Game-Labs Forum

HAN clan Ans joins battle and locks BR with no intent of fighting

Ans from HAN clan joined my side of a battle against 2 swedes. I originally thought this was to help me, but he had no intention of fighting the swedes and only joined to lock the BR, so my group members could not join my side of the battle and actually help. He originally pretends to 'help' but misses every shot, eventually he just puts his sails down and sits, providing zero assistance. He didn't shoot an enemy's hull even once, although they gave him clear shots. It is clear they knew he was working with them.

Jump to these times just to see the intentional misses. 5:19 6:21 7:37 9:38 (links in video description)

I would say this is as bad as sinking my boat in green on green, as I would not have lost the battle if he did not lock the BR. Also, I would have played the battle differently and run from the start, if I had known he would be of no help. 

Edited by --Privateer--
  • Like 8

8 minutes ago, LegoLarry said:

#threeminutetimersworked

IMO 2 min was the best, none could hide in port an undock if someone was biting a battle, but longer join timer from undocking would fix that :)

28 minutes ago, Zoky said:

He did nothing wrong. Blame RoE

Not so, even if locking the BR is not wrong, the Devs have stated that joining a battle with no intent of fighting is against the rules, so at least that part should be punishable. Although I'd recon the whole thing should be punished. Especially if this is a thing that they have done repeatedly, as RepairyMcRepairous said. 

• Like 3

I can only say that I remember a situation when I attacked a russian guy and made one neat shot on his hull, then a HAN player joined the battle, I lost connection, but after I reconnected I decided to go for the HAN guy because he was closer to me - and then he asked me something like "is this how you hunt?" because the russian guy decided to disengage, then he just kept fighting and typing chinese characters thinking I'm going to guess what he meant

I guess that the "is this how you hunt?" question might indicate something...

Edited by Captain2Strong

Very interesting. Especially going Dead Slow / Sails Down instead of finishing off a very wounded frigate...

I was in a fight with [HAN] Ans earlier that day, and the whole time he didn't shoot into the water even once. Nor did he shoot into his allied ship masts.

But I guess in that fight he was trying to save his trincomalee, not just block your BR.

2 hours ago, Liq said:

Like saying a shooter did nothing wrong, blame the guns

*confused*

Well, since in their infinite wisdom devs removed names from OW, I need to enter battle to see whom I'm fighting against. If its friend of mine of course i'm not going to shot him. So yes blame devs, roe, game and not players

Edited by Zoky
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Zoky said:

Well, since in their infinite wisdom devs removed names from OW, I need to enter battle to see whom I'm fighting against. If its friend of mine of course i'm not going to shot him. So yes blame devs, roe, game and not players

He could have left the battle then to let privateer know he wasnt gonna fight instead of just sailing with them in battle - or drop a msg. "Just watching" ; idk

• Like 1

Based on provided evidence and additional investigation there are no sufficient facts to consider violation of rules to be true. Thus the case is closed.

If the same situation appears again with said players, please create a new tribunal thread with evidence, additional investigation will be done.

• Like 1