Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

Question 1: Is there a set date for map reset?

Question 2: Is the pirate faction going to be reworked? This current system of pseudo-nation with less advantages is quite suck.

Question 3: Besides Camp Du Roy, what other Freetowns are being changed?

1) assuming you mean when the "last visited" date is removed and trade goods list destroyed, not that I'm aware of.

2) they don't need a buff -- if anything, they need a nerf. Have you seen Haiti? The idea that pirates own more ports than anyone but Great Britain is laughable, if it weren't actually the case.

it would be nice if they opened up the purchase of fleets to those that didn't know you couldn't buy them after the low level.. I have limited time to play and I dont always get on when my squadron mates are. I could really on reinforcements to help me when I move ships and traders...I never knew there was a level limit on the fleet option. can this be removed so I can purchase some cutters ect to sail with me now. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you ever plan on adding more premium ships will they be limited to the 1680-1820 timeline as well? Would that make Galleons an impossible addition?

There is no final decision about premium ships content yet.

Will the resources produced in the towns experiment a change in the wipe? I mean wich resource, not how much that resource is produced.

We are not satisfied with the current resource system, it will be changed in the future

Hi Devs,

Apologies if this has been asked but cannot find any details of it so i fire away.

I am wondering if you have plans to make the damage modelling more detailed. 

I mean mainly sails, rigging and masts. 

Shooting away yards, main rigging parts and the like would be pure awesomeness

Also it would be awesome to have stun-sails and the ability to" carry away" some of our sails in different wind conditions if set. Even if in some sort of simplified way. A little more detailed sail management it would be yes, but it would add an incredible degree of joy to chases. 

• Like 1

Yo, when you break down a ship do you only get the "blue print" for that exact ship or can you drop any other ships "blue print" that that one ship leads off too?

For example if i break down the Frigate would I be able to drop the Essex or Ingermanland BP?

What plans do you have for the middle future? Im asking for the levels and the ships. In not so much time many people in all servers will be level 8-9-10 and tje battles will became a continous santisima-victory-pavel-future ship and maybe some constitutions.

Hi Devs,

Apologies if this has been asked but cannot find any details of it so i fire away.

I am wondering if you have plans to make the damage modelling more detailed. 

I mean mainly sails, rigging and masts. 

Shooting away yards, main rigging parts and the like would be pure awesomeness

Also it would be awesome to have stun-sails and the ability to" carry away" some of our sails in different wind conditions if set. Even if in some sort of simplified way. A little more detailed sail management it would be yes, but it would add an incredible degree of joy to chases.

At the moment this is not in the priority list

For example if i break down the Frigate would I be able to drop the Essex or Ingermanland BP?

No

What plans do you have for the middle future? Im asking for the levels and the ships. In not so much time many people in all servers will be level 8-9-10 and tje battles will became a continous santisima-victory-pavel-future ship and maybe some constitutions.

Captain, check Player-selected ships 2015 - Final poll

Will captains be allowed to paint and name their ships in the future?

Possibility of those options will be considered at the later stages, at the moment there are other more important priorities
  • Like 1

Will the weather be the same in OW and battle instances? It is quite strange to have a heavy storm in OW but a calm sunny sea in the instance. Or is this fixed already?

Will there be a totally calm sea too? I mean no wind ... boats out that drag the ship by pure row power? (A smaller vessel might then escape the faster trinco, for example).

Will there be a totally calm sea too? I mean no wind ... boats out that drag the ship by pure row power? (A smaller vessel might then escape the faster trinco, for example).

Getting becalmed? That would really suck to play. 

All hail for the developers!

The last patches going to the right way imo. Wanna ask if any part of my wishlist will happen in the future.

I will let u know my priority list:

0.1. Change back to the old repair system! They players always vote on that less battle repair is better. i think because we dont want to go for an arcade stylish game. U always try to get in more and more repair periodically. The old style is much better with no recreation of masts in close combat, what is a joke in a game type like this. Appart from this the close combat is awesome for me. By the way battles should start with guns loaded, if we go into battle without gun loaded like going into wedding bed without a di... (sorry).

1. Make diplomacy. Status/status change request between nations should be about nations poll/daily routine. Nations status should be in 3 type of relations with each other: peace, war, alliance). Peace should mean no town engagement on each other, but can engage on OS. Alliance should mean if somebody attack on OS on an alliance ship, he became pirate. Make a national status window on strategic map.

2. Make underdog status. 1 or 2 weakest nation should get that if they are under a certain number of ports, or with another regulation (less player, most attacker on them, and so one as u wish). Underdog nation should be peace with all other nation if they get the status. They should able to attack any nation with the loosing of thier status at least for 1 week.

3. Make possible 1 national main fleet attack for 1 million gold/week/nation. Make a counter on startegic map, when each nation can launch that. National main fleet attack should be the high end content in this game, make the diplomacy far more exciting. The main fleet attack should be purchased in Capital Towns, and happens 24 hour after purchising the flag. It can be deployed for any enemy status city on the map (so have to be war with the owner nation), but can not be deployed on underdog nation. 30 minutes before the battle beggins main fleet attack battle should appear on mission list, and from that nation everybody should join from every port, highest BR can get in with the attack starter (who bought the main fleet attack flag) selecton. For that 30 min the targeted city owner should has that battle join window too. The battle should be on open sea, with even wind with a small luck direction change. If attacker wins, they get the targeted city, and the ships which last to the end of the battle should be deployed in the new conquered city, or the starter city either depending of captains choice. Only 1 national main fleet attack can be deployed on the strategic map within 2 hours avoid the paralell attacks, and the server crush :).

5. Make the crafting more exciting, diversified. I think every crafter should make only basic ship from every type. After crafting some (1-3-7) should get the certificate to make 1 level higher ship. The certificate price should be rise exponentially with ship lvl and with ship type (rate). Like for Santissima except certificate should be like 1 millon gold total, for Mercury should be like 2-300K. this system and the National attack should make new goals for players.

6. Make larger unified servers.

7. Make the possibility of paint ships, sell for money.

8. Make a better interface.

• Like 1

I don't recall hearing about any upcoming changes to the repair system, but that doesn't necessarily mean there won't be any.

Diplomacy/war & peace mechanics/etc. are obviously a big demand from the playerbase right now. The developers started a poll in the Suggestions board on development priorities, and the last time I looked, diplomacy/etc. was the most voted-for option by quite a number of votes. Not only that, but IIRC (If I Remember Correctly) the devs have made mention of working on such a system. All in all, I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the devs' priorities right now, now that land in battles has been implemented.

There has been mention of a server merge happening: IIRC Admin said or implied that it would happen eventually. 

About ship customization: it's being worked on: Scroll up this page a bit until you find my last post: I quoted a post by one of the staff, who said that that was in development.

It's been said many times that the current UI is only a placeholder, and that it'll be replaced once more of the game's main features are implemented. 

Edited by Arvenski

will be there more content for last rank captains? so that they get not annoying of the game?

Well, there's another 1st rate in development (the French 118-gun Ocean-class), so that's something...

Well, there's another 1st rate in development (the French 118-gun Ocean-class), so that's something...

and what we Shell do with that , what we didnt make with a santissima or Victory,too?  With more Content i mean, new Orders or Missions or something like  that. Real new Task for Endcontent.