Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming patches this week.

Hello everyone !

the most important and pressing (IMO) is patch pirate vs pirate xp and gold (delete) ! because i see pirate exploit xp and for me is a form of cheat :s

and share the same occasion reduce -50% xp and gold if we leave the fight before it is finished ! why i say that ? because i see (on streaming !) faction agreement for fight and no sanking just for xp :s is the same pirate exploit !

please fix this !

;-)

I'm kind of holding off playing waiting for the nation change ability....don't want to play incase I have to delete to change nations.....

Some update would be good as it was promised for this week.....

why hold off with the future changes? play gain exp, when patch hits transfer to new nation find decent guild who will help you cap whatever level ship you need and carry on...

why hold off with the future changes? play gain exp, when patch hits transfer to new nation find decent guild who will help you cap whatever level ship you need and carry on...

Because I don't 100% believe they are going to do Nation Transfers anytime soon. I'd have expected them to have answered with some sort of update unless they had a big issue causing a delay.

As they said in the OP - they are switch from doing fixes after this week to content, which is good, but it may be the kiss of death to nation transfers if they didn't get patched this week.........

Will this change be announced on the patch list when it comes?

I'm guessing I couldn't notice the difference otherwise, although I do see some merit on holding off from announcing it (to make a more gradual change, rather than seeing hundreds of players immediately shifting and wreaking havoc).

6) Number of NPC fleets near capitals will be reduced significantly to reduce pulling into battles. Those bot routes will be reallocated to free towns and regional centers.

Being often in a trader ship and ending in those battles is a waste of time for me and it happens quite often when arriving near the capital so it's a good thing i guess.

But is there something planed like an option to not automatically send traders into battles that we could set on/off in the options panel ? Only trader's ships will be excluded if they decide to do so, at least lone traders , those having a fleet may enter automatically in battles.

Thanks.

Would it be too much to ask for a 1 time per account permanent nation switch that includes possessions?

I would love to switch now that I know a bit about the game, and am sure of where I want to end up, but I've gotten up into missions that would be very difficult to approach in a basic cutter... I know there are other ways to make money in a cutter, but I feel like I've worked hard to get to this point, but just made a decision I'm not happy about in a game with a very real grind.

Such is game development my friend. Nothing is certain ever. :) Next week it is.

It wouldn't be an issue if they only would come in here and drop a comment about it. You never EVER say you will do something, not do it, and then proceed to not give a reason why. Not in development, that's something AAA developers do that pisses people off to no end. Transparency is key, they have been good about it up to this point and now they are starting to make some mistakes.

Admin needs to just come in, say "Ahh sorry guys we couldn't get it in when we said we could, no biggie it will come next week" or something, just to let us know what's going on. Either that or never have a date attached to a change like this again. I shudder to think of the players who have already deleted characters thinking that xp carries over because they read "The patch from 1-5th of Feb will allow changing of nation but keeping of XP".

• Like 1

In Software Development, 10 seconds costs 30-45 minutes of productivity.

Patience please

I don't think we're asking so much. All I'd like is a 10sec response from someone that's says very briefly what is going on....like:

"Sry will be next week"

"sry will be in 1 to 3 months"

"sry we can't do this at this time, maybe in in 6-12 month"

"sry this feature is not possible"

And I work at a major software company so I know this isn't too much to ask, especially when it was promised for last week. Developers already know the answer to give from the above.

In Software Development, 10 seconds costs 30-45 minutes of productivity.

Patience please.

Very well.

It's your game not mine, I only give counsel on what I have seen happen so many times before. Yet if you feel all is going to plan who am I to voice concerns.

Edited by Remo

Very well.

It's your game not mine, I only give counsel on what I have seen happen so many times before. Yet if you feel all is going to plan who am I to voice concerns.

It's obviously not going to plan. Nation change was promised last week and.......... nothing not even a "sorry, we've hit an issue, it will be now xx/xx".

I'm surprised they have not commented even after all the questions on this and the Steam Forum - doesn't give me a warm feeling about their attitude towards customers.

Edited by Sioncent

It's obviously not going to plan. Nation change was promised last week and.......... nothing not even a "sorry, we've hit an issue, it will be now xx/xx".

I'm surprised they have not commented even after all the questions on this and the Steam Forum - doesn't give me a warm feeling about their attitude towards customers.

Then you need to hang out in the forums and read the developer blogs etc more. They certainly don't have a bad attitude towards customers and stating such would simply be unfair and untrue.

• Like 1

Guys stop being so hard on the Devs.

The guys have just released their game on early access and are now furiously working to ensure that it not only stands up to the new rigourous playing but it also continue to improve and shape into the game we all want.

I have not been a part of a game which has as much Dev and admin feedback than this game. They are not only doing a cracking Job but still find time to give us regular updates and hold polls on new implimentations.

They can not be expected to reply to every question on here else no work would ever get done.

So from me and my guys... Thank you Devs and Admins.. Keep up the good work.

• Like 3

Then you need to hang out in the forums and read the developer blogs etc more. They certainly don't have a bad attitude towards customers and stating such would simply be unfair and untrue.

Guys stop being so hard on the Devs.

The guys have just released their game on early access and are now furiously working to ensure that it not only stands up to the new rigourous playing but it also continue to improve and shape into the game we all want.

I have not been a part of a game which has as much Dev and admin feedback than this game. They are not only doing a cracking Job but still find time to give us regular updates and hold polls on new implimentations.

They can not be expected to reply to every question on here else no work would ever get done.

So from me and my guys... Thank you Devs and Admins.. Keep up the good work.

Let me explain the alternate view a bit more for you.

1. They committed at the start of this thread to provide Nation Change Work-around Feb 1-5. No one make them commit to this date... it was their timeline.

2. Nation Change is still not available

3. There have been multiple request from customers on this and the Steam Forum for a status - that is all people are asking for, Just a "Sorry, hit an issue, going to be few more days/weeks/months/never"

4. Still no response to date

A quick response doesn't take much really does it??; and goes a long way to make customers feel valued. Kind of Customer care 101.

• Like 1

I am unhappy with my character name...

Will this work?

Give my ship to my guild mate.  Delete/Recreate character with new name.  Same faction/Same XP.   Have friend give ship back.   And I'm right where I was with a new name?

NO.

Never delete characters. Everything is lost and the devs can't bring it back.