Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

Is it possible to start a war with your Allies, playing as Germany have defeated Britain and France and they have ceased to exist. My understanding was I can generate tension by moving ships close to other nations borders? 

Also, I love how the torpedoes are working in this patch.

UA.jpg

UA 2.jpg

6 minutes ago, ZorinW said:

Beta 1.06 (UPDATE 11)

1890s Italian campaign. I can't make peace with France every time France asks for peace I agree and the next month war breaks out again.

Are you at war with only France or also the UK?

It's already a known issue that when two nations are allied, it's currently impossible to ever regain peace, since when you peace-out one, it will see that it's ally is at war and immediately join their war, ignoring that the just made peace.

Maybe it's possible to peace both if they surrender in the same round, but I've never seen that happen.

New bug has started.  Playing German 1930 campaign.  When war is declared with the UK the UK ship list doesn't show up and the game locks up every turn when building ships.  You can access the main menu and continue the game at which point the turn has happened but it does this every single time.  Tried multiple campaigns and still happens.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and it still happens.

1 hour ago, Soxy said:

Is it possible to start a war with your Allies, playing as Germany have defeated Britain and France and they have ceased to exist. My understanding was I can generate tension by moving ships close to other nations borders? 

It would be absolutely stupidly crazy to only have 2 sides with 10 worldwide nations. So one must conclude diplomacy is rigged, for now. Full sandbox mode where the player chooses who to war against and who to make allies with must still be on the cards.

So I'm guessing we’re stuck with limited nations/sides and an un-sandboxed campaign until future patches/full diplomacy is ready.

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Phelidai said:

Not sure if this is simply a strange version of the swapped VP bug or something new entirely but...

Or3lV8h.png

PXlKWZo.png

What the hell happened here? This is a clear victory for the British. I have 4 surviving battleships vs Germany with a slaughtered fleet. Yet the game counts this as a defeat. The reason I don't immediately attribute this to the reverse VP bug is because even with the points swapped, they don't make any sense. Where did 7000 odd points come from? Assume the points were swapped, and Germany earned 7307 points vs my 11435. How did they get so many points? They killed a few hundred crew and sunk... nothing. Meanwhile, the side who sunk 15 ships and killed thousands doesn't even double that number.

Not sure what happened, but it definitely isn't intended.

Were your ships significantly more advanced? I had noticed that a lower tech enemy who damages higher tech ships gets more points than if it was a fight against equal tech adversaries. sinking 4 advanced destroyers in the 1,200 ton range will net roughly the same number of VPs as wiping out a fleet of 6 CLs, 5 CAs, 2 - 3 BBs, and 8 TBs of an "average" tech enemy.

17 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

It would be absolutely stupidly crazy to only have 2 sides with 10 worldwide nations. So one must conclude diplomacy is rigged, for now. Full sandbox mode where the player chooses who to war against and who to make allies with must still be on the cards.

So I'm guessing we’re stuck with limited nations/sides and an un-sandboxed campaign until future patches/full diplomacy is ready.

I agree with you @Skeksis

Hi there!  I'm enjoying the latest build.   A few questions:

1. It occasionally get ships that surrender immediately due to crew loss in battle.  Is there any way I can detect this?  I seems like damaged fleets automatically teleport home on damage (which I'm guessing is WIP (which is fine))  Do I need to explicitly recrew them when they go home or is this due to ships being at see for a while and I need to send them home every so often?
  2. When I move ships it seems like the dotted line goes to random locations.  The ships move to where they are supposed to, but the movement lines are frequently incorrect.
  3. Can I expand my port facilities?  Not the maximum build tonnage but the individual ports. 
  4. Can I intercept enemy fleets at sea?  I chase the enemies around or go to where they are shown to be moving to, but I don't seem to get anything but strike missions. 
  5. Set preferred starting formations for each ship group.  If I want my CLs in a battle line and they start out in screen it takes a good while to change things around.
  6. The ship pathing is still not great.  Some suggestions for the AI
    1.  Rule 1 - lower tonnage ship yields.  All things being equal, if you are a smaller ship get out of the damn way. 
    2. Formation priority rules:  Battle line>Screen>Scout.    If you are screening, you shouldn't be getting in the way of the ships you are screening, get out of the way. 
    3. "Avoid Collisions" needs refinement as it just causes ships to go straight far too often when its not needed, and just causes other collisions in my experience.  

Thanks!

(edits for grammar)

Edited by Hale
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Are you at war with only France or also the UK?

It's already a known issue that when two nations are allied, it's currently impossible to ever regain peace, since when you peace-out one, it will see that it's ally is at war and immediately join their war, ignoring that the just made peace.

Maybe it's possible to peace both if they surrender in the same round, but I've never seen that happen.

It's only France left and they still ignore the peace agreement. 

So I won a war with Germany, they transfered 40 ships to me, sounds nice. Problem is they don't show up on my fleet screen, they just exist, i can move them around but I can't do anything else. I wanted to scrap them, instead they are taking up peace time resources and funds. Anyone know a solution to this. For now I guess I restart and try to not ask for ships to scrap, because this stupidty since the ships where sent to the Med worsened relations with AH and Italy to the point war started, a war I wasn't ready for. This has to be fixed, it's game breaking that they are mine, but still controlled by Germany

Edited by Candle_86
  • Like 1

Blockades still have some bugs in them. image.png.99172b633e817fb337a9a4e01f3f015d.png

I have a lot more than 54000 total tonnage. My BBs and BCs alone are 110000 tons combined. That 54k number is coming from only the ships I have in port, because I have most of my ships out at sea to actually go fight things. (Italy does still out mass me by a decent margin, but not that big of a margin.)

I'd like to not get blockaded because my fleet is sailing around trying to Kantai Kessen. 

3 hours ago, Aloeus said:

Blockades still have some bugs in them. 

I have a lot more than 54000 total tonnage. My BBs and BCs alone are 110000 tons combined. That 54k number is coming from only the ships I have in port, because I have most of my ships out at sea to actually go fight things. (Italy does still out mass me by a decent margin, but not that big of a margin.)

I'd like to not get blockaded because my fleet is sailing around trying to Kantai Kessen. 

Now wait, is your task force counting towards the sea where your ports are or are they somewhere else, say Western Mediterranean in your case.

The reason I ask is that I've never experienced my task force not counting towards the tonnage on station in a Sea.

Another possibility which I have experienced is that in certain areas of the Eastern Mediterranean sea, task forces aren't counted towards tonnage, it seems some areas of seas aren't correctly attributed - So what might happen is you send your fleet a bit too far south, near Africa, and the task force suddenly doesn't count as tonnage in the Sea.

Had a couple weird bugs last night. Playing as Britain I won a war against Germany and decided to take Helgoland and the rest money. Several turns later I moused over it a there were German ships there. Tried seeing if I could control them and when I moved them they showed the German flag. Went to move again and they just disappeared. Tried sending in game but it started acting up after I tried queueing up some refits it lagged really bad and crashed. Thinking the refit bug was because the ships weren't in port. 

Ran a campaign as AH to completion finally. (1950)

German and the UK forced each other into economic collapse, and hurt France so badly in the process that it collapsed on its own a couple years later. My ships did very little actual fighting. (A couple convoy missions against France.)

I'd really like to have been able to declare war on Italy (they somehow stayed intact and had a pretty impressive navy), but we're friends.

A "screw you, let's fight" button would be nice, as would maybe making the campaign AI a little dumber when fighting itself. Gotta keep things interesting. As it was, the campaign was "over" in 1928 and I had to mash "Next Turn" a lot.

Maybe financially collapsed empires should reorganize and come back to life after 5 years or something.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Right now /number for the barrel length seems to be off. The Mark 3 16" look pretty much spot on like the Iowa's 16"/L50, but the game lists them at 16"/65. The shortest you can get the Mark 3 is 16"/52, which look markedly shorter than the Iowa guns.

Yeah I noticed that too. You basically cannot make historical BB guns right now (the majority were 45cal).

Edit.

Could anyone with access to the relevant 3d software check that the guns are actually the length of calibers that they claim to be?

Edited by Draco

4 hours ago, aznfoo said:

Is it just me or have the ship guns been aiming for the decks instead of the belt?

It feels completely random this patch. Couple patches ago, deck Vs belt hit chance was determined by angle of fall, but it seems this was scratched after 1.05 in favour of random chance, which means you get an unreal amount of deck hits at point blank range, and a ludicrous amount of belt hits at max range, which is a shame 😢

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Draco said:

It feels completely random this patch. Couple patches ago, deck Vs belt hit chance was determined by angle of fall, but it seems this was scratched after 1.05 in favour of random chance, which means you get an unreal amount of deck hits at point blank range, and a ludicrous amount of belt hits at max range, which is a shame 😢

It depends from the shell trajectories, if your shells are travelling with high arc they have more deck hits. As simple as that.

5 hours ago, neph said:

Playing as France in a war with Italy; still seems like VP reversal is rearing its head. Demolished a large fleet of theirs; they've got 20k VP to my 5k. Whoops :(

As I said earlier, the Reverse VP bug sometimes can be persistent

16 hours ago, ZorinW said:

It's only France left and they still ignore the peace agreement. 

In my current campaign Italy and Germany no longer exist and I still regularly get events for alliances or wars with one or the other, so I wouldn't be surprised if factions are still present enough in the background to mess with the alliance mechanics even after their elimination.

Do blockades currently even do anything?

I've had the UK and France under constant blockade for more than 20 years now and apart from regularly begging for peace and the occasional forced peace immediately followed by a new war declaration the next round they don't seem overly bothered by it.

Their economies certainly don't show any signs of collapse.