Game-Labs Forum

>>> v1.06-1.08+ Feedback<<<(17/8/2022)

Speaking of such too late discoveries:

For Austria-Hungary it's near enough impossible to build a modernized dreadnought before a modern battleship due to how late in the tech-tree the first secondary tower for that hull is locked.

Even when deliberately focusing on tower techs the "soonest" I ever was able to design a modernized dreadnought was 22 month before modern battleship was researched. And if you just let the research run without priorities, you'll only have the modernized dreadnought up and running many years after unlocking the modern battleship, making it an entirely pointless hull to have in the Austria Hungary tech tree at the moment.

• Like 2

Having issues with campaign every 3 turns or so game freezes in between turns. Memory usage is half of what it used to be so that's great but I've restarted the game 4 times just to complete 1 year its kind of getting old. Maybe there is too much going on between turns and it causes a freeze? The campaign is majorly better just still having issues with the game freezing between turns.

Can someone explain this to me please?

image.png.b3525d352394bc6576b734e9f83767c9.png

image.png.d7feb680dd04dbca750c083c66d8967d.png

image.png.74644a06caed14703f0f2b9b786d09cb.png

image.png.82381d860b314999dc6ed1f1e10e2df3.png

How did a gun that has a maximum penetration of 47.8mm manage to do a full penetration + ammo detonation against a 145 mm deck and 87 mm inner deck?

Even if it somehow bypassed the main deck armour entirely, the inner deck is still almost twice as thick (and way more than twice with the armour quality modifier) to withstand the shot.

What happened here?

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 9

19 hours ago, ZorinW said:

Please devs, theach the AI to build decent ships.

The AI build okay ship, but the AI don't know some tricks like:

-12.9" > 8.9" > 4.9"> 2.9" > rest 

-Long barrell 20% must have, exception for main guns sometimes if you want pen deck in this situation 4%+ everything below 0% are trash.

-new tech is usually the best. 

11 hours ago, jkl said:

And not, it isn't UI bug, pair of 4" casemate guns upgarded to 4.9" give more than 100t weight.

Because 4.9" are better than 5" xD I don't know either, but I stop asked this question as the team don't care about it now. Also still worth. I much more prefer 4.9" than 5".

6 hours ago, itolan1752 said:

Entire "Submarine Design" and half of "Naval Tactics" are still WIP.(and this will be a huge work)

even they balance it in this moment, after they add anything. we will worry about this again. (unless developer plan to add Submarine very late)

We can don't see the progress in here, because these elements are not ready even for testing. I think we don't need to worry about it and about re-balancing it. The balancing is mostly changing the values I think in this case.

What is scary for me is the quality of current progress and addresing the issue. Month passed and the relations, war are not fixed yet! I will be not suprised if the submarine will fly and the aircraft carrier will be deep under the see placing mines... I am scary that after they add the half of the rest content they will be like, the developing of the game ended this is final version with big amount of bugs and with 0 balance. 

6 hours ago, itolan1752 said:

I forget something to report.

I notice that "7~9 inch gun seldom fire" problem is not only happened on Cruiser's main gun.

If your BB has 7 and 8 inch sec guns with many others small gun (2~5 inch), they are seldom fire too.

Too many guns fire at once will interfere 7~9 inch gun fire, no matter it is main gun or sec gun.

So if your Baltimore want to fire main gun, maybe turn off the sec gun. main gun should fire at well.

Yes... Right now I clicking on the eneamy ship every 5 seconds to fire all guns. This give me backflash from flash games, when you must click on the eneamy as fast as possible to kill him xD Not fixed after 1 month... 

Edited by Plazma
  • Like 4

On 7/8/2022 at 4:11 PM, Norbert Sattler said:

There's still the issue of Austria-Hungary being able to research quad secondaries, but not actually being able to build any.

This is one of the problems with a 'things' based approach to the research tree. Each thing has to be a separate entity that goes with other separate entities. Thus you get hulls without matching towers and redundant research items.  At the moment you can refit old 1890 designs with RADAR but can't improve their funnels!

A 'concept' or 'ability' based tree would initially be more work to implement but should be more flexible and give better results. Researched better funnel extraction, great, now you can upgrade all of your funnels via Refit. Better large gun barrel technology,  great, now you can make larger and/or longer guns.  Better mounts, now you can upgrade any suitable gun, not just the few a thing based tree allows. 

How much funnel tech only applies to a few hulls? Why can't it be applied to old designs? Same with towers. 

If you want quad guns and do the research then you should get them. Sure the graphics may change depending on your nation, but that's just graphics. 

Also how can I build a 30k ton BB but only a 4.5k ton CA? 'Things' based thinking again! Why not use the same classification criteria used in real life at the time? Where there is a grey area, and I know this is heretical in the game industry, let the player decide. A 10k ton ship with 11" guns? Hmm... do you want to classify this as a CA or a BC?

Note that this would more easily allow treaty events in the campaign such as the weight and numbers limit of the various early 20th treaties as there would be more flexibility in design. I once heard of a brilliant new game promising that... oh wait...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

9/7/2022 QuickFix of v1.08
- FIxed bug that caused designs to not be saved in campaign.
Please restart Steam to receive the update. Version nbr. remains the same.

Many, almost daily updates definitely have a positive side and do show that the devs are listening, but it does make it hard to give worthwhile feedback when you can't get half way through a campaign or only a handful of custom battles before the next update. 

I also get the impression the studio has become reactionary rather than visionary and proactive. 

The Devs are obviously working hard and are making a lot of progress, but there is also a palatable air of rushing into problems and patches rather than going for well implemented solutions. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Plazma said:

Yes... Right now I clicking on the eneamy ship every 5 seconds to fire all guns. This give me backflash from flash games, when you must click on the eneamy as fast as possible to kill him xD Not fixed after 1 month...

Dose it possible to hit enemy?I didn't, I think it is "adjustment of fire" that just make ship get "range found" buff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, itolan1752 said:

Dose it possible to hit enemy?

After selecting this same ship again the "range found" and "aimed" are reset, so the accuracy cun drop from 100% to 10%... better this than nothing. Usually I miss. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, o Barão said:

1.08 campaign feedback

A-H / 1890

lBlggEu.jpg

I don't have any ships, 😒

taZuhvE.jpg

Again, I don't have any ships, 😒

Should I be worried about the relations with the Comoros Islands government? They are a small archipelago in East Africa. Will they attack me with coconuts and sail majestically across the Mediterranean in canoes?

OHqVT3S.jpg

Again, I don't have any ships, 😒

59oHnXM.jpg

So they want to modernize the French shipyards? The French, the country I am at war? Sure why not..😒

EIAq7UC.jpg

Oh really? Let me check...

5b8lWiZ.jpg

Apart from the French, who I am at war, everybody loves me. Probably, fake news was already a theme in 19th century. 😒

Kvol1Qx.jpg

36.5 knots TB in 1894. Too much maybe?

Bd4YB7w.jpg

I am at war with the French, but the panel in the top left corner only shows the Italian vs French war. Also the Germans are also at with the french and are my allies. Needs work.

XmCsXHk.jpg

Now they love me? The press in this era is worse than twitter.

cJOTbQX.jpg

I tried to blockade the French at Gibraltar, but they simply don't care. 😒

KW9Ocfw.jpg

I decided to test screen and scout.

- My TB's are drunk. They stay in an area to the back of the port side.

- When an enemy show up, it seems at first they are going to protect me, but then they turn around and ram my BB.

- In the back, one BB is trying to overtake the other. Why? I have no idea, but he will continue trying during the entire battle.

byVXEXh.jpg

This must be a hobby for the TB's captains. To see who can ram more times, against the admiral BB.😒

NgDz2lC.jpg

They were supposed to be scouting, but instead my TB's captains simply ignore me? Maybe there is fish in that area. 😒

sNuWJ4S.jpg

So what? I am at war with them.

- Are they expecting my government to give them money, so they could build more weapons and ammo to use against my troops?

- Are they expecting my government to admit this war crimes? In a time of war?

This event doesn't make any sense. If it was after a peace deal was signed, could be a possibility, but not during a war. 😒

Still playable and fun, but many things are in need to improve.

I must admit I almost never read the event boxes, I just look at the results. Although I did see one where Tasmania, an Australian state and former British colony, was causing tension with Britain by siding with Germany. Ah.. I suppose their just names on a map. 

The zones of influence do need to be made more meaningful if strategic placement of TF is to become useful, and placing TF at choke points should be useful. Sure factors like relative TF speed and endurance need to play a factor, so quick  nimble ships might slip by if the blocking TF comprises of slow lumbering ships, but otherwise it should either be an encounter or a block. 

• Like 2

Started a new campaign an hour ago, was streaming it...and the game crashed out several times while in the build screen. The last 2 times not even an error report. A few days ago I played an Italian campaign 1890 to about 1906 without any errors, was great. I can't explain this latest problem, my hardware, settings etc are the same. Only thing is the last few hotfixes happened since the Italian start. Guess I will wait for more forum reports or a new hotfix.

Still seeing pretty insane doom stacks made up of nothing but old ships in 1.0.8. (1890 campaign. AI ships were a lot of 3-4k ton CAs, first-gen DDs, ~3k ton CLs, and a mix of pre-dread and first-gen dreadnought BBs.)

Like they stopped building new ships after the first few batches and/or aren't scrapping anything. Their budget/GDP is solid though, so I don't know why they wouldn't be.

I know the general consensus is that doom stacks are bad, but if performance didn't drop so badly, there'd be something kind of enjoyable about blowing up that many ships.

20220709113532_1.jpg

Oh, and I noticed that performance improved, but never really got back to normal after sinking all those ships. Do sunk ships stay around taking up CPU or GPU resources in some way?

Edited by Dave P.
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Aloeus said:

I'm getting a lot of cases where I will accept a peace treaty but then the game will continue the war. I'd like to not be continually at war because I can never make a peace treaty. 

Sometimes helps return all you ships to the bases.

2 hours ago, kineuhansen said:

game freeze is nothing new when i play a campaign and click next turn a couble of times and then the game freeze and when i click right mouse the game crash also please fix the damn slow loading time for when you start a new campaign take like forever

Interesting, i don't have any crashes or freezes 

Does anyone else feel that the devs have overdone it with the port capacity? In my current Italian campaign La Spezia has, after 40 years, now a capacity of almost 8 million tons!

Also funds are way too high in normal mode. By 1935 I now have a monthy balance of 1 billion and my naval fund are now 108 billion...

Edited by ZorinW
  • Like 1

I do not think the AI is scrapping any ships past 10-20 years in campaign. Start at 1900 and at 1920 they still use Pre Dreadnought or Dreadnought 1 Hull with Nickel-Steel or Krupp 1, but they sure did produce them at insane amount.

I am also experiencing long loading time when I click next turn, it seems stuck at Update Missions which understandable while at war, but also while at peace. I usually restart and it seems fine but after 5-6 months it happens again. Kinda tedious if I need to do that in 40+ year campaign.