Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Final version released]

Nick Thomadis

Good morning,

Do you have an actual date for the planed full release of 1.4? Would be great to know, as I want to do a big AAR in a german forum with the new patch. If I understood correctly it was planned for this week. If this has changed, I would be thankful for a short update. Otherwise I will try to be patient :).

If I start it now in the Beta there will be no carry over in the live version? I know there is still a danger that the save is currupted with changes. But as I understood there are not many further changes planed actually.

Thank you for the work.

• Like 3

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Update 13]

[Update 13]
- Added +13 more hulls, most of them based on your recent requests. No more can be added because the patch must be finalized.
- Various fixes, optimizations in auto-design, part collider logic and hulls. All those changes can affect many of your current designs and make your campaigns break. It is advised to restart campaigns and clean up broken designs to have a fully operational game.
- Fixed bug that made port strike missions against no opponent to not cause port damage.
- Enabled quad main guns for light cruisers after about 1935. Due to tech id changes, the guns may not appear in current saved campaigns or ship designs, you need to clean up.
- Added the ability in several USA and Chinese early guns to have other mounted guns on top of them.
- Fixed a rare bug that made shared ships not usable in custom battles.
- Adjusted hull stabilization factors after recent fixes, improvements on hulls. 
- Dynamic aim factors adjusted to be even more dynamic, following the changes in pitch/roll factors that are more important now according to ship design.

***We did not wipe out saves but it is strongly advised to clean up your saves, after the changes of this patch. If you choose to not do it, please do not report bugs to us.***

Please Restart Steam to get this update fast.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

[Update 13]
- Added +13 more hulls, most of them based on your recent requests. No more can be added because the patch must be finalized.
- Various fixes, optimizations in auto-design, part collider logic and hulls. All those changes can affect many of your current designs and make your campaigns break. It is advised to restart campaigns and clean up broken designs to have a fully operational game.
- Fixed bug that made port strike missions against no opponent to not cause port damage.
- Enabled quad main guns for light cruisers after about 1935. Due to tech id changes, the guns may not appear in current saved campaigns or ship designs, you need to clean up.
- Added the ability in several USA and Chinese early guns to have other mounted guns on top of them.
- Fixed a rare bug that made shared ships not usable in custom battles.
- Adjusted hull stabilization factors after recent fixes, improvements on hulls. 
- Dynamic aim factors adjusted to be even more dynamic, following the changes in pitch/roll factors that are more important now according to ship design.

***We did not wipe out saves but it is strongly advised to clean up your saves, after the changes of this patch. If you choose to not do it, please do not report bugs to us.***

Thank you, now the American Navy is awesome :D

The old bugs on the hulls still persist, despite my in-game reporting and here, and new ones are being added.

image.jpeg.bf606e76aabe8e4edf1acc5a1803bffc.jpeg

Levitating towers.

AI design that looks like the Russians have bypassed gravity.

image.jpeg.7f2f2cbf62240a03809cbccbf7768ea2.jpeg

But on the other hand, thank you very much for the progress the development of the game is taking and please don't take me toxic. This game is unique among other games and I would like something so unique to be of the highest quality.

• Like 7

Shared design does not work in the campaign. I made each country only one BB CA CL TB in 1890 (the next years are empty). AI stubbornly ignores them. At the start of the campaign, Shared design was selected: Always (I tried both Selective and Off). 🤔

3 hours ago, vonPeretz said:

Shared design does not work in the campaign. I made each country only one BB CA CL TB in 1890 (the next years are empty). AI stubbornly ignores them. At the start of the campaign, Shared design was selected: Always (I tried both Selective and Off). 🤔

You made new shared designs after the update 13 or tried to use older?

To all the above, thank you, we will fix the minor the issues.

• Thanks 1

Population growth 2

French legendary 1890 campaign (which I am deleting now). This screenshot shows the state of the world after 40 years in the game, in 1930.

40.png

And this is the starting 1890 situation (just look at France and the US population)

41.png

If we are talking about a purely historical situation, my France even fits in relatively well with it. However, this does not fit into the game situation. You will not get the same population when playing since 1890 that you will have at the start of 1900/1910/etc. This is especially noticeable if you look at countries such as the US/Russia/China.

If we talk about losses in wars, then thanks to the improvement of army AI, there were no large land meat grinders in this campaign, and if we take into account naval invasions, I think my total losses are much less than a million people.

I understand that population growth is a rather complicated mechanics. It cannot be directly linked to GDP (hello Russia/China/Japan). But as for now the population growth is simply too small.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Update 14]

Well, I have to say that I saw the hull which is supposed to be "similar to the Pelayo" and any resemblance to the actual, real Pelayo is mere coincidence. But it gets the job of allowing a starting Spanish BB within the starting shipyard limit done, so thank you very much.

However, on more practical concerns about the hull, I've noticed that pretty much any gun bigger than 3" doesn't fit or at least give a lot of trouble to fit on the side gun points, is that intentional or is a bug of the new hull?

3 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

You made new shared designs after the update 13 or tried to use older?

To all the above, thank you, we will fix the minor the issues.

New campaign and new Shared designs (1.4.0.0r14).

Shared design (Spain)

Spain4.thumb.jpg.5570637ac978c36ba3ccd30701ee8f04.jpgSpain5.thumb.jpg.fcc0837dea8660e7f6e088f79427f47a.jpg

1890 october, battle

Spain2.thumb.jpg.e64a326ecb2affdbfd2ffc58c5cef452.jpgSpain3.thumb.jpg.fa4b9606c8461f4c8f884e8bf2dbacde.jpg

It's very discouraging. To avoid mistakes, the designs of all ships of all countries were made by AI.

Edited by vonPeretz

4 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

[Update 14]
- Fixed critical issue making Refit process to not work and freeze campaign turns often.
- Fixed minor collision interference for casemates of US "Battleship III".

Dear administrator, have you considered my suggestion?🥰

17 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Can we get clarification on what this means?

• Like 2

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Update 15]

[Update 15]
- Improved/Fixed collider system of several new 3-mast hulls. Designs based on those hulls may become unusable, please note. AI opponents with bugged guns will not be operational or crashes may happen in your current campaigns.
- Improved some other hulls in various aspects.
- Further optimizations in auto-design logic. Auto-designed ships should be the best possible and their auto-design process faster.
- Submarines rebalanced to be stronger in attack and raiding power. Please note that submarines not only produce losses in auto-resolved battles but also passively increase TR losses per turn  in a sea region 
- Population growth increased in campaign. Population should more noticeably be increased when there is economic growth.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kineuhansen said:

any words on modding the game like we can add more hulls into the game or balance shells and pen and change gun models like the british 1930 trible gun look nothing like the one there is on hms belfast

Already the game is moddable to a great extend. We cannot offer anything more at the moment.

4 hours ago, SMS said:

Dear administrator, have you considered my suggestion?🥰

You mean to change guns for British Destroyers. There is plan to add more guns together with other models, which could fit better than those you suggested. The current models uses not only fit historically, visually to most examples of late tech destroyers but also fir to the corresponding parts of those hulls, making those hulls better balanced. 

4 hours ago, AdmiralObvious said:

Can we get clarification on what this means?

All the changes in the hull system affected stability factors (Pitch, Roll, weight offsets). As we know, those affect drastically the accuracy and could make ships to lose aim and  miss too often without the necessary adjustments on the aiming progress dynamics.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

something has got the turrets too scarred to rotate on the new Russian experimental cruiser. the heavy variant has it worst but all the hulls based off of this one have this issue to an extent.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

that new Chinese BB, those great big towers and their turret mounts have a awful time dealing with late era turrets and their awful firing arcs that are drastically worse than they should be. cant stick any kind of secondary gun on it anywhere ether.

• Like 4