Game-Labs Forum

Noticed that there wasn't any visible sail damage in the Bellona battle, did they remove this feature? :(

Im sorry Sir but you better re-watch the video. You can quite clearly see Some of the jibs having holes in the canvas.

The demasting mechnaic is a luck-roll. You hit the mast and it will eventually go down.

I think its well balanced right now. Demasts dont happen frequently-

3parts did it really took us so long

yep this is the one where Pap and i just Would Not Sink   part 3 is only about 5 min long

if i have the time i will combine and edit all 3 into one and repost with Notes (narration)

may be call it  "The Importance of Being in Survival". :D

Bunbury

yep this is the one where Pap and i just Would Not Sink   part 3 is only about 5 min long

if i have the time i will combine and edit all 3 into one and repost with Notes (narration)

may be call it  "The Importance of Being in Survival". :D

Bunbury

Admit it...you had the hull stuffed full of packing peanuts

• Like 1

Looks great but I have seen several Videos of a ship being De-Masted...but it does not stay attached / Drag in water....does the mast being in the Water slow you down ??

Does it just depart from the Ship and you do not need to Clear it ?

Also how much speed is reduced from a missing mast ?

got no numbers but geting a mast shot off is a real pain.

Its must've been a pretty big coincidence for masts to get shot off 3 times in 2 20-minute videos.

I'll still take your word for it. Its hilarious though. :lol:

RE the mast dragging: Thought about it the other day myself when I saw the first video of a mast being shot away and it brought to mind several things I've read in the past about how much a sheer mess it was and how hard it was to free when it did happen. I'm not talking about the scene in Master and Commander (which was well done) but researched accounts of it actually happening.

Would be a really cool function to add later. Or sooner ;)

• Like 2

Would be interesting to have masts drag along side until they're cut away. Would change things abit. Not sure if it's in the cards though

My thoughts exactly....the mast would slow you very quickly, maybe pull you too one side and even block several guns until cleared

• Like 1

Being dismasted was quite common, especially in large actions.

"At 12.26, observed one of the French ships totally dismasted about the centre of the line, by some of the ships of our lee line, and another of them with her fore yard and mizen topmast shot away. At 1.15, observed the Tonnant's fore top mast shot away. At 1.20, a Spanish three-decked ship with her mizen mast shot away. At 1.25, observed an English ship with her fore and mizen masts shot away. At 1.32, her main yard shot away. The centre and rear of the enemy's line hard pressed in action. At 2, the Africa engaged very close a French 2-decked ship, and in about 5 minutes' time, shot away her main and mizen masts. At 2.10, observed the Mars hard pressed in action. The remainder of the British fleet, which were come into action, kept up a well-directed fire on the enemy. At 2.15, the Neptune, supported by the Colossus, opened a heavy fire upon the Santisima Trinidad and 2 other of the enemy's line which were next her. At 2.20, the Trinidad's main and mizen masts shot away. At 2.30, the Africa shot away the fore mast of the 2-decked ship she was engaged with, and left her a complete wreck. She then bore up under the Trinidad's stern and raked her fore and aft. Colossus and Neptune still engaged with her and the other two ships, which appeared by their colours to be French. At 2.34, the Trinidad's fore mast shot away, and at 2.26 one of the French ships' main and mizen masts. Observed 9 of the enemy's van wear and stand down towards the centre. Observed the Royal Sovereign with her main and mizen masts gone."

• Like 2