Game-Labs Forum

Swedish - Russian War

Liam790

53 minutes ago, Earl of Grey said:

Hey, only content we denied is beating up prussia after we lost the war. But according to many postings beating up dead nations isnt fun, so what content we denied in fact?

It takes two to tango, and since you don't seem to care about your ports (you left them by switching nation) then you could easily denied them content by just not showing up?. IF they would have taken your most valuable ports for ship crafting your decision would somewhat more, understandable (somewhat). Not only can you not attack any russian ports (most ports in the caribbean), you can no longer attack any russian players (most players are russians). Who are you going to fight with that most powerful PB clan?.. when no opponents left to remotely offer a challenge?. 

P.s

Understand this friendly mocking from my part. This most interesting going on forum right now😘

Edited by Tsiang Dao Ming

19 minutes ago, Tsiang Dao Ming said:

It takes two to tango, and since you don't seem to care about your ports (you left them by switching nation) then you could easily denied them content by just not showing up?. IF they would have taken your most valuable ports for ship crafting your decision would somewhat more, understandable (somewhat). Not only can you not attack any russian ports (most ports in the caribbean), you can no longer attack any russian players (most players are russians). Who are you going to fight with that most powerful PB clan?.. when no opponents left to remotely offer a challenge?. 

Well, you mentioned some true problems ... 

Just one thing: russia offered us No acceptable Peace. They said Peace is only possible If we disband Krake and every new clan with Cid as Leader will get attacked by russia in every nation ... 

What choice we had?

And beside this "Background information":

The two most powerful Clans an NA are sticking together in an alliance and Nation. If they dont decide to go Different ways nobody can save RvR ... Not the devs and not the small clans ...

GG Russia, you won! But now its time to disband and join other nations! 

1 hour ago, Earl of Grey said:

Just one thing: russia offered us No acceptable Peace. They said Peace is only possible If we disband Krake and every new clan with Cid as Leader will get attacked by russia in every nation ... 

if that is true russia should appoint a negotiator older then 12...🤣

1 hour ago, Earl of Grey said:

GG Russia, you won! But now its time to disband and join other nations! 

The game released with Russia being zerg nation and has been ever since, only difference is more and more clans joined them over time. So it got worse and worse. I am honestly surprised that at least one of their bigger clans didn't leave russia long ago (except Reds who i believe were in russ nation long before it became an rvr power), i thought players would roughly "balance" it up themselves. I was wrong.

KRAKEN deserves a little mocking (except from russians who should in regards to this be quiet and shamefully keep low profile). But maybe this is what game needs, ... maybe all should join Russ but not sure it would help. Maybe all would just start pve together like one big happy family and forget this actually pvp server.:).

Guess time will tell!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lord of Peckerville said:

Game Over. Time to reset the map. 

What will that achieve? All it will mean is a new rush for ports and a frantic couple of weeks doing AI port battles followed by the grind to rebuild by the end of which we are back in the same place.

Map wipes are not the solution, there needs to be another way to limit how big one nation can get and how much of the map they can control.

48 minutes ago, Archaos said:

What will that achieve? All it will mean is a new rush for ports and a frantic couple of weeks doing AI port battles followed by the grind to rebuild by the end of which we are back in the same place.

Map wipes are not the solution, there needs to be another way to limit how big one nation can get and how much of the map they can control.

doesn't matter what will be done, as we have "GAME OVER" for all Nations except Russia. and said often enough the "Nation Change DLC" is the problem here.

it makes it to easy to change nation and makes the game play unpredictable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Riot stick said:

Give them one more vote at the table if they do it or remove a vote if they don't something like that.

Then if a clan has no more votes it's declared rogue...

Voting does not work. It's corrupt per se. Player actions should matter, not other player's votes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cornelis Evertsen de Oude said:

So after Danish will get San Juan, is it open for the Swedes to take it. So Bocar cannot complain anymore it was done in any irregular way. Or are you gonna be 'protected by Russians' Where Krake can than come for you??

We fight those who hold SJ. That doesn't change.

16 minutes ago, Smoothie said:

Time for Naval Action 2. And to learn from the mistakes done with Naval Action.

Well good thing NA is still in EA where we're trying out new shit like tp'ing to PBs, bufffing every ship to frankenships so casuals gets even less incentive to play the game and every crafting ressource can be right next door to the crafting port -> less reason to sail the OW entirely.

Next game should just be a lobby-game, GL doesn't know how to make a proper sandbox game.

54 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

doesn't matter what will be done, as we have "GAME OVER" for all Nations except Russia. and said often enough the "Nation Change DLC" is the problem here.

it makes it to easy to change nation and makes the game play unpredictable.

The problem isn't the forger DLC - Only thing you get by forcing ppl to play in a dead/uncooperative/toxic/exclusionist nation or start over is that ppl stop playing. Remove the root cause for WHY ppl leave one nation and joins another.

I had an alt in GB once. It lasted less than 24 hours, one day with their national chat was more than enough - And this was back when GB owned half the map i.e. it's "glory" days.

Why play with ppl who doesn't want to play your game? - Allow ppl to leave for the gameplay they want, but don't force them to join a zerg to be able to play the game they like.

The problem is, and has always been, that there is no incentive to play a minor faction, but only advantages in playing the zerg. I didn't hear Sweden cry when they basically vassalized Denmark-Norway and reduced it's playerbase to PvE'ing. Don't bitch about the zerg, bitch about the fact that if you want to play all aspects of the game - crafting, trading, RvR, PvP, PvE - then you need to be in a zerg.

Map is not the problem, thus reset map is pointless and punishing for players that have invested time in the ports they have. I think we will see a rather peaceful pvp server a limited time until some clans get so bored that they un-zerg themselves. Once bored enough, players will create content. And I don't think it will take too long😘.

• Like 6