Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming “Update v1.09” News [07/10/2022]

Nick Thomadis

10 minutes ago, Nascarboi22 said:

Yes but working on a update needs beta testers you can’t find all the bugs before beta testing

There's internal testing that goes on because there's limited value in rolling out to outside beta testers if the build itself is very unstable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nascarboi22 said:

Yes but working on a update needs beta testers you can’t find all the bugs before beta testing

They mentioned some game breaking bugs that need to be dealt with before the beta is released, which means that they already found said bugs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grizli60rus said:

As for me, it's better to wait for the stable version and not rush the developers. I don't want to get an unplayable version with a bunch of bugs

Don't you think that it's important for a company to be trustworthy instead of making false promises all the time? How many times has this update been delayed? And this isn't the first time they are doing this, it happened with most major updates before. At this point I find it hard to believe any promise they make.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vagrant said:

Don't you think that it's important for a company to be trustworthy instead of making false promises all the time? How many times has this update been delayed? And this isn't the first time they are doing this, it happened with most major updates before. At this point I find it hard to believe any promise they make.

You know that "shit happens" ?  Not always things  happen as planned.  This is not a release date, it is a development milestone with a new version of the beta.  It is  always very likely that some  milestones will be missed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vagrant said:

Stuff happens during developement. Maybe they found another large bug that needs looking at. I'd rather they polish it now than the patch being completely unplayable

1 hour ago, TiagoStein said:

You know that "shit happens" ?  Not always things  happen as planned.  This is not a release date, it is a development milestone with a new version of the beta.  It is  always very likely that some  milestones will be missed.

The thing is that it seems like for Game-Labs shit happens all the time. Promises are broken, updates delayed, and even with those delays the updates still tend to come very much unpolished, with a plethora of issues.

You do understand the concept of a beta right? This game is in beta and the early release they are giving us is a beta of the beta. If they find a game breaking bug why tf would they release that? You seem like the kind of person to complain about a missed deadline, but also complain about a lot of bugs of a beta game

7 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

The thing is that it seems like for Game-Labs shit happens all the time. Promises are broken, updates delayed, and even with those delays the updates still tend to come very much unpolished, with a plethora of issues.

That's why have the beta for the updates. they are meant to be unpolished so we the players can help the devs find bugs and make the game better.

Also if I remember correctly they are based in Kyiv which is certainly a bit of a problem.

I would like to remind evryone here that if they are working from Ukraine kiyev then then they have big power outage as Putin threw the tantrum titled "i am loosing war that i started so i will comit some more warcrimes"

Ehh sigh honestly at this point i would not mind swithing Russian empire for ottoman empire as a playbele faction

Edited by Grayknight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PhoenixLP44 said:

Also if I remember correctly they are based in Kyiv which is certainly a bit of a problem.

As far as I remember, this issue was raised at the beginning of the conflict. Their office, if I remember correctly, is in Cyprus, or something like that.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TAKTCOM said:

As far as I remember, this issue was raised at the beginning of the conflict. Their office, if I remember correctly, is in Cyprus, or something like that.

Yeah, I don't think that they'd still be working on the game if they were actually still in Kyiv.

2 hours ago, Grayknight said:

I would like to remind evryone here that if they are working from Ukraine kiyev then then they have big power outage as Putin threw the tantrum titled "i am loosing war that i started so i will comit some more warcrimes"

Ehh sigh honestly at this point i would not mind swithing Russian empire for ottoman empire as a playbele faction

It would be cool, if they would include an option to dismantle the Russian Empire into Ukraine and Poland-Lithuania after winning a war against them.

48 minutes ago, Vagrant said:

Yeah, I don't think that they'd still be working on the game if they were actually still in Kyiv.

Life is mostly back to normal there, the war is now far away except for the occasional missile strike. 

Anyways a revised estimate would be nice, I don't mind if it won't be till next week but I like not being disappointed when I rush home to check this thread lol 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mike L said:

Cut them some slack.  They fix one problem, a few more pop up.  They are professionals, let them do their jobs without complaining that it is not ready when you want it to be.

See the source image

While you're right it would also be nice if the game wasn't so full of feature bloat already, like the gun lenght which actively worsened it and required months of fixing (and it's still crap) or the completely needless subs.

Edited by Vanhal
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vanhal said:

While you're right it would also be nice if the game wasn't so full of feature bloat already, like the gun lenght which actively worsened it and required months of fixing (and it's still crap) or the completely needless subs.

Well i do not agree with you. In my optics changes they made are for better especially regarding increased in customization of ships. 

In fact i would argue that gun leanght that you can modify is necessery