Game-Labs Forum

>>> Beta 1.06 Feedback<<< (FINAL UPDATE 6th Release Candidate)

4 hours ago, Aloeus said:

I just had the same thing happen. Agreed to peace with AH, ended turn, immediately went to war with them again. This has the annoying effect of resetting victory points. 

Was AUH in an alliance with someone who you are also at war with?

Because right now it seems the AI will always join their allies in war. So you make peace with one of two enemies. The next round that same nation goes "Oh the player is at war with my ally. I'm going to join that war".

Because the same happens to not just enemies, but also allies of the player as well. I already had multiple instances where my AI ally sued for peace with the enemy, only to declare war the very next round.

It'd be nice if alliances sued for peace together... or alternatively if only one of multiple alliies wants a seperate peace without their ally agreeing, it'll dissolve the alliance.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lima said:

Problem - war immediately starts after the peace agreement

I started French campaign again after update 11. I declared war on AH and Germany, and did not enter into an alliance. Austria was the first to offer peace, I agreed. Messages "War continues" came out next turn, then Germany offered peace. I also agreed, and on the next turn, I received reports that Germany had declared war on me, and VP were reset. To check, I tried again to make peace with AH, the same thing happened as with Germany.

Then I made an alliance with England and Italy, we together 2 times sought to make peace with AH and Germany, but on the next turn the war started again.

In general, I was happy with the war with them, they had very good ships (also design of the ships in the latest updates is pretty solid).

However, there is a problem, and in my Britain campaing it was repeated - Germany declares war immediately after the peace.

5 hours ago, Aloeus said:

I just had the same thing happen. Agreed to peace with AH, ended turn, immediately went to war with them again. This has the annoying effect of resetting victory points. 

I agree with you two.

This VP reset bug after agreeing peace with enemy country and they declare war on us after the peace deal is very annoying, it should be fix this issue, so the enemy countries after agreed for peace to end the war won't be able to declare war on us. Because declaring war on us after the country agrees with peace treaty is not fair

I have this strange thing here: I want to get ships into the mediteranean to defend my convoys because its getting unbearable after AH + ITA joined on germanys side.

Ofc every time I send a task fore to an harbour (read down below if you are having your ships scattered) it gets forced into a battle and sent back to the homeport and usually has to also spent a month of repairing. That is unfortunate but not the problem. I wanted to increase my chances of getting ships through with sending two groups, in a more defensive stance and lower repair priority.

If I set my ships to:

protect it displays invade as selected stance.

invade it displays this limited

and sea control is just sea control.

So I have no idea what the hell I have actually selected or should select for what I am trying to do.

nLcshEn.png

Unreleated but people have complained about ships being scattered after every battle: Most of the time I have noticed ships have a "homeport" especially if they went there as a task force. Everytime they are somehow draged into a battle they will return there for repairs, which if you just tried to organise your fleet means, you are back to square one. You should allready try, when building ships, to assign a sensible spawn/homeport. That way if it gets pulled into a battle when, lets say try to join a taskforce at sea or partisipating in a battle due to being in another port and sea controlling, it doesnt get sent back ages away.

Edited by havaduck
  • Like 1

This is unrelated to bugs but

15 hours ago, o Barão said:

Small bug report

llDEhWo.jpg

Gun stats panel position issue. (update 10)

may I ask wheter you are using some kind of reshading or something, because It doesnt look like that (especially the water) for me (maxed out setting) and it kinda wold like to give this look a try.

54 minutes ago, havaduck said:

This is unrelated to bugs but may I ask wheter you are using some kind of reshading or something, because It doesnt look like that (especially the water) for me (maxed out setting) and it kinda wold like to give this look a try.

Yes, it is a reshade I made for UA:D

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1069660/discussions/0/5116650215577174875/

Download and place the content in the game directory, and you are ready to go. 😉✌️

To uninstall, just delete the files.

Edited by o Barão
  • Thanks 1

An update: Did quite some battles against both germany and the italians. Fronts are like this:

GB and I (the French) are not allied but the enemy of my enemy is my friend so mixd battles against the germans are a thing and work well.

The germans are in mutal alliance web with the Italians and AH.

Now this is both a bug ofc, but not serious because I think/feel the goal of this update was to kill of the reverse VP bug, and that works, wars ending and resetting is probably not the goal of this fixes as of yet, and thats ok but ofc an issue that should be tackled later on.

0diqVzj.jpg

Save sent.

Another issue is still crew training. The AI has like always exhausted their pools, but at least the did build a shitton of ships.

jCkhjrT.png

but even I have the same problem. I got 8 new battlships (each requiring nearly a 1.000 crew!) comming in 4 months and I might be BEARLY able to scrape enough crew togheter to man them, and that is with 100 % crew training. Also battle casulties are a thing. I dont have huge losses but if I loose around a 100 men in one of the huge battles that are raging every turn, I loose basically half of the crew training of that particular month.

Like I said, these sliders need to be able to go up to retardedly high levels with non linear costs, so that you are basically only able to exhaust them in theory but are limited by reason and in cost.

Edited by havaduck
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, havaduck said:

Another issue is still crew training. The AI has like always exhausted their pools, but at least the did build a shitton of ships.

jCkhjrT.png

but even I have the same problem. I got 8 new battlships (each requiring nearly a 1.000 crew!) comming in 4 months and I might be BEARLY able to scrape enough crew togheter to man them, and that is with 100 % crew training. Also battle casulties are a thing. I dont have huge losses but if I loose around a 100 men in one of the huge battles that are raging every turn, I loose basically half of the crew training of that particular month.

Like I said, these sliders need to be able to go up to retardedly high levels with non linear costs, so that you are basically only able to exhaust them in theory but are limited by reason and in cost.

In fairness atm the stated number of crew seems to be irrelevant. I launched 3 bb with only 12 people in the crew pool and still was able to fully crew them (they will launch as mothballed but u can add the crew) it seems crew training tab is mainly just upping the skill level (to veteran which doesn't seem right) also if u need crew there is a little cheeky exploit, just lay down say 10 bb then scrap them at 0% and there crew will be added to the pool it gives u like 10-12k crew lol

• Like 2

Some thoughts

There is something going on between turns that is causing it to either lock up or take more than 2 minutes after you hit the next button,  You have to exit out of the game and re launch to get past it,  This is annoying when your trying to just increase your tech and not at war with anybody.

The VP Bug (For the Germans anyway) seems to be fixed for now.  I have played two full campaigns as the Germans and not encountered it.

I am not sure what got changed to cause this but I am hitting smaller ships with large guns multiple times.  Getting thousands of HP damage popping up and they aren't sinking.  If 7 16" armed battlecruisers hit 1 DD with 10-15 16" shells all at the same time that DD should sink immediately (this was happening before.  I love the animation where the DD still going forward noses over and drives itself under)  Same with CAs or CLs.  Hit them HARD go and look and they are hardly scratched.

Something that is greatly effecting gameplay for me is that after war is declared there are several BIG battles and then the AI is out of ships and can't build anymore capital ships.  After the first war there is no recovery for the AI and it never comes back.  This is on Legendary mode not the other levels.  I love having to manage the tech tree and refit the ships with newer technology but there is very little point after the first war since the AI never recovers to a level it can pose a threat.  I am designing smaller and smaller ships just to increase playability and mothballing the fleet I started with (I start off building only large ships since the smaller ships, if needed, can be built much quicker during the game)

I am not sure what you can do about it.  Maybe reduce the AI's build time on Legendary?  Maybe give them more resources to start?  The only issue with that is if you give them to many resources at the start of the game they would immediately blockade you.  This isn't necessarily bad since it's realistic but after you sink enough of the enemy to get out of being blockaded then it needs to drop the blockade immediately.   The better resources at the start also need to not just be targets or at least be targets while the AI is building more effective ships.

I cringe every time a Torpedo is going to hit my ship now.  It's almost a 50/50 chance of a magazine explosion.  This should be dialed down.  None of the US Battleship at Pearl Harbor suffered from magazine explosions even though hit by MANY torps.  I can't think of a single time a Battleship of any nation blew up after a torpedo hit.  They blow up after they capsize or on the way down.

On a more lighthearted note, I find it unfortunate that on refit my old pre-deadnought Battleship 1 can only fit a single quad 15" in the back, because the front slot can only take up to a tripple 13" as the biggest. :P

On a somewhat related and more serious note: Why are quad turrets only available from 14" up (plus some secondaries) anyway?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

Yes, it is a reshade I made for UA:D

Thanks, looking forward to try it the next time I fire up the game!

36 minutes ago, Danz_Von_Luck said:

In fairness atm the stated number of crew seems to be irrelevant.

Thanks! Apparently I still make the error of thinking that if a mechanic is implemented and the game is telling me about, it is actually working/mattering. lol.

14 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- Fixed issue that could cause battles to start too close in campaign (Needs testing).

With the newest hotfix:

TwWkhAB.png

Savefile sent.

Edited by havaduck
  • Like 1

I was wondering why the British weren't building any BBs and CAs anymore and churned out solely CL and DD... but now I know why.

By mousing over their ports I found they had 126 finished BBs scattered all over their ports on the main island (though none in Ireland, Malta or Cyprus). Since their current crew-pool on the politics screen is at 1, it would appear they are all out of crew, forcing all those ships into mothball.

They also have ridiculous numbers of mothballed CAs and smaller ships, which go well beyond their port capacities and thus like cost them a fortune each month and yet they barely ever scrap any ships.

In Liverpool for exmaple, where they have 26 BB, 11 CA, 66 CL, 20 DD and 8 TB they are at 735,099 tonns in a port with 13,304 capacity. How much over-capacity penalty does that make? No wonder the AI is constantly near bankrupcy.

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 4

Academy mission "Speed basics 1"

"Enemy has a 25knots speed"

jAQ2azl.jpg

The enemy: Don't believe in everything you read B)

Academy mission "Speed basics 2"

"Build a fast moving cruiser to destroy an escaping destroyer"

n5zsY3a.jpg

Ath9jcL.jpg

The player: Who needs speed if you have 2 inch long barrels? 😁

Maybe should be better to rework the ships starting positions in this mission to force the player to build a fast cruiser to win the mission.

Edited by o Barão
  • Thanks 1

I can confirm the instant back to war bug.  I thought it was because I had my ships in their territory but this time I had them well away from the coast and it was like "We surrender"  "Accept"  "WAR!!!"

Also I get why a battleship is easier to see from a distance than a destroyer.  What I don't get is why a destroyer remains under stealth when it opens up on a battleship.  You would think the bright flashes and smoke and shells whizzing by overhead would give the optics on a battleship some idea of where to look.

BTW I checked.  Average height from the waterline to the radar mast on USS Texas (Last remaining dreadnought) was ~130 feet.  Distance to the horizon at that height above sea level is ~15 miles or ~22KMs.  The smaller ships should be able to sneak up on larger ships within reason especially at night.  They shouldn't be allowed to get into Torpedo range firing the entire time before being spotted.  

Lastly please make it so we can refit the ships while they are building.  It take 2+ years to build a battleship and I make many technology improvements but I have to immediately refit the ships (Including things like powerplants and guns which might take an additional 10 months) before they are ready for action?

Edited by jtjohn1

16 minutes ago, jtjohn1 said:

Also I get why a battleship is easier to see from a distance than a destroyer.  What I don't get is why a destroyer remains under stealth when it opens up on a battleship.  You would think the bright flashes and smoke and shells whizzing by overhead would give the optics on a battleship some idea of where to look.

Because UAD currently uses a ridiculously gamey spotting system that relies almost entirely on arbitrary values attached to "more advanced" towers. It is completely divorced from reality and has nothing to do with how ships would actually be visually sighted. Smoke on the horizon, or masts, would always be there. Better, newer, and bigger optics simply made it easier to hit that which was already visible. This is a long-standing complaint that many people on this forum have had for ages. The devs have made some remarks about one day changing this, particularly after weather and visuals that affect accuracy are finally modeled, but I wouldn't hold my breath...

Edited by Littorio
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Was AUH in an alliance with someone who you are also at war with?

Because right now it seems the AI will always join their allies in war. So you make peace with one of two enemies. The next round that same nation goes "Oh the player is at war with my ally. I'm going to join that war".

Because the same happens to not just enemies, but also allies of the player as well. I already had multiple instances where my AI ally sued for peace with the enemy, only to declare war the very next round.

It'd be nice if alliances sued for peace together... or alternatively if only one of multiple alliies wants a seperate peace without their ally agreeing, it'll dissolve the alliance.

Absolutely right. When I am at war with an opponent who is not part of an alliance, a peace treaty can be concluded. Tested about a dozen times.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is simply a strange version of the swapped VP bug or something new entirely but...

Or3lV8h.png

PXlKWZo.png

What the hell happened here? This is a clear victory for the British. I have 4 surviving battleships vs Germany with a slaughtered fleet. Yet the game counts this as a defeat. The reason I don't immediately attribute this to the reverse VP bug is because even with the points swapped, they don't make any sense. Where did 7000 odd points come from? Assume the points were swapped, and Germany earned 7307 points vs my 11435. How did they get so many points? They killed a few hundred crew and sunk... nothing. Meanwhile, the side who sunk 15 ships and killed thousands doesn't even double that number.

Not sure what happened, but it definitely isn't intended.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Has there been any word on improvements to hardpoints for placing small barbettes and secondaries? There seems to be both a freeplace system where you can place wherever there is room... and also a hardpoint system which is very poorly implemented and teh snap to hardpoint overrides freeplace meaning that on ships especially near the superstructure despite there being place for a gun or a gun on a barbette it cannot physically be placed since it snaps to an awkwardly located hardpoint that's just baked into the hull. 

• Like 3

Could we maybe make the Random AI Opponent setting actually work properly? At best it only changes the relationships by a few points, and the overall political landscape remains the same (and questionably accurate for 1890...). My expectation when clicking that is to get something completely random, like Austria and German at each other's throats or England and France ready to go at it again.

yfStyG0.jpg

@Nick Thomadis well done!! There is finally a reason to use barbettes and citadel components on capital ships.✌️

In this case, I wasn't using any barbette armor or citadel. A shell pen the aft deck armor.  The explosion connected with the unprotected magazine.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Max Sin said:

Hmm, from the very beginning of the campaign (1890), the Austro-Hungarian Empire builds a large number of ships, but for some reason does not use them.

Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts Screenshot 2022.06.12 - 01.04.31.55.png

That's not something unique to Austria-Hungary, but something all AI seems to be suffering from at the moment.

The AI will churn out as many ships as they have money for, but their crew-recruitment can't keep up, so they end up with massive piles of uncrewed ships in mothballs, clogging up their ports and draining money from the over-capacity penalty.

In my current campaign as Austria-Hungary, the UK has 126 battleships in mothballs, but only a couple CL and DD in active service. And when I check the politics tab, their current naval funds are always around-about the same as their naval budget, meaning that they blow their monthly income in it's entirety the very moment they get it.

With Autria-Hungary is probably more visible since they have only 3 ports, where the other nations can spread their mothballed piles out over more ports.

Edited by Norbert Sattler
  • Like 1

Perhaps now I have some explanations of what is happening with the prize ships. Well, I beat AH so hard that they imposed peace, took away all their ships.

8awfsVzX.png

Then I discovered that most of the ships are in my ports in a state of "building". They are not displayed in the general fleet list.

k28LLqPS.png

I went to the menu and went back in, they began to appear in the general list of the fleet.

KkN1Vy69.png

What a joke the AH played on me, I now have to pay for what I can't modernize.

• Like 1

@Nick Thomadis lately there has been some interesting talk with other players, about the engine efficiency in the steam forum. With players defending that with the current mechanics, it is not worth it to have a great EE engine. And there are some good points. The gun accuracy is better, and the range penalty is not relevant for the campaign, atm? There is the slow acceleration, but the difference is also minimal in some situations. So I decided to run a little test.

w7SVFjP.jpg

51 knots, 100% EE engine.  ok

doRa7mW.jpg

Same hull, but now with only 21% EE engine. Almost the same thing.

7PPcG31.jpg

It seems the issue is the fact, -9% beam to 0% beam gives a +45% bonus to acceleration.

Maybe is possible to consider lowering the bonus value for the acceleration in the beam slider?

As a side note: If I go to 10% beam I still get 36% bonus to acceleration. So is always a positive value.

Edited by o Barão
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Schmitty21 said:

Could we maybe make the Random AI Opponent setting actually work properly? At best it only changes the relationships by a few points, and the overall political landscape remains the same (and questionably accurate for 1890...). My expectation when clicking that is to get something completely random, like Austria and German at each other's throats or England and France ready to go at it again.

I thought I had read on here somewhere that the Random setting was for combat tactics in battle mode, not the campaign itself.