Game-Labs Forum

Beat to quarters: Port battles return to War Server

admin

Having owned the game for many years and only recently started playing again I can't see how these changes together really help anyone other than the super rich and well established players. New players just wont bother sticking around with so much grind ahead, and why bother doing Trinc fleets now if all you need is masses of money to buy the best wood?

Oh boy.. stop messing with everything at the same time please.

The new wood stats, okay. But why the price changes? It does not even make sense if you are the owner of the forest and paying the workers.. Why should a live Oak log be so much more expensive? EDIT: I actually like the higher wood prices in the ports. But not the price for extraction of the wood at a forest. If the prices for extraction went back to the old ones and the prices in the ports stayed i'd actually appreciate it as players could make money by extracting resources and selling them directly to the port where others can buy them. Would reduce the need for contracts and remove a bit of money from the game due to taxes. Not an infinite loop either due to being limited by labor hours. EDIT END

And about MMO progression: Naval action is no MMO. 700-1000 players peak is nowhere near "massive". NOBODY was of the opinion the game needed more grind and crafted ships should be made harder to obtain. We've already been there that a decent ship wars really hard to obtain and luckily moved away from it. PvP increased, happiness of the average/casual players increased, dread of loss decreased. Now it's all going back. Why?

On another note: could you maybe fix Basic Hooks and Hooks at some point? I already reported it ingame a few times.
It does not make any sense that Basic Hooks are better than Hooks while with every other upgrade "basic" means a lesser quality = worse stats...

Edited by Mormegil

2 hours ago, admin said:

заработок тут не причем. Бочки возить не надо - надо идти в пвп. Убийство триньки в среднем дает 1323 дублона если продавать дублоны по 133, то можно торговать реже. 

I'm new to the game, and my chances of winning weren't great in PvP. Now the chances of winning using a cheap tree will tend to zero. Accordingly, I won't be able to earn enough doubloons to craft good wood. As a result, I will have to transport more goods and barrels to return to the previous state of relatively experienced players who will have ships of higher quality wood. 🙂

The Devs have no connect to the players. I don't know why this game is being made grind heavy/ PVE oriented. We have very few sources of making money as it is. All trade goods are bought out and we never get to buy them. What purpose are you serving by driving players away??? There used to be over 1,000 players at peak time when I started playing a few months ago. Why do you drive away players from this game? By making things so expensive, you will leave this game to a handful of players and their alts. If you want to make woods expensive, at least give us the means to be able to make more money! 

15 minutes ago, kapteinsnabeltann said:

Problem for us that only has one account, a lot of work for little fun 😅

thank god for dlc!

This right here is exactly the attitude these development changes are meant to prey on. It's disappointing to see.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

To extract 1 teak log now cost 500 reals. Same for Locus, White Oak and I guess Sabicu. Live Oak is 1000 reals per log! Cost of crafting ships just skyrocketed! 

Why did you decide to do this? As far as I'm aware this was not necessary or asked for by the players. The reals grind behind crafted ships just increased massively unless you just craft fir/fir or Oak/Oak ships..  

@admin 

I second this.
It was already a ton of grindy trade-play and now that's worse.
I feel like I spent around $200 USD to have the worst parts of this game be pushed to the forefront.

I'm saving up doubloons for a level 3 shipyard but now I don't know if I even want to bother. Some of the new woods are in the game, but not farmable yet. It doesn't even make sense to go collect 217 at a time when they're 10000 reals each.
I don't understand how wood prices could be so outrageous -it's just so much more of a grind now. I have all the DLCs I wanted... and I'm not going to buy the Vic DLC.
I've worked hard to get to max rank and develop my resources to the point where I can make decent enough ships, cannons, some repairs but with the lack of ship permits around and the added cost of ALL the wood I just don't understand.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cathal Brugha said:

Grind grind grind.

Have the devs ever even acknowledged the grind anywhere? It is one of the biggest complaints, and yet they just make it worse, along with the farcical ingame economy.

Seriously... who has 40-50h a week to spend in this game grinding out resources???

For anyone who has less than a full time job's worth of time to play this, we're all stuck having to transport materials around for the few hours a day we can get away and play.

496n4d.jpg

• Like 3

Maybe the grind is so high because it encourages players to go buy a DLC they can just make whenever they like and even stick up to three in a fleet to have a FLEET of those DLCs.

Still no fix to the "once daily" DLC bug that lets people crank out one per day on top of the ones they already have. I'd rather the break up pay be higher or the salvage be of better value than be able to fleet them and make more while I already have one.
We get four stone block and an oak log usually, or something as useless when we break them up.

The grind is too high... it just is.

8 minutes ago, DDZ_Vasduten said:

Still no fix to the "once daily" DLC bug that lets people crank out one per day on top of the ones they already have.

Wait, what? I am unable to. If I try it tells me I can't because I have the ship in the docks already.

Yes, I have some DLC ships, because I like the ships they are. It really sucks that the nice frigates are all DLC or extremely super rare permit or "reserved for special 'events'" nonsense. I don't mean nice as in strongest or best, I mean look nice, and sail and fight good.

I would love to be able to craft the Diana or Santa Cecilia.

Edited by Cathal Brugha

Yes nice ! Lets make this game just a simple grinder where people are forced to "waste" alot of time with trades and other stuff to get money for their ships , so whoever waste more time into this game will be better cause he just sails a better ship.

And once more people gets kicked into the direction to buy the dlc´s so they could have fun ( mostly for 1 battle) to sail 3rd redoutable or the beloved 1st victory while other grinder sailing build overgeared ships which blasts everything else.

congratz on your ~500 + - 200 alts community again btw forgot to say that after we started with 1200 and came back to 500 cause of the grind.

This game is called to be released and still RvR, PvP, Pve are just the playgrounds of admins which implement changes every week , so still an Alpha?

Edited by [TOXIC] LoneHunter
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, [TOXIC] LoneHunter said:

This game is called to be released and still RvR, PvP, Pve are just the playgrounds of admins which implement changes every week , so still an Alpha?

This is called an evolving game. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cathal Brugha said:

Have the devs ever even acknowledged the grind anywhere?

Grind is good. It should be in all games with progression. 

Crew will have progression and player character will have some skills as well that will level up perks. Workers will be hired, and will require accommodations just like crew. The empire is on the verge of success. Soon peace and order will be restored throughout the galaxy.

PS. Chance of wind shadow 33% (up from 3%)

1 minute ago, admin said:

Grind is good. Soon crew will have progression and player character will have some skills as well that will level up perks. Workers can be hired and ships will be crafted on timers (instead of instaclicks. This is how it should be.

BUT WE DID NOT ASK FOR IT. Nobody did.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, admin said:

This is called an evolving game. 

How about you play your own game from 0 in a non popular nation to build up your account so you can sail and build 1st rates alone. I would like to see that , cause it´s nearly impossible for  newcommers which play alone mostly from start on.

Your so called evolved game is just 500 players strong again, and the "naval action" went into "naval boredom" again.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, admin said:

Grind is good. Soon crew will have progression and player character will have some skills as well that will level up perks. Workers can be hired and ships will be crafted on timers (instead of instaclicks. This is how it should be.

Thats why arcade games are more popular cause you dont need to grind to have fun , the only thing you grind there is lvl´s for new vehicles/.... whatever

9 minutes ago, [TOXIC] LoneHunter said:

How about you play your own game from 0 in a non popular nation to build up your account so you can sail and build 1st rates alone. I would like to see that , cause it´s nearly impossible for  newcommers which play alone mostly from start on.

Your so called evolved game is just 500 players strong again, and the "naval action" went into "naval boredom" again.

30 mln real first rate is more proper than 600k first rate.
Some newcomers come, some stay, those who stay need multiple goals. 600k first rate is not a goal. Those who cannot learn to shoot guns without instructions and cant learn basic controls themselves without chewing little details for them - They are not even sent to open world thanks to new mission design and are cut off at the door. This is a harsh world. Not for everyone.

Thanks for attention.