Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.5 Feedback<<<(Update 9 Final RC)

40 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Are you having modified files or are you using any old save?

image.png

This is how the guns look in their max. length caliber and their rotation is different. They do not have any problems getting stuck or rotating through the hull.

If you use a mod, then please report only on the mod thread, not here or within the game interface, because we lose time checking such things.

This is on the auto updating steam Installion, that overwrote any mods in the folder when i opted into the beta, I doubt there will be any 1.5 mods until after a full release.

I'll do a fresh reinstall and check again tomarrow, but this was the behavior on the up to date beta version.

More hulls are always appreciated of course. If the devs do fancy a new detailed hull I’d humbly suggest the HMS Vanguard as it could serve as an end game modern battleship for the British but with resizing could also be a super battleship, Battlecruiser or even heavy cruiser hull. Wouldn’t look out of place in the Spanish fleet either! And for the modeller there’s a ton of high quality reference drawings and pictures 

Edited by brothermunro
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, brothermunro said:

More hulls are always appreciated of course. If the devs do fancy a new detailed hull I’d humbly suggest the HMS Vanguard as it could serve as an end game modern battleship for the British but with resizing could also be a super battleship, Battlecruiser or even heavy cruiser hull. Wouldn’t look out of place in the Spanish fleet either! And for the modeller there’s a ton of high quality reference drawings and pictures 

It would be cool seeing a royal navy ship with the transom stern

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.5 Feedback<<<(Update 7 RC)

Update 7
- Further auto-design optimizations, making loading even faster.
- [b]*SPECIAL*[/b] Added mini-map window on the campaign world map so that browsing the map is easier and faster, especially when you want to send ships from one side of the map to the other one.
- Finalized the new screen/scout formations behavior.
- Fixed a rare bug of this patch work that could cause freeze when loading, during auto-design, requiring the game to restart.
- Various fine tunings.
**This update is considered a release candidate. The v1.5 may fully release if all is ok.**
Please restart Steam to get the latest update fast

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

56 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Update 7
- [b]*SPECIAL*[/b] Added mini-map window on the campaign world map so that browsing the map is easier and faster, especially when you want to send ships from one side of the map to the other one.
- Fixed a rare bug of this patch work that could cause freeze when loading, during auto-design, requiring the game to restart.
- Various fine tunings.
**This update is considered a release candidate. The v1.5 may fully release if all is ok.**

FINALLY!!!!!

The community has been waiting for the mini map. The days of scrolling across the screen to are over.

Thanks Devs

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Update 7
- Various fine tunings.

still can't begin campaign 1940.what should i do?

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Update 7

**** yes! Big, big thank you for these two!

39 minutes ago, SMS said:

still can't begin campaign 1940.what should i do?

Completely uninstall the game.    Manually go into the game folders and delete anything that remains.   I had this problem in the 1.4 beta and that was the solution that fixed my issues (some of the files were not up to date but Steam wasn't seeing it I GUESS)

Re install the game and be certain *NOT* to install any mods (this is a beta test and things are changing fast best to not add variables)

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Completely uninstall the game.    Manually go into the game folders and delete anything that remains.   I had this problem in the 1.4 beta and that was the solution that fixed my issues (some of the files were not up to date but Steam wasn't seeing it I GUESS)

Re install the game and be certain *NOT* to install any mods (this is a beta test and things are changing fast best to not add variables)

Just a quick addition to this - if you right-click the game in Steam, under Properties -> Installed Files, you have the option to "Verify the Integrity of Game Files".

Try that first. It cuts down on your download size and is a fair bit quicker. If that doesn't work, do what Pappystein said.

Edited by killjoy1941

I can say that the mini-map works flawlessly for me. No crashes, no weird camera changes - zoom, expansion, and drag function as they should.

Edit: Playing as China, so it helps quite a bit.

Edited by killjoy1941

6 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Update 7

Great news!

And again, I must congratulate your 3D art designer. The new hulls and ship parts are very well done.☺️

• Like 2

Nick Thomadis
This post was recognized by Nick Thomadis!

"Thank you for the continuous support!"

o Barão was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 100 points.

@Nick Thomadis

From the english file

$technology_desc_hull_destroyer_4;technology_desc_projectile_explosive_10

and again

$LoadingScreens_Text_92;*Ding Ruchang* (November 18, $technology_desc_hull_destroyer_4;technology_desc_projectile_explosive_101836 - February 12, 1895) was a Chinese admiral who commanded the Chinese Fleet during the Sino-Japanese War of 1894-1895. He was defeated at the critical battle of Yalu River, where he lost 5 out of his 10 ships and was injured due to an accidental misfire of his own ship.

This is not an error?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

@Nick Thomadis

From the english file

$technology_desc_hull_destroyer_4;technology_desc_projectile_explosive_10

and again

$LoadingScreens_Text_92;*Ding Ruchang* (November 18, $technology_desc_hull_destroyer_4;technology_desc_projectile_explosive_101836 - February 12, 1895) was a Chinese admiral who commanded the Chinese Fleet during the Sino-Japanese War of 1894-1895. He was defeated at the critical battle of Yalu River, where he lost 5 out of his 10 ships and was injured due to an accidental misfire of his own ship.

This is not an error?

Thanks! It seems it was something old, now will be fixed. Only one error "technology_desc_projectile_explosive_10"  found. I cannot understand what is the other one you report.

• Like 1

division_attack_offset,890,preferable offset forward of target to attempt an attack route. Can be also negative.,,,,,,,

divisions_space,2250,Minimum distance between divisions on the same axis,,,,,,,

4I2Kt9j.jpeg

Very interesting this two new parameters. Thanks.

If possible, consider to implement:

• approach_clamp_torpedoes per ship type (TB, DD, CL, etc...) So it is possible to make small ships very aggressive in their approach if armed with torpedoes, but without affecting capital ships if also armed with torpedoes.
  • Implement a mechanic to force an AI ship with 50% hp hull or less (or something like that), to detach from the division and use the retreat command. To try to survive and fight another day.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, o Barão said:

division_attack_offset,890,preferable offset forward of target to attempt an attack route. Can be also negative.,,,,,,,

divisions_space,2250,Minimum distance between divisions on the same axis,,,,,,,

4I2Kt9j.jpeg

Very interesting this two new parameters. Thanks.

If possible, consider to implement:

• approach_clamp_torpedoes per ship type (TB, DD, CL, etc...) So it is possible to make small ships very aggressive in their approach if armed with torpedoes, but without affecting capital ships if also armed with torpedoes.
  • Implement a mechanic to force an AI ship with 50% hp hull or less (or something like that), to detach from the division and use the retreat command. To try to survive and fight another day.

It was considered but many extra calculation calls for the AI would actually decrease a lot the combat fps. So we have to compromise. 

The AI already has a logic to retreat when damaged but many players cry that the AI runs when it tries to play as a human.

EDIT:

We will increase the thresholds and we will see how it goes.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.5 Feedback<<<(Update 8 RC)

Update 8
- Accuracy balances and optimizations of the logic, increasing fps. Note for modders: The parameters “acc_mod_vs_tiny_ship”  and “acc_mod_vs_huge_ship” are no longer in use, as the system uses different internal formulas. 
- Slight penetration adjustment. The average amount of penetration power needed to actually penetrate a specific armor width has been decreased (coefficient reduced from 0.25 to 0.2). This results in more impactful shell hits and an overall even more realistic damage model, not having an overpowered effect of armor.
- Research has been balanced according to the latest feedback.
- Battle AI will desire to withdraw when overwhelmed or when it is heavily damaged, with more probability.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I notised this funny thing: In the Atlanta-style superstructures with integrated barbettes, turrets float slightly above the barbette. While this has no effect on actual gameplay, it looks quite wonky. This happens with every hull that has these superstructures with every gun I tried.Nyttkuva2024-03-08201127.thumb.png.3b25f74e06f3dd4809f3e1a2e98ef5f5.png

Same thing happens with barbettes "Dual Barbette for Medium Guns I & II".Nyttkuva2024-03-08202429.png.61a1c3cc4acc521da5a31f777d269993.png

I understand this is propably least of everyones wories, but I would apriciate if you could fix this minor issue at some point.

• Like 1

An amazing update so far. The one thing I would still like to see changed is the previously mentioned US 16-inch guns. Those should be either Colorado Style or NC/SD/Iowa style. Having them be the US 203mm turret design feels very off and ahistorical.

30 minutes ago, casperwieik said:

An amazing update so far. The one thing I would still like to see changed is the previously mentioned US 16-inch guns. Those should be either Colorado Style or NC/SD/Iowa style. Having them be the US 203mm turret design feels very off and ahistorical.

Agreed. Please fix the US gun models.