Game-Labs Forum

Are premium ships rumors real?

Now that's hardly fair man! They asked me for £30 for the right and privilege to be in the beta for this game, and I happily paid it. I'd have paid £40 maybe even £50. They asked me for the amount of money they felt they needed from me to finish this game. Now because I feel that freemium mechanics in a paid for game is bull pat (pardon my french) I suddenly don't care about the game!

Surely it's a much better strategy for us, the community, to market the game and get it's name out there to try and attract new patrons, thereby removing the burden of advertising from the shoulders of GL. Obviously this would need to happen after the game is released, in the same time frame that the microtransactions would need to start being added to the game. This would mean they would be able to focus on balance patches and adding actually worthwhile new content than having to constantly keep thinking of new ways to add tinsel to a surprise in order to milk £1.50 out of it's players.

The whole point katmandoo, is that you paid your money for the game. You don't have to do anything else.  But those of us who want the game to last for years to come can continue to fund the game so they can keep their servers running.

I didn't say people who don't buy premium ships don't want the game to last, but I meant people who don't want there to be any premium content at all.

Very well, I will accept it in the game. I will even purchase from it, to prove to you that I do care for the longevity and success of this game. I will only say this: the moment they start selling modified ships that are different in stats in any way to the actual ships they will have stepped onto a very steep, very slippery slope into pay-to-win territory. God willing they stick to releasing cosmetics and minor utilities only á la Path of Exile

Edited by katmandoo

...the moment they start selling modified ships that are different in stats in any way to the actual ships they will have stepped onto a very steep, very slippery slope into pay-to-win territory...

This is very close to a fictitious fear. What active and relevant developer does pay-to-win these days? You can rest assured they won't make better ships and sell them.

Very well, I will accept it in the game. I will even purchase from it, to prove to you that I do care for the longevity and success of this game. I will only say this: the moment they start selling modified ships that are different in stats in any way to the actual ships they will have stepped onto a very steep, very slippery slope into pay-to-win territory. God willing they stick to releasing cosmetics and minor utilities only á la Path of Exile

you will buy acces to the blueprint of said ship you still need to grind the Crew and get the Materials for Building all with ingame Money and your free Time.

and remember it is entirely optional since we have a noumber of 9lb,12lb and 18lb Frigates to choose from and there will be more ships to come ingame.

...you will buy acces to the blueprint of said ship you still need to grind the Crew and get the Materials for Building...

Is this how you wish Game-Labs will sell premium ships? Can you point me to where it is officially stated that is how premium ship sales will work?

Is this how you wish Game-Labs will sell premium ships? Can you point me to where it is officially stated that is how premium ship sales will work?

at the beginning it were just Repaircost after geting sink that you need to have like all other ships but people were complaining with out even reading that you have to repair it for ingame money so they throwed that one over board. give me some time to fish out the last admin post.

yes, and then they complain about colored sails wich we dismissed long time ago and a new person comes in: i dont want colored Sails! *sigh*

or when we told them a number of times that they are meant to be looked at as an gift for donating.

i allready hate when steam launch comes and people would buy X-Prenium Ship and complain that they dont have enogh crew or money to repair it after geting ganked by an Basic Lynx or even when they have to craft it. and then going ahead and put an negativ review on the steamshop side.

• Like 2

i allready hate when steam launch comes and people would buy X-Prenium Ship and complain that they dont have enogh crew or money to repair it after geting ganked by an Basic Lynx or even when they have to craft it. and then going ahead and put an negativ review on the steamshop side.

Exactly, is it impossible to make a sales item that is tempting to buy, easy to understand/use and don't upset the economy (too much)?

What if premium ships were uncapturable? Meaning the guy doing the capturing don't get his prize as a port item, but only gold. Just thinking out loud now. I assume that 95% of online gamers understand and accept the concept of exclusive content in exchange for money.

• 9 months later...

The only reason I have not played yet this game although I am an Alpha backer its because there is no premium ships yet. And yeah forget I will buy premium that I can't own forever, period.

Second so long premiums are NOT BETTER then normal ships there no rational argument to oppose them. The game longevity depends on it. As for a sub model good luck. The day this game has a sub model I will donate my account and be over with it...

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Please avoid generalizing entire nations/groups of people. Thank you.

If the Game prices their ships like Rise of Flight then I'll be handing over cash.... The aircraft are around $5 to $10 a piece... great deal and it will keep cash rolling into the game.

I just ask that the DEV's make paints available give each nation a unique look.... Then I buy paints also...

JUST DON"T COLOR OR CUSTOMIZE SAILS... IT WILL BE CHEEZY AND CHEAP

Edited by Harley Davidson

Yeah. I remember Admin mentioned it months ago. Same performance, unique look. Some people want to sail their favorite ships and will pay $ for it. For example I want to sail Barfleur and will pay extra for it to see it in game. Let's say some people will collect ships.

Rfyu37g.jpg?1

id pay extra to sail the prince tbh

If this really happens I am out and done with this game. Where is the point in paying 30-40 bucks and you still have to pay for small ingame stuffs/gadgets/ships? What's next? Premium perks? Premium upgrades? Premium stuff is what kills games like this. You can add premium into f2p games but they always kill the game and the balance.

And I don't think many people would buy premium ships when other ships are better. Like WoWS premium ships they said are not that good but when you face a 20 torp broadside of a Kitakami you realize: they are better.

And WT turned also into pay2win (camo on tanks for example).

So please no premium stuff. If you want to earn extra money what about the good ol add ons for money? A big big content for money? WoW seems to be the only game with this old policy.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway

Yacht was not a premium to pay if I am right. And it's a difference between having a yacht for premium or add many more things. I still don't care about this but if I see players with ships, perks or wahtever you can only get if you pay for it when I already paid 30-40 bucks for an alpha!!! I am done. Finished. And under such circumstances I simply can't and I am not going to recommend a game like this.

Relax, there are no pay-to-win content (nor plan of it to my knowing) , any premium content to this point comes for rewards.  

Personally would be ok with cosmetic payed content , for no other reason than continued cash flow gives devs resources and reasons to improve and maintain the game alive.

In fact I maybe be one of the few who support monthly fee games (warcraft, eve..) and payed expansions strategies (GW,elite) for that same reasons.

If the Dreadnought approach of cosmetics is used in a similar fashion I would definitely support it. Finally a game which has weathering modeled on and looks absolutely great.

Still, being a old fart, I tremendously dislike the F2P models. Rather pay up front and support DLCs/Expansions even if only cosmetic packs.

• Like 1

Extremely important, that there is no payment for extra strong ships. As long as you only pay for additional "skins" it's overall fine. And it contributes to the game and its further development. Just say what I have to pay to get the "Bloody Hermione" as Redeemable. ;-)