Game-Labs Forum

How much time is left for the open world?

A TDA person who got a key this weekend (Jeremiah O'Brien) said that in the email he received it said 30-45 days for OW. 

BBrown, when i got my steam key last friday, it was stated in the email that the open world testing stage should begin in "30-45 days."

Emphasis on "should." It is a dev estimate afterall and we all know how those go. :)

But I think we can all feel in the wind that it is getting very close.

Edited by Prater

I was speaking to a member of Game-Labs this morning in the lobby, and he/she said that Damage 4.0 will not be rolled out into the Sea Trials. They're doing this for reasons of comparison between the two damage systems.

So damage 4.0 will only be part of OW.

This is correct, admin has also mentioned that the damage model 4.0 will not be merged into the Sea Trials (battle arena). Having two damage models active at once makes it easier to compare the two.

~Brigand

• Like 2

A TDA person who got a key this weekend (Jeremiah O'Brien) said that in the email he received it said 30-45 days for OW. 

BBrown, when i got my steam key last friday, it was stated in the email that the open world testing stage should begin in "30-45 days."

Emphasis on "should." It is a dev estimate afterall and we all know how those go. :)

But I think we can all feel in the wind that it is getting very close.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

I am really interested in the new ships they are supposed to have out by the end of Spring.  As I reckon, we have about 35 days left of Spring so I am antsy to have something new to goof off with soon.

Just remember that timelines are fluid and should not be considered promises.  While the goal is to have certain content out by the end of Spring, you shouldn't count on that being the case for sure as problems with development, unexpected challenges, etc. may delay release.

"Some ships might get delayed by storms." - the blog on the Naval Action website. 

Also, the offical first day of spring (spring equinox) was only 6 days ago, so I wouldn't say we were anywhere near the end of spring. :P

Edited by Arvenski