Game-Labs Forum

-=Thank you for the participation in our 6-month Roadmap=-

Nick Thomadis

STOP hello kittying forcing us into battles at the beginning of a turn.  My campaign has gone into the 40's, and I'm having to do a dozen mandatory battles at the beginning of every turn.  By the time they're over I can't hello kittying remember what else I needed to do in that turn.

This is bad game design.  It should have been addressed before this game ever went live. 

• Like 3

I’d like to suggest some Quality of Life improvements to the shared designs feature:

Allow us to pick shared designs for enemies in custom battles. Pretty straightforward, when you go into the enemy designer in custom battles it would be great if you could pick a shared design. Currently you can game it by using ‘always’ and only having one compatible design but it would be good if players could chose directly.

Add custom battle designs to shared designs. Again a pretty simple feature, if a player has a custom battle design (which already has the year, country and ship class assigned) they can hit a button to create a shared design file. This would allow players to test & tweak their designs before sharing them.

From a purely selfish standpoint both of these features together would allow me to do cool content like community tournaments 😇

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Ability to dock ships at allied ports and operate from allied ports. Ability to repair ships in allied ports. That woul'd give a whole new dimension to alliances. Now we can only resupply ships near allied ports 

Edited by Zuikaku
  • Like 2

Recently finished my first campaign, started a new one, and have some additional thoughts, mostly UI related.

1. A button to change the duty status (limited, in being, etc.) of all ships, or all ships of a selected type, all at once.  My new campaign is Italy and the hordes of torpedo boats make dropping to peacetime status very tedious.

2. An option on the campaign ship design screen to show how many ships of that class (or refit) level that you current have or are building.  By the same token, letting us select multiple ships to refit simultaneously instead of having to do each one at a time.

3. When you have allies in battle, putting an indicator on which of their ships are low on fuel on the battle acceptance/withdraw menu would be great; I'm sure the Ottoman Empire is very proud of their new French battleship and is eager to fight the Soviets with me, but their overenthusiasm won't fill their coal bunkers.

4. The ability to directly produce ships of a class with refits already applied without the 'save as a new design' workaround.

5. I know others have suggested it, but I would sorely love to be able to upgrade individual port's capacity.  If you don't want us going too willy-nilly with it, maybe make it cost naval prestige in addition to money, or limit how many times you can use it in a set period of time or something.

6. I would thin down the cruiser research tree a bit, but that's me.

7. I must reiterate my suggestion in my previous post about keeping torpedo boat hulls, or at least hulls in that size category, available past their real-life heyday.  I'd really love to build some small ships to assist the fleet with them, namely minelayers, though continuing to use them as fast attack craft would be great too and subchasers would also be great.

8.  Probably not 'on camera', but tender ships to extend the range of torpedo boats or submarines.  That said, having them be able to be hunted down/menaced/sunk/taken as a prize (okay, wrong game on the last one) and thus on-camera would be a neat mission type.

9. If this is in the game already, someone please tell me, but the ability to look at your weapon's fire arcs when in a battle sequence would be great.  Also on the little sub screen of all your weapons, indicating which is on what side would be nice (I assume it's bottom = port, top = starboard, but I don't actually know).

10:  In the ship designer, a good improvement would be it showing me which guns have poor firing arcs.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Captain Vlad said:

2. An option on the campaign ship design screen to show how many ships of that class (or refit) level that you current have or are building.  By the same token, letting us select multiple ships to refit simultaneously instead of having to do each one at a time.

I found how to refit simultaneously multiple ships:
In the list of ships to refit you have when you select a refit design, click on the 1st you wanna refit, then shift+click on the last one and all the ships between these 2 (including them) will be selected and can be refited with only one click on the "refit" button. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lastreaumont said:

In the list of ships to refit you have when you select a refit design, click on the 1st you wanna refit, then shift+click on the last one and all the ships between these 2 (including them) will be selected and can be refited with only one click on the "refit" button. 

And it turns out that also works on changing ship's duty status, which has changed my life, so thank you.  Deeply.

So I guess change my request for those features to "maybe give more tooltips for those of us who used a campaign as their tutorial'.

19 hours ago, Lastreaumont said:

Same goes for the fleet screen if you want to change lots of ships to sea control or limited etc

• Like 2

Small thing, but I think the impact of wars beginning on relations is a little bit too high, leading into a series of world wars breaking out. I think you should tweak that one down a little. Also, you might want to grade it by proximity/interest (interest in an area could be another nice mechanic, perhaps conveyed by the number of ship one keeps at the spot). There is little reason for Italy to be upset about Japan and China going to war, for example.
Lastly, I'd like to see minors having a little bit more agency, i.e. going to war against each other and pursuing their own ends on the world stage, similar to the dreadnaught race that gripped South America in the early 20th century. As an aside, I feel like majors don't really follow any particular goal, their interactions with myself being rather random (with the exception of Austria-Hungary, which seems to merely be utterly psychotic in their pursuit of conquest of Serbia), with one and the same power in one turn damaging relations with me only to try and improve it the next round. Giving them the ability to strive towards an aim would do well in making the game feel a lot more realistic while it still remained fun

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Suribachi said:

Yet for some reason, it does not work for scrapping ships.  At least in my experience.

Same here. It would be nice if that could be implemented for when I'm scrapping an entire design, but then it would definitely need a "confirm, y/n?" popup. Oh, imagine the howls the first time somebody multi-selects a dozen BBs and accidentally hits "scrap" without a confirmation popup. I'd be able to hear them from my house! 😁

Edited by MishaTX
  • Like 1

The following list is a few things I would like to see added to the game:

1) Territorial waters. This may be hard to implement but it would really help us and the AI increase tension with another nation. Task forces will avoid crossing territorial waters when moving around the map except when they are deliberately sent into the area or during times of war. Sending task forces into territorial waters should come with a high-tension and unrest cost as well as reducing naval prestige but will allow us to have a more direct approach to having wars declared. This is something that happens today that would be interesting to see how it would play out in the game.

2) Docking at neutral ports. The player and the AI should be allowed to dock a fleet in a neutral port to resupply and repair ships but they can only remain there for one turn. This happened regularly and one of the most famous examples of this is when the Graf Spee docked in Montevideo for repairs after the Battle of River Plate. The cost of this should be extra maintenance fees for the ships docking, for the turn. This would allow more direct control of repairs for our task forces and keep them in the fight longer as opposed to the task force teleporting back to a friendly port. Superficial damage can easily be repaired while major damage will need a more direct fix from the friendly ports at home.

3) More major nations. I would like to see a few more (2-4) nations be added into the campaign. The ones that make the most since to add would be the Ottoman Empire, Brazil, Canada, Portugal, or the Netherlands. The Ottoman Empire and Brazil make the most since as they did have a naval presence and the dock space within the game to make the jump to major status and having another nation in the western hemisphere would be nice. Canada, Portugal, and the Netherlands all have sufficient dock space to justify becoming major powers as well. 

4) Building refit ships. This has been asked for by many and I don't want to parrot this, but it is a bit annoying that I have to build the base model then refit the ship instead of building the refit ship. If minor nations can request us build the refit ship, why can't we?

5)The ability to customize the starting tensions. Something that would be fun to see is the ability to adjust the starting tensions at the start of the campaign. The battle of the Pacific could be the alliance of now, USA and Japan vs Russia and China, while in the Atlantic and Mediterranean the alliances of old Britain, Germany, and Austria Hungary vs Spain, France, and Italy. Even starting the game with everyone completely neutral could add its own interesting twist.

I also agree with Kaptn_Flitschauge in regard to the impact of wars on relations. Why would I care if the United States and Spain are at war when playing as Austria Hungary or Japan and China warring among themselves.

Again, these are some things that I would like to see with the understanding that none, or some will never make it into the game.

• Like 1

Actual....... modding support 

There's too much to actually suggest.... 

• AI barely counters player designs 
  • Even when the AI somehow gets ahead in tech the player will beat them even on the hardest difficulty. If I'm going through the hardest difficulty I expect it to be so difficult I want to keep my ships alive. But the last time I did a campaign, I couldn't even care less if I lost a few BBs. 
  • Don't even get me started on how subs and mines are implemented (I could go on a rant about this one.... Just no it's terrible, I will continue to mod them the hell out of the game if I ever start playing again)
  • Base flaw chance is 60% according to the prams file. (Now I haven't played for months but this seems a little bit high)
  • Base torpedo dud chance is way way too high (Base 55%) and they more than often go off course than not (in 1945 this should not happen)
  • Extreme lack of communication with the community on the official UAD server. (Bleh bleh blech company policy this and that, there is 0 actual moderation. #support has an insane cooldown and the only dev that sometimes shows up is Ink but that was over a month ago.)
  • Lack of manual steering of ships (We aren't the captain but come on focus on what makes the game fun.)  (Caused bugs IK but if you are gonna drop support for this game eventually add it back at least)
  • MK5 guns should be able to be used in custom battles for all guns. (last time I checked some didn't have mk5 guns)
  • 1950 should not be a hard end date. It should be a default option that you can change by going to options. 

I haven't played for months since well.. the fact every damm time I create a mod ya'll release an update that breaks my mod and then I need to go and fix what you changed (Looks at mine and subs). Quite frankly unless some drastic steps are done with UAD I don't think I'll ever be coming back. I coughed up over $100 on war thunder just a month ago because I'd rather suffer in that game over UAD and the constant bugs, crashes, and features so badly implemented I would rather live without those features. In the takes me to update my mod daily, check for bugs I caused and then have someone play-test it.... I managed to go from 2.0 to 12.0 in war thunder, quite sad and disappointed in what UAD has become over the past year. 

Edited by Sapphire
  • Like 4

On 3/13/2023 at 2:57 PM, Captain Vlad said:

Recently finished my first campaign, started a new one, and have some additional thoughts, mostly UI related.

1. A button to change the duty status (limited, in being, etc.) of all ships, or all ships of a selected type, all at once.  My new campaign is Italy and the hordes of torpedo boats make dropping to peacetime status very tedious.

3. When you have allies in battle, putting an indicator on which of their ships are low on fuel on the battle acceptance/withdraw menu would be great; I'm sure the Ottoman Empire is very proud of their new French battleship and is eager to fight the Soviets with me, but their overenthusiasm won't fill their coal bunkers.

4. The ability to directly produce ships of a class with refits already applied without the 'save as a new design' workaround.

5. I know others have suggested it, but I would sorely love to be able to upgrade individual port's capacity.  If you don't want us going too willy-nilly with it, maybe make it cost naval prestige in addition to money, or limit how many times you can use it in a set period of time or something.

6. I would thin down the cruiser research tree a bit, but that's me.

7. I must reiterate my suggestion in my previous post about keeping torpedo boat hulls, or at least hulls in that size category, available past their real-life heyday.  I'd really love to build some small ships to assist the fleet with them, namely minelayers, though continuing to use them as fast attack craft would be great too and subchasers would also be great.

8.  Probably not 'on camera', but tender ships to extend the range of torpedo boats or submarines.  That said, having them be able to be hunted down/menaced/sunk/taken as a prize (okay, wrong game on the last one) and thus on-camera would be a neat mission type.

9. If this is in the game already, someone please tell me, but the ability to look at your weapon's fire arcs when in a battle sequence would be great.  Also on the little sub screen of all your weapons, indicating which is on what side would be nice (I assume it's bottom = port, top = starboard, but I don't actually know).

10:  In the ship designer, a good improvement would be it showing me which guns have poor firing arcs.

Tip for your 1st and 2nd improvements: Hold ctrl and click on each ship you want to select it will allow you to select multiple ships but ctrl HAS to be held down until your done selecting

• Like 1

I'll separate this into two sections; new stuff and things I feel aren't quite right.

New

Manual/explanation of how things are supposed to work

Ability to refit captured ships

Better way to mod/import data

Wrap around map

More influence on events with minor nations

Let minors refit ships

Display the other nations tech tree and ship manifest

Fix

Subs just seem whacko

Ships teleporting halfway around the world for repairs

I still contend economic growth rates are not in the realm of reality for many nations (perhaps mod/community support)

I'll put it under a fix, but not sure exactly...I tried using shared designs in a campaign, but the AI didnt really use them fully because of the tech tree or used them and refit them to not as good ships.  A way to help the AI with better ships.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 1:03 AM, Panzergraf said:

Ships teleporting to port for repairs, even for very minor meaningless damage, is still near the top of the list of things I'd like to see changed.
If I think my ships need repairs, I can send them to port manually.

And especially when they're in a naval invasion zone!

Add the ability to choose to go/not go to war with a country at war with a country you have a high standing with. Automatically being drug into a war with other countries just because your ally is is simply ridiculous. We did not join WW2 until we were attacked by japan even though 2 countries we had standing with were already in war with the axis. Also longer time than 1950

Edited by Kiknurazz91

16 hours ago, Käptn_Flitschauge said:

Don't let nations outright conquer stuff in war, that's not how things worked even back then. Have them occupy territories on then be able to get them cheaper in a resulting peace agreement

And give us options like liberate either giving it back to a major nation for example Germany takes n France Britain invades it a gives it back to France or if its a minor it can become 1 again

Edited by Danz_Von_Luck
  • Like 5

On 2/2/2023 at 5:41 PM, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello fellow admirals,

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts has been fully released but that does not mean it will not continue to be supported with new content or needed fixes. We already have deployed a considerable amount of hotfixes, addressing issues that you reported. We will still provide similar fixes for as long as it will be necessary and we will also provide new content for the game. 

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts should be already playable, stable enough and enjoyable but we will continue polishing, so that we can safely move our development team into new game projects that you will surely like. Here is a brief list of the most important things we plan to offer till Summer 2023:

1. Weather graphics: Currently we have a few different sea weather graphics that randomize and do not directly link with the weather modifiers. For example, we have stormy weather accuracy modifiers and the generated graphics show a sunny calm sea. We will soon add to the game a wide range of different weather, wave and daylight conditions that will radically increase the battle immersion. You will be able to play even night battles and any weather modifier will directly correlate with the visual experience.

2. Spotting distances improvement: With the new weather graphics, we will offer a more advanced and realistic visibility mechanic. Now ships that fire remain unspotted and cannot be fired at. We will improve so that even distant ships can be spotted when they start firing and reveal their position, but they will show up as a little faded and there will be an accuracy penalty against them. A realistic fog of war will make ships slowly fade in/out according to their visibility.

3. New detailed hulls: The following ships are scheduled to be offered in the next months:
    • New York Class Battleship (detailed variants of USS Texas 1914-1946).
    • Atlanta Class Cruiser and variants that can produce Cleveland-class and similar cruisers.
    • C-Class cruiser as a generic interwar cruiser variant.
    • Other ships can follow or replace the above depending on your recommendations and the war condition in Ukraine, since our main modeler is situated in Kiev.

4. Map graphics finalization: The map includes all the necessary content to simulate the strategic conditions of the 1890 - 1940 time period and is not “flat” as the pathfinding system estimates the shortest route and generates paths via the pacific edge from one side to the other. A lot of players would like the map to have a horizontal “looping” but that would be only aesthetic as the main functionality is already implemented. This aesthetic aspect could generate various new bugs and broken saves that a lot of players will dislike, but we will review if we can improve it further.

The map will receive the following planned improvements:
    • We will fix inconsistencies in all provinces that either do not have borders or they have wrong offsets.
    • We will fix several  UI inconsistencies, including tooltips appearing on top of each other.
    • Any needed graphical enhancement will be made according to your recommendations.

5. Performance optimizations: We will Improve further the loading times, we will repair issues that can cause lag in battles, check Unity CPU thread management etc. We have to remind players, when we first launched the campaign with a small map and only 2 nations that the loading times were much higher than now, while having a huge global map, 10 major nations, many minor nations and dozens of new strategic features in the calculation tables. So there is progress and we will keep improving.

6. General UI and Window interface improvement: We will improve the aesthetics of all UI where necessary and will provide better support in window systems so that you can Alt+Tab out of the game in a borderless game window. 

7. Language Localization: We currently plan to offer support for the English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Korean, Greek languages.

8. Fix of all remaining issues or add missing features: This is a top priority. We have already fixed several reported bugs or inconsistencies. We already continue to fix known problems or things you report to us. We have just created this thread here in Game-Labs forum and one thread in the Steam forum where you can mention your biggest concerns, issues that prevent you from fully enjoying  the game. We will use the feedback gained from these forum threads to fix one by one everything that is possible or a confirmed bug. 

We will also try to implement any new feature that will be widely requested, if the situation allows it  because the majority of the development team is situated in Kiev so we have to prioritize more on fixes.

PLEASE POST BELOW YOUR SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO IMPLEMENT OR FIX AND WE WILL PRIORITIZE ACCORDINGLY.

============================

Any possibility of an ETA on the next major update/beta, just wondering if the hotfixes have put it a bit further back