Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.5 Feedback<<<(Update 9 Final RC)

Dear Admirals, 

The upcoming next major update of Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts is now available for you to play and test it.

============================================================================================

Please read about the content of v1.5 Beta:
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1069660/announcements/detail/4142819632289064791 

Installation Instructions:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/1069660/discussions/3/3191362449922656706/ 

============================================================================================

We hope you will like the new content and improvements!

The Game-Labs Team

---===---

Update 2
- Quick fix of a few Italian models which had wrong barrel number.
- Quick fix of a new British gun model which had 1 barrel instead of 4 barrels.

Update 3
- Auto-Design optimizations. Campaign turns and Campaign Generation should be much faster now.
- Improved New Italian towers to be able to host bigger guns as requested (this change will break your saves unfortunately if the related ships were used. They have to be redesigned).
- British guns improvements according to feedback - Dido style guns preserved for calibers 5-inch and lower.
- Ship acceleration mechanics optimizations, addressing issues where the ships could accelerate too fast and negate the effects of low funnel efficiency.
- Fixed accidental torpedo launches towards friendlies when the enemy was far away in the direction of the friendlies.
- Quick fix for problematic screen/scout divisions' behavior not heading towards the enemy as they should.
- Fixed a minor problem of a new Russian "Imported Tower x"  which made its mount unusable.
- Added tooltip for the campaign political action “Cancel Alliance" that explains why it can be disabled.
- Other minor improvements.

Update 4
- Japanese "Modern Heavy Cruiser V" has been improved/finalized. This change will affect any save that includes this hull.

Update 5
3x new hulls:
- [b]Japanese “Modernized Battlecruiser”'[/b] offers not the fastest hulls for a battlecruiser but focuses more on resilience and number of secondary guns. It can be found in the battlecruiser hulls from 1929 and has a displacement between 42,500 and 57,500 tons.
- [b]Japanese “Modernized Dreadnought IV”'[/b] is another battleship alternative for the nation which is very resilient and a stabile gun platform but rather slow. It can be found in the battleship hulls from 1927 and has a displacement between 42,000 and 69,500 tons.
- [b]Japanese “Modern Battlecruiser II”'[/b] offers designs of versatile, very fast and powerful battlecruisers which though have not much resilience. It can be found in the battlecruiser hulls from 1935 and has a displacement between 38,500 and 54,000 tons.

- Fixed potential freeze bug, of auto-design, which could cause delay or even total stall of loading.
- Improvements and edits on various hulls. Most probably saves of tech years over 1920 will be affected and should be checked for invalid designs. It is advised to restart a campaign if you notice problems.

Update 6
- Important optimizations for the new improved auto-design and collider system. It should be faster and more effective than ever before. Maybe some minor changes on parts could happen on your designs, with rare probability, but the changes should create more consistent fire arcs.
- Fixed minor issues of USA "Small Battleship" of the 1890s which in some cases could have guns overlapping with towers (saves that include this hull, will be affected).

Update 7
- Further auto-design optimizations, making loading even faster.
- [b]*SPECIAL*[/b] Added mini-map window on the campaign world map so that browsing the map is easier and faster, especially when you want to send ships from one side of the map to the other one.
- Finalized the new screen/scout formations behavior.
- Fixed a rare bug of this patch work that could cause freeze when loading, during auto-design, requiring the game to restart.
- Various fine tunings.

Update 8
- Accuracy balances and optimizations of the logic, increasing fps. Note for modders: The parameters “acc_mod_vs_tiny_ship”  and “acc_mod_vs_huge_ship” are no longer in use, as the system uses different internal formulas. 
- Slight penetration adjustment. The average amount of penetration power needed to actually penetrate a specific armor width has been decreased (coefficient reduced from 0.25 to 0.2). This results in more impactful shell hits and an overall even more realistic damage model, not having an overpowered effect of armor.
- Research has been balanced according to the latest feedback.
- Battle AI will desire to withdraw when overwhelmed or when it is heavily damaged, with more probability.

Update 9
- Fixed critical bug that could cause freeze of loading or complete pause of auto-design.
- Fine tuned the new updated ship stability mechanics, so that the engine weight stabilizes more the ship.
- Fine tuning of auto-design.
- Shell ballistics tuning.

**This update is considered a final release candidate. The v1.5 is scheduled to be fully release during Saturday 9/3/2024**
Please restart Steam to get the latest update fast

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Rebalanced base accuracy of big guns and improved the mechanics so that the final applied accuracy does not reach insanely high numbers when range is found but is closer to the inherited base accuracy of the gun. These changes also fix the issue of having overpowered medium guns of caliber 15-inch or lower and very underpowered larger guns due their previous very inconsistent accuracy and low fire rate.

THANK GOD...and the devs!

Only played a couple of quick start random custom battles so far but the new aiming mechanic is fantastically good, makes fighting at different ranges & tactics much more impactful.

The new button that disables the division leader automatically falling to the back of the line is also a fantastic addition - superb work from you & the team!

Looking forward to trying out the new hulls :)

• Like 5

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.5 Feedback<<<(Update 2)

7FKeTWC.jpeg

look how they massacred my boy...

on a more serious note, ships that have larger primary and secondary batteries with autoloaders seem to have very large pitches and rolls, even if the batteries are clustered toward the center. 

• Like 2

Thank you for your work,but please replace the British cruiser below 5inch barrels with the before one.This is inconsistent with history. To be honest, ship from all countries have this problem.The solution is to make barrel type different which have same inch. you make the model,pl implement it as soon as possible🫡

Hello.

Interesting update. Just a quick thing:

The towers used for the Italian Small Modernised Dreadnought do not allow the use of same year 12 inch guns (the model clips even with the largest tower) hence making it impossible to recreate the Giulio Cesare (10 12.6inch guns in the refit, so the towers should have an even longer barbette to allow the large italian towers to turn).

Hello, this is good update!

But I'm thinking, that USA and France also need new BC hulls in 1916-1929. Because they have only “Battlecruiser III”, which is obsolete for battles in 1920s. 

Edited by SeaAlex_175

When:  Hovering over design or design is selected to show profile on the left

Request:  Show the design's range.

Reason:  Especially in campaigns where I have many designs, I can often forget the design's range and will need to go into the Shipyard (where the ships are designed) to see which each design range is.  This is also true for any campaign that uses auto-generated ships.  Having this listed on the ship design screen will take two loading screens out of the player trying to find out how far their ships can go effectively.

• Like 2

One quality of life feature I would love is to be able to see the total and currently used shipyard capacity on the right hand info panel in the map tab/view. It is great we have this information on the finance screen but when a minor ally asks if I want to build a ship for them I really want to know if I can do that without going over capacity but cannot as I can't click into the finance tab when I get the popup. Personally I'd find this much more useful information than the max size ship I can build (if it is an either/or situation).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, brothermunro said:

One quality of life feature I would love is to be able to see the total and currently used shipyard capacity on the right hand info panel in the map tab/view. It is great we have this information on the finance screen but when a minor ally asks if I want to build a ship for them I really want to know if I can do that without going over capacity but cannot as I can't click into the finance tab when I get the popup. Personally I'd find this much more useful information than the max size ship I can build (if it is an either/or situation).

Seems like this is now included in the pop up during the campaign.  However, it only accounts for the class of the ship and not the total tonnage including the requested ships.

For example, entirety of the text from the popup:

Colombia would like to order 3x of Washington Refit-class Heavy Cruiser.
They will pay +25% in advance ($13,676,050) and the rest of the amount will be paid upon delivery (after 11 Months), providing a total profit of +109% ($100,778,200).
Shipbuilding Capacity: 111,396 t / 166,505 t (+6,000 t).
Would you agree?

Double checking after denying the builds, I confirmed that my shipyards were already building 111,396 t of ship.  If the pop-up would have said +18,000 t instead of 6,000 t, it would be more accurate.

So I think the feature is about 90% of the way there.

• Like 5

Was war economy tweaked again? And only the lead ship in the battlegroup fires on the target. Following ships either do not fire or have 0% hit probability all the time.

Edited by Zuikaku

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.5 Feedback<<<(Update 3)

Update 3
- Auto-Design optimizations. Campaign turns and Campaign Generation should be much faster now.
- Improved New Italian towers to be able to host bigger guns as requested (this change will break your saves unfortunately if the related ships were used. They have to be redesigned).
- British guns improvements according to feedback - Dido style guns preserved for calibers 5-inch and lower.
- Ship acceleration mechanics optimizations, addressing issues where the ships could accelerate too fast and negate the effects of low funnel efficiency.
- Fixed accidental torpedo launches towards friendlies when the enemy was far away in the direction of the friendlies.
- Quick fix for problematic screen/scout divisions' behavior not heading towards the enemy as they should.
- Fixed a minor problem of a new Russian "Imported Tower x"  which made its mount unusable.
- Added tooltip for the campaign political action “Cancel Alliance" that explains why it can be disabled.
- Other minor improvements.

Please restart Steam to get the latest update fast

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Really important fix. Every time this happened I caught it only after my battle line had already been hit. It was bad enough that I basically gave up on torpedoes entirely, so it's a big deal.

I've got a minor QOL issue with one of the towers on the new Italian CL hulls. The Minimal Tower(Enhanced) attached barbette placement anchor is too far forward, resulting in a gun barbette that overhangs the edge of the tower. This was tested using the new six-inch Italian gun model on both the Large Fast Cruiser and Advanced Fast Cruiser hulls, both of which have the same tower option.

Screenshot (4848-2).png

Screenshot (4849-2).png

Please get rid of the new mark 3 gun models on US ships at least for the 16-inch guns. It takes away the option to build a Iowa/Montana class battleship and the Alaska class. In my opinion they do not fit the ship they're just square. I think they are a great model for cruisers say up to 10 inch. You guys have broken my heart with these things the 14's, 17+ look great image.thumb.jpeg.0b62118e228f98583c7ceff7796390d8.jpeg

The Previous gun Model resembled US 16 inch turrets much closer than what the new models do 20240303120032_1.thumb.jpg.f708fc67b77447624d5298e0452e23b3.jpgMontana-class.thumb.jpg.e1ca2a0c064f36fd635086bfe2f2ce0a.jpg

Edited by 98Ranger
More evidence
  • Sad 1

Japanese "Modern Heavy Cruiser V" is supposed to be used to build ships similar to the Atago/Takao class, but the bow is too short to fit 3 twin 203mm turrets, both when using the Atago configuration and the Mogami one. Increasing the displacement doesn't lengthen the bow, only the upper deck that fits the superstructure.

Immagine.png

Immagine1.png

• Like 1