Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming patches this week.

Let me explain the alternate view a bit more for you.

1. They committed at the start of this thread to provide Nation Change Work-around Feb 1-5. No one make them commit to this date... it was their timeline.

2. Nation Change is still not available

3. There have been multiple request from customers on this and the Steam Forum for a status - that is all people are asking for, Just a "Sorry, hit an issue, going to be few more days/weeks/months/never"

4. Still no response to date

A quick response doesn't take much really does it??; and goes a long way to make customers feel valued. Kind of Customer care 101.

Also it should be noted that there have been people who have already attempted to change factions under the assumption that they would keep their experience and have found out that they lost everything.

I am unhappy with my character name...

Will this work?

Give my ship to my guild mate.  Delete/Recreate character with new name.  Same faction/Same XP.   Have friend give ship back.   And I'm right where I was with a new name?

At the moment you will lose ALL Exp as well as gold/parts ect.

As long as you are OK with that you can do it - never tried that with a ship, I guess you can sell it for 1 gold....?

But isnt that opposite of what this says here?

How it will work

• You XP will be tied to your Steam account
  • You will still have one account per server
  • But your player name or nation will not be synchronized. 

This will allow you to freely experiment and will allow to switch nation if you are unsatisfied with your current choice. But you will still have 1 player on the server and this will reduce spying and other high level problems. Deleting a character will delete everything except for XP.

The crying from people who have no idea how game development works... Patch will come when it is ready.

I love when people use that same excuse every time even though all we want is a single comment on progress with a very specific feature. Yet apparently it takes 40 minutes to write a 10 second reply in this thread.

We are not asking for the moon here.

Here's how you get us to stop complaining about this:

1. Post an update, takes very little time, the Post button is in the bottom right corner of this page.
  2. We read the update.
  3. ???
  4. We shut up and you profit.

The thing about Early Access games is that people are purchasing it on pure faith, to keep their faith you need to be very open to discussion and transparent in your development. Again we are not asking for a massive update or huge changes. LITERALLY a single response from Admin about the faction change issue is all we require. I see him responding in other areas just fine, so the excuse that it would interrupt progress to respond is asinine.

Edited by Remo

The thing about Early Access games is that people are purchasing it on pure faith, to keep their faith you need to be very open to discussion and transparent in your development. Again we are not asking for a massive update or huge changes. LITERALLY a single response from Admin about the faction change issue is all we require. I see him responding in other areas just fine, so the excuse that it would interrupt progress to respond is asinine.

From what I have seen, the devs are very open and are regularly on the forums answering to user questions and the like. If they have not done so in this specific case there must be some reason behind that. I assume we'll get an update on the situation within the next few days. Coming on here and debating how long it actually takes to press the post button or scratch your bum is not constructive and is a bit stupid if you ask me. We wait and see.

As they have encountered a lot of problems and are probably still debating how the issue can best be solved, I cannot fault them for postponing the update.

• Like 1

From what I have seen, the devs are very open and are regularly on the forums answering to user questions and the like. If they have not done so in this specific case there must be some reason behind that. I assume we'll get an update on the situation within the next few days. Coming on here and debating how long it actually takes to press the post button or scratch your bum is not constructive and is a bit stupid if you ask me. We wait and see.

As they have encountered a lot of problems and are probably still debating how the issue can best be solved, I cannot fault them for postponing the update.

You're right they have been very open, until quite recently actually. Three days ago I would be surprised to see them not respond to most questions or issues, but since then there has been very little.

Like I said early in the thread, I'm just making sure they don't make a mistake that could hurt their reputation this early into EA. That sort of thing kills EA games. If they don't have a PR Rep I suggest they hire someone pro bono from the forums to handle it.

Believe me when I say that I am not some anarchist that wishes to see them suffer from this. I just want them to uphold every promise they make, and to not fall into the traps that other larger companies do. They are not backed by a large publisher who will save them from PR disasters.

Edited by Remo

As someone who writes code, and by someone who plays games that 'hit their deadline', I'd much rather have it when it's ready than on time.   

Ah Thanks SKurj! When it happens, I'm totally doing what I said and adjusting my name.

Well when that 

Not in place yet Yo-Yo

• Like 1

I'm sure they don't need us (mere plebs in the game development area) to tell them what is best for them or to "save them from mistakes". And it's in the players' (or better "testers'" in this case) hands to (not) make a big issue out of a slight delay of an update, three and a half weeks into Early Access. As with all EA games (and even more so with projects that only have a small dev team behind them), the first few weeks of a successful EA are hardly the most productive. Surely that is logical enough to understand.

Edit: This also goes towards your comment on "how long can it take to press the post button".

Edited by Zarniwoop

I love when people use that same excuse every time even though all we want is a single comment on progress with a very specific feature. Yet apparently it takes 40 minutes to write a 10 second reply in this thread.

We are not asking for the moon here.

Here's how you get us to stop complaining about this:

• Post an update, takes very little time, the Post button is in the bottom right corner of this page.
  • We read the update.
  • ???
  • We shut up and you profit.

The problem is people are never satisfied, soon as one question is answered, they ask 5 more accusing the developers of. Not answering fast enough.

• Like 1

What ruthless4u said.  I rather them work on the game to be honest if they have time to answer questions that is great, however if they choose to spend there time working on the game rather than answer 100s of question that is fine with me.

They will answer when they have something to say be patient.

• Like 1

Let me explain the alternate view a bit more for you.

1. They committed at the start of this thread to provide Nation Change Work-around Feb 1-5. No one make them commit to this date... it was their timeline.

2. Nation Change is still not available

3. There have been multiple request from customers on this and the Steam Forum for a status - that is all people are asking for, Just a "Sorry, hit an issue, going to be few more days/weeks/months/never"

4. Still no response to date

A quick response doesn't take much really does it??; and goes a long way to make customers feel valued. Kind of Customer care 101.

With games still in development its still being developed and you have to be patient. 

Patience patience... sometimes things don't work as planned and devs need more time... what do you want them to say ?

"it doesn't work yet ! We'll keep in touch !"

"nope, still doesn't work. Sorry folks !"

"Such a bummer, we still have some issues, please wait !"

• Like 1

Hello Captains

We plan to deliver the following fixes before moving to content production and new ships. 

1) XP and changing nations

We have encountered a lot of problems and confusion with the current system - we plan to add a temporary workaround that will solve the confusion and will provide more flexibility (while keeping the same 1 server - 1 player rule)

How it will work

• You XP will be tied to your Steam account
  • You will still have one account per server
  • But your player name or nation will not be synchronized. 

This will allow you to freely experiment and will allow to switch nation if you are unsatisfied with your current choice. But you will still have 1 player on the server and this will reduce spying and other high level problems. Deleting a character will delete everything except for XP.

2) Better PvP XP rewards

3) Entering missions as a friendly - needs to be addressed in a separate topic: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/9566-entry-to-missions-your-opinion-needed/

4) Additional warnings when attacking a friendly (too many people were becoming pirates by mistake)

5) Several potential exploits closed

6) Number of NPC fleets near capitals will be reduced significantly to reduce pulling into battles. Those bot routes will be reallocated to free towns and regional centers.

7) Additional minor bug fixes and changes.

what ever happened to this patch ? :'(

what ever happened to this patch ? :'(

Blackbeard i see nothing on that in regards to a set date, so i do not know what people are complaining about.

Edited:  looking back at post I see nowhere the devs giving a definite time table on when it be implemented they said they plan to implement it soooooooooooo what are we complaining about now?  A update that never had a set date?  Jeez people get off the band wagon that devs don't stick to dates

Last Edit:  The admin made the post as a means of letting the community know they are planning to implement the feature sometime in the future there is not set timetable for it, it will be implemented when the Devs get around to doing it and finishing it or if they are working on it then when they finish they will let us know and deploy the update.  

Again people  Relax

Also it should be noted that there have been people who have already attempted to change factions under the assumption that they would keep their experience and have found out that they lost everything.

Despite the giant sticky "do NOT delete your character"?

I don't think these people can be protected from themselves.

• Like 2