Game-Labs Forum

318 On-Line....Time to worry?

40 minutes ago, Gringo69rus said:

Sorry I am writing from a translator
I honestly read all your messages and introduced himself as a game developer, but I didn’t understand WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Why do I go on large ships in pvp and in enemy waters? - because you yourself instead of fighting on a frigate, the frigate antifreeze calls your friends on centims and tries to move to the fort during the battle.
And it turns out that you are interested in beating the player in a crowd but it is not interesting to lose. that's all.
Content for trade / RVR / PVE / PvP - you can always do this in a group. NAVAL ACTION is a game about how you found players with whom you are pleased to play and play your game - trade / pve / pvp / rvr. I see a bunch of messages from you that everything was gone but at the same time I see such players as @ Bastey / @ Readiii who take and do, take and do. take an example from them. when the BF began to play for Russian Imeria there were few of us and everyone was against us, and now we are simply reaping the fruits of our labors - that’s all.

the game isnt high risk = high reward, its low risk = high reward gameplay, which is bad, short therm its fun blasting of ships, but in the long run it becomes boring and stale.

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Не ошибись.

Нынешняя Россия - результат смены игроков rvr-pvp из Испании, Франции и пиратов. Целые кланы. 

Даже китайцы присоединились к России.

А российские игроки всегда выбирают Россию. Представьте, если админ добавил в игру германию (пруссия не та).

What kind of Russia are you talking about? I say by the time before the release, and what happened after the release is a little different, I forgot to emphasize this.

16 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

игра не имеет высокого риска = высокая награда, ее низкий риск = высокая награда игрового процесса, что плохо, если коротко, это забавная игра с кораблями, но в конечном итоге она становится скучной и несвежей.

Everyone has their own game, it's true, but where does the risk come from? only Russian-speaking clans fought with Prussia and this is at the time of release 30-40 players, among them active players - 15, the question is where is Prussia now?

On 11/12/2019 at 3:40 PM, Aquillas said:

This won't be exploited if BR are calculated from actual ship data, instead of being fixed for once with rare adjusment when ship data updated. Having the same BR for USS United States, Wasa, Constitution, Ruattvisan and Leopard is just a fantasy. Just tell a PB leader that you want to enter in with a Ruattvisan instead of a Wasa and listen the answer! LOL. Christian lower than Bucentaure! Hermione higher than Pirate Frig! Snow lower than Niagara could also be put in question taking into account the turn rate of a properly manual sailed Snow.

Calculated BRs should also include the effect of upgrades and knowledges.

and it is not only that ! 

let me give a example of ships who are difficult to grind on knowledge slots.

trader brig/ trader snow/ LGV/ I man/ basic cutter / trader lynx /  mortar brig ------ are very difficult ships to open the slots for, mostly you can't use them in a battle cenario ....and therefore you grind with those ships in local water where you only encounter mercury at the highest ship , what give you a xp grind of 39 xp per battle .

so that means a indiaman 5 slots open is just  *354.986.426 battles to go ! (* if you understand what i mean! )

sooooo.. goodby  player >>> runfast TM  to other games! 

it has been said also. many times, in many different posts, (like give 3 slots open for traders as a solution) but it is never addressed or confirmed or endorsed to be a problem in the first place.

also many shouters will tell you it is just fine .....and it is not a problem.

but if some one tells the grind is to big .........,it certainly counts for the trader section...

only nobody sees it.,and yes .....most... are ...blind ! and prejudiced

Edited by Thonys

27 minutes ago, Thonys said:

trader brig/ trader snow/ LGV/ I man are very difficult ships top open the slots for, mostly you can't use them in a battle cenario ....and therefore you grind with those ships in local water where you only encounter mercury at the highest ship , what give you a xp grind of 39 xp per battle 

There is a tip! :):)

I have the 5 slots open for Traders Lynx, Traders Snow. I should have 5 for the traders cutter but a bug (reported F11) limits it to 3.

First way to go: use them in PvP. Grinding is faster. I have 2 kills in a traders Lynx, and 2 in a traders cutter. In both case, I attacked enemy players sailing in traders brigs (and not only those without canon). This is a challenge that you don't win every times,  but every times you can run if battle goes wrong.

Second way, go in Open World,  find a LGV (IA), start to rake-chain your four broadsides to reduce speed, then rake and rake again to hit canons and the structure. When one side has no more canon (this can be seen in battle instance), go to this side and sink the LGV. This takes 30 to 45 minutes, depending on your hability in manual sailing and on the LGV built.

One LGV is enough for having the 5 slots of 7th rate traders. Probably 2 or 3 for the traders snow (I don't know exactly, I farmed her in PVP).

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

There is a tip! :):)

I have the 5 slots open for Traders Lynx, Traders Snow. I should have 5 for the traders cutter but a bug (reported F11) limits it to 3.

First way to go: use them in PvP. Grinding is faster. I have 2 kills in a traders Lynx, and 2 in a traders cutter. In both case, I attacked players in traders brigs (and not only those without canon). This is a challenge that you don't win every times,  but every times you can run if battle goes wrong.

Second way, go in Open World,  find a LGV (IA), start to rake-chain your four broadsides to reduce speed, then rake and rake again to hit canons and the structure. When one side has no more canon (this can be seen in battle instance), go to this side and sink the LGV. This takes 30 to 45 minutes, depending on your hability in manual sailing and on the LGV built.

One LGV is enough for havong the 5 slots of 7th rate traders. Probably 2 or 3 for the traders snow (I don't know exactly, I farmed her in PVP).

ahhhh... a LGV .

well the admin balanced the game quite well .....here are no LGV s to grind with....  in the first place.

but thanks for the tip.

like i said the maximum grind is 39xp

Do kill missions, stern rake 4th rates with your indiaman, when slots open go for boarding books. Use port bonus wood/crewspace indiaman. Slots unlocked in no time. 

Remember very low xp from killing smaller ships which is overdone by developers :(

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Thonys said:

ahhhh... a LGV .

well the admin balanced the game quite well .....here are no LGV s to grind with....  in the first place.

but thanks for the tip.

like i said the maximum grind is 39xp

I made all the "Russian Gulf" (Belize - Tumbado - Vera-Cruz - La Nouvelle Orleans - Mobile - West Florida, return by Mortimer Town to Kingston Port Royal) in a Traders Lynx. With the advantage to be able to enter in any enemy port for repairing after each fight! ;) 

This one came back with 5 slots...

Edit to give details on the ship: Bermuda/Bermuda, very sturdy, 3/3, bow rattlesnake, navy hull refit, pirate rig refit, knowkedge ballast tuning, treatise on staysails, instruction aux canonniers, old flag officer, reloading).

Nothing exceptional, even the captain!  :P

Edited by Aquillas

Exemple in Traders Cutter:

Tips here are: focus on enemy masts (yes even with carronades like in this fight), don't forget that manual sailing is possible and very efficient in all cutters.

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 2

@admin so with the adjustments to BR that are upcoming has there been any thought into (I might have missed it) putting hard rate limits on ports like we used to have.  For example the 4th rate only battles (or third rates plz plz plz) we used to have.  It seems that no matter what the BR, bigger ships will continually be used in port battles and constantly seeing 1st rates is a little stale.  Also not very realistic.  Lower rates, mainly 3rds, were the workhorses of line fights.  4th rate battles back prior to the BR fights always seemed far more dynamic and bloody.  Bringing back real shallow battles 6/7th rates would be a crowd pleaser as well.

This would also allow players to have a lower "upfront" cost to participate in PBs which I think is one of the more significant limiting factors in RVR.

Edited by Mouth of Sauron

23 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

@admin so with the adjustments to BR that are upcoming has there been any thought into (I might have missed it) putting hard rate limits on ports like we used to have.  For example the 4th rate only battles (or third rates plz plz plz) we used to have.  It seems that no matter what the BR, bigger ships will continually be used in port battles and constantly seeing 1st rates is a little stale.  Also not very realistic.  Lower rates, mainly 3rds, were the workhorses of line fights.  4th rate battles back prior to the BR fights always seemed far more dynamic and bloody.  Bringing back real shallow battles 6/7th rates would be a crowd pleaser as well.

This would also allow players to have a lower "upfront" cost to participate in PBs which I think is one of the more significant limiting factors in RVR.

why this topic ? Off topic again
there is a special post for BRs

1 hour ago, Aquillas said:

I made all the "Russian Gulf" (Belize - Tumbado - Vera-Cruz - La Nouvelle Orleans - Mobile - West Florida, return by Mortimer Town to Kingston Port Royal) in a Traders Lynx. With the advantage to be able to enter in any enemy port for repairing after each fight! ;) 

This one came back with 5 slots...

Edit to give details on the ship: Bermuda/Bermuda, very sturdy, 3/3, bow rattlesnake, navy hull refit, pirate rig refit, knowkedge ballast tuning, treatise on staysails, instruction aux canonniers, old flag officer, reloading).

Nothing exceptional, even the captain!  :P

we will bring back LGV Refit soon for your hunting

• Like 10

3 hours ago, admin said:

why this topic ? Off topic again
there is a special post for BRs

Always so quick to moderate everything I post...   

Does this thread have a topic?  It's in the patch feedback and discussions forum.  A proper answer would direct where you'd like to see that post made.

I'll write my comment here, assuming this is the thread and anxiously await a response.
https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/32311-the-most-complete-thread-of-rvr-suggestions-for-na-in-the-internet/?do=findComment&comment=687001

• Like 1