Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.5 Feedback<<<(Update 9 Final RC)

8 hours ago, StrikerDanger said:

I've got a minor QOL issue with one of the towers on the new Italian CL hulls. The Minimal Tower(Enhanced) attached barbette placement anchor is too far forward, resulting in a gun barbette that overhangs the edge of the tower. This was tested using the new six-inch Italian gun model on both the Large Fast Cruiser and Advanced Fast Cruiser hulls, both of which have the same tower option.

Same issue on the rear "barbette" of the USA Dreadnaught II hull.  Seems there is 3 anchor points for a main gun where there used to be only one going off memory.

0X3vURA.png

Austria-Hungary Belted Cruiser 1890.   Stacks are HUGE compared to other cruisers of he same size around the world.  And nodes do not allow for 2nd Tower of ANY size unless at the far forward position, eliminating many gun options.    Mk2 4" Guns are SO HUGE as this seven gun version becomes a two gun version when unlocked.

0SbkHTQ.png

Same basic Hull a few years later... as you can see 3x 4.5" vs 7x in the Mk1 version.   Each Mk2 4" weapon in Austria Hungary is aproximately 5x the size of the weapon it replaced.  (lets not talk about how HUGE 9" turrets are)

HYASVQg.png

Battleship Hull II for Austria-Hungary may be the tallest Battleship hull per ton in the game?   Might need a Z-Axis (height) debuff

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.5 Feedback<<<(Update 4)

I was wandering if the funnels "Protected Funnel" and "Protected Combat Funnel" have their 3D models mixed? Thats because the first ones provide bonus to communications and aiming, but the second ones have the physical antennas and the rangefinders.

5 hours ago, HMS Implosive said:

I was wandering if the funnels "Protected Funnel" and "Protected Combat Funnel" have their 3D models mixed? Thats because the first ones provide bonus to communications and aiming, but the second ones have the physical antennas and the rangefinders.

What country and what hull.    Need to provide detailed information because ther eare a lot of ship parts with the same name that are significantly different form one country or hull (or combo) to the next.

6 hours ago, Pappystein said:

What country and what hull.    Need to provide detailed information because ther eare a lot of ship parts with the same name that are significantly different form one country or hull (or combo) to the next.

That's atleast on the Austrian hulls "Advanced Small Battleship", "Advanced Armored Cruiser" and "Advanced Compact Cruiser".

Can you separate  turret model type from the  gun type, allowing players to choose. This can solve many problems. For example, if you want to make the Abruzzi, this kind of turret will be more realistic.  I hope this suggestion will be seriously considered🥰@AQODP5UYY1X97ZZ88V(1).png.c752ed93a934a4912a41caa4a7660573.png1280x720_02_cruiser_garibaldi_class_abruzzi_09b6c5320e83e7b7dcae2ae2c75b0e8b.thumb.jpg.0b22ab4738312fd2b433f037113c392b.jpg

• Like 1

Hi. Just wanted to share two suggestions. One of them based on a feature I've noticed in the building phase that seems to be inconsistent. 

It usually happens when I place a couple of guns on a ship, for instance on the bow. Sometimes when I move one of them it turns out both the guns and barbettes are linked together and move in sync. 

I like this feature, but I can't tell what I did to trigger the linking. Would it be possible to make this something easier to control by the user so that you could group certain parts of the ship? It could be a great time saver if you for instance could select the structures and secondary guns you've placed around the main tower and then move all of them together to fine tune the balance. 

Also I'd like to suggest you to update the button for reversing in the battles. As of now it only feature an arrow pointing backwards, and the only clue of it being toggled (apart from the ship stopping and reversing) is the opacity of the button. Would it be possible to create a second button where the arrow points forward and have that be the standard status when you begin the battle? I think this would make it a lot easier to read which of the options is toggled. 

Kind regards and keep up the good job. :)

Markus

Team,

I'm playing American in a campaign starting 1890.  I've identified two issues so far.

1) US Battleship III unable to place main armament no + circles.  I can use the control to place the main guns but they will not center on the ship always canted to one side.

2) Unable to invade areas where I have sea control.  I'm fighting Spain and I have sea control but the Invasion will not highlight, I waited multiple months and even moved to a different island but it still won't highlight.

thanks, it's a fun game.

1 hour ago, cavmattman said:

2) Unable to invade areas where I have sea control.  I'm fighting Spain and I have sea control but the Invasion will not highlight, I waited multiple months and even moved to a different island but it still won't highlight.

Do you have more than 100,000 tons in the region?  If you do not, the naval invasion is never an option against a major power that you are at war with.  Once this requirement is met, under the Politics tab, select Naval Invasion under the nation in question.  This will make the mission pop the next turn.

As for invasions against minor powers or ungoverned territory, the territory in question cannot be allied with you or another major power ( to my knowledge ) and you must have an astronomical amount of luck for a Conquest mission to trigger.

Firstly, I love a lot of the new things in the update, especially the new hulls.

We're still having a few problems with the PC Designs, for example this monstrosity was ceded to me after beating Germany, is it possible to do something like program the AI to try for an ABXY main turret layout with secondaries at the side/superstructure as a standard thing - I think that will lead to a lot more AI ships being somewhat challenging to play against.
image.thumb.jpeg.745813db743b4cb6fadea7509f7d6851.jpeg

I'm also finding AI ships are back to disproportionate torpedo loadouts, so far I've seen German CAs with 12-16 Torpedo tubes on each broadside which just turns each battle into dodge the torpedoes followed by a massive brawl, as I've lost my formation.

I'll add my voice to secondary towers for the N3 Battlecruiser, none of the options really feels like they're a good fit.

With the UK Heavy and Light Cruiser options in the 1920s, could we please have the option for the Main and Secondary Towers to have a single barbette level as the double level takes up a lot of space and most of the time I'd prefer to have 4 main gun turrets.

Also, when I hit "Ctrl" to free place barbettes, they revert to the centreline, and there are some ships where regardless of how wide you make them, the spots along the edge of the hull won't allow any barbette so when I hit Ctrl to place it slightly inboard it goes to dead centre, which is irritating.  I do love the new Barbettes available, especially the single wide round one for secondaries.

I'm only a few years into my campaign, and submarines haven't been over the top, and while I would prefer them to be out of the game, I think you have a good balance so far.

I would like the option for full turrets or open turrets for smaller guns to save space and weight on destroyers/secondaries.

I'm finding the Pitch/Roll mechanics are a bit over the top - Despite my best efforts I'm yet to see a ship with one under 40% on this campaign.

Finally, I'm still feeling the urge to group all my ships into larger taskforces as the moment I put a flotilla of DDs or a small TF lead by a CA or CL out on its own, it will inevitably come up against something that outshoots it, and I can't retreat because the AI DDs are always faster than mine, and the battle starts with my ships being engaged by the BB/BC I'm up against, which then gets a lucky shot in and slows down one of my ships, so I always flee leaving one behind to get sunk.

I do think the N3~I3 series Battlecruiser hull deserves some new rear tower models that resemble the idea of "hey, we gotta put a immense engine on the rear half of the ship, so we gotta need a massive superstructure to fit other things since we don't have rear main turrets."

Plus, a simple quality of life feature, be able to refit foreign ships you acquired after a war. Yeah, I can see the argument of "you don't have the ship's blueprints for that", but like, why don't add something like, the ability to spend 3 or 4 months studying the ship so you can refit it? It would be very, very useful, since AI designs are rarely worth getting since you can't fix their obvious problems.

• Like 3

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.5 Feedback<<<(Update 5)

Update 5
3x new hulls:
- [b]Japanese “Modernized Battlecruiser”'[/b] offers not the fastest hulls for a battlecruiser but focuses more on resilience and number of secondary guns. It can be found in the battlecruiser hulls from 1929 and has a displacement between 42,500 and 57,500 tons.
- [b]Japanese “Modernized Dreadnought IV”'[/b] is another battleship alternative for the nation which is very resilient and a stabile gun platform but rather slow. It can be found in the battleship hulls from 1927 and has a displacement between 42,000 and 69,500 tons.
- [b]Japanese “Modern Battlecruiser II”'[/b] offers designs of versatile, very fast and powerful battlecruisers which though have not much resilience. It can be found in the battlecruiser hulls from 1935 and has a displacement between 38,500 and 54,000 tons.

- Fixed potential freeze bug, of auto-design, which could cause delay or even total stall of loading.
- Improvements and edits on various hulls. Most probably saves of tech years over 1920 will be affected and should be checked for invalid designs. It is advised to restart a campaign if you notice problems.

Please restart Steam to get the latest update fast

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Update 5
3x new hulls:
- [b]Japanese “Modernized Battlecruiser”'[/b] offers not the fastest hulls for a battlecruiser but focuses more on resilience and number of secondary guns. It can be found in the battlecruiser hulls from 1929 and has a displacement between 42,500 and 57,500 tons.
- [b]Japanese “Modernized Dreadnought IV”'[/b] is another battleship alternative for the nation which is very resilient and a stabile gun platform but rather slow. It can be found in the battleship hulls from 1927 and has a displacement between 42,000 and 69,500 tons.
- [b]Japanese “Modern Battlecruiser II”'[/b] offers designs of versatile, very fast and powerful battlecruisers which though have not much resilience. It can be found in the battlecruiser hulls from 1935 and has a displacement between 38,500 and 54,000 tons.

- Fixed potential freeze bug, of auto-design, which could cause delay or even total stall of loading.
- Improvements and edits on various hulls. Most probably saves of tech years over 1920 will be affected and should be checked for invalid designs. It is advised to restart a campaign if you notice problems.

Before and after this update, I noticed my refit times have become 12+ months for my battleships BEFORE any changes were made in the editor. I noticed as soon as i would load into the editor it would automatically display a high number like this.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arkk said:

Before and after this update, I noticed my refit times have become 12+ months for my battleships BEFORE any changes were made in the editor. I noticed as soon as i would load into the editor it would automatically display a high number like this.

I believe it's a change made last patch, so that older ship gets a longer refit time, also preventing refit related exploits.

1 hour ago, ioulaum said:

I believe it's a change made last patch, so that older ship gets a longer refit time, also preventing refit related exploits.

No, I don't think so. I've never seen this before and it's not in the previous patch notes either if it was supposed to be.

too wide tower for Austria advanced compact cruiserIMG-20240305-095013.jpg

I suggest rechecking this model, torpedoes cannot be placed,many models are too wide resulting in too few choices

N3 G3 hull,the last point of tower placed is too front,need recheck

Edited by SMS

10 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Update 5
3x new hulls:

Hi, guys.

Well, maybe new “Modernised Dreadnought IV” is really useful hull… But how about other nations? I’m still thinking, that USA & France need some BC hulls in 1916-1929. Because they have only old “Battlecruiser III”, which obsolete for battles in 1920s. 

I keep getting a weird thing in the Shipbuilder.... for some reasons unknown, there seems to be a spacing issue between 4" guns and barbettes..  While I can generally tuck any other size small gun next to a barbette; 2's, 3', 5's, 6's; the 4" guns require an excessive amount of room before the shipbuilder will allow it.  Too close the barbette, the gun turns red and I get a "shoot" error message.  This problem cropped up for me on the last 1.4 update and i was very much hoping 1.5 would fix this but sadly this seems to not be the case.

Update 6
- Important optimizations for the new improved auto-design and collider system. It should be faster and more effective than ever before. Maybe some minor changes on parts could happen on your designs, with rare probability, but the changes should create more consistent fire arcs.
- Fixed minor issues of USA "Small Battleship" of the 1890s which in some cases could have guns overlapping with towers (saves that include this hull, will be affected).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

was checking out the new modernized dread 1 for Russia and noticed that 8in casemates shrunk when size was increased. 8.0in

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

vs 8.9in

then I saw those forward facing casemates angle inside the ship trying to point at the enemy

3 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

was checking out the new modernized dread 1 for Russia and noticed that 8in casemates shrunk when size was increased. 8.0in

vs 8.9in

then I saw those forward facing casemates angle inside the ship trying to point at the enemy

Are you having modified files or are you using any old save?

image.png

This is how the guns look in their max. length caliber and their rotation is different. They do not have any problems getting stuck or rotating through the hull.

If you use a mod, then please report only on the mod thread, not here or within the game interface, because we lose time checking such things.