Game-Labs Forum

Community Q&A by Stealth17 Gaming

Nick Thomadis

<< Question Time Stamps >>

1:22 Will BBs and cruisers have scout planes?

2:30 Will there be multiplayer?

2:50 Will you be able to design your entire fleet and the enemy's fleet?

3:18 Will there be maps with island and terrain?

4:01 When will quad turrets be implemented?

4:14 Will ships' firing abilities be affected with listing?

5:07 Biggest gun caliber?

5:42 Largest hull/displacement?

6:22 Will you be able to do completely free sandbox battles like Yamato vs Monitor?

6:56 Will carriers be implemented?

9:16 Will anti air/dual purpose guns be implemented?

9:44 How are submarines going to be implemented?

11:43 When will subs be implemented?

12:03 Will there be more torpedo boat hulls?

12:31 Plans for modular hulls?

13:48 Plans for coastal defense ships?

14:24 What ships classes will have depth charges?

15:05 Will ships with sonar/hydro be able to spot submarines?

15:43 How will the campaign be set up, as in historical or sandbox-y?

17:39 Will ship refits be possible?

17:48 When will the game be fully released?

19:18 Will there be modding support?

19:36 Will there be a way of implementing the Steam Workshop?

21:17 Will there be more factions?

22:26 How long are you planning on supporting the game?

23:42 Are you aware of the problem with US BB towers?

24:21 Will nations have flavors to them i.e regarding the weapons?

25:47 Will replay saving/sharing be a feature?

27:19 Will there be plans for the timeline beyond 1940?

28:11 Will there be an Ultimate Admiral: Modern Ships or something?

29:04 Will there be a "save ship blueprint/design" feature?

30:14 Will there be a feature to share ship design via Steam?

31:56 Will there be a Mac version?

32:08 Will there be more calibers?

33:09 Will there be an "Abandon Ship" feature?

34:13 Final price of the game?

34:38 Will there be an armor viewer?

35:15 Will the damage saturation issue be solved?

• Like 11

I like the answers so far, sound pretty good. Defo listen to feedback for sure. @1MajorKoenig Might have to wait for awhile for dem carriers to fly in. But alot of the answers to the questions seem pretty sound so far.

Wish weegee looked at feedback and provided better detailing back rather than 'wE mIgHt iMpLEmeNt iT' or something along those lines.

13 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

sound pretty good

Except for “distance terrain” and ”no sailing between islands”, this means no coastal maps or anything to do with shore bombardment.

So no shore bombardment, which historically everyone knows about the Gallipoli campaign, a mayor shore bombardment in support of troops, including an early attempted run through the Dardanelles targeting shore emplacements. Also my first google search found ‘Scarborough Bombardment’, on 16 Dec 1914 two German battleships, Derfflinger and Von der Tann, bombarded Yorkshire for half an hour, Killing 17, followed by attacks on Scarborough, Hartlepool and Whitbykilling 137 and 592 casualties, there’s a reasonable amount of history regrading this.

I do not understand excluding shore bombardment, this is going to cut an significant aspect out of the game, out of a historical themed game.

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

Except for “distance terrain” and ”no sailing between islands”, this means no coastal maps or anything to do with shore bombardment.

Also they said "shore bombardment is not historical”, which is very funny/weird since everyone knows about the Gallipoli campaign, a mayor shore bombardment in support of troops, including attempted run through the Dardanelles targeting shore emplacements. Also my first google search found ‘Scarborough Bombardment’, on 16 Dec 1914 two German battleships, Derfflinger and Von der Tann, bombarded Yorkshire for half an hour, killing 17.

I do not understand excluding shore bombardment, this is going to cut an significant aspect out of the game, out of a historical themed game.

Which is a shame really as rule the waves had shore bombardment as well.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Shaftoe said:

No, which is why I bothered to re-post timestamps here. You can click on any, and it will take you straight to that moment of the video.

Thanks for the timestamps. I had already watched the video. I see the timestamps in the comments there, too.

I was more wondering if the video's creator had posted a script somewhere -- he appears to be reading from one. This would make it easier to reference.

2 hours ago, Skeksis said:

shore bombardment is not historical

When was this said?  I could only find the statement about “distant” land / islands, which may have been a response to an assumed request for WoW style nonsense, where ships are cruising around through narrow channels and using islands like FPS cover objects.  That they noted that the underwater topography would have been more of a constraint than the actual shoreline would suggest that might be the case.

Hopefully they are not saying that land will just be an ever-retreating  skybox visual effect that has no tactical influence on battles whatsoever.

Edited by akd

On 8/31/2020 at 8:23 AM, akd said:

saying that land will just be a skybox visual effect

That’s exactly my interpretation.

As for the 'not historical' post...

What was said:
"there will be distance terrain, ships will not battle in amidst dense islands in danger to run aground because this rarely happen in the games the historical time frame".

Looks like all I heard was 'this rarely happen historically' and then without a blink dreamed up no historical bombardment, they didn't actual say bombardment wasn't historical, my apologies. I've corrected my previous post but the overall grievance still stands.

Edited by Skeksis

5 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

I like the answers so far, sound pretty good. Defo listen to feedback for sure. @1MajorKoenig Might have to wait for awhile for dem carriers to fly in. But alot of the answers to the questions seem pretty sound so far.

Wish weegee looked at feedback and provided better detailing back rather than 'wE mIgHt iMpLEmeNt iT' or something along those lines.

Haha touché 🙂

However I am not just a big fan of planes and carriers but at least equally  ola dreadnought fan 🙂

I am not in a hurry to see carriers here although I am not opposing the idea entirely for later tech stages. However the focus here is true Dreadnought vs Dreadnought interaction so let’s get that awesome first 🥳

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Donluca95 said:

Really sad and disappointed by some of the choices of the developers .
And i'm sure a lot of people will not agree with me but i was just want to point out my opinion.

Well they do need the campaign to come out first, once thats been fleshed out they pretty open to getting to gripes with the other stuff which make sense. Better to get bigger stuff done first and done well as that leaves more time for smaller things.

Especially since game design is very time consuming.

4 hours ago, lordcmdr said:

Yeah, I get it but I think the campaign was the wrong choice first. It should have been deliver a full working sandbox, campaign second.

UAD team is pinning everything on the campaign, maybe too much.

IMO, the sandbox aka Custom Battles is a huge asset to this game, just look at what CCs have produced so far and that’s just on the first draft of Custom Battles.

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, Skeksis said:

UAD team is pinning everything on the campaign, maybe too much.

IMO, the sandbox aka Custom Battles is a huge asset to this game, just look at what CCs have produced so far and that’s just on the first draft of Custom Battles.

I agree while that the campaign is important, this game is a sandbox and a designer first and foremost too be honest. Im glad its going in that direction as well since it can offer a stupid amount of replayability. Basically modding would need to be a thing for this game allowing peeps to add in special effects, different textures, turrets, superstructures, guns, barrels, camo schemes, modules (models or simple upgrades), text effects, music and sound, missions, maps etc.

Would offer a huge amount of replayability, but we will have to wait for that after the campaign. Also i hope they add quintuple turrets, 22 inch guns, reverse gear and triple superfiring for barneh.

• Like 5

I don't use random battles AT ALL, as I have ZERO interest in fighting battles without objectives/broader context.

Which means I am one person who is entirely in favour of the Campaign being done.

Indeed, without the campaign I've no interest in the game any longer until they make the changes that really are of great importance, which is to say the underlying mechanics (as many of us have been saying for 6+ months).

So for me the ONLY things I want are the campaign and major overhaul of the core mechanics that clearly are incomplete/missing entirely.

Of those, I'd rank the core mechanics as THE most crucial.

Why? Because, as I've said often enough, I have little interest in fighting battles where I know it boils down to who has more ships with MAX bulkhead, for example.

Random battles, scenarios OR campaign, none of them matter if one side has MIN bulkhead capital ships while the other has MANY or MAX because I know FOR A FACT the latter will be the side that wins, and wins easily.

And that's just ONE of the things that need addressing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steeltrap said:

I don't use random battles AT ALL, as I have ZERO interest in fighting battles without objectives/broader context.

Which means I am one person who is entirely in favour of the Campaign being done.

Indeed, without the campaign I've no interest in the game any longer until they make the changes that really are of great importance, which is to say the underlying mechanics (as many of us have been saying for 6+ months).

So for me the ONLY things I want are the campaign and major overhaul of the core mechanics that clearly are incomplete/missing entirely.

Of those, I'd rank the core mechanics as THE most crucial.

Why? Because, as I've said often enough, I have little interest in fighting battles where I know it boils down to who has more ships with MAX bulkhead, for example.

Random battles, scenarios OR campaign, none of them matter if one side has MIN bulkhead capital ships while the other has MANY or MAX because I know FOR A FACT the latter will be the side that wins, and wins easily.

And that's just ONE of the things that need addressing.

Not the only one. Now if they add the ability to save designs, design more than one ship, and design the enemy side Custom Battle would have far more appeal to me. 

• Like 3

On 8/29/2020 at 2:31 PM, Shaftoe said:

<< Question Time Stamps >>

1:22 Will BBs and cruisers have scout planes?

2:30 Will there be multiplayer?

2:50 Will you be able to design your entire fleet and the enemy's fleet?

3:18 Will there be maps with island and terrain?

4:01 When will quad turrets be implemented?

4:14 Will ships' firing abilities be affected with listing?

5:07 Biggest gun caliber?

5:42 Largest hull/displacement?

6:22 Will you be able to do completely free sandbox battles like Yamato vs Monitor?

6:56 Will carriers be implemented?

9:16 Will anti air/dual purpose guns be implemented?

9:44 How are submarines going to be implemented?

11:43 When will subs be implemented?

12:03 Will there be more torpedo boat hulls?

12:31 Plans for modular hulls?

13:48 Plans for coastal defense ships?

14:24 What ships classes will have depth charges?

15:05 Will ships with sonar/hydro be able to spot submarines?

15:43 How will the campaign be set up, as in historical or sandbox-y?

17:39 Will ship refits be possible?

17:48 When will the game be fully released?

19:18 Will there be modding support?

19:36 Will there be a way of implementing the Steam Workshop?

21:17 Will there be more factions?

22:26 How long are you planning on supporting the game?

23:42 Are you aware of the problem with US BB towers?

24:21 Will nations have flavors to them i.e regarding the weapons?

25:47 Will replay saving/sharing be a feature?

27:19 Will there be plans for the timeline beyond 1940?

28:11 Will there be an Ultimate Admiral: Modern Ships or something?

29:04 Will there be a "save ship blueprint/design" feature?

30:14 Will there be a feature to share ship design via Steam?

31:56 Will there be a Mac version?

32:08 Will there be more calibers?

33:09 Will there be an "Abandon Ship" feature?

34:13 Final price of the game?

34:38 Will there be an armor viewer?

35:15 Will the damage saturation issue be solved?

Huh my timestamp made it to the forums. Nice.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...