Game-Labs Forum

>>> v1.06-1.08+ Feedback<<<(17/8/2022)

I cant even play the game anymore man. I try loading into battles and campaign missions and it stops loading, when I click the screen it launches the mission but its only a grey screen with my ship on it. I cant progress the months in the campaign because the game doesn't want to load it. And I cant alt tab out of the game because if I do I cant alt tab back in. Pls fix this devs.

I cant even play the game anymore. Every time I try to load into a battle or campaign situation It says it loads, then I click the screen without it saying click to continue and it launches a grey screen with my ship in the distance. I cant progress the months in the campaign because it wont load no matter how long I wait. Devs please fix this I really want to play the game.

6 hours ago, Aloeus said:

Does anyone else have the issue of BBs getting stuck at cruising speed (my 22kt BB is now stuck at 16.3kts). Is there any way to get them to speed up?

same problem here

sometime, after ship suffer from engine but repair, max speed will lose forever, no large structure damage(over 95%), no flooding.

• Like 2

After 5 campaigns, I feel like playing 1890 isn't worth it at all.

With 4k ton dockyard per 24 months compared to 1900 9,6k ton dockyard you only can use Super Battleships hulls late in the 1930s (if you do not forget to upgrade that every 2 years).

Research becomes too slow the longer you play compared to the later start date. With the 1890 campaign, I got Krupp 1 by the early 1910s with no priority while in the 1900 start I instantly got it.

AI nation collapsed too easily. By 1914 both Italy and France have collapsed so it becomes some weird 3-way fight

Doomstack kills the war too fast. I got a doom stack and sunk all of the ships and immediately get a peace offer and if I declined then they only have little to no ships at all. After that every time we met in the battle the AI instantly runs away even without seeing my ships and I got to waste 5 minutes of my time before the end battle shows up.

Also balancing issues but it has been reported by others, like HE spam and Spotting issues and how OP DD is

9 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

Did you check if they ran out of crew? that has been documented to happen

You're right, they really ran out of crew, both only have 200-300 crew ready...maybe this is the problem. I'll just continue the campain and report, what is going to happen

So I started a new campaign as Italy and joined late in a war between Austria and France. Austria apparently peaced out, while I got in a few more fights with France...but now I got in an interesting situation:

image.png.d569ed995fb00734b89b7e0cacb028cf.png

Can someone explain to me how I am to win a naval war...against a navy that doesn't exist anymore? 😅

(In the end I fixed it through blockading France, but was still a funny situation as the war just kept going)

Edited by JeeWeeJ
  • Like 1

An absolutely infuriating bug. My four battleships, all full health, spawn and one of them "sinks" due to crew loss! That is complete BS and ruined my war against France. My crew pool is sufficient to easily fill up all my ships and the add crew box is also checked.

UAD_crew_loss.jpg

Some observations from my 1890 - 1905 campaign as Germany

(it should be noted I report the bugs during gameplay so wont be posting bugs in this post, however this is more gameplay feedback)

So far the ai has a bad habbit of building or keeping very old ships in service, this also includes the fact these ships are using baseline technology from the start of the game, whilst I'm building/ operating dreadnoughts.

Doomstacks whilst they happen in history, they arn't as common as in this campaign when I had to face off against several  in the space of one war, even though I was operating medium sized fleets. My p.c aslo encounters a fair amount of lag/ slowing down despite being a decent gaming p.c with an Nvidia 6gb graphics card, 16 gb of RAM, and a Ryzen 5 3600 core.

Would be nice to see Spain added as it's a bit weird seeing the flag and sending ships around Spain with nothing coming from there.

It would also be nice to update the Austrian navy's hull selection in the 1890 start, as 3 different sizes of the same hull can be a bit boring to look at and work with, and they don't allow for allot of variation which can make it very hard to really experiment.

Overall I do like the update and think this game is heading in a great direction.

11 minutes ago, Gangut said:

Some observations from my 1890 - 1905 campaign as Germany

(it should be noted I report the bugs during gameplay so wont be posting bugs in this post, however this is more gameplay feedback)

So far the ai has a bad habbit of building or keeping very old ships in service, this also includes the fact these ships are using baseline technology from the start of the game, whilst I'm building/ operating dreadnoughts.

Doomstacks whilst they happen in history, they arn't as common as in this campaign when I had to face off against several  in the space of one war, even though I was operating medium sized fleets.

I experienced the same, they are still using their old pre-dreagnoughts until they got sunk.

And with the Crew-Pool: The AI seems not to build any crew pool. In my gameplay they never got a crew pool of more than 400 after I sunk their navys, even in the politics it shows me that their crew pool is rising significantly with +500 and more, but it doesn't grow.

Looks like a huge bug to me

• Like 1

So i let a campaign run along for a while started in 1900.
I was suprised how the British could afford 40 BBs in 1935 until i saw this in my battle against them. These are the most Modern British designs in this Deathstack here . I feel quite sorry for them.
For Comparison my most Modern BB.
My Cls cost more than their BBs. the AI needs to learn to scrap designs completely obsolete like these Pre Dreadnoughts and early Dreadnoughts.

I'm going to add some of my modernized 1910s Desgins for compariosn of what should be still reasonable in 1935 Battles.
At the Bottom is how the Dreadnought started out .

20220711165508_1.jpg

20220711165458_1.jpg

20220711165503_1.jpg

20220711170836_1.jpg

20220711171400_1.jpg

Edited by Marcus

17 hours ago, o Barão said:

So hard mode is hard?🤔

There is 'hard mode' then there is 'send the infinite legions of hell at them' hard 🤣

Its not that I can't beat it, its just having to fight 20+ CA+CLs in most battles is a little overwhelming and a touch tedious. 
Would rather they got a selection of advantages instead of just ALL THE CASH

• Like 2

17 hours ago, SodaBit said:

Okay, this isn't even open for debate anymore, Spotting NEEDS a rework.
As well as DD's, and HE shells, but mainly spotting. 
I'm trying out the new DD spam META, and holy f*** thank god we don't have multiplayer yet, it would be the most toxic PvP on the market right now.
bocFDGY.png
1940's PLAN BB can't spot 2 4,000 ton DD's LESS THAN 7 KM AWAY, FIRING CONTINUEUSLY. 
This isn't even a fair fight. If the enemy can't see you, they can't shoot you, and with out shooting you, they can't win. Even despite the close range, and good weather conditions, the Chinese crew can't see jack, because both towers have been destroyed. They were knocked out quite some time ago, and because of this, the Chinese have been sailing into an unending rain of 149.9mm HE without the ability to reply. They don't even know what direction to go in, as both RDF and Radar systems have been disabled with the destruction of both towers. They are, for all intents and purposes, dead men walking. The only reason their ship is still afloat is because I expended all the torps as the range closed to disrupt the BB's course.
This wouldn't be an issue with a simplified spotting system. In my opinion, the way it should work is that if you fire your guns within 25km of the enemy, you get spotted. The only way to mitigate this would to be in a smoke screen, but you should still get spotted if you're within 10km. This simplified system would still be realistic, as light forces would still be able to sneak up on critical targets by holding fire and laying smoke, and would be able to withdraw using the same method. It would also eliminate the main issue with spotting in the game, the ability for light forces to fire on the enemy from close range with no fear of retaliation.

We'll still need to address the new DD META, and the effectiveness of HE spam, but that's a topic for another time. As of right now, Battleships, Battlecruisers, Large Cruisers, and Heavy Cruisers are just a waste of time if they can't effectively counter light forces.

Errmmm, it's conning tower is destroyed and both towers destroyed? Might be part of the issue.
Sight range is what, 6km from sea-level?  Seems actually pretty realistic.

So still no fix for the tension mechanic (and battle generator)? Frankly I dont even want to touch the game with the prospect of "playing" 2-3 houres of naval cookie clicker before giving up because I cant get a war started or a mission generated.

If thats the case I'd like acces to the 1.05 non steam version, the one that isnt updated anymore. It might have less features but it was at least playable .....

Edited by havaduck

WTF???

image.thumb.png.a5b6d2d6c615e30596323eaa0591d68d.png

PS:

FPS is more like Frames per Minute but neither CPU, GPU or RAM are much in use.

Battle size is about as extrem as it gets and my computer is still bored...

image.thumb.png.8bf1b97dba3fe949c5fa393e9ac4e3e8.png

PPS:

Funny thing is as soon as i hit pause CPU and GPU spike pretty hard

image.png.a5018b5dd561bad07d7d5fac9b7aeb0f.png

Edited by Zombie1914
PS added
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

My big 3.

1. Fix crash when exiting ship designer at the start of the campaign after player designed own ships.

2. Only damaged ships should return to port, not the whole taskforce (not ships with minor damaged either). Was working.

• And no teleporting either, ships should sail (pathfind) home. This would be a mayor campaign shakeup but a necessary step to point the game in the right direction. IMO this is really interfering with the flow of the campaign.

3. Cap battle ship numbers at 50 per side. Could have it percentage based, e.g. 33% for BB & BC, 33% CA & CL and 33% DD/TB (or whatever % is best), if one class is not fulfilled then the other classes are split to makeup the 50 ship cap. More focus on creating a series of straggle battles to satisfy that bloodthirsty battle generator.  This is a result of others using cheat engines, I thought previous posts were genuine. Very sad to see what the world is coming to.

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 6

yikes

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

managed to get 8 kills wile retreating, 4CA, 3CL, 1DD, until i ran out of main gun ammo and got far enough away for end mission to pop up. France asked for peace after these minor losses too.

next mission I ran into this 1930 AI generated BB

the abomination was immediately detonated by plunging fire seconds after it was spotted, in addition to having no main tower, funnel and an empty barbet, it likely had no citadel protection ether.

Edited by Fangoriously
  • Like 1

I just had a very strange occurance, and am wondering if anyone has had similar occurrances?

Situation as follows:

I am Germany, I am at war with France. However, I am allied to Austria-Hungary and Britain.

Britain is allied to France. Austria-Hungary declares war on Britain.

I am at war with France alongside Austria-Hungary - yet my alliance with Britain brings me into a war against Austria-Hungary alongside France.

I can no longer fight French ships, yet they still show as red on the map. I can however fight Austro-Hungarian ships, which show as white on the map and in the battle results are on my allies' side.

We seem to now have 2 wars ongoing which conflict with each other:

Germany, Austria-Hungary VS. France /// Germany, France, Britain VS. Austria-Hungary

I was just forced to sign a peace treaty with France. This ended the first war and took me and France out of the second, but didn't end the war between Austria-Hungary and Britain. All I can imagine is that the alliance system got confused when it attempted to put me into both sides of the war, leading to the victory points of the second war to be counted for the first.

Edited by Kowalskicore

Events seem to be pegged to percentages of naval budgets, which leads to some unusual results.

For example - $550 billion million dollars to break up a protest in 1925. If my math is right that would be about a trillion dollars in todays currency!

Edited by mikekervin

This keeps occurring, and is now affecting 3 ships in a single battle. 

Top middle, left, and bottom middle ships are all stuck at 14.4kts. The top right is merrily steaming along at 20kts. They are all the same class of ship. This is at the beginning of the battle, which severely effects my ability to even get these ships involved with the battle. 

xZqONiN.png

I know that we all must bow before the the RNG, but... should a CL really be able to take this many large caliber (12/14") hits before sinking?

Other than a vague recollection that the USS Iowa was designed to be combat effective while taking up to 16x 16" hits (and a vague suspicion that I'm not remembering that accurately), I have absolutely no idea what kind of a beating ships like this could take, and am honestly asking, not trying to complain.

20220711221633_1.thumb.jpg.e776f9005f4ff2fe1b9aae8dd794b436.jpg

I know it's not exactly comparable, but does anybody know of a hits by caliber type analysis for the German DDs at the Second Battle of Narvik? Might be interesting info.

7 hours ago, Fangoriously said:

yikes

managed to get 8 kills wile retreating, 4CA, 3CL, 1DD, until i ran out of main gun ammo and got far enough away for end mission to pop up. France asked for peace after these minor losses too.

next mission I ran into this 1930 AI generated BB

the abomination was immediately detonated by plunging fire seconds after it was spotted, in addition to having no main tower, funnel and an empty barbet, it likely had no citadel protection ether.

That enemy battleship was the single funniest thing I have seen come out of this game. It’s also a tad worrying seeing as it is made up of pretty much every single design error that the devs have previously stated they patched such as empty barbets and a… lack of main tower.

8 hours ago, 21hugoPT said:

Why we can delete the old designs??

soon or later I will have a billion designs/refits of ships and I scrap the old design ships of the class

image.thumb.jpeg.3b4f0a6739860191e9b9073129a79d8c.jpeg

I noticed you can only delete unused designs and sunk ships still count as using their design. So, if you loose a ship, you'll never be able to delete its design. Maybe a way to force us to remember our lost sailors. :-) 

• Like 3