Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

Austria-Hungary 1890 start, Germany ceased to exist. Alliance between me and Italy vs alliance of UK and France.

France sued for peace and I accepted. The next round I got neither a peace negotiation nor a "the war continues" message. Instead i got the message that France had declared war on me and our VP were reset to 0.

The same thing happened a bit later when I tried to peace-out with the UK.

11 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*UPDATE 9 * (10/6/2022)

-  Caliber length edits now affect the horizontal and vertical penetration. For example, by reducing the length of the barrel you are increasing the deck penetration and decrease the side penetration (and vice versa). The shell ballistics are now  unique and more diverse than ever, utilizing the many different combinations of gun settings.

Please restart Steam to download (Saves had to become reset - The remaining critical campaign bugs should be fixed tomorrow)

I really hope this isn't directly the case....

Do you mean instead that the longer barrelled guns will have a flatter firing arc (due to increased muzzle velocity), so get a better angle of incidence against side armour where as shorter barrelled guns have a higher firing arc so their impact angle will be better against deck hits?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drenzul said:

Do you mean instead that the longer barrelled guns will have a flatter firing arc (due to increased muzzle velocity), so get a better angle of incidence against side armour where as shorter barrelled guns have a higher firing arc so their impact angle will be better against deck hits?

Yes, that is that is the idea

• Like 2

A typical example of a VP bug. Italy 1910. I can't start a war, I have a positive relationship with everyone. When the war between the four countries begins, I send ships to generate tension with Austria-Hungary. I declare war on them, as well as on Germany. I am not joining the alliance of Britain and France, so that I can then fight with them. And in the first two battles, the AH fleet obviously "wins", transferring half of their ships to an underwater position.

Also I somehow blockade Germany when all my ships are in the Mediterranean. And I somehow sink their merchant ships in the North sea.

2323Снимок.PNG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lima said:

A typical example of a VP bug. Italy 1910. I can't start a war, I have a positive relationship with everyone. When the war between the four countries begins, I send ships to generate tension with Austria-Hungary. I declare war on them, as well as on Germany. I am not joining the alliance of Britain and France, so that I can then fight with them. And in the first two battles, the AH fleet obviously "wins", transferring half of their ships to an underwater position.

Also I somehow blockade Germany when all my ships are in the Mediterranean. And I somehow sink their merchant ships in the North sea.

2323Снимок.PNG

I agree with you.

As I said before, the VP bug is the main problem for the campaign in the game because it's not gonna be easy as we thought, but it should require a lot of resources and effort to put this VP bug issues down

9 hours ago, Skeksis said:

Lifeboats won't remove...

I think that unlike the other random bits and baubles the game decorates the ships with, those are actually a hard part of the hull. My guess is it is for balance. In the years you can obtain it, that hull would be massively overpowered if you had a huge stretch of open deck. It's still a bit OP as it is. You can squeeze some rear towers in the "unusable zone", and I believe there is some space for a small barbette too .I've built cruisers using the hull and a few small barbettes in the rear and got a 8-9 gun broadside with single 6" guns with most of the centerline (I did use the forward wing positions, a lot for that time period. More importantly, because they're on the center I was able to max out armor and make the things super fast. Without those boats there the broadside would likely be 9-11 guns.

Edited by Iuvenalis
typo
  • Like 1

VP Bug and tension needs a slight pass so each ship generates x amount of tension (probably depending on the class). 

Right now e.g. Britain gets mad equally at germany whether they have one heavy cruiser in the north sea or 4 BBs, 16 CA, 256CLs. 

Also there needs to be a modifier of negative tension each turn. Means if I pull my big bad boys from the north seas the tension will not rise any further or even drop to 0 (or max -50) etc.

Another "bug" I found is that you can train your crew to Veterans with the crew train slider although the tooltip says it shouldnt rise above trained.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Iuvenalis said:

I think that unlike the other random bits and baubles the game decorates the ships with, those are actually a hard part of the hull. My guess is it is for balance. In the years you can obtain it, that hull would be massively overpowered if you had a huge stretch of open deck. It's still a bit OP as it is. You can squeeze some rear towers in the "unusable zone", and I believe there is some space for a small barbette too .I've built cruisers using the hull and a few small barbettes in the rear and got a 8-9 gun broadside with single 6" guns with most of the centerline (I did use the forward wing positions, a lot for that time period. More importantly, because they're on the center I was able to max out armor and make the things super fast. Without those boats there the broadside would likely be 9-11 guns.

Honestly, would be better if the lifeboats re-arranged themselves on the hull to give the guns room to turn. Having a min number of lifeboats needed may be interested in terms of shipbuilding, but would need to be able to move them around somehow.

• Like 2

If the bulkheads aren't made of shells, and the funnels can't be rapidly repurposed into guns, then what's the point of even having a ship?  I dont know why the hulls are built like that but it's just sucky.  

14 minutes ago, Jyson said:

Honestly, would be better if the lifeboats re-arranged themselves on the hull to give the guns room to turn. Having a min number of lifeboats needed may be interested in terms of shipbuilding, but would need to be able to move them around somehow.

I wouldn't force them but it would be nice as a little extra feature if I can stick them on say the tops of turrets so you don't take 100% losses every sinking.  

I'll be a monster, and embroil the world in war, but don't artificially inflate my crimes.  Even despite my best efforts, I'm sure some managed to survive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Jyson said:

Agreed but my guess is this was done deliberately to "nerf" the hull, as it is a very wide open plan that would allow far too efficient gun placement for the period and make the hull OP.

• Like 1

I'm getting near constant non-sensical blockade info every turn. I'm apparently blockading them, but then this is thier blockade of me has ended, but thier economy stabilized. Also, many of the blockade initiated screens show tonnage/power of zero. I can't seem to bug report when these prompts are active.

image.thumb.png.54511906e1da16d4f79c72e0ff2e7c92.png

*UPDATE 10 * (10/6/2022)

- Remaining alliance issues should be fixed.
- Remaining blockade bugs should be fixed.
- Reverse VP bug should be now fixed (needs testing).
- Fixed bug that caused battle inactivity and Task Forces to not interact.

- Tooltip/Help Update.

Please restart Steam to download. (Saves not reset but it is advised to restart a new campaign for proper testing)

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

*UPDATE 10 * (10/6/2022)

- Remaining alliance issues should be fixed.
- Remaining blockade bugs should be fixed.
- Reverse VP bug should be now fixed (needs testing).
- Fixed bug that caused battle inactivity and Task Forces to not interact.

- Tooltip/Help Update.

Please restart Steam to download. (Saves not reset but it is advised to restart a new campaign for proper testing)

Thanks Nick! Amazing pace with the updates. 

Tooltips are not fully fixed though. It works better now, but not 100% correct. 

• Like 5

Well... my first battle of the current campaign didn't suffer the VP bug, which is something I haven't had since 1.06 U1 dropped, so that's a positive sign. :)

That being said... there is a UI issue.

I can't see Limited in the taskforce stances. Sea Control is always selectable, but when I try to use protect or invade, it's pretty much random whether it's the one I wanted, the other one or Limited that gets selected.

Or to be more precise, when I started the campaign everything looked fine, but now after I shut the game down and started it a while later and loaded my previous save, this happened.

Edited by Norbert Sattler

The issue with making peace with a member of an enemy alliance and them immediately declaring war in the next round (and resetting VP in the process) is still around.

Would be nice if in such cases they either ended their alliance to keep the peace or refused the peace with the "war between x and y continues" message...

Edited by Norbert Sattler

39 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

The issue with making peace with a member of an enemy alliance and them immediately declaring war in the next round (and resetting VP in the process) is still around.

Would be nice if in such cases they either ended their alliance to keep the peace or refused the peace with the "war between x and y continues" message...

Good point... The VP Reset bug after we declared war on enemy countries and gaining a lot of VPs for either side to force them for peace is another problem that we are facing with. We should reconsider this issue and we need to find the way to fix this problem

1 hour ago, Norbert Sattler said:

I can't see Limited in the taskforce stances. Sea Control is always selectable, but when I try to use protect or invade, it's pretty much random whether it's the one I wanted, the other one or Limited that gets selected.

What does "limited" do anyway? (or at least what is it supposed to do if it doesnt work atm).

Cant say to much about whether the VP bug is fixed or not. I started a campaign (and had the bug) but this latest update came immediately so I started a new campaign. Did 1 complete battle so far, didnt have the VP bug ...... yet.

Second battle and I got fleets spawning into each other again. Come with free insta cruiser rape and enemy TB spawning 1 km from my BB. Considering I got a shitton of (useless, allied english) TBs and they are hoeplessly out of position, and the enemy got only a few but they are right on top of my BB ..... yeah.

pgNCbUP.jpg

Also I did a campaign with only heavy cruisers and battleships PRECISLY to try and keep the numbers of ships and god damn jutland battles down. What does the battle-maker do? Inundate me with a hole lot of english garbage light cruisers and even shittier torpedo boats, force me into a battle and tell me I cant withdraw. Beautiful. Layc7ht.gif

Savefile sent.

• Like 4

Looks like VP bug has gone

Conducted 5 quick tests and 1 long campaing.

For quick tests, I played for all available countries, had several fights. VP bug never showed up.

Started a long campaign for France, brought the game to peace with Germany, then again declared war on them. Again, no VP bug.

New minor bug with task forces orders

"Limited" order button has disappeared, when choosing "Invasion" order, task force actually receives "Limited" order, when choosing "Protect" order - "Invasion" order. "Sea control" button is ok.

• Like 1

This is my Wishlist after playing several hours this Beta: 

Tech research speed is the biggest problem I have currently. Tech is a little slow to come reveal the next research when no focus priority is set. However, the game seems to reward you for not using the focuses because other areas of research slow down to much. If you keep focuses on Big & Small Guns along side Cruisers you can keep up in those techs for those years but everything else grinds to a halt. So it feels like this system punishes player agency, that's bad game design. Focuses should feel meaningful so I propose that if I put the focus on Explosives that selection speeds up the research while the research in the Projectile category isn't penalized but the other categories are. So if I say put Two research points into the gun categories turrets and layout aren't penalized  but I'm also not using the focus points effectively and it will cause the player to spread out the focus points and to think about how to use them in a more meaningful way. This would also speed up research and it will have to be balanced again, but it will improve player agency and its logical to think that if you are supporting a specific technology's research that some benefits would spill over and not punish research in that section. At any rate 100% investment into research should mean that with the focus priorities properly set the player should be able to stay 1 to 2 years ahead of tech development if no focuses are set then the player should stay right on time. 

Building tensions is another area in which players lack agency. Having ships in my ports on the North Sea as the UK shouldn't anger the Germans but deploying fleets into the North Sea should anger them. The amount of tension generated should be directly relative to how close you move to their ports. That way if I am playing as France and don't wish to anger Italy I will have to tell my ships to sail south to North Africa and hug the coast to get to ports in the Adriatic. Friendly nations should have tensions raised if you sail your ships extremely close to their ports. That way if I want to have a German French Alliance to fight against as the UK, I, as the player can do that. That would also enable historical vs random AI to behave in such a way that makes sense. For example it should be possible for a random French Ai to attack the UK if they have an aggressive personality.  

The Ai has some issues and some of its behavior is erratic at best. Ideally, I would love to see the ability for the AI to "steal" designs from other players who play their campaigns. I know that's not possible for this patch or if ever. Essentially, players could upload their designs that they use in their campaign and add them to a library that the Ai could pull from by cross referencing techs available. If no design is available then the Ai would build a ship from scratch. The Ai refits way to often and randomly. 

Longer term, the way shipyards and port capacity works should be reworked slightly. Ports should have a capacity that's fixed at the begging of the campaign. Players should be able to increase it throughout the campaign by investing into naval facilities there. Ports should be able to build shipyards in them the total of which represents the maximum tonnage your country can produce or refit at a time and a portion of that can help transport construction in peace time. This would slow the Ai down producing ships. The max size shipyard in that port represents the largest ship able to be constructed there. 

I do have one question about citadels. If a citadel covers halfway between the bulkhead does that mean that if the enemy scores a flooding hit in that unprotected section the whole section is lost to flooding and doesn't hit the citadel? If this is the case then bulkheads should scale with the citadel in the future. 

I love the game and I am happy with what I am seeing so far. 

• Like 4

*HotFix UPDATE 11 * (11/6/2022)

- Fixed more bugs of blockades that were not initiating promptly.
- Fixed issues that could delay campaign turns when AI designed ships.
- Fixed issue that could cause battles to start too close in campaign (Needs testing).

Please Restart Steam to get the update (Do not report if Steam has not downloaded something - Saves are not reset)

• Like 10

Problem - war immediately starts after the peace agreement

I started French campaign again after update 11. I declared war on AH and Germany, and did not enter into an alliance. Austria was the first to offer peace, I agreed. Messages "War continues" came out next turn, then Germany offered peace. I also agreed, and on the next turn, I received reports that Germany had declared war on me, and VP were reset. To check, I tried again to make peace with AH, the same thing happened as with Germany.

Then I made an alliance with England and Italy, we together 2 times sought to make peace with AH and Germany, but on the next turn the war started again.

In general, I was happy with the war with them, they had very good ships (also design of the ships in the latest updates is pretty solid).

However, there is a problem, and in my Britain campaing it was repeated - Germany declares war immediately after the peace.

• Like 1

Beta 1.06 report (update 11)

Issues

- Small guns losing and gaining target acquired status.

- Gun panel position.

4N0b6Qf.jpg

LPGrDFJ.jpg

- Some tooltip panels position in the designing process.

FwU8W2d.jpg

- Torpedo launched to the other direction.

Question

- Is possible to have a region panel for the Irish Sea?

32 minutes ago, Lima said:

Problem - war immediately starts after the peace agreement

I started French campaign again after update 11. I declared war on AH and Germany, and did not enter into an alliance. Austria was the first to offer peace, I agreed. Messages "War continues" came out next turn, then Germany offered peace. I also agreed, and on the next turn, I received reports that Germany had declared war on me, and VP were reset. To check, I tried again to make peace with AH, the same thing happened as with Germany.

Then I made an alliance with England and Italy, we together 2 times sought to make peace with AH and Germany, but on the next turn the war started again.

In general, I was happy with the war with them, they had very good ships (also design of the ships in the latest updates is pretty solid).

However, there is a problem, and in my Britain campaing it was repeated - Germany declares war immediately after the peace.

I just had the same thing happen. Agreed to peace with AH, ended turn, immediately went to war with them again. This has the annoying effect of resetting victory points. 

• Like 2