Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming “Update v1.09” News [07/10/2022]

Nick Thomadis

• Battle AI improvements to follow the new changes.

I really hope that someday real work will be done here. There is only so much you can achieve regarding shipbuilding/campaign balance (and this patch is going in this direction, which is nice), but there's no point if the AI is braindead in battle.
Even when the AI is able to field similar ship to yours, instead of wrecking a 200 ship fleet for no loss, you'll lose 1 or 2 ships.
It's even more prominent in big battles, as the random-type divisions and formations make no sense for a player, hence for a basic AI.

All capitals should form a battleline (several divisions' lenght if more than 4 capitals). Rest of ships should be split between screening each div, and some scouting.
Battleline won't be broken up except under exceptional circumstances, so the formation will hold. You'll try to break it, cross the T and so on.

It works that way in RTW and while being not perfect, the AI puts up a really fair challenge when similar firepower is involved. It'll close the range when you lack screening, and get further back if overall damaged (And a single ship won't wreck your entiiire formation if it loses 3%hp). Collision avoidance is totally wrecking the AI. IMO it would be better to turn off friendly collisions completely than having the current system where half the enemy fleet will be stuck in the water and even a simple 4 ship division can't hold formation...

That's the core of the balance problems right now. Look at what happens if you pick legendary difficulty. There's only a massive income buff for the AI. It'll basically field more ships, so you'll just kill more ships quickly, making you win the war earlier than in normal. Because the AI can't fight a proper battle.

1v2 or 1v3 can be more dangerous, because the AI can cope, than 10vs200, which it can't cope.

• Like 4

forgot to add one of minor additions that should be implemented in future updates is manual ship naming. Allowing ships that are been build or in pre-commission state to be named by player. Automatic naming is okay, but if you want some historical names for memebers of ships you recreate then you want to have that chance.

For example: Bismarck class you would definitly get first ship named Bismarck, but you want to get Tirpitz as well, otherwise you need to copy the design and make it as separate class. Just to get battleship with that name, or hope that random name generator gaves you the name you want.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nagato said:

forgot to add one of minor additions that should be implemented in future updates is manual ship naming. Allowing ships that are been build or in pre-commission state to be named by player. Automatic naming is okay, but if you want some historical names for memebers of ships you recreate then you want to have that chance.

For example: Bismarck class you would definitly get first ship named Bismarck, but you want to get Tirpitz as well, otherwise you need to copy the design and make it as separate class. Just to get battleship with that name, or hope that random name generator gaves you the name you want.

no clue why you need to repeat yourself four times but what your asking for is already in the game

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nagato said:

Eenie meenie miney mo... ill reply to the third one I think, Just double click on the Ship name in the ship list and type in whatever name you want

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toby said:

no clue why you need to repeat yourself four times but what your asking for is already in the game

I didn't want to repeat myself, but when i was posting the bloody post, something was wrong, and it end copying itself three times. I did send admin a message to delete 3 of those. It seems nobody deleted it yet.

• Like 1

I looking forward to this update, but I must say the number of changes and new features looks insane! I hope we will have at least 25% of these new things and balanced working accorded to patch notes. Ofc. when we will have an official new patch. Please take your time and and write code careful. 

God bless the players, who will test this patch.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Grayknight said:

Hey guys aby datę prediction? Minę is 7 up too 14 days

I don't think that's going to happen, maaaaaybeeee some extremely buggy early access.
I really think that Game-Labs needs better community management. So far we know very little about when to expect the update to come.

• Like 3

===21/9/2022 Update===
Hello everyone,
We would like to share a brief information update about our current progress. We have prepared almost everything, added more fixes and improvements and all the planned features except the following:
- First Global map version: Needs a first graphical base, plus some needed mechanics.
- The Updated shipyard.
- Submarine feature: It is currently very beta to share. Needs crucial bug fixes and some remaining non-working features.

We will let you know very soon when the next beta will be available for you.

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

===21/9/2022 Update===
Hello everyone,
We would like to share a brief information update about our current progress. We have prepared almost everything, added more fixes and improvements and all the planned features except the following:
- First Global map version: Needs a first graphical base, plus some needed mechanics.
- The Updated shipyard.
- Submarine feature: It is currently very beta to share. Needs crucial bug fixes and some remaining non-working features.

We will let you know very soon when the next beta will be available for you.

Excellent!

Just a quickie, will 1.09 allow more than minor victories?

On 9/12/2022 at 10:28 AM, SodaBit said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that hull forms shouldn't be restricted by nationality in the campaign. An AI with "historical personality" should learn more towards using hulls that its nation historically used, but seriously, there's no real reason I can think of that should stop folks from using the hulls they want to use.

At last someone says it. THANK YOU!

"National flavour" has no place in a game that's supposed to let you design ships the way you want them.

• Like 8

===30/9/2022 Update===
Hello admirals,
The work for the next major update continues. This update is actually the largest we have ever worked for in terms of content, so it takes more time to complete than the usual. According to what we have finished and what we consider stable for you to play, we estimate that next week, we will offer the first playable beta. It is going to have extra improvements in various aspects of the gameplay and the following limitations:
- The map is not going to have finalized province borders. The borders will look generic and will not show accurate cutting of land according to the game's provinces. Map graphics will be incomplete but mostly done.
- The submarines and mines will work but some issues in balance or bugs are to be expected.
- The new hulls will be unavailable.
- The new shipyard might not be available yet.
- Other known small issues will be fixed during the beta.

Thank you for reading, and have a good weekend!

The Game-Labs Team

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3