Game-Labs Forum

Swedish - Russian War

Liam790

To Latron,

maybe the russian side is also exhausted and cannot continue. Sorry guys but this is not my world. The weaker nations looking for day by day and you have (in our eyes) here really an luxury problem. If we are allied, so give us something from your incredible ressources and we will continue the fight.

The whole discussion shows me,  how unbalanced this game is in the present layout. We have a priviliged group of a few nations and clans, which can afford big day by day battles (surely in monster ships) over a long time period. When i think, alone to restitute a whole fleet... what a economical power is in Action....

The rest, surely more than half of the player base are astonished about these power and possibilities. This game has left fairly fair conditions for all players a long time ago.

What a pity, the ground system is very good…….

• Sad 1

GG russians - many of the pb's were a ton of fun - ty for that

many of us in sweden (myself included) need to take a break from the daily port battles commitment 

though we were never a zerg it was a tribute to us that our comparatively far smaller numbers were often considered such by others :)

i am sure after some recuperation we'll be back to have another fun campaign!

thanks for all the fish

p.s. one thing you can be assured of is that you won't be seeing me crying for months on the forums that we don't have a 55 point crafting port :) 

Edited by The Rear End of Sauron
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

To Latron,

maybe the russian side is also exhausted and cannot continue. Sorry guys but this is not my world. The weaker nations looking for day by day and you have (in our eyes) here really an luxury problem. If we are allied, so give us something from your incredible ressources and we will continue the fight.

The whole discussion shows me,  how unbalanced this game is in the present layout. We have a priviliged group of a few nations and clans, which can afford big day by day battles (surely in monster ships) over a long time period. When i think, alone to restitute a whole fleet... what a economical power is in Action....

The rest, surely more than half of the player base are astonished about these power and possibilities. This game has left fairly fair conditions for all players a long time ago.

BSTD, and Danes, never stopped fighting... and I don't think we had many resources, nor many players as you're stating there. Yes, Russia was numerical advantaged, but what about Britain? It was too, but got overwhelmed by Sweden anyway. Swedes even had more quality ships than Russia... owning the Northern Master Carpenters depot.

Anyway, it was after all a nice war. gg to everyone, see you in the next one.

• Like 4

It was a really funny figth with you, most good and experience players. Tons of hours of diversion, never with enemies, because in NA there are no enemies, only mates of diferent factions in this excellent game. I hope ypu good luck, and i see you on seas,

o7 and love, Despe

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

GG Swedish, was fun.

26 minutes ago, Dave Hadley said:

France declaring war on Russia confirmed?

Yes yes yes yes !!!

b%C3%A9b%C3%A9-excit%C3%A9.gif?resize=50

11 minutes ago, Barents said:

o7 to Sweden and Spain.

We had a lot of nice battles and beside the usual global and forum proaganda from both sides, i really enjoyed it.

THANK YOU !!!

Wait what ? Any surrending statement from Spain ???

Shamefull display. Outragous! 

Cant believe we gave up quicker than the Brits.

We dont even fight for our main crafting port, we just give it away because were tired

Edited by DeWoudt
im an idiot
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

To Forbin: I can only talk for my little clan, my influence is low.

But i think we are constantly in war with russia, we have no port battles with russia, yes but we were constantly terrorised by russian raiders

i for one will ALWAYS be at war with Russia because i enjoy the underdog role :)

i look forward to a break in the daily PB commitment for a bit, and i look forward immensely to a new campaign at some point :) 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Comrade FrosT said:

BSTD, and Danes, never stopped fighting... and I don't think we had many resources, nor many players as you're stating there. Yes, Russia was numerical advantaged, but what about Britain? It was too, but got overwhelmed by Sweden anyway. Swedes even had more quality ships than Russia... owning the Northern Master Carpenters depot.

Anyway, it was after all a nice war. gg to everyone, see you in the next one.

main effect BSTD and danes had was by helping russia multiflip many ports against sweden to where it wasn't logistically possible for us to defend against them all (which is why we took the danish ports as buffer ports)

so whereas BSTD/Danes played a very key role in the strategy of multiflipping i never considered you guys as "fighting" - yes you ganked some of our hostility fleets etc - most fights for ports you lost unless we couldn't send full attack fleets or defend because other ports had priority

i look forward to having a nice rivalry with the Danes over Hat Island and see which nation comes out with bragging rights :) 

in the end it was great fun fighting the Ruissians (ty to you all again) and less than mediocre "fighting" the Danes

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

main effect BSTD and danes had was by helping russia multiflip many ports against sweden to where it wasn't logistically possible for us to defend against them all (which is why we took the danish ports as buffer ports)

so whereas BSTD/Danes played a very key role in the strategy of multiflipping i never considered you guys as "fighting" - yes you ganked some of our hostility fleets etc - most fights for ports you lost unless we couldn't send full attack fleets or defend because other ports had priority

i look forward to having a nice rivalry with the Danes over Hat Island and see which nation comes out with bragging rights :) 

in the end it was great fun fighting the Ruissians (ty to you all again) and less than mediocre "fighting" the Danes

just because a war is fought asymmetrically doesn't make it invalid, wars of attrition and exhaustion work too, look to IRL examples such as afghanistan, vietnam etc

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Prince of Wales said:

just because a war is fought asymmetrically doesn't make it invalid, wars of attrition and exhaustion work too, look to IRL examples such as afghanistan, vietnam etc

mmm - i never said it was invalid - my words were "BSTD/Danes played a very key role in the strategy of multiflipping" which is the opposite of "invalid"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

To Latron,

What incredible resources? We don't have millions of doubloons that fill up multiple warehouses like some clans do. It's sometimes a challenge to gather what we need to build a handful of actually good lineships.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, The Rear End of Sauron said:

We gave you battle over most of Virgin Islands, and Plymouth, Fort Baai. Several times. We did our part, I think. And we fought you whenever we could, even if with Redoutables for the most part. My alt in Vera Cruz wasn't set up till a couple of weeks ago, then we started using real ships and, even if we didn't fight your A team, we fought pretty well I must say. Fair winds.

Edited by Comrade FrosT
  • Like 11

1 minute ago, Comrade FrosT said:

We gave you battle over most of Virgin Islands, and Plymouth, Fort Baai. Several times. We did our part, I think. And we fought you whenever we could, even if with Redoutables for the port part. My alt in Vera Cruz wasn't set up till a couple of weeks ago, then we started using real ships and, even if we didn't fight your A team, we fought pretty well I must say. Fair winds.

Frosty is right. Great thanks to Danes

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Ferdinand de LaSalle said:

To Forbin: I can only talk for my little clan, my influence is low.

But i think we are constantly in war with russia, we have no port battles with russia, yes but we were constantly terrorised by russian raiders

You want to know what is getting raided "constantly" ? Go Brit, you be raided by Pirates, Swedes, Prussians, Russians... Hell even the French will raid you if you are British...

• Like 4
  • Sad 3