Game-Labs Forum

Community Questions Thread

Ink

Admirals, 

Important information. 

• Before asking a question - please read this thread. You might find an answer. 
  • Use search on the forum to find an answer and all discussions on your issue. For example if you have a question about quad guns - search this forum for quad guns and maybe you will find the answer or will have a much better deeper question.
  • If you have payment or technical questions please go to support section
  • Please refrain from offtopic - this is the topic for questions only

If you read this thread and checked search and still have no answer - please ask in this topic. Be concise - the more concise is the question the more specific will be the answer. Remember that English is not our native language, this can cause a lot of miscommunication

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Lord Beatty said:

Just a question out of my own personal interest. have you planned for a multiplayer part of the game in anyway? and if not. Is there any possibility of such a feature in the future?

- Lord Beatty

Greetings Admiral, our goals are to finish all planned features and release the game, after that we might consider multiplayer but there are no guarantees at this stage

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

One of the more famous examples of interservice rivalry is the Japanese Navy vs the Army during WW2. It led to all sorts of issues with streamlining production, and politics and arose because both sides wanted government resources.

So I'm curious if there will be a form of competition between the Army Navy and possibly Air Force for things like steel, production facilities, and obviously money. Perhaps you could have things like admiral traits such as being connected to the top and get a bonus amount of funding or something like that IDK.

Just wondering will it be possible in the future to have ship prefabs for the campaign, naval academy and custom battles. By prefabs I mean ships you can save for later use, or ships already "built in" such as a prefab of Mikasa,Gangut, or St Louis. (would also be interesting to have the St louis C-20 Hull).

I think it would also be interesting to re-create the battle of Tsushima for a naval academy mission/s, as the battle of Tshushima was the last major pre-dreadnought battle before the launch of Hms Dreadnought. Playing as the Russians and trying to win would certainly be interesting, provided the Camchatka gets lost somewhere and finds actual torpedo boats.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, DerRichtigeArzt said:

I didn't find a decisive answer so:

Will there be submarines in the game? If so, how will they work. If not, why? 

Will there be aircraft carriers in the game? If so, how will they work. If not, why? 

1. Submarines will be in the game. Here is how they will work: https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/the-playing-modes

2. Devs said that they might consider adding carriers when all promised features are delivered.

Will the turret sizes in the future be revised to reflect real life? As in will turret sizes be determined not only by gun caliber but also but number of guns the in the turret? Because seeing a single gun variant turret of the same gun size as a triple gun variant, and still be the same exact size turret and barbette size really limits possibilities and realism. 

Pictures to show what I mean:

In game:  https://imgur.com/gallery/vL22xqw

Real life:

image.png.eb424bc557e355b40cd51dd11c41c14b.png King George V battleship 

image.png.12f2f53ab16b896ab6f87f9d54c08c1c.png Giulio Cesare battleship

Edited by Whomst'd've
  • Like 8

When will the Steam release come out?

Digital activation product key for Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts on Early Access release, redeemable on Steam in the first half of 2020.

We only have 6 weeks in the first half of 2020 left.

26 minutes ago, roachbeef said:

When will the Steam release come out?

We only have 6 weeks in the first half of 2020 left.

Well, first campaing version is announced for aplha 7 (at least that's how i understant what Nick said in alpha 6 thread) And i Guess it Will be released on steam Once campaing is out. And because alpha releases Are usually every 1-1.5 month I Guess it might be at the And of june. (althrough this one might take longer because of how much Is promised)

Whomst'd've +1

and  when could we expect quad turret for french navy and royal navy (to built dunkerque,  richelieu , king george V)

can we  built ship   for the AI ... because  AI's boat are often unrealist ! too faster and turret  every where on boat !

generaly too much gun

Edited by liaxelot
  • Like 1

On 5/13/2020 at 3:24 PM, Aceituna said:

1. Submarines will be in the game. Here is how they will work: https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/the-playing-modes

2. Devs said that they might consider adding carriers when all promised features are delivered.

Sounds cool but when it comes to it they'll need to add

• New aircraft carrier hulls.
  • Flight decks.
  • Aircraft.
  •  New towers / bridges.
  • Also probably new funnels.
  • But most importantly AA guns will need to be added to all ships including subs and aircraft carriers.
  • The  aircraft will include bombs and torps and also fighter planes to defend the aircraft carrier from other aircraft.

I would love to this in the game but not only this i would like to see  quad guns in the game as well. 

4 hours ago, J10assassinator said:

Sounds cool but when it comes to it they'll need to add

• New aircraft carrier hulls.
  • Flight decks.
  • Aircraft.
  •  New towers / bridges.
  • Also probably new funnels.
  • But most importantly AA guns will need to be added to all ships including subs and aircraft carriers.
  • The  aircraft will include bombs and torps and also fighter planes to defend the aircraft carrier from other aircraft.

Thanks, Captain Obvious

• Like 1

Will there be options in the campaign to choose a fleet size, similar to RTW?

Personally, I like to play that game with small-ish fleets, as I don't have a lot of fun managing huge numbers of ships in the tactical battle and from the academy missions in UA:D, I feel the same with this game, so being able to limit the size of the fleets in engagements would be welcome, at least by me.

Hello there, I´ve been lurking this forum for some time but I am unable to get answer to this:

https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/pre-order

states that:

Digital activation product key for Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts on Early Access release, redeemable on Steam in the first half of 2020.

Is this still the case? cause it would mean it is to be released in a couple of weeks + 1month. Thanks

Edited by GUOLJa

1 hour ago, GUOLJa said:

Hello there, I´ve been lurking this forum for some time but I am unable to get answer to this:

https://www.dreadnoughts.ultimateadmiral.com/pre-order

states that:

Is this still the case? cause it would mean it is to be released in a couple of weeks + 1month. Thanks

Greetings Admiral.

The Steam keys will be distributed around the promised Early Access date, +/- 1 month

• Like 2

Will we see guns sizes above 18inches? like 20inch or 22inch? Will we see any diplomacy options similar to that of HOI or Total war? even if it is small features and UI improvements?

Will we see quintuple turrets? (pls for barneh).  Can we expect odd caliber numbers liek 139/140/152/160/180/210/220/232/240/260/280/340/360/380/382/410/416/420/460/510 etc?

Can expect all nations to have multiple unique hulls even if they are made up? will there be an armour model rework and internal and external armour viewer?

Will there be more music tracks to prevent irritation, unique themes and repeition? (soz for spelling).

And finally, can expect any missions that aren't in the campaign (or the campaign itself) that feature land masses at all?

Thanks!

• Like 4

i know some ppls have asked about armor model rework already, but my question is Very Specifically on the topic of World of Warhips-style Bow and Stern Tanking.

-Right now, ships that have even only moderate armor can easily become all but impenetrable to even the heaviest guns in the game, even at point blank, as long as they keep their bow or stern pointed at the shooter. this is because the game only considers side belt armor but not the transverse bulkeads that run across the ship to connect the belts at their front and aft ends. because of this, any hits happening when showing bow or stern to shooter will be counted as extreme angle hits (80°+) and always bounce; even when in real life they whould be penetrating trough the bow/stern and hit the transverse bulkhead or the barbette at an almost perpendicular angle.
this has been pointed out on multiple occasions but never answered by devs as far as i know.

so my question is:

is this intended by the devs? even though it is not realistic, maybe because you think it creates interesting game dynamics/ favors careful maneuvering, ect...?

or is this something that you plan to improve on later?

because if you do plan to solve this issue, this is something that should be high priority as this is not a trivial matter! ships really do become almost unsinkable as long as they sail towards or away from the enemy right now!

• Like 8