Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

2 minutes ago, Panzergraf said:

Task force sizes are limited by total crew numbers, so you won't get 43 BB's in one battle.
But I had it happen back in 1.08 or something, before task force sizes were limited. Lots of fun.

I only had battle against 120 TBs.. and i dont describe it as fun... it was a stutter mess

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello Admirals,

Here is another update for you.. Please read:

v1.3.9 Update
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1069660/announcements/detail/5730315123630573630 

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

Aiming progress changes: 

The aiming mechanics got fixes and adjustments in their logic, so that they work overall better and more realistic. You will notice that when you hit a target then subsequent hits will happen more consistently unless the target maneuvers. Maneuvers will also affect the overall aiming progress more against a target, making fast ships have more chances on avoiding incoming shells (The UI is set to update slower for performance reasons, so the accuracy changes when you hover on target will be displayed not fully synced).

Suggestion to change Fast to Agile, as I am sure that is the intent since you mention maneuvers. A ship's speed has no bearing on firing solution accuracy as long as it is known. 

I am once again requesting þe ability to build obsolete hulls. I don't care if you delete þem from þe list of options when designing a new ship, but don't prevent me from building from designs I haven't deleted.

With all due respect, but the boost to the range finder needs to go, or at least give the option by editing the game files. If it is already possible, please tell me how.

This is from the newest update, in a custom battle, with my mod. This being said,  the guns in my work are more inaccurate in comparison to stock game, the accuracy modifiers from the "params" file are for the most part the same in stock game. The exception is target size modifier, which is not relevant in this situation.

BB, with the best tech possible, veteran crews, targeting an enemy BB at 28 km away. Accuracy is around 7%. Reasonable values for me taking into consideration historical data.

Then suddenly, the range found boost kicks in.

tIjRrlc.jpg

Accuracy jumps to almost 70% at 24 km away!!!!

IC7Hcda.jpg

With a 1482% range found boost!!  I am afraid this is not the limit, since I noticed a few times values around, 2900%. However, I can't explain how these values are calculated. The battle experience was ruined, with me murdering the AI ship in a few salvos.

As a reference, I will post the Iowa guns targeting data gather in training sessions against a similar target size.

KDjbz53.png

2.7% hit chance at 27km away! And I am doing almost 70% at similar ranges. This range boost is ruining the simulation experience. I am basically playing at this moment WOWS every time the range found boost kicks in.

Please, reconsider to remove this range boost from the game or give us the option.

• Like 3

I get that insane range found bonus from time to time too. I believe it's a bug because of how it jumps from a reasonable 200-something% to at least 1500% and some times close to 3000%, with accuracy some times jumping up to almost 90%, and then after a few salvos it's back down to the regular 2-300% and accuracy around 10% as you would expect.

The range found bonus is fine when working as intended, it's just when it jumps to 10x what it should be that it becomes a bit silly.

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

With all due respect, but the boost to the range finder needs to go, or at least give the option by editing the game files. If it is already possible, please tell me how.

This is from the newest update, in a custom battle, with my mod. This being said,  the guns in my work are more inaccurate in comparison to stock game, the accuracy modifiers from the "params" file are for the most part the same in stock game. The exception is target size modifier, which is not relevant in this situation.

BB, with the best tech possible, veteran crews, targeting an enemy BB at 28 km away. Accuracy is around 7%. Reasonable values for me taking into consideration historical data.

Then suddenly, the range found boost kicks in.

tIjRrlc.jpg

Accuracy jumps to almost 70% at 24 km away!!!!

IC7Hcda.jpg

With a 1482% range found boost!!  I am afraid this is not the limit, since I noticed a few times values around, 2900%. However, I can't explain how these values are calculated. The battle experience was ruined, with me murdering the AI ship in a few salvos.

As a reference, I will post the Iowa guns targeting data gather in training sessions against a similar target size.

KDjbz53.png

2.7% hit chance at 27km away! And I am doing almost 70% at similar ranges. This range boost is ruining the simulation experience. I am basically playing at this moment WOWS every time the range found boost kicks in.

Please, reconsider to remove this range boost from the game or give us the option.

The bonus seems to scale off crew experience, if you can find a file associated with crew modifiers, you may find this range found multiplier there.

57 minutes ago, Fangoriously said:

The bonus seems to scale off crew experience, if you can find a file associated with crew modifiers, you may find this range found multiplier there.

Is not there. This range modifier is coming from another place. Probably from the "params" file accuracy modifiers. But until now I failed to find exactly the source.

The crew modifiers are this, if interested to see.

id,accuracy modifier (percent),,,
@name,Accuracy,Aiming,Reload,DamageControl
default,1,1,1,1
Cadets,0.85,0.8,1.15,0.65
Green,0.925,0.9,1.1,0.825
Trained,1,1,1,1
Regular,1.1,1.2,0.9,1.2
Seasoned,1.2,1.35,0.85,1.4
Veterans,1.3,1.5,0.8,1.6

But to nerf the accuracy modifiers here could help improve the situation. Not a perfect solution, but something to consider. Veterans being "1" and the others a negative value.

32 minutes ago, Admiral Donuts said:

In 2 full campaigns, I have not yet had a hunt convoys mission.

I only got loads of convoy defense missions. Thought thait it was because as a Spain I was really outnumbered and hard pressed by England. But it was strange.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:57 PM, JaM said:

Did UK ever fielded 43 BBs??? and i dont mean ships of the line... And more importantly, is game even capable handling such huge number of ships... i had battles with 120 TBs before...

You will never believe how much ships AI can posses. They have less effect of upkeep cost compared to us player, resulting in AI wielding unbelievable amount of ships

I think I have an observation that maybe someone else can verify...

When the accuracy got adjusted on the latest update, it seems like radar got nerfed as well.  Last night I had a CA with gen3 radar that lost contact at about 25km, where before it was much further than that.

Also, I got into a major battle in an electrical storm.  I was sailing ahead to engage the enemy fleet and then all of a sudden at 9km, all their DDs appeared along with already launched torpedoes.  WTF?

In the initial setup for war, I placed 3 ports on Defend stance so that they wouldn't sail, instead lay mines. They sailed anyway for 1 Battle, 1 Convoy defense, and 1 Convoy attack (for the first time in 2 campaigns). Though I am grateful for the opportunity, and given that those light cruisers and destroyers bagged enough Chinese that they are already begging for peace, I think you see the problem.

After the battle, 1 of my destroyers headed to a different port much further away. 2 CLs and 2 DDs moved to a different port to repair.

Edited by Admiral Donuts

2 hours ago, Admiral Donuts said:

Why does this still exist after all this time?

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

because tech isnt nation spesific. everyone gets it, but only some nations get hulls on certain techs. Fairly certain this can't be "fixed" unless done from the core files

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 2

Don't know if it anyone else has experienced this, but after this latest update, (playing as Japan) my US and British friends like to repair their ships in my ports and then leave them there. I have several ports that are either at capacity or over capacity, but don't have a single ship of mine in them (in Port Arthur's case...it is over double the capacity and I've only got a single 10000 ton CL there). I realize they were my allies and at the time, my ports were the closest in the war so that's where they went for repairs.

10 months later, all their ships are fully repaired, but haven't sailed back home or to a port their nation actually controls. Has anyone else noticed this?

Something to note: this campaign was started about a week before the latest update, and I didn't delete it after the update. Idk if it something caused by not deleting/starting a new campaign.

4 hours ago, Zuikaku said:

Sending ships to random ports after the battle makes playing campaign extremely painfull.

My ships are scattered all over Asia and Europe. They rotate around, they take off for a few turns and then will be back in port, only to disappear again. ships are pulled from the canary islands and left in Amsterdam, ships from Corsica get stuck in greek ports. My fleet at Davao was scattered over Indonesia. I've tried building the ships to their ports, they don't stay. I refuse allied missions, the ships still move, but not as much.

The only thing I've has success with is building harbor defense boats with minimum fuel and left on Defend, although I swear a few ports I had stocked lost theirs, but for the most part, all my harbors are defended by minefields.

Except for my harbor defense boats all my ships have 30000km + range and I'm wondering if that has something to do with it

• Like 1