Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

Small ahistorical bug I found right away.

The flag of Austria-Hungary in the opening of the campaign screen (so not the navy ensign) should be the same as the one used for the 1920 and onwards campaign. The double-eagle flag is the correct one for the entire timespan of the game. The yellow-black flag was used for the Austrian Empire before 1869.

Ensign_of_Austro-Hungarian_civil_fleet_(

1890. Austria-Hungary can't decide on flags, Serbia strong

14.jpg 

Infinitely strong Japanese attack from the territory of neutral Korea

15.jpg

Poor Bhutan

17.jpg

Java rebelled against the Netherlands, but for some reason it's mine (USA) problem. No, they are not my allies.

16.jpg

Edited by Lima
  • Like 2

First battle observations - Sea of Japan 1890 - war with China.

Chinese immediately invaded Korea.

I'm gonna mess them up.

Battle - WHOA - wtf are my ships doing?

Flagship - turned right to engage the Chinese screen. Ship turned left. Okay, I'll keep going left then, ship straightened out. Dangit I'll just click to navigate. Same problem.

Sitting this out until this is fixed. I have lost control of my fleet.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2905012468

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2905012647

edit - OH and June 1890, game hung up at Update Research.

edit - adding a few things about flags - I'm fine with Japan using the Rising Sun naval flag. Korea uses the Japanese flag from start on provinces. Russia is using the Finnish naval flag on its provinces. Not sure what flag AH is using, I think it's Serbia. I didn't even look at the others.

Edited by Admiral Donuts
  • Like 3

I think I'll wait for now, I still wanted to rest...

Not only are all the ships drunk, the accuracy fluctuates very much. There have always been problems with the opening salvo in the game, but now it's a completely different level.

Well, there was a battle with SPain. From a distance of 2000 km, each of their ships hit my ship with an opening salvo. The 178mm guns pierced the 90mm deck of my battleships. It's impossible, there's just no way. But they did. Further, during the entire battle, the enemy ships achieved only a couple of hits.

And there are also completely insane lags in the battle. it is 10 vs 17, but feels like there are 200 ships in battle.

Also, ships don't obey orders. They constantly refuse to shoot at designated targets.

And with all this, the critical bug was the disappearance of submarines. Yeah.

Edited by Lima
lags
  • Like 4

For some reason, I cannot click bottom like "Move" or "Battle". I also cannot confirm any request (like other minor countries buying my ship). Other serious problem is that my ship is moving like drunk in the battle. Also, even I ask them open fire to one ship (just right click), some guns (I'm sure the target is in the range) are shooting other targets.

Other problem: When I started an invade to a minor country, I can see the "diamond" telling me the tonnage is duration. When I try to invade another major country in the war, sometimes the diamond disappears and there are no toonage/duration showing there.

Edited by Xteam25Boyz

Okay, what do we have besides broken battles...

For some reason, the Republic of China is communists. And this is a problem, because the communists are the worst government in the game for GDP (reverse Victoria 3). I don't want to be a communist, how can I change that...Ah, yes, there will be a monarchy from 1890, and this is the second worst government in the game for GDP. China and Russia just can't stop suffering. 

Speaking of Russia, the USSR is forced to annex its historical lands by force. If in 1920 I could still understand it, then in 1930 and 1940 I can't. In 1940, this deprives the game of the eastern front, because Germany and the USSR do not border (the instant death of France).

Austria-Hungary has problems with the army from the start, with which you can't do anything (Serbia has no access to the sea lol)

1234.jpg

What happens in battle is SO BAD. It's worse than ever. Ships are constantly changing targets for no reason. Do not attack designated targets. The targeting is getting off. In my battle with the Spaniards, they did more damage to themselves than I did to them.

• Like 3

Hello,

I briefly tried the beta. Some flags are wrong (as others have indicated), Italy has the Republican Navy's flag instead of the Royal one in 1900.

I have not been able to see ship behaviour in battle or whether ships go back to their base port as intended instead of going to a random one (please, if somebody sees this bug report it, it's really frustrating when you have large empires). 

What I see is still happening is that some areas of the map are hardly clickable, I was not able to click on either Taranto or Bari to send back my ships to port. I also get "mission marks" for rebellions in the territory of others that I'm not sure I am supposed to see.

1 hour ago, Lima said:

Oh, great, now all the battles are not reset when signing the peace.

What is the problem? But a new bug has arisen - after signing peace with the country, you will have a battle with it, if it was generated before.

perhaps the change of letting us "suggest" what we can do casues the issue..

and that issue was there before 1.09 i had issues where i sign peace and then still needed to fight 3-4 missions on them even after peace was signed, or sign peace and next turn go back to war... so i assume it wasn't just 1.10. don't get me wrong i had times where i signed peace in 1.09 and it stopped all missions, but a few of them still stayed in certain campaigns..

3 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

perhaps the change of letting us "suggest" what we can do casues the issue..

and that issue was there before 1.09 i had issues where i sign peace and then still needed to fight 3-4 missions on them even after peace was signed, or sign peace and next turn go back to war... so i assume it wasn't just 1.10. don't get me wrong i had times where i signed peace in 1.09 and it stopped all missions, but a few of them still stayed in certain campaigns..

Yes, this is the return of an old problem. In 1.09 after the conclusion of peace, all missions disappeared.

1 hour ago, The PC Collector said:

Game is not really prepard to work in anything else but 16:9. I faced similar issues when playing away from home in an older computer with a 4:3 screen.

I don't have this problem in 1.09.3 🤨

9AdxVHY.png

I don't have this problem since  I bough the game three years ago.

Edited by TAKTCOM
WAR FOR IMPROVEMENT
  • Like 1

I have noticed that sometimes when starting a new campaign the game will be stuck loading at a random date such as September 1886. The settings I use are 1890 start date, historical ai, create from scratch and selective player builds. That being said the game I feel is better optimised in beta than the curreent release.

• Like 1

New Provinces and different initial settings: The map has been enriched with several new provinces. Additionally, the initial controllers of those provinces are different according to the year you start the campaign, based on historical facts.

Why then is the European map in 1890 all wrong? It should look like this.

Europa_1890.jpg

new Hull issues report

z629OjN.jpg

4 inch gun can´t be placed in this mid section hull positions in the superstructure. Gunboat hull. It is possible to place in the middle to face both sides, but will waste important space needed for funnels. The pitch values are terrible in this hull.

CwUoV7X.jpg

Too many funnels to get a 20 knots speed engine. Torpedo cruiser hull.

pAf7D70.jpg

Two torpedo hull positions in the same location. 16x8 inch guns per broadside can be to much. Medium cruiser hull.

ALJYQ3F.jpg

Experimental turret ship.

EPaaAkG.jpg

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 3