Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

35 minutes ago, applegrcoug said:

So the running away thing is frustrating

I had two CAs vs a BC.  My CAs are 20,000tn each and their BC was 40,000tn.  The battle starts, and the BC promptly turns and runs away from the convoy.

And what is worst, I suppose this running away before battle thing can probably be rather easily fixed.

Stuck Fleets

I think it may be related to sending a fleet out and during that turn the AI also sends it on a mission, and when the mission is over the fleet is stuck outside the harbor. I've got a sub fleet and a small three ship fleet stuck now.

On a previous note about a class of ships getting ate: Do not delete your current refit plan for a class of ships. I inadvertently did and then instead of reverting the ships back to a previous refit I tried to make a new one off the older one and when I clicked on the refit button, en-masse because of course, they all disappeared, one that was in a battle was replaced by a CL. You can revert the ships and then start over, I'm pretty sure I've done that.

4 hours ago, jw62 said:

Stuck Fleets

I think it may be related to sending a fleet out and during that turn the AI also sends it on a mission, and when the mission is over the fleet is stuck outside the harbor. I've got a sub fleet and a small three ship fleet stuck now.

On a previous note about a class of ships getting ate: Do not delete your current refit plan for a class of ships. I inadvertently did and then instead of reverting the ships back to a previous refit I tried to make a new one off the older one and when I clicked on the refit button, en-masse because of course, they all disappeared, one that was in a battle was replaced by a CL. You can revert the ships and then start over, I'm pretty sure I've done that.

Three stuck fleets plus the subs. Two fleets on the way to invasions. It happens after a call for a mission at turn end

Ok, so, the pathing around enemy fleet zones of influence is a really cool idea. But I seem to be unable to set a fleet destination within an enemy zone of influence. This is a problem because I very much want my fleet to go there and shoot those guys.

It also means that a small fleet can blockade a much larger on in a port.

It also means that even though I control a given strait/canal, the enemy can deny my access to my own waterway by parking a destroyer on the opposite side.

There are probably other (presumably unintended) consequences of the current behavior. But these are the ones I've noticed.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, applegrcoug said:

I am getting "can't trade" a lot when allies are trying to buy ships.

That's presumably because you're in a war and there are enemies between you and them. It's intentional, but the message is kinda vague.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jw62 said:

Three stuck fleets plus the subs. Two fleets on the way to invasions. It happens after a call for a mission at turn end

Four stuck fleets plus the sub pack, but I was able to break out all but one ship in each fleet, so now I have four destroyers and one sub sitting by themselves, set on protect and max repair just in case. It's not related to mission calling, or at least not only, since one of my fleets had a two turn trip to Reunion, and got stuck in the middle, so it's just some weird bug, several others have reported same over on steam forum.

3 hours ago, Dave P. said:

That's presumably because you're in a war and there are enemies between you and them. It's intentional, but the message is kinda vague.

Yeah, but why is intentional is the point. If I was under blockade, ok makes sense but in that case the ship should be added to my navy, right? Unless I am wrong, the moment the player get that message, the ship will vanish. Your allied will not get the ship. You will not get the ship and also will not get the money. So, is a lose-lose situation?

Maybe something I am missing here.

59 minutes ago, o Barão said:

Yeah, but why is intentional is the point. If I was under blockade, ok makes sense but in that case the ship should be added to my navy, right? Unless I am wrong, the moment the player get that message, the ship will vanish. Your allied will not get the ship. You will not get the ship and also will not get the money. So, is a lose-lose situation?

Not to mention it would take months or years to actually finish the ship, and there might not be any enemies preventing delivery by that time.

Also I get this error some times when trying to sell old mothballed ships, during peace time.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.7)

Hi Admirals,

We have a new update with further fixes and polishes for the game. Some long standing issues of aiming should be now addressed and the temporary pathfinding errors caused by the Task Force zone mechanics should be now fixed, among other fixes and improvements of this update. Please read:

v1.3.7 Update
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1069660/view/3719456529734695613 

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Already reported in game.  Version 1.3.7 Live.

No major power enemies, destination within range, ships are unable to move more than 1 mile away from port.  Been stuck for 2 turns already.

Fresh install of game.

EDIT:  For additional information.  1890 USA start.  only moved 5 CA's in total.  Current turn is June 1890.  Ports involved are Panama: Colon and Puerto Rico: San Juan if that helps.

Edited by Suribachi

Yeah, started a new campaign after the patch and my ships are all stuck too - they'll go out into the ocean but sit wherever they are. (Their port) instead of going where I told them too. Can't command them back to port either. 😞

Sometimes splitting up the task group will get SOME of them to go somewhere, but it's hit-or-miss. I had a couple task forces stuck like this in 1.3.6 but now it's all of them every time.

Edited by Dave P.
  • Like 1

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.7 R)
On 6/4/2023 at 6:19 AM, Knobby said:

in my latest battle 'range found' bonus jumped from +1% straight to +1500%

I wasn't paying attention. However, my (not modern in 1914) battleships opened up on one immediately spotted in a battle as I was managing the task force, at night in rainy weather, at 22.5 km and instantly hit it and blew it up. No I don't have radar.

This hitting the target upon immediately being spotted has happened in my war more than once, usually right at the beginning of a battle.

Edited by Admiral Donuts

Was the purpose of this patch to make my cruisers stop firing and be incredibly inaccurate? Because you succeeded.

EDIT: Yeah, wow, this patch screw up targeting bad. My CA's are now getting stuck in ladder aiming bugs constantly. They were working great before.

Edited by Schmitty21
  • Like 1