We Picked up a few new Pirates because of it,  Tuff Love I guess

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

I have never Said we should one port you or any one been there done that got a t-Shirt.  We want you to try and take your ports back for the pvp.  I have Said on Twitch and I Mean it, if they refuse to Fight they Should be driven to one port But we are not going to do that.  I have openly Said they(Anyone) Flips our port at some crazy Time we take 1 of each alliance tho and Hold them.

you have definitely stated that the pirates will one port us Dutch. 

@koltes You gave the US their ports back because you were down in our territory picking on all of 15 players. If you gave them their ports back for fighting, well we defended as best as we could. But that night battle you pulled on us, we also had one against the danes and french, we figured we would go to that one since we would have at least a closer chance. We lost both. You guys have never been small and you just like to fight easy fights against the Dutch.

And before Texas makes that stupid comment about giving us ports back thats the past. Its irrelevant *eye roll.* Im sure Hitler would have said the same thing lmao. Lets ignore the pirates one porting us and the brits and with the danes also the french and swedes. Lets ignore all that but always remind everyone we gave someone like 5 very useless ports that we would have taken back anyways since they held nothing of importance. You arent pro little guy, if that were the case youd already have given france those regions, and you also wouldnt force us to move completely out of our own territory to get resources. France even has more players than us btw. If Elrics number of 20+ is correct anyways. But sure, they dont get on all at once but that has never stopped you pirates from using that excuse on how GB and US are the largest. Ha. eat your own damn words and enjoy them. France is bigger than the Dutch. See how stupid it sounds? well welcome to the flaw of your whole argument about US GB VN being carebears. If GB wasnt having a massive dane problem they would have been down in our lands helping, and if the US werent dealing with pirates north they would have been down in our lands in more numbers. But that wasnt the case for either, want to know why? Because the Pirate Dane alliace is the largest most carebear alliance in this server. If you want real pvp like you always say i dont get why you dont attack each other. (Probably the same reason we keep our alliance id guess). So either lead by example or stop using that excuse. 

3 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

@koltes You gave the US their ports back because you were down in our territory picking on all of 15 players. If you gave them their ports back for fighting, well we defended as best as we could. But that night battle you pulled on us, we also had one against the danes and french, we figured we would go to that one since we would have at least a closer chance. We lost both. You guys have never been small and you just like to fight easy fights against the Dutch.

And before Texas makes that stupid comment about giving us ports back thats the past. Its irrelevant *eye roll.* Im sure Hitler would have said the same thing lmao. Lets ignore the pirates one porting us and the brits and with the danes also the french and swedes. Lets ignore all that but always remind everyone we gave someone like 5 very useless ports that we would have taken back anyways since they held nothing of importance. You arent pro little guy, if that were the case youd already have given france those regions, and you also wouldnt force us to move completely out of our own territory to get resources. France even has more players than us btw. If Elrics number of 20+ is correct anyways. But sure, they dont get on all at once but that has never stopped you pirates from using that excuse on how GB and US are the largest. Ha. eat your own damn words and enjoy them. France is bigger than the Dutch. See how stupid it sounds? well welcome to the flaw of your whole argument about US GB VN being carebears. If GB wasnt having a massive dane problem they would have been down in our lands helping, and if the US werent dealing with pirates north they would have been down in our lands in more numbers. But that wasnt the case for either, want to know why? Because the Pirate Dane alliace is the largest most carebear alliance in this server. If you want real pvp like you always say i dont get why you dont attack each other. (Probably the same reason we keep our alliance id guess). So either lead by example or stop using that excuse. 

I tried to have a sensible "no hate" answer, but you just keep rolling down hill and there is nothing I appreciate in your reply. Not the tone you have chosen, not the way you have worded your reply. You still using every excuse you can come up with, accusing everyone and you and your nation is the only ones that got nothing to do with the situation you are in right now. OK. You dont see it my way, deal with it your way, but just stop posting here. More you post, less sense you make.

Im sure Hitler would have said the same thing lmao
Bad remark and I dont appreciate it and I dont think anyone have. It will definitely not win you any friends.

Lets ignore the pirates one porting us and the brits and with the danes also the french and swedes
We have one ported only GB before patch. They were down to 1 port for little over a week before port reset came.
This is the current count. Show me how are you down to 1 port? Show me any screens where we had US down to 1 port? 3 weeks ago pirates had Castries and Kidd's. Thats 2 regions above our capitals. But you just dont want to see it that way do you? You have fallen into believe of your own created hypothetical theories that we MIGHT ONE DAY take you down to one port. And you base all your actions based on that fear.
For your information, one who covers his actions by an excuse of having a fear that someone will perform same actions towards them is a complete hypocrite.

Picture taken on 2017.02.28 - show me where you are down to one port?
SmjUovM.jpg

You arent pro little guy, if that were the case youd already have given france those regions, and you also wouldnt force us to move completely out of our own territory to get resources.
Let me chew this up for you if you still dont get it. Its ok everyone have their own pace. I'll wait until you get the moment of enlightenment. France get our support through the alliance they have with Danes, which we Pirates played a large role in initiating for all of them. Castries is the only Silver port for us and we keep it because there is no alliances for Pirates else we would have get it from them. French will get their silver from Danes, they just need to create 3 way alliance. Until they've done that we can give them the silver. We have plenty. All in all PDSF allaince affairs is none of your business, you have hard time catching up with your own.
In terms "us forcing you"...... I like that :)  You declared the war on us. You said make no mistake - we are at war. Ok-Ok-OK! We get that.
Question is - do YOU get that? You declared war on us. Thats why you were pushed and beaten. Declare capitulation and we can discuss the terms. Until there is war you will get beaten up and pushed. Maybe if you keep running your mouth like that to one port since this is what you are so scared of.
The PDSF alliance is working well. You had your chance to be part of it. You have chosen your side. Bare it now like a man.

France even has more players than us btw
You mean France have more newbs? Maybe. But its only the Elric that we see coming to battles outside France regions.

But sure, they dont get on all at once but that has never stopped you pirates from using that excuse on how GB and US are the largest
We dont make excuses only telling facts. We had plenty of PBs where 20+ GB would screen 10 pirates who would eventually get into PB to face 25 US. You should know because you were there personally as witnessed by BLACK. But then again your memory works mysterious spastic....errr selective ways.

If GB wasnt having a massive dane problem they would have been down in our lands helping, and if the US werent dealing with pirates north they would have been down in our lands in more numbers
Do you know why you always going to fail? Its because of inability to face hard facts. Sometimes if your business isn't working you have to really be honest and ask yourself the right questions. GB dont have a "massive" Danes problem. Not in your timezone anyway. When was Orinoko fight? During GB and Dutch prime time zone. Dane's play and flip ports AFTER maintenance. They have never had Danes attacking them during their prime time. So Brits not showing to Orinoko and helping you is completely between Dutch and GB. US dealing with pirates north? Hahaha lol is this another hypothetical hysteria? Sounds like your running from one corner to another in desperate look for excuses. There are NO pirate operations up north any more. Have never been since we left Charleston. We are there only to solo-small fleet pvp same as we did from day one. There is no attacks on US territory as you trying to portrait.
You are being in your own cuckoo land away from reality. Keep making excuses and remain blind. But I will put all my money on the fact that you have simply been abandoned by your allies.

Because the Pirate Dane alliace is the largest most carebear alliance in this server. If you want real pvp like you always say i dont get why you dont attack each other. (Probably the same reason we keep our alliance id guess). So either lead by example or stop using that excuse
We dont use this as excuse. For months Pirates had 2-3 people on TS, there was literally no one playing there. Danes also went bush and took a break. This is when we were telling US/GB alliance needs to stop. You either stop and rebalance alliances, else sooner or later we will get the numbers and you will face consequences. This been going on for over 6 months. But you keep spitting the dummy and completely ignoring your own PREVIOUS doings that leaded to this situation today.
You now are facing consequences of that carebear alliance. Of course today you been beaten and outnumbered and pushed out of your territory. If you would have listen THEN, you wouldn't be in this position NOW. Yes we are in alliance with Danes. We have been in alliance with them when they had no people and when we had no people. They are the only one nation that was always true to their word.

I would not trust a Dutch, GB or US to even take out my potty for a risk to one day find piranha in there.

Snake, today you are suffering same what we have in the last 6 months. Don't like it? This is what larger alliances do to you. Maybe you made a bad call joining the wrong alliance? Maybe?

We have a saying in BLACK. Time to time US/GB and Dutch get together to get their arses kicked by pirates.

Here is our gallery of some battles we remembered to post. You will see that majority of our battles we fight outnumbered. Show me fights when we ALWAYS outnumber you? Not the recent one when you declared a war that looks like an ant throwing grass sticks at the elephant. Show me of so spoken HISTORY of us being dominant in numbers. Show me fights when Danes outnumbered GB. Lets compare number of your screenshots vs our screens of us being outnumbered. Always empty accusations. Feed them to the newbs in your nation. The rest wont take that crap
http://na-black.enjin.com/gallery/m/40809368/album/281622/syspage/1

Edited by koltes
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

You arent pro little guy, if that were the case youd already have given france those regions, and you also wouldnt force us to move completely out of our own territory to get resources.

France has all ready been told they can take Trinidad if they want. It's up to them to grind it and flip it.  It's not on the top of there list right now.  It takes time after all.  So before you speak about what we do or don't do shut up.....you have no clue what we have worked out with other nations.    

As for you resources you lost Mahog...which your alliance still has three more regions of.   You didn't loose anything else you can't get from another regions around your others.  Again isn't that the whole point of having an alliance?

• Like 1

Oh, @OneEyedSnake I forgot to mention. An example of your conclusions so far distant from the reality.

8 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

@koltes You gave the US their ports back because you were down in our territory picking on all of 15 players

Check the date of this post. Camel Toe debrief was posted on the 14th. This was the date when we finished with US and declared the victory.

mlmvwWu.png

Another screen of my Dutch Oven post dated on the 16th advising that Dutch Oven will start on the 17th, which is 3 days after Camel Toe was done. So you really gonna continue making up lies that we gave US their ports back because we were busy fighting you?
We finished with them, got it sorted. Then went onto the next thing. You just can't handle the truth. I think I'm done with you unless you want to accept a public duel with me 1 on 1 in small fleets so its play for blood

IB0gpGa.png 

8 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

If you gave them their ports back for fighting, well we defended as best as we could. But that night battle you pulled on us, we also had one against the danes and french, we figured we would go to that one since we would have at least a closer chance

So we told you on the 16th that we are starting Dutch Oven operation on the 17th. From there on you had plenty of time to prepare. Your main concern is pirates at in your region. Yet you decide you going to flip/defend a port up north where you said previously you had no interest in? I don't get it? Fighting up North was more important then defending your own territory? When you pulled Castries we stopped at Charleston to defend it.
Also how come your GB allies didnt help you? I thought the reason they didnt help was because they were dealing with "massive Dane problem" (end of citation) but it looks like they haven't since you were the one fighting Danes and Swedes yourself?
Maybe that actually means GB had no one to fight yet they chose not to support you? I think you got so confused with at who you should be pissed off that you dont know which way your arse is facing.

Edited by koltes

On 26/02/2017 at 2:53 PM, van der Decken said:

After this happens to someone about 3 times, it becomes obvious to everyone else that resources are gone. Once you run out of Live Oak, and then Mahogany, it leaves you with more shit wood that would not hold up any better. So why the hell would anyone who lost 3 or more times in a row with the best materials decide to keep beating their heads against a wall with pure shit resources? That is just asinine. Me personally, I have no more Mahogany and no Live Oak. This means I have paper ships left. Why tf would I do a PB with paper? No one would. It's fine 1v1, 2v1, maybe even 3v1 depending on the enemy rates, but hello kitty a PB with paper wood ships.

Pirates didnt have any resources and we do just fine. Time to get good son and get some skill.

• Like 1

On 26/02/2017 at 3:17 PM, van der Decken said:

You call us carebears and order us to break the alliance. Knowing that the Brits and US lost more than half their best commanders to rats, and knowing how many alts rats have that will make the alliance break, we have only our own regions to rely on for resources. And everyone knows Danes and rats are giving each other supplies and ships. If you want PvP sso bad, fight the Danes. As for this boasting thread full of more BS....
puffin-meme-generator-thats-it-i-m-out-c

SO what if they are or arnt giving supplies. Isnt that the idea of an alliance to help each other?

Isnt your alliance working that way or you guys to busy ripping each off?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

you have definitely stated that the pirates will one port us Dutch. 

Please Show me Somewhere I typed this. I don't talk much on forms unless its something Stupid and/or funny about ops. You wont Find me saying this on Forms Sorry Mate

And now we have the US handing ports over to the Spanish, Considering that there are very few players actually in that nation I really do not see the point of this venture. Is the US going to hand the Texas area back to the French because they have only 1 or 2 areas currently as well? Did the DD clan ever consider notifying the British and Dutch of their decision to hand resources over to near empty HOSTILE nations? Since MARS operates mainly in the Gulf, I wonder if this will cause even more strife among the US clans due to a lack of communications. Since DD operate in the northern parts of the US territories I can see why they would put up very little resistance to the idea of surrendering the Gulf region. I am really curious now how many players there are in each of the nations...

I see arguments on both sides - overall this thread is not helping anything anymore and has lead to mudslinging. No matter who started it I think it's time to move on. And if someone decides to bring up the past, it should be ignored.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I see arguments on bith sides - overall this thread is not helping anything anymore and has lead to mudsling. No matter who started it I think it's time to move on. And if someone decides to bring up the past, it should be ignored.

I tend to agree.  Lots of he-said she-said going on.  None of it matters really.

13 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

.... France is bigger than the Dutch. See how stupid it sounds?...

But I do want to add one thing, which is as relevant as most of the other posts....

Since this seems to be a member-measuring contest, then yes - the French are bigger than the Dutch.  :P

• Like 2

Lots of pissing and moaning about having no resources and allies helping but we could see OneEye and Cordova having some quality alone time in CKA TS.  Yes we do have eyes everywhere!  I'm sure that CKA can produce all sorts of ships for the Dutch and even if they can't, GB and US resource ports are available for the Dutch to build ships in.......or, get this...you could declare war on someone and take their ports for yourself.  It's called PvP and it is good!  :)

I really don't get how these people play Conan Exiles by the way they play here.  Perhaps they are on a PvE server there.  I'm on one of the most brutal PvP servers there and I get ganked and raided with much more frequency and regularity than I ever do in Naval Action....fight dammit!

• Like 2

The small nations have wrestled with the lack of resources for a while - it is much better now - and yes, you have to make do.  We scrounged materials, we smuggled live oak out of the USA, mahogany out of Texas and other places.  Silver was the big issue - we could not craft any good ships or gold mods without silver - and for the longest time, we had none between the Swedes and ourselves.  Contracts were barely bringing silver - and ambushing AI traders was getting more than contracts.  Only when the Danes joined our alliance did we get a source of silver.

Now we are hoarding silver and the crafting woods.  I moved 10,000 live oak 250 at a time out of St Mary's.   The delivery system was fully booked for over a week moving it.  Then I did a similar thing with Mahogany out of La Navasse.

This gets back to a discussion in the clan meeting weeks back about ensuring nations have a source of critical materials - but I don't think there was consensus on this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

This gets back to a discussion in the clan meeting weeks back about ensuring nations have a source of critical materials - but I don't think there was consensus on this.

no one could agree with that. The only agreement made was not to make any attempt to one port (Spain was one ported before the meeting and by a very small group). A two region minimum for the National factions. Pirates were not included simply because anything concerning the pirates were going to be discussed when they were present in the second meeting. 

I’m quite new and not yet skilled in PVP, but I’m enthusiastic. I almost wish I had never found these forums because the politics stuff is disgusting. It might be better to be just a citizen victim of these behind-the-scenes shenanigans. (I guess we do simulate real life.)

Both sides have made accusations and claim unfairness and duplicity in the past. Get over it! (And I’m talking to my fellow Dutch as well.) All is fair in love and war. Rolling to one port is fair. Attacking someone while they are distracted elsewhere is fair. Attacking in the middle of the enemy’s night is fair. Being unwilling or unable to follow through on an agreement is fair. Giving conquered territories back to some enemies while not doing the same to others is fair. Outnumbering someone is fair. Being more skilled is fair. Having more or stronger allies is fair. Having your allies or countrymen help you tremendously or let you down is fair. Attacking weaker nations is fair. Not defending an asset or showing up with overwhelming force is fair. Destroying an enemy while they are weakened is fair.

In fact, it would be “fair” for a nation or alliance to use every possible advantage to achieve the total destruction of the enemy. It is only the fact that there is no end-game -- no ultimate winner and loser – that keeps this from happening. We also all probably know that winning in that scenario would actually be losing because we would no longer have fun.

Many of us question how these various actions affect other players or whether they are good for the game long-term. We seem unable to come to an agreement on who’s responsibility it is to do what to improve the game and “save the server.” My opinion is it is not the responsibility of any of us to save the server or rescue any nation. We all paid our money and should play the game in a way that is most enjoyable to us. Many of us seek like-minded individuals with which join in clans and nations to add to our enjoyment. When those clans or nations no longer represent shared ideals, we can make a change.

Unfortunately I’m away from my gaming rig, and therefore away from the game for almost the next month. If when I return there are no Dutch ports to return to, I’ll deal with it by continuing to try to improve so that I can help my nation regain some glory.

Fair winds and a fun game TO ALL.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Farrago said:

I’m quite new and not yet skilled in PVP, but I’m enthusiastic. I almost wish I had never found these forums because the politics stuff is disgusting. It might be better to be just a citizen victim of these behind-the-scenes shenanigans. (I guess we do simulate real life.)

Both sides have made accusations and claim unfairness and duplicity in the past. Get over it! (And I’m talking to my fellow Dutch as well.) All is fair in love and war. Rolling to one port is fair. Attacking someone while they are distracted elsewhere is fair. Attacking in the middle of the enemy’s night is fair. Being unwilling or unable to follow through on an agreement is fair. Giving conquered territories back to some enemies while not doing the same to others is fair. Outnumbering someone is fair. Being more skilled is fair. Having more or stronger allies is fair. Having your allies or countrymen help you tremendously or let you down is fair. Attacking weaker nations is fair. Not defending an asset or showing up with overwhelming force is fair. Destroying an enemy while they are weakened is fair.

In fact, it would be “fair” for a nation or alliance to use every possible advantage to achieve the total destruction of the enemy. It is only the fact that there is no end-game -- no ultimate winner and loser – that keeps this from happening. We also all probably know that winning in that scenario would actually be losing because we would no longer have fun.

Many of us question how these various actions affect other players or whether they are good for the game long-term. We seem unable to come to an agreement on who’s responsibility it is to do what to improve the game and “save the server.” My opinion is it is not the responsibility of any of us to save the server or rescue any nation. We all paid our money and should play the game in a way that is most enjoyable to us. Many of us seek like-minded individuals with which join in clans and nations to add to our enjoyment. When those clans or nations no longer represent shared ideals, we can make a change.

Unfortunately I’m away from my gaming rig, and therefore away from the game for almost the next month. If when I return there are no Dutch ports to return to, I’ll deal with it by continuing to try to improve so that I can help my nation regain some glory.

Fair winds and a fun game TO ALL.

My friend, you must be a lawyer or a preacher.  That was very eloquently spoken.  ;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, koltes said:

Oh, @OneEyedSnake I forgot to mention. An example of your conclusions so far distant from the reality.

Check the date of this post. Camel Toe debrief was posted on the 14th. This was the date when we finished with US and declared the victory.

mlmvwWu.png

Another screen of my Dutch Oven post dated on the 16th advising that Dutch Oven will start on the 17th, which is 3 days after Camel Toe was done. So you really gonna continue making up lies that we gave US their ports back because we were busy fighting you?
We finished with them, got it sorted. Then went onto the next thing. You just can't handle the truth. I think I'm done with you unless you want to accept a public duel with me 1 on 1 in small fleets so its play for blood

IB0gpGa.png 

So we told you on the 16th that we are starting Dutch Oven operation on the 17th. From there on you had plenty of time to prepare. Your main concern is pirates at in your region. Yet you decide you going to flip/defend a port up north where you said previously you had no interest in? I don't get it? Fighting up North was more important then defending your own territory? When you pulled Castries we stopped at Charleston to defend it.
Also how come your GB allies didnt help you? I thought the reason they didnt help was because they were dealing with "massive Dane problem" (end of citation) but it looks like they haven't since you were the one fighting Danes and Swedes yourself?
Maybe that actually means GB had no one to fight yet they chose not to support you? I think you got so confused with at who you should be pissed off that you dont know which way your arse is facing.

Exactly . you ended the US operation because you came down here dingbat