Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

There is a major issue that I am noticing since the last change to the accuracy modifiers in game. This is from stock game.

hCUNFbC.jpg

Suddenly and without no apparent reason. A huge spike will show up in the range modifier. This can last a few seconds or for a long period of time. If not possible to fix this, maybe is possible to limit to 300%?

• Like 5

4 hours ago, brothermunro said:

Bear in mind that UAD is still single threaded, so 7 of your cores are just going to be sitting there twiddling their thumbs. I’ve noticed the game will get a bit choppy in really big battles as well, and that’s on a CPU with the same number of cores/threads but a higher clock speed. Looking at the system resources the CPU will be at about 20% overall but one thread is at 100%

As I said: Optimization or hard-cap on battle size.

• Like 1

I politely request that transport loss chance be brought down to 0% when the enemy has zero ships.

I know it's an edge case, but shadow ninja pirates sinking my transports in full view of my 43CL fleet is not quite what I would consider "expected behaviour"

Edited by clavernever
shippage clarification
  • Like 6

The Mark 4/5 6" turret from  the United States does not look good on light Cruisers. Cannot make my Cleveland class light cruisers anymore.

I do like the Atlanta style light cruiser though and the modernized US dreadnoughts.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.5)
43 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello all,

Another update became available with planned new functionalities on the campaign and other important fixes and improvements. Please read:

v1.3.5 Update
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1069660/announcements/detail/3719456529716808149 

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

"""
Furthermore, the minefields now will function consistently and will check for every fleet that passes through or stands to trigger mine hits. The AI will consider those zones to not pass through or pass from the edges to clean them up with their mine sweeping radius. The player is advised to do the same.
"""

This patch note got me thinking.  Is there a way currently, or planned, to allow the player to setup movement waypoints when ordering a fleet to move on the map instead of having the player move to one location then move on a second or more routes manually?

Say for example, I am Germany and want to attack Italy held Somalia with a fleet starting from Germany.  I have 2 routes I can use to get there.  First, go through the Med Sea and then down the Suez Canal into the Red Sea.  If Italy has this route mined, I obviously do not want to use it.  Second, my other option would be to go west and south around Africa, avoiding the aforementioned route.  This would take longer in time and use more fuel, but my fleet would get there in one piece.

• Like 3

New font/text size.. is HORRIBLE..

on a huge display having to scroll up and down all the time is extremely frustrating experience.. so making it all bigger is the step in the wrong direction..

Its like entire game is designed for Elderly people with very bad sight, so they can see better.. but for normal person with standard sight, having those HUGE texts everywhere is quite distracting. 

image.thumb.png.fc69de441b9ebe26e91a268cd478d55c.png

And of course, thanks to it, unit info window is even harder to read as window spills out of screen hiding details completely..

image.thumb.png.10983fc4ea03d4c9424b4d03c485cb7c.png

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, JaM said:

New font/text size.. is HORRIBLE..

on a huge display having to scroll up and down all the time is extremely frustrating experience.. so making it all bigger is the step in the wrong direction..

Its like entire game is designed for Elderly people with very bad sight, so they can see better.. but for normal person with standard sight, having those HUGE texts everywhere is quite distracting. 

image.thumb.png.fc69de441b9ebe26e91a268cd478d55c.png

And of course, thanks to it, unit info window is even harder to read as window spills out of screen hiding details completely..

image.thumb.png.10983fc4ea03d4c9424b4d03c485cb7c.png

I do understand the UI spillout issues (and believe me I'm the sort of person that considers UI a very important and often unappreciated aspect of game design) but I object to the "HORRIBLE" part of the comment.

You'd be surprised by the amount of people that doesn't have amazing eyesight. Yes, most people don't have a bad case of blurry vision and most people don't need tho have their text displayed in Helvetica 48, but that is FAR from the font size in UAD.

I may not have "bad" vision.. but I don't have "perfect" vision like you seem to, and even though I could read the older font without major issues, I do appreciate it being a tad bigger. It's easier on the eyes.

If anything we should advocate for a font size option to be added, rather than calling what we have horrible like it were a crime against humanity.

Furthermore (and here I'm agreeing with you on the fact that there is a real UI issue that comes directly from the font change) I'd argue that it's not so much the font size that makes text distracting, but the fact that most UI elements are still sized according to the older, narrower font.
Making text smaller would probably be the faster solution, but re-scaling the relevant UI elements to fit the new font would give a better result.
And yes, that includes things like changing the tech tree layout so it's a bit more compact and requires less scrolling, or remaking the info popup so that it better supports large amounts of info without spilling over the edge of the screen.
The one problem with that approach is that it'd take a sizeable amount of time to implement, which may not be an option. If that's the case, then yes maybe making text a nudge smaller would be the best choice.

Edited by clavernever
  • Like 1

Problem is that entire UI elements scale to its size no matter the resolution. In some game, there is at least a slider option to increase/decrease size of UI, but here, its "one size fits all" approach that doesn't really works due to UI spill outs and windows being out of screen.. Strangely enough, no other "Ultimate" game had this issue in the past so i kinda dont understand what's the issue here..

• Like 3

But to not sound just too negative, must say recent gameplay changes made this game instantly a lot better.. ability to block/intercept enemy fleets just opened the strategy map on whole another level.. Owning strategic ports near crucial paths is  worth everything, as you can easily deny access to certain areas. At the same time, ability to take a fleet, and just directly attack enemy big fleet to force decisive battle is great, and makes this game much better on strategic and tactical level.

Anyway, some suggestions - size of Area of Control could probably depends on amount of fast scouting ships in the group, making light and fast cruisers more important and overall making fleet composition less about weight of the guns, and more about proper "combined arms"

21 minutes ago, HaMaT said:

Ok, the radius idea is good, BUT HOW TO ATTACK enemy fleet now? I just CANNOT send my task force to attack the enemy in their radius.

Yes you can. Just sail where enemy destination will be.. Or place your fleet in a chokepoint their path goes through.

1 minute ago, JaM said:

Yes you can. Just sail where enemy destination will be.. Or place your fleet in a chokepoint their path goes through.

The situation is the following:
Chinese fleet is raiding my trade lines and does not move. I cannot send my fleet to attack the Chinese one because the new radius system does not allow me to do it. If I send my fleet with the intention to pass through the enemy radius, my fleet will just bypass the enemy.

1 hour ago, HaMaT said:

Chinese fleet is raiding my trade lines and does not move. I cannot send my fleet to attack the Chinese one because the new radius system does not allow me to do it. If I send my fleet with the intention to pass through the enemy radius, my fleet will just bypass the enemy.

you can still sail near it, I usually end up instantly with a battle. But yeah, not be able to enter it is kinda strange.. it should be a force field, but area that always results in battle..

3 hours ago, HaMaT said:

We will offer hotfix for allowing fleets to move on the current turn after a battle, which is a known temporary problem. If your fleet can move on the current, then if you move near enough on the enemy, the next turn, a battle should be generated. In order to pass, you will need to defeat fully the enemy that blocks you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

We will offer hotfix for allowing fleets to move on the current turn after a battle, which is a known temporary problem. If your fleet can move on the current, then if you move near enough on the enemy, the next turn, a battle should be generated. In order to pass, you will need to defeat fully the enemy that blocks you.

Sorry for the question, but how soon we can see new interwar cruisers, maybe on the next week if all will be good ?

41 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

This is the current behavior which is logical. But I'm talking about attacking enemy fleet in open waters. I cannot send my fleet to the enemy's radius thus if they don't move it is very hard to destroy it.

2 hours ago, JaM said:

you can still sail near it, I usually end up instantly with a battle. But yeah, not be able to enter it is kinda strange.. it should be a force field, but area that always results in battle..

The thing is I don't want to sail near it, I want to sail directly to the enemy's radius to generate a mission.

I don’t mind the text in game being big (but I would like to see a UI scale adjuster) but I don’t think the changes to the text in 1.3.4&5 were an improvement (this isn’t a rant, I love the game and I’m trying to offer constructive advice).

The font choice of Arial (I’m 99% sure its Arial) is, whilst not bad, certainly isn’t good. I understand commercial font use can get expensive but there’s free alternatives that look far better (like IBM Plex).

The dynamic letter spacing is something that I find very difficult, it looks dreadful and is unnecessarily hard to read (I have dyslexia so that doesn’t help). Justified hyphenated text with fixed 12% letter spacing would be better if you’re wanting the text to fill a text box.

Not a new issue; but pop ups, such as the gun information screen in battles, goes off the edge of the screen. Not sure how to solve that one but if you could it would be most appreciated! 

Edited by brothermunro
  • Like 3

And could you please adjust the Peace treaty initiated by the government? I started the war with China and the very next turn my government agreed to the peace treaty. Why? We haven't even started!

• Like 2