Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Final version released]

Nick Thomadis

31 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

In RC 6 all issues fixed except the guns not working on funnels that are mounted on towers. We will fix this tomorrow.

Thank you for the quick fix. The double torpedo on the medium cruisers is gone now. Also great to hear the tower/funnel blocking is going to be fixed!

As for the Chinese Experimental Turret Ship, the slots work now with the minimal possible segments, but if you use max displacements and the segments get expanded, then this two slots get still blocked.

China3.jpg

Edited by Astor
  • Like 1

I've had a few issues come up lately:

1) I started a campaign on Saturday after the last campaign reset - went to play Sunday (Australian Time) the Campaign had disappeared, so I went to start another one - close to a 30 minute loading time.

2) Funnels with Gun Platforms: I still can't place a gun on a funnel's gun platform if the Funnel is mounted on the superstructure (think UK KGV Tower) but can when the funnel isn't on the superstructure.

3) US Super scout cruiser hull (the Atlanta one) - can't build an Atlanta equivalent on it unless I go completely bare bones on the technology and even then I have to lose the wing turrets in order to get under the displacement.

image.thumb.jpeg.938d7c3e31cbb62f787308dec3c7b4f2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.938d7c3e31cbb62f787308dec3c7b4f2.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.938d7c3e31cbb62f787308dec3c7b4f2.jpeg

• Like 3

Spanish "Modified Barbette Ship" aka Pelayo - problems with the placement of secondary guns

You can place Mk1 secondary guns pretty well

P1.png

But after upgrading to Mk2 guns cannot be placed

P2.png

There is enough space for Mk2, I don't understand why this is happening.

German "Armored Cruiser III" - invalid secondary gun placement

There is a strange placement for the secondary gun that does not work at all and using free placement does not help

G1.png

There is also a placement in which it is impossible to install even a minimal secondary gun (free placement helps a bit)

G2.png

American "Battleship III" - it is impossible to install anything on the stern

A1.png

I don't know if it's intended or not. If this is intended, I understand why, but I would still like to be able to place secondary guns on the stern. As you can see, there is a problem with fore weight offset. There is nothing catastrophic here, but it will be a problem for AI designs.

Russian "Battleship VI" - glorious champion of the fore weight offset

R1.png

And that's where the problem with fore weight offset is quite catastrophic. I mean, yes, I can throw out the casemates and make the situation quite bearable, but then what is the point of this ship? 

And yeah, the AI will create a real monster here. The Ai design example:

R3.png

Once a Russian "Battleship V" had the same problem, but she was rebalanced

R2.png

Edited by Lima
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Russian "Battleship VI" - glorious champion of the fore weight offset

Hi Lima,

For a laugh I made the following abomination. This is a Custom Battle Russia 1904 Battleship VI. Engine efficiency at 80% is enough for "all green" bonuses. There are a couple more 6"/152mm casemates fitted at the rear but otherwise it is very similar to your ship, except it is balanced. There is no fore/aft armour asymmetry.

And I think this proves your point perfectly.

- Vholes.

bizarre_but_balanced.png

• Like 4

[Update RC v7]
- Fixed more issues of hulls that were recently reported.
- Fixed "cunning" major old bug which caused inconsistent fire arcs, a bug that was very hard to trace because it could not be reproduced in our game engine, but only in the build.

We will fully release v1.4 today.

Please Restart Steam to get this update fast

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

@Nick Thomadis can you ,please tell us if adressing issue known as "AI ships running away at the start of the battle before making visual contact" is planned? This is especially annoying in 1 vs. 1 battles when Cls are involved.

In most cases they should be trying to engage from a distance while the player seeks to come closer, and this is considered a retreat by most players.

When players do exactly the same, and the AI tries to chase them, it is called suicidal AI and a bug as well... 

If there is a battle with a specific reproduction of a problem, that we can assess and fix, it would help.

7 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

In most cases they should be trying to engage from a distance while the player seeks to come closer, and this is considered a retreat by most players.

When players do exactly the same, and the AI tries to chase them, it is called suicidal AI and a bug as well... 

If there is a battle with a specific reproduction of a problem, that we can assess and fix, it would help.

I believe that the problem described is that the enemy runs away from the very start of the fight, without even trying to engage.

Example: 2 enemy CLs attacked my port, which had 4 DDs. These cruisers fled without even making contact, and my DDs took a long time to catch up with them.

Such situations often happens when my fleet has an power projection advantage in the maritime region of the battle. But sometimes it happens without this condition. As in the example, these 6 ships are all the ships that were in the maritime region at that time.

• Like 3

A couple really small things I noticed:

First, it appears that the British 'Crane Funnel' is subtracting damage control, while German crane funnels add damage control. This is on the Dreadnought V hull, but I also saw it on Dreadnought VI.

image.thumb.png.2e865809fb6475e50f104382edcb2d1d.png

Second one might be an intentional decision, but it looks like Advanced Tower II has a few visual cues that indicate it could take for small casemate guns on the model, but no mounts for guns.

image.thumb.jpeg.e7c909d2fcb8e8a718be40a4cc9d0232.jpeg

I'm really looking forward to this release!

• Like 5

On 10/15/2023 at 3:33 PM, Knobby said:

Seems like portstrike missions don't generate in latest build

So port strikes DO happen, it's just so few and takes so long as to be pointless.

When wanting to invade a province, I can have 4 fleets parked outside a port, half on sea control, half on invade (does that even matter? I have no idea!) and it may take the better part of a YEAR for a single port strike mission to spawn. Completely useless to reduce needed tonnage on naval invasions.

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

No, they do not try to engage from the distance, they just run away not even trying to engage or make contact. And they run away invabsurd situations like 1 on one Cl ,same tech levels and very similar displacements. Why??

Edited by Zuikaku
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zuikaku said:

No, they do not try to engage from the distance, they just run away not even trying to engage or make contact. And they run away invabsurd situations like 1 on one Cl ,same tech levels and very similar displacements. Why??

I mean... if I were running a navy I would probably tell my commanders to avoid a fair fight. Even if they win their ships would end up being beat to hell.

Which is why we need to be able to attack things the enemy has no choice but to defend. "I'mm'a bombard your capitol" or something.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Update RC 8]
52 minutes ago, Dave P. said:

I mean... if I were running a navy I would probably tell my commanders to avoid a fair fight. Even if they win their ships would end up being beat to hell.

Which is why we need to be able to attack things the enemy has no choice but to defend. "I'mm'a bombard your capitol" or something.

Fine, these are 1 vs. 1 situations. What about when AI runs away where it shoul'd defend convoys or ambush missions where AI ambushers run away right away, not even trying to engage ambushed ship?

1 hour ago, Dave P. said:

It would be better in that instance to not generate the battle at all. A pointless or over-long pursuit probably has little entertainment value for anyone who isn't a masochis... err, purist.

15 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

Fine, these are 1 vs. 1 situations. What about when AI runs away where it shoul'd defend convoys or ambush missions where AI ambushers run away right away, not even trying to engage ambushed ship?

Fun fact: you can skip any battle that that doesn't force you to fight it at the beginning of the turn. Just fight the ones you want and end the turn - the rest will just go away.

I do this quite often when it doesn't give me any advantage to do so. I know it's not ideal, but that usually takes care of the phantom battles. @Nick Thomadis, please don't patch that out; it's a handy little undocumented roleplay feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, killjoy1941 said:

It would be better in that instance to not generate the battle at all. A pointless or over-long pursuit probably has little entertainment value for anyone who isn't a masochis... err, purist.

Fun fact: you can skip any battle that that doesn't force you to fight it at the beginning of the turn. Just fight the ones you want and end the turn - the rest will just go away.

I do this quite often when it doesn't give me any advantage to do so. I know it's not ideal, but that usually takes care of the phantom battles. @Nick Thomadis, please don't patch that out; it's a handy little undocumented roleplay feature.

Why woul'd I want to do this?? I actually want to fight defended convoys and fight off torpedo boats with my capital ships. These missions are much more interesting than slugging with battlelines. But these missions are broken due to excessivelly cowardly AI.

• Like 2

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>Beta v1.4 Feedback<<< [Final version released]
  • Nick Thomadis locked and unpinned this topic