Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming v1.10 news (Update: 20/12/2022)

Nick Thomadis

23 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

This is something that was not consistent and not happening as you said, although other players reported it likewise. If secondaries created a lot of splashes then main guns accuracy could become so low and the ship would prefer to automatically save ammo, unless you put guns in aggressive mode. Anyways, you can test it in the beta if this bug happens, and we can look to it, if it is a bug.

So many players get fooled by this feature. It’s too hard to learn this from the game or read it on the forum or find this info in the help section. From all the posts on this subject, including steam, players will/have just blamed the game.

So, I would suggest a ‘Saving Ammo Icon' (or new color) displaying when guns are in this mode. This would help all players tremendously and be rather intuitive.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Kebla said:

I think that a detailed guide with all the features is necessary to avoid misunderstandings, the one present in the game is too general and not very specific

I agree in principle but not in practice, for the same reason the game tutorial is usually the last thing added to a game [in the event the mechanics change]

I think comments on game mechanics relevant to the most recent patch should be given priority on the loading screens since, in theory, they can be added or removed easily. 

10 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

This is something that was not consistent and not happening as you said, although other players reported it likewise. If secondaries created a lot of splashes then main guns accuracy could become so low and the ship would prefer to automatically save ammo, unless you put guns in aggressive mode. Anyways, you can test it in the beta if this bug happens, and we can look to it, if it is a bug.

I seem to have confirmed that it is indeed a bug in 1.09. I really hope it's fixed in 1.10 thanks to the new model. Will report back on the beta quickly after it is released.

• Like 4

On 12/14/2022 at 1:15 AM, Lima said:

It all sounds really cool, however...I think you already know A LOT about bugs, so I'll tell you about another important thing that I didn't see here.

Clashes of TF. I have already written many times about how I cannot catch an opponent in the Suez Canal for ten turns. At the same time, we are moving towards each other. Every turn we find ourselves at the opposite end of the channel, but we can't engage in battle. This is just the most stupid example.

Now I'm playing a new campaign for SPain. I have a second war going on with the US. In the first war they had a doomfleet and I was able to catch it on the seventh turn, we both ran out of fuel before battle (1890) and it was a long battle. So, in this second war, the US has 48 TF and 200+ ships. It is the sixth turn of the war,  and there has not been a single battle so far. Yes, this time we have the Suez and Panama Canals, Gibraltar and a dozen other places where my TF are trying to catch the enemy. I also have ships in ports. My TF are trying to move behind the enemy, towards them, just standing there. Not a single battle in six turns.

It really spoils the game for me. I just can't fight. It's wasting time. At the same time, collisions with submarines work flawlessly (yes, there are other problems here, but the battles shooting at sea may begin at least). This problem will not go away with the introduction of the channel system. I just want to be able to fight. Thanks to the mines, all my TF now include DDs (3-4 per capital ship), so this is not a reconnaissance problem.

If TF collisions work fine, it will be much easier for me to perceive all the other bugs. Besides, if the enemy is a threat to me (since they now have Shared Designs), I want it to work. Strategy will be important now, I won't be able to attack the ships I built with weak forces.

P.S. It would be great to have more hulls for the US (standards).

Well, almost everything I wrote here is still relevant. Fine, now the ships won't waste shells on submarines. But the ships will sit still for years because of one submarine. Ships vs ships also...

In my SPain campaign, I spent 31 turns without a single serious battle. Already dozens of my TF are chasing US TF. Sometimes there are battles 1 DD vs 1 DD where their stronger destroyer escapes.

Edited by Lima

2 hours ago, Stephensan said:

define 12/20/22, cause i got like 45 minutes before 12/20/22. 

I'll do you one better: It's already 20 December 4 PM where I'm from, but technically when I post this it's still 19 December 9 PM somewhere in the world so within the next 3 hours at most probably. 

I have written a pretty lenghty report in 1.09 about which guns work tougether and which not. I need to repeat that this is NOT a secundaries not letting the main guns fire thing. It's more like certain sizes are not comaptible with each other. I have tested this on dd, cl, ca, bc, bb. If you really want i can re-test it again and make an excel about it. Make video. The easiest to prove would be a dd, since it only has "main gun" option to choose from, yet if you try to use 2 inch and 5 inch guns tougether, the 5 inch guns will stall / fire erraticly, i don't know how to phrase it. And you can't just turn off said 2 inch guns, becouse dds doesn't have secundaries. 

And yes, i also tried to put every gun into agressive mode ( as i told you, please trust your testers) and it did not help at all. 

Thank you neph for your testing and posting about this as well. 

At this point I'm happy that we got some answer from you Nick. Like...finally.....even if this answer is not beliving us. But it's a start. I'll wait for 1.10 to see the changes. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, PainKiller said:

I have written a pretty lenghty report in 1.09 about which guns work tougether and which not. I need to repeat that this is NOT a secundaries not letting the main guns fire thing. It's more like certain sizes are not comaptible with each other. I have tested this on dd, cl, ca, bc, bb. If you really want i can re-test it again and make an excel about it. Make video. The easiest to prove would be a dd, since it only has "main gun" option to choose from, yet if you try to use 2 inch and 5 inch guns tougether, the 5 inch guns will stall / fire erraticly, i don't know how to phrase it. And you can't just turn off said 2 inch guns, becouse dds doesn't have secundaries. 

And yes, i also tried to put every gun into agressive mode ( as i told you, please trust your testers) and it did not help at all. 

Thank you neph for your testing and posting about this as well. 

At this point I'm happy that we got some answer from you Nick. Like...finally.....even if this answer is not beliving us. But it's a start. I'll wait for 1.10 to see the changes. 

+

I tested on my generic 203mm/51mm CA. Put "agressive" on main guns and "save" on secondaries. There are no changes, the main guns still do not shoot well (like at all sometimes). Turn off the secondaries, and then main guns will start firing at full power.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lima said:

+

I tested on my generic 203mm/51mm CA. Put "agressive" on main guns and "save" on secondaries. There are no changes, the main guns still do not shoot well (like at all sometimes). Turn off the secondaries, and then main guns will start firing at full power.

One more way to test that this is not related to splashes created by smaller guns, is to test it against 2 enemies. Focus the secundary fire on A enemy, and the main guns on B enemy. And you will find the same resoult, that the main guns will still not be reliable. 

I have only tried it in campaing and forgat about it. I just rememberd as you wrote this post. I'm sorry. It's a very lenghty process to try to figure out how this bug works :_D 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Probably this is happening due to issues in supply port mechanics, which should be fixed in the upcoming beta.

The fleet goes out of fuel too soon and then crawls on the map.

That's one problem. However, ships are generally VERY slow on world map. I'll just show you this post from Steam. During my "Make nothing not war" SPain campaing I'm constantly moving ships and their speed just doesn't look realistic at all.

112.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

Its way been officially Tuesday for the entire world, some people are in Wednesday by 2 hours already

To be fair, Nik posted Tomorrow 20.12.2022, that is today. At GMT+1 its 15:11 now and I assume they are around this timezone (a bit more and a bit less).

If we take a look at the patch notes timestamps, they vary between late noon, to late night, and some afternoons and evenings inbetween.

So Niks post about 20.12.2022 is pretty accurate in a 24hr timeframe, as long as it drops before Eastern (I assume) European timezone

Best suggestion I have is play something else, go outside and smell the flowers or take your <insert significant other> out 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zuikaku said:

What about with coal as resource?

Coal is a pretty abundant resource.  Any nation that was building major warships in the late 19th / early 20th centuries was industrialized at least to some extent and would have ready access to coal, at least in their home ports.

Oil on the other hand...

1 hour ago, MDHansen said:

If we take a look at the patch notes timestamps, they vary between late noon, to late night, and some afternoons and evenings inbetween.

So Niks post about 20.12.2022 is pretty accurate in a 24hr timeframe, as long as it drops before Eastern (I assume) European timezone

Best suggestion I have is play something else, go outside and smell the flowers or take your <insert significant other> out 

freezing temperature with snow, single, up for 16 hours, im honestly just wanting play the game at this point. ( im not up due to the game i have sleep issues)

i expect it to be just before they "leave for the day"

• Like 1

Well, I can't lie...this update sounds like it's going to be great. From having an actual hand in diplomacy, oil dependency, port capacity directly influencing ship building capacity and building ships for other nations sounds very interesting. I'm also glad to see that doomstacks are (hopefully) going to be a thing of the past.

And while I'm always glad to see new hull and gun models...I'm kinda disappointed that there weren't any new "modern" cruiser hulls added and I find that I must once again ask the question "where are the more modern cruiser hulls?" and echo all the posts/discussions/questions that have been talked about and asked for oh so long...

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/40426-upcoming-%E2%80%9Cupdate-v109%E2%80%9D-news-07102022/?do=findComment&comment=768318

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/39429-player-suggestions-december/?do=findComment&comment=758708

https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/39095-cruiser-hulls-towers/

These are just a few posts about the topic of more cruiser hulls. Some of the ships mentioned in these posts/threads have been added, but as you look at the dates on these posts and then compare the requested ships against the ships we have in-game...you'll see that there are PLENTY of ships that still haven't been added.

I get that the campaign is the main focus right now so us players can have something to play, test, and provide feedback on...believe me, I really do. And while that is of utmost importance as the campaign is one-half of the game, the ships and ship designer make up the other half.

While I understand that this isn't supposed to be a "historical realism simulator," there are so many well-known and iconic ship designs that are still missing for many major nations. If you don't believe me...go see what cruiser options the United States, Britain and France have. For the CLs...it's that same exact generic hull, towers and funnels across all three nations, with the only difference being the gun models and what flag is flying. The CAs are one of the three following design options: upscaled generic CL, downsized BB/BC, or some 1920s CA design. That's it...those are the only designs you are locked to for your CLs and CAs from roughly 1918-1920 (depending on what you research) till the end of the campaign for those nations. Now, take a look at Japan's CA and CL options. Japan certainly has a variety. Why doesn't anybody else?

TL;DR     I'm excited for this update, as I think most of these features will add a real sense of depth and immersion into the game. And yeah, new gun models and a few new hulls are cool and all...but we need more cruisers for multiple nations desperately...and it's not like this "more cruisers" thing is a new issue/concern either.