Game-Labs Forum

Naval action on ps4

I know i will get alot of hate for this, but with the crontrols and graphics in naval action the ps4 would be a great platform.

Only downside is the update stuff from sany.

P.s. Pc-ps4 cross platform enabeled ofcourse <3

How would the controls of the ps4 and naval action be a good combination? the ps4 controller is extreamly limited due to the extreamly small amount of buttons, it will either require a large amount of different key combinations or it has to(which too many games are now a days that are both console and pc) dumbified.

also, dont forget i doubt the consoles would be powerfull enough to run this game, i think the consoles would be running this game at 30 fps on low settings or something, it simply wont work well enough i think for it to be worth while.

one last thing, due to this game being quite a niche game it wont take off on any console as the consoles are more something for the general people with games like CoD, battle field and other large triple A games.

It indeed could be good with a controller in battle.

You have 4 side of the ship (buttons)

You have slow aiming and slow movement (no twitch based movement)

Reload could be done with the pop up wheel. 

Aiming and cam with a stick

Yards with RT LT and triggers

And it could be cross platform 

But the only problem is the lobby UI, We are not yet good with UI ;)

But as an instance based ST1 style game - could be. If it is cross platform it could fill the events with people.

In fact we have been contacted by Sony some time in the past but we delayed the conversations for the future.

• Like 3

It indeed could be good with a controller in battle.

You have 4 side of the ship (buttons)

You have slow aiming and slow movement (no twitch based movement)

Reload could be done with the pop up wheel. 

Aiming and cam with a stick

Yards with RT LT and triggers

And it could be cross platform 

But the only problem is the lobby UI, We are not yet good with UI ;)

But as an instance based ST1 style game - could be. If it is cross platform it could fill the events with people.

In fact we have been contacted by Sony some time in the past but we delayed the conversations for the future.

Regarding controls, ok fair enough, can i just say from a personal point of view, i would prefer the game not to come out on console simply due to fear of things getting dumified and sacrefices being made due to the poor performance of "next gen" consoles.

• Like 3

Regarding controls, ok fair enough, can i just say from a personal point of view, i would prefer the game not to come out on console simply due to fear of things getting dumified and sacrefices being made due to the poor performance of "next gen" consoles.

I have your same worries, OlavDeng2 :(

I don't agree. I think Naval Action would be very great on ps4. Did you know that the ps4 is about 10 times more powerful than the ps3? Ac Black flag really looks beautiful on ps4 and it wasn't even created for the ps4 in the first place.

And more people can afford a ps4 than a expensive computer anyway to play Naval Action.

Edited by Olof Cederström

I don't agree. I think Naval Action would be very great on ps4. Did you know that the ps4 is about 10 times more powerful than the ps3? Ac Black flag really looks beautiful on ps4 and it wasn't even created for the ps4 in the first place.

And more people can afford a ps4 than a expensive computer anyway to play Naval Action.

10 times more powerfull than a ps3... but that thing is what, 10 years old? doesnt make the console any better, the console has a gpu equivilent of a r7 265 and a super weak cpu, i dont think it will be worht it to port it over if it can barely run naval action

also, the ps4 isnt that much cheaper than a good pc.

Edited by OlavDeng2

As much as it may work, it could hold the online content back since the ps4 is not as capable as a decent PC. I am sure the devs don't want to create a 2 tier game with different features in the PC and console version yet everyone playing on the same server.

Edited by 4535jacks

But what do you mean with "the poor performance of next gen consoles"? It is true that the pc will always win over consoles because of the new releases of graphic cards etc each year, but I don't think there has been any game released this far to truly test what the ps4 can handle.

actually, from day one the releases have tested what the consoles can handle, and the fact of the matter is that they are about the performance of a low end gaming pc... which for the price is alright, but a bit extra you can build your own low end gaming pc.

Even the planet side 2 devs have said so, the ps4 is not powerfull enough. You see it all the time with only getting 900p @30fps games(when the standard today should really be 1080p @60fps)

• 1 year later...

Im going to revive this topic.

You can use keyboard and mouse on ps4, controller is also no problem imo. Look at paragon, i dont think the ui is so much different and it works with controller. 

Only downside is update stuff but warthunder also works. Just means that you release the update once sony has approved of the update. Its not like the playerbase is going to notice a patch thats released 3 days later. 

1485894209274-851433759.jpg

Ingame voip and or chat. It (voip) works in the console version of eso. In paragon for example they have keyboard chat for people who use keyboard on ps4. 

I agree on finishing the pc version. Just a port with controller support should be it. Its the same in war thunder (also cross platform).

On 1/31/2017 at 3:13 PM, NielsVisser said:

But how are you talking to other players in ps4?, you can use a party on ps4 but thats not very good for this game.

also how can a ps4 player talk to a pc player? it brings problems so my idea is finish the pc version first.

It wouldn't be cross platform so that PC and Consoles players play on the same servers. It would be two seperate games.   Very few games have every been able to do true cross platform. Though a few might be coming out soon.  The biggest problem I have is small dev team and they tend to dumb down games for Consoles so that it suffers on the PC side.  Though I still love the fact i can play my PC game at high settings and still get better performance than any consoles for a long time.

• 1 month later...

But it can work, and theres no reason to dumb it down. 

If you look at paragon they enabeled mouse and keyboard for console. it plays exactly the same like on my pc. Same for final fantasy.

The only thing that you need to do is wait to realease the update until sony approves it (only downside). 

We have one console R&D guy who is working on the console experiments in the age of sail setting. Some things are already known, because they just can't work well on consoles: for example That game won't have Open world. it will be sea trials style pure combat game. 

Maybe providing controller support on the PC is a good first step to see what control setup works best and whether it's competitive with mouse+keyboard players (for potentially sharing a server)? Feels like it should definitely be doable with modifiers (e.g. RT modifier + keypad directions determining which cannon sides to switch on or off).

(Disclaimer : I'm completely biased because I still fully intend to emulate a controller axis so that I can steer with a racing wheel :D)

If I had a console I could definitely see myself running NA on the television and doing other things in the meantime while things are slow (e.g. trade run while cooking food, wireless controller nearby), it's pretty relaxing, almost like having a screensaver running.

Edited by Guest