Game-Labs Forum

Increase Group Size / Create Raid Groups

104 members have voted

1. 1. Create 25 Man Raid Groups or Increase Group Size

• Yes
    • No

I think the in-game group of six in incredibly limiting, especially when you have about 10-20 people on who play together.

I propose that there is either a flat increase of group numbers from 6 to 10 or the creation of "Raid Groups" like other MMOs have with a hard limit of 25 ( enough for a port battle ).

Discuss.

I don't see any reason not to, and it shouldn't take too much development time. It starts to get annoying trying to get 25 people into separate groups when you can only do 6 yourself, and it would help to see exactly what ships you have before attacking the port.

I'm actually kind of surprised that this hasn't had anyone vehemently opposed to this idea yet, people on this forum certainly can be contentious about the smallest things.

Edited by Bigvalco

If the mission entrance changes are here to stay i would be highly in favour of such a system since otherwise the enemy gankers will know they will never encounter more than 6 enemies. Also make grouping up easier, such if someone is ganked in the mission instance it might be not the most approrpirate to invite 24 players manually. Solution = make /join XYZ open a small popup window on the group leaders side to accept people quickly. This will also help large guild squadron organization.

I'm actually kind of surprised that this hasn't had anyone vehemently opposed to this idea yet, people on this forum certainly can be contentious about the smallest things.

What a ridiculous idea!!!

But seriously, it doesn't sound as easy as everyone makes it sound.  Imagine that you have 25 people in your group... where are you going to stick that huge bar of players on the screen so that it isn't in the way?

More players means that you need to rethink how it works in the UI which could end up being a fair amount of work.

I'm not against it, I'm just not finding it too be impacting my game play at all, even when I am playing with 25 people.

I actually thought it was a glitch when I couldn't add more than 6 on a game that's clearly made for great battles and fleets. You actually have to talk to them on the national chat and pester the whole nation with directions.. "Go just above that island NE of you.. go faster...  attack those pirates.. that's the battle where we are.. Join now.." - It seems ridiculous right?

What I suspect is that the reason why we don't see it is that they must be working on a more efficient way of doing the HUD thing as we speak :) Wishful thinking

Tollcraft/Leto, there would be a simple solution for both the issues you present with the system. Clans, simply give clanmates a flag similar to the one groupmembers have now, visible to your own clanmembers, this shouldnt be hard to code in and then use the clan chat... both issues solved. No big screens with all names and a seperate chat for all. 

• Like 1

Yep, would like bigger groups but understand why they've limited the size. Not 100% sure on how it's shared outside the group, but for instance some slight tweaks to shared xp might be needed?

Regardless, would be nice to see at least clan members in your vicinity like the flags on group members. Limit distance they are visible of course.