Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

Details are still sketchy. 

It sounds like if you want to be a pure loner pirate, you're going to be kill on site for everyone and your account will be locked out for a brief period after you're caught.

On the other hand, it sounds like they're planning on players being able to form their own nations which can then prey on other nations - more of a privateer status than the traditional pirate.

Piracy in that time was extremely rare, and most pirates had an extremely short career before they found themselves hanging in a gibbet on Portsmouth Head.  NA sounds like they're trying to prevent the more modern "Everyone's a Pirate!!! YARR!!!!" meme that has held sway in most games of this period over the last 10 years.

hey i got an question to

i am one of the early alpha sea trail testers i see manny of the potbs players asking for sails flags bla bla bla but.

I do not care about any of that it is not historicly active. i understand manny want maybe an flag but sails are bit to mutch i woul say.

My question is: Will the dutch take part in this i have been providing some models and we where defently one of the big sea powers of these days.

i so i gladly help out and provide help whit pictures ill be willing to go to our museum for the models and everything.

my second question is can we loot the enemy ship from theyr spices and things when theyr trade fleets return and do we pay our ships treu those ways treu selling spices ivory and those things?

Alpha is awsome great job guys

• Like 1

Hello to all,

I just saw the pre-alpha gameplay in a youtube video and like the idea of this game a lot since I try to play everything about sailing (e.g. Port Royale)

So I am asking myself if there are any plans for other plattform releases than just PC.

I would love to play this on PS4.

Thanks for answers.

Ahoy.

Hello to all,

I just saw the pre-alpha gameplay in a youtube video and like the idea of this game a lot since I try to play everything about sailing (e.g. Port Royale)

So I am asking myself if there are any plans for other plattform releases than just PC.

I would love to play this on PS4.

Thanks for answers.

Ahoy.

let the game reach its potential first before considering other platforms otherwise artificial limitations will be pit over the devs heads

• Like 2

Do you have any timeline for your development? I'm not asking about exact date, but something like "open world will launch on the first quarter of 2015" or something like that. I'm also curious when are you expecting the launch of, let's say, "full" game.

Aaaand another question. Are we going to have our avatars in the game at some point? I mean a character that we can walk with, interact with surroundings and so on. I hope we are not going to be represented by owned vessels only.

When fighting in the PVP battles with friends and one enemy is running around. I've died quite often to just too much dmg and slowly drowning. Will there be any options where a player even with heavy dmg will have the option to strike his colors? In a way cant fire or do anything and can't be undone. Allowing if fighting with friends I may get the chance to strike my colors and save my dmged ship if my friends can drive off the last pesky ship?

I'm not asking about exact date, but something like "open world will launch on the first quarter of 2015" or something like that.

Yeah I am especially curious about this. I have been trying to find anything related to open world and when we might be able to expect it? I am really excited for it and am willing to suffer through prototype versions of it  ;)

• Like 1

Hi all

quick questions that came up in the last days (sorry if answered already, didnt read all of the 23 pages)

1. being damaged and using hull repairs -do repairs in survival mode give us more hull back than e.g. in gunnery mode?
  2. when heavily damaged and water keeps filling the ship - does it increase the pump effort when I stop the ship (0 knots)
  3. the normal guns (not carronades) do more damage the closer we are with the enemy (=included in game mechanics?)?

many thanks ^_^

1:

survival speeds things up. They do not increase the final outcome.

2:

The water flowing into your ship is determined by different factors:

heel: how many holes are under water. Speed: more preassure on the hull, more water into your ship

3:

Damage is a fix value. Depends on the cannontype/-size and shot used.

Penetration would be the right question to ask: wheater or not the penetration potential is increased with shorter ranges.

And I think noone can answer this question reliable :P

But I think righ now there is no penalty to long range fighting.

I am NOT sure about this!

• Like 1