Game-Labs Forum

port battle vs IA?

R3volv3R

59 minutes ago, Rayo said:

We´ll try that next time, and thx for the advise.

But entering the enemy fleet, isolate or concentrate fire on traders while surrounded by dozens of enemy ships with more crew than you...seems quite suicidal. 

They do not focus fire - you are. Don't linefight just get into carronade range and destroy the transports. (this is relevant for shallow low BR battles)

If you miss ALL the combat ships - (all combat ships enter capture zones) its just 270 points. 
If you miss just 1 trader transport - its already 325 points for just one ship.

Bring several carronade ships for fast resolution of the transport problems.
Invest into one fort or tower - they will absolutely devastate some of the attacking light ships
Don't enter at piers - join the battle - and join on time (not on signal) but as early as you can 
You wont see NPCs until battle starts - so no point to send scouts.

Once you know how it works - write a guide for others - or keep this info for yourself, to build an empire. 

I understand your stance on this issue but on server pve with this mechano no one will be able to defend a port right now there are only 3 strong clans and I speak of between 15-18 players after today's attacks on USA,SPAIN to 2 of the strong clans of this server we have already started to not go and defend the ports and respect us in heating the ones we investigate in them. this is what they really want. that pose it in pvp server that there are clans with more than 50 players would understand it but on this server they will force us not to go to defend them and make heating pacts. already being talked about on the global discord channel of NA pve

What I am wondering about is the crews of the Raiders. Does anyone have a screenshot showing that the Brig (normal crew of 110) actually had 310 and the Trader Snow (crew of 65) were at over 200? I wonder if the admins are aware that the peace server does not have the same number of players that the war server does. At the time of this reply (server time 07:11) the current population on the peace server is 145. Maybe instead of being called Raiders they should take a page from Firefly and call them Reavers considering the number of men on board those ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sersanara said:

Explain this Admin:

1904080984_NATheoreticalstart.jpg.dca0f04542d20f910e962c0a8dea1745.jpg1341501631_NARealstart.jpg.6d2d58df4915099e7cf979086bdc983b.jpg

You have used my map to prepare for the battle. I like this 😀 Can I point out that you have used the port battle zones whereas you should have used the raid zones (settings | zones | all raid). The join circle is wider and AI starts at two of the four spawn points further out.

323795446_Screenshot_2019-12-08NavalActionmap(1).thumb.png.f5a05fccef839e17de3a7154329b32cc.png

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Raekur said:

What I am wondering about is the crews of the Raiders. Does anyone have a screenshot showing that the Brig (normal crew of 110) actually had 310 and the Trader Snow (crew of 65) were at over 200? I wonder if the admins are aware that the peace server does not have the same number of players that the war server does. At the time of this reply (server time 07:11) the current population on the peace server is 145. Maybe instead of being called Raiders they should take a page from Firefly and call them Reavers considering the number of men on board those ships.

Captura1.JPG?width=1604&height=897

46 minutes ago, Felix Victor said:

You have used my map to prepare for the battle. I like this

Thanks to you for the map sir. Very useful and in general well rounded. IMO it should be the in-game map, since it has a lot of information that it´s missing in the other one. Congratulations  

Edited by Rayo
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Raekur said:

I wonder if the admins are aware that the peace server does not have the same number of players that the war server does. At the time of this reply (server time 07:11) the current population on the peace server is 145

We have reached the point where the numbers don´t even matter. We were maxed out, even 2 of the players had to stay out of the battle because we had more CB than it was permited (although  like is said above 5 of our players could not enter). If a clan with enough members can´t defend it´s a bad sign.

Edited by Rayo
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Liq said:

why not use surprises and just demast the brigs?

Surprises are 120 CB. That means there will be only 7 ships on your side. Worse if you have to split the fleet to defend 2 capture points. And with 24 ships sailing towards you at full speed demasting is not an option I think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, admin said:

Once you know how it works - write a guide for others - or keep this info for yourself, to build an empire. 

@admin Besides the issue, that some people don't read forum actively searching for valuable information, there was no training and testing of NPC Port Raids on PVE server just as on PVP server - thus PVE-player couldn't train and accustome to them properly. Or was I mistaken?

• Like 1

there was no training or anything like that when you were implemented by the AI attacks here also the difference is that you already had conquered ports and here no port has been conquered this last month there were only 2 or 3 AI attacks and you missed they all but 1 and it wasn't with these new mechanisms for all this server this is all new some nor did they know about the circles to get into both defense and attack then.. imagine the level of humans to make it so that you get so difficult from the start 

Edited by R3volv3R

1 hour ago, Liq said:

why not use surprises and just demast the brigs?

Possibly a solution but imagine a port 900 cb enter 7 surprise if you have a clan of 15 players as is my case that you tell 8 players that can not come?  or you adapt the boats for 15 players with a CB that can enter all x example mercury 60 x 15 x 900 cb for a shallow battle hit a few shots and win well and if you lose then to another battle.. but give me the option to have fun and have a good time even if I lose but do not organize a battle to take boats, travel and not be able to reach the enemy before the battle is over ... people come in to have fun and so there's no fun just fruiting is what I think 

Edited by R3volv3R
  • Like 4

Señores desarrolladores le recuerdo que reconocer los errores es cosas de sabio. Ruego que no sea testarudos y ciegos. :

1) Los navíos de la IA cargados con tripulación de más de 3 veces su capacidad

2) El viento a favor de la IA y en contra de los jugadores lo cual hizo imposible antes de perder la batalla dar una sola andanada.

3) La dirección de viento la tenemos que prever con un programa privado pues el juego no tiene herramienta para hacerlo (y encima usted recomienda esta estrategia)

¿Donde esta la diversión ?, ¿porque la IA esta dopada? ....... y pregunto ¿también puso los barcos de la IA chetados ?.

Están  equivocados señores, ruego reflexionen y rectifique.

Saludos

Edited by Paco de Lezo
  • Like 4

I can imagine it is very frustrating to lose port.

But it is easy to win it back, and after that the only difference will be one investment stage missing, if I understood right.

Players are looking for proven concepts how to defend a port, a ready-made recipe. But is that really good if they find a recipe which always works?

Let me doubt it. Then it will be no challenge any more. We need surprises and having to adapt to the situation, do improvisation. Otherwise it is just repeating a known concept and everyone will finally be bored, also the frustrated commentators here. We need a system which is having enough options to surprise us, if even it is to our disadvantage. When we arrive at the point that port battles are only a formality and always will be won by players if they only come in large numbers, we could quit having that feature 'portbattle' at all.

Is war fair? Probably never was.

• Like 1

Hace 5 horas, Hy. St.Beau de Toilette dijo:

Me imagino que es muy frustrante perder el puerto.

Pero es fácil recuperarlo, y después de eso la única diferencia será fallar una etapa de inversión, si entendí bien.

Los jugadores buscan conceptos probados sobre cómo defender un puerto, una receta preparada. ¿Pero es realmente bueno si encontramos una receta que siempre funciona?

Déjame dudarlo. Entonces ya no será un desafío. Necesitamos sorpresas y tener que adaptarnos a la situación, hacer improvisación. De lo contrario, solo está repitiendo un concepto conocido y todos finalmente se aburrirán, también los comentaristas frustrados aquí. Necesitamos un sistema que tengamos opciones para sorrendernos, incluso si es una desventaja nuestra. Cuando lleguemos al punto en que las batallas en el puerto son solo una formalidad y los jugadores siempre las ganarán si solo vienen en grandes cantidades, podríamos dejar de tener esa característica 'portbattle' en absoluto.

¿Es justa la guerra? Probablemente nunca lo fue.

In my opinion you are absolutely right, the war is not fair, but that means that if you put a CB limitation, your opponent has the right to overcome said CB, while you are obliged to comply with it at a low table. Is virtual warfare fair? It should be in a game ...

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Hy. St.Beau de Toilette said:

Me imagino que es muy frustrante perder el puerto.

Pero es fácil recuperarlo, y después de eso la única diferencia será fallar una etapa de inversión, si entendí bien.

Los jugadores buscan conceptos probados sobre cómo defender un puerto, una receta preparada. ¿Pero es realmente bueno si encontramos una receta que siempre funciona?

Déjame dudarlo. Entonces ya no será un desafío. Necesitamos sorpresas y tener que adaptarnos a la situación, hacer improvisación. De lo contrario, solo está repitiendo un concepto conocido y todos finalmente se aburrirán, también los comentaristas frustrados aquí. Necesitamos un sistema que tengamos opciones para sorrendernos, incluso si es una desventaja nuestra. Cuando lleguemos al punto en que las batallas en el puerto son solo una formalidad y los jugadores siempre las ganarán si solo vienen en grandes cantidades, podríamos dejar de tener esa característica 'portbattle' en absoluto.

¿Es justa la guerra? Probablemente nunca lo fue.

sabemos que perder un puerto, no gusta a nadie, en eso estamos de acuerdo, pero al menos tener la oportunidad de defender y hacerle frente, y si es posible en igualdad de condiciones, aunque la guerra no es justa como bien citas, pero con el doble de tripulación? con mas del BR permitido ?, pues para Tu información eramos 11 dentro y fuera, más compañeros que no pudieron entrar, no será justa la guerra, pero al menos que nos den la opción de poder defenderlo, no como ahora, que esa opción no existe, pues parece que por algún extraño motivo no interesa.

Edited by GranMapache
redacción correcta
  • Like 1

I would like to know if this system of blind combat because every time the servers restart, it is understood on a daily basis, which means that you do not know what you will find when connecting to play has been tested and texted this mechanism of attack on ports by the AI, where are the players the defenders before being implemented in the game servers? and I would also like to know what percentage of victories the players achieved in the text of these mechanics against the AI, using the recommended tactic of going to sink the traders and ignore the other enemy ships?

If someone could clarify it to me or know something I would appreciate it

• Like 1