Game-Labs Forum

Cumulative hotfix notes for patch 35

admin

On 8/23/2019 at 9:54 AM, Wyy said:

You need to give people reasons not to gank. The game is a HUGE Low risk = High reward game, there is literally no reason to go out solo hunting because 1. You know you will get revenged by 14kn ships of the line and 2. you would most likely never face a battle with equal numbers or ships because all others dont expect it either.

We changed to single durabilities in 2017, i thought the change was good for until recently until i found out its a huge wall for players that dont feel like risking their ships which for them they have used alot of time getting. 

Another blast from the past: We have been argueing for less risk to increase the actual fights for years. There are tons of posts around on how the game promotes risk averse gameplay which leads to more running than actual fighting. If you look into jodgis forum signature you will see, that also admin knows, or ... new once ... that it is good to make people shy away from risks less, because risks are what actually leads to content in a sandbox game. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hethwill said:

So that guys that want to play group don't get tagged on 1v1.

What could be done though, devs willing, is have daily rotation of 2 zones.

Example: Nassau normal PZ + Tumbado 1v1 PZ

next day rotates.

what if they moved to 1v1 zone to one end?

image.png.5da18c45657d93bb8efdde01f79c66a1.png

15 minutes ago, Wyy said:

what if they moved to 1v1 zone to one end?

image.png.5da18c45657d93bb8efdde01f79c66a1.png

Untitled.png

This one is better.

1. Theres always retards trying to zerg solo players before they get into 1v1 area, because most of players are cunts  unconfined in their abilities 

2. Less time needed to find a group fight

3. More chances that solo player will join a big fight. If you are alone in the middle of the circle and big 4v6 is happening on the edge - a solo player will never see it and probly wont leave solo area in fear of being zerged. If circles will get reversed solo players will be able to get closer to zerg area without fear of getting into bullshit 1v9 and if there is a big fight in inner circle they could observe it and consider joining

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Staunberg said:

You a

You are as wrong as those that say single should be at the center. Imo you should not be forced to either fight your way to either group ore single. They simply should be 2 diffent area, so ppl can get the fight they want.

But if solo zone was distinct, don t you think gankers would hunt in groups around it? 

What if in solo zone you couldn’t tag someone that is part of a battle group ? So groups wanting to reach the « Zerg » zone can t be separated by elite solo hunters.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 11:43 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

and the fleet ships actually counted as BR so they locked out others joining. We use to catch US players all the time in the shallows with fleets.  They never learned that fleets never helped them, just caused them to lean on a crutch that did mean crap.  Even if they got fleets into the battle we just shoot sails and blow pass them so they fall behind.

The only way to save yourself with fleet ships is to tell them to Follow AFTER you have hit the enemy's sails, that way they protect your rear and kind of block the enemy from catching up. I wish we had "Officers" back that we could train them up and assign them to captain our fleet ship. Imagine training one up to an Elite Admiral with all the perks and mods on our fleet ships actually working....sigh...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Beeekonda said:

Untitled.png

This one is better.

1. Theres always retards trying to zerg solo players before they get into 1v1 area, because most of players are cunts  unconfined in their abilities 

2. Less time needed to find a group fight

3. More chances that solo player will join a big fight. If you are alone in the middle of the circle and big 4v6 is happening on the edge - a solo player will never see it and probly wont leave solo area in fear of being zerged. If circles will get reversed solo players will be able to get closer to zerg area without fear of getting into bullshit 1v9 and if there is a big fight in inner circle they could observe it and consider joining

this is also true, even better suggestion then mine because instead of making players get ganked 10v1 that 1player can now 1v1 other guys that wants to zerg, and that was the meaning of PZ right? equal and fun battle? then the big fleet fights can be in the middle.

Or even better, remove the PZ and add back arena rooms for 1v1, 3v3 and even 25v25, the reason we want the pz is because of guaranteed pvp, that pvp isnt always guaranteed because of the sailing and risk of getting cought out and ganked instead of what you actually want, a fair fight.

Edited by Guest

• After 2 mins battle will still be open but only for weaker side - lower BR- with possibility of alternating the weaker side.    but    how long will it be open for the weaker side 1 hour 30 minutes or ? 
  •  
  • fixed
Edited by Thonys

On 8/23/2019 at 5:26 AM, admin said:

For example if the battle is in the La Habana Harbor -

Where should we move the spawn and how useful it will be? Will we move him inland or across cuba?
What about panama area - how useful that moved person be if he spawns in the pacific. 

Move the spawn point to where the player first saw the battle marker or their location when the 2 minute timer runs out.

Edited by Sparkydog

On 8/23/2019 at 5:56 AM, admin said:

But we learnt as we continue developing our first MMO.  Every feature must take both solo and grouped player into account. Not only one of them.

Well said admin- and this version of the game is the best one so far.  We have tried many different ideas over the past few years and led us to this point. One great improvement that could be made- would be to open up more missions for different rate ships.  As a US player it’s almost impossible to unbox larger rate ships when we have no bigger than 5th rate missions and not many NPC’s to hunt either.  If I am playing solo it’s not practicable to sail my expensive, unboxed 1st rate out of a Freeport to get XP. Or to go solo deep into enemy territory- this is where you are unbalanced and leaning on group only play.  I do not think it would harm the game to give us a wider variety of missions or to occasionally sail a 1-4 rate ship up the coast.  Even if it was only a few ships per day or 1 or2 Missions  per day- it would make the game more fun.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 11:09 AM, admin said:

Attacking a light 6th rate in a frigate is a Gank = and Wasa counterbalancesganks it, stumbling upon your battle by actually sailing in the OW creating targets for others. Someone could have caught that Wasa on the way to your battle, but did not. 

Attack targets stronger than you. Why do you need to gank an AI trader in a frigate? Nautical question... For a friend.

Hahahaha... *cries internally*

Yes, admin, why do we need to "gank" (not really fitting when there's no "gang" involved in the "killing" is it?) a 6th rate trader in a frigate................ in an AoS game?

Oh, I know, because that's one of the things frigates were for in the AoS!

This, 1000 times this:

On 8/22/2019 at 9:42 PM, Anolytic said:

Great joke...

38n8zo.jpg.056e1eabf3a0f569252483b236dd9ee2.jpg

(...)

This ROE should be ONLY in Patrol Zones. Give us 2 min timers back everywhere else in OW:

• 2 weeks later...

OW RoE is in a misserable state.

I have seen it yesterday, players must go out in hostile areas to Level Ships. I was sailing on a Santi get followed by a Christian. Sailing along coud not attack anything for 20mins or more cause he was in sight of me all the time. After some time i decided to attack him. 10mins after the battle startet a Victory joint the side of the Christian. End of it after i must hear what a careeber i am cause i was sailing away i decided to get in the Battle but hey im no Pro so the ending was clear. 1can shot sails 1 goes for Hull end for a Santisima.

This stupid 20 min timer must go.

The 2min or even the 3min timer was fine. But this is bullshit now, it is fine for Patrolzone to even out the Battles but in OW it sucks.

With the 2 min timer it was good you where knowing hey there can only come people in if they are close enough.

We travel in OW with double speed, 20 min are too much if u are in a battle.

I know dont sail alone blahblah ...... , but hey it is a game and all of us have a reallife and you can not wait evrytime hours until someone finds the time to sail with you. Im fine with the ending of the Battle it was good nearly 3k XP,  i know that something like this coud happen and i take the risk. I dont blame those 2 guys they have done all right in view of the Game-rules.

Edited by Jim Beamreach
  • Like 3