Game-Labs Forum

Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts - Steam Release Plan Update

Ink

13 minutes ago, shieldy44 said:

o trust me i have read page after page of the same people crying about the same stuff over and over plenty, but you have a good one there guy

If people are crying over and over again for the same stuff during the development of a game. It's probably because this "stuff" is not there or doesn't work. A better armor model is basically something some of these "crying guys" are asking for since.. Well, the moment they realized it wasn't there. Armor model is needed in UA:D if we want a semblance of realism.

Even if I wasn't always happy about the way this feedback was delivered, you can't say it was just pages of "cry". A critic is still a feedback, it's even more valid if it is backed with evidence in game, like it generaly was.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Tousansons said:

If people are crying over and over again for the same stuff during the development of a game. It's probably because this "stuff" is not there or doesn't work. A better armor model is basically something some of these "crying guys" are asking for since.. Well, the moment they realized it wasn't there. Armor model is needed in UA:D if we want a semblance of realism.

Even if I wasn't always happy about the way this feedback was delivered, you can't say it was just pages of "cry". A critic is still a feedback, it's even more valid if it is backed with evidence in game, like it generaly was.

Shhhhh you heard the boy. We aren't allowed to to criticize or give feedback any more/s

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tousansons said:

I would also say, in addition to missing mechanics, that if more and more people are starting to complain then perhaps the mechanics are in contrast to the pitch or description of the game. Which on the steam page is "extremely in depth realistic combat model" but we have something that's, in my opinion, starting to rival WoWS arcade. It's confusing and aggravating when I see the pitch clearly directed towards "realism" and the simulator crowd but then the game doesn't hold up.

Edited by Ruan
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Ruan said:

I would also say, in addition to missing mechanics, that if more and more people are starting to complain then perhaps the mechanics are in contrast to the pitch or description of the game. Which on the steam page is "extremely in depth realistic combat model" but we have something that's, in my opinion, starting to rival WoWS arcade. It's confusing and aggravating when I see the pitch clearly directed towards "realism" and the simulator crowd but then the game doesn't hold up.

Shhhhh! You heard what shieldy44 said, no crying/criticism allowed

1 hour ago, The Maned Wolf said:

Shhhhh! You heard what shieldy44 said, no crying/criticism allowed

You could not play his silly little game and give feedback and criticism. For all he knows he could just as easily be the minority. Regardless, there is nothing wrong with being upset about delays or directions of development and voicing that opinion. So long as your respectful about it.

10 hours ago, Ruan said:

You could not play his silly little game and give feedback and criticism. For all he knows he could just as easily be the minority. Regardless, there is nothing wrong with being upset about delays or directions of development and voicing that opinion. So long as your respectful about it.

Apologies. Sarcasm is hard to convey over the internet. I do not side with him and I was instead trying to mock his stance that valid criticism doesn't exist.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2020 at 12:24 PM, Ink said:

Admirals,

We would like to share with you the plans on the Steam release for UA: Dreadnoughts.

Game launch
The game will launch in Steam Early Access after Steam Summer Sale. Valve does not recommend launching during the Summer sale and we had to move the date from mid-summer to end July August. Estimated date 10th of August, the date depends on the Valve’s final approval of the store. But we are trying to push for an earlier date.

Price for Early Access Edition – 35 USD (with Steam regional pricing differences).

I like many others really want this title to work and would sooner the product be playable than rushed out... but, doesn't the steam summer sale end on the 9th July? Why the need for the extra month or is the summer sale cover for the product simply not being ready, in which case I would sooner them just be honest? 

• Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 5:02 PM, The_Real_Hawkeye said:

The Maned Wolf is right on this. 

The armor mechanics, the gunnery model, the economics of the campaign are all game mechanics.

The campaign itself, the Academy and the custom battles are all features.

To quote Durano, the Centauri Minister of Intelligence: If you can not say what you mean, you can never mean what you say.

can someone point me where I called the campaign a mechanic, outside of quoting Maned Wolf?

Because I only remember writing:

"the campaign and its mechanics".

Maybe some people should read the comments they try to correct.

8 hours ago, SiWi said:

can someone point me where I called the campaign a mechanic, outside of quoting Maned Wolf?

Because I only remember writing:

"the campaign and its mechanics".

Maybe some people should read the comments they try to correct.

If I misread your original post on that part then I do apologise for that, although that was more aimed at several other people who were indeed calling the campaign a core mechanic so you are massively incorrect on this one. And whilst I could make some retort to that, I promised not to argue with you again so I will simply ask that you do the same thing you said in the last sentence and look over what he was actually referring to where I wasn't correcting you but instead someone else who was indeed mistaking the two, I would also recommend properly reading over the points I brought up in my previous posts and at least try and take a balanced look at both sides.

Edited by The Maned Wolf

59 minutes ago, The Maned Wolf said:

If I misread your original post on that part then I do apologise for that, although that was more aimed at several other people who were indeed calling the campaign a core mechanic so you are massively incorrect on this one. And whilst I could make some retort to that, I promised not to argue with you again so I will simply ask that you do the same thing you said in the last sentence and look over what he was actually referring to where I wasn't correcting you but instead someone else who was indeed mistaking the two, I would also recommend properly reading over the points I brought up in my previous posts and at least try and take a balanced look at both sides.

you answering a post direct at me but mean other people, so I'm wrong assuming you mean me?

Yeah alright.

You recommending "to properly read" comments is a bit of a irony, given you didn't released that I was quoting you, about the part you then turned and complained. 

Edited by SiWi

38 minutes ago, SiWi said:

you answering a post direct at me but mean other people, so I'm wrong assuming you mean me?

Yeah alright.

You recommending "to properly read" comments is a bit of a irony, given you didn't released that I was quoting you, about the part you then turned and complained. 

When I say you're wrong, I mean in reference to the post you quoted rather than my own post which you referred to, I realise I did not make that clear enough. Also I told you to read because you're quoting a post that wasn't even about you, we had moved on from you at that point, nothing more needed to be said, I understood your points and your opinion and I respect it.

Edited by The Maned Wolf

On 7/3/2020 at 6:57 AM, QuentinQuarantino said:

I like many others really want this title to work and would sooner the product be playable than rushed out... but, doesn't the steam summer sale end on the 9th July? Why the need for the extra month or is the summer sale cover for the product simply not being ready, in which case I would sooner them just be honest? 

Probably the advice it so wait so long after because many gamers' coffers are depleted after the sale. And you don't want to release during the sale at full price either. Not for a few weeks before the sale, as people will save their money in anticipation of the big summer sale event.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 12:24 PM, Ink said:

Two nations first

my guess is that the nations are america and japan since they have the most ship parts and they both operated in same theatre. So now my question is, are we expecting more ship components for japan and USA for the near future?

2 hours ago, BobRoss0902 said:

No-one seems to be asking but can we get an update on those Steam keys?

xsolla access will be given to standard edition buyers first. There will be an announcement on monday about it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Joosterijk said:

So, is there any way to start playing the game now? I cant wait to start playing it, and i dont really care about how much it costs. is the early access link on the website still active?

Yes the 50$ edition is still there

Hi, Devs! 

What will be appr. price for CIS-based poor people? I wish, I could buy this game even now, but was one guy said in other thread, he could eat for this money for a month (I can relate and sign under every word he said). 

Kinda hyped for the game, but XSolla's pricing is a big barrier to get in for me (Shame on them, since XSolla is actually a russian made company)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2020 at 7:24 AM, Ink said:

Price for Early Access Edition – 35 USD (with Steam regional pricing differences).

Steam keys for Limited and Standard edition buyers
We are requesting keys from valve next week and will send them using the email you used to purchase the game through Xsolla. We will add an update to the forum, game launcher and Steam page when the keys will be sent out.
The keys we are sending will allow you to play the game once it launches on Steam (on release date). We tried to get the keys with the ability to access the game earlier than launch date, but unfortunately Valve no longer allows developers to let access to the game before launch due to abuse by some developers.

Xsolla availability
Once we start sending out Steam keys to all editions, the Xsolla store will close. Game will be available to buy again when it launches on Steam Early Access

Is the Early Access Edition still available?

• 1 month later...

Did anyone that purchased the alpha before steam get their steam key already? Did it get sent and when? I'm asking because I didn't get mine and I do not feel like spending another $30 for this game when I dropped $40-$50 to already to support the development of it.

4 hours ago, Slipshot said:

Did anyone that purchased the alpha before steam get their steam key already? Did it get sent and when? I'm asking because I didn't get mine and I do not feel like spending another $30 for this game when I dropped $40-$50 to already to support the development of it.

Hey there @Slipshot! The game is not on Steam yet. Nobody has a Steam key so far. All access is exclusively through the Xsolla launcher. A Steam Early Access launch is scheduled in a few months.