Game-Labs Forum

To low combat medals rewarded for doing patrol

Hey!

So a big carrot for me in the patrol was that I needed currency it rewarded by damage. And all I needed to do was some damage, so I could do that even if I lost the battle. But right now the combat medals rewarded for doing the patrol is extremely low imo. If you combine patrol with the PvP hunt missions, then yes maybe it you can get a decent pay out, but it is much easier to do PvE to get them right now.. And this is bad on a PvP server imo.. 

Any one else think we should turn up the combat medals rewards for damage in patrol?    

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

Hey!

So a big carrot for me in the patrol was that I needed currency it rewarded by damage. And all I needed to do was some damage, so I could do that even if I lost the battle. But right now the combat medals rewarded for doing the patrol is extremely low imo. If you combine patrol with the PvP hunt missions, then yes maybe it you can get a decent pay out, but it is much easier to do PvE to get them right now.. And this is bad on a PvP server imo.. 

Any one else think we should turn up the combat medals rewards for damage in patrol?    

Only in shallow patrol. 

All in all pvp has to be a self sustaining endeavor. Even if you are bad. That's what keeps you pvp'ing. 

Here, if you are a pure pvp-er you will be poor and starving no matter how good you are. I've tried and tested it in every patch. And it has allways been the same. Pure pvp-ers are poor pvp-ers.

• Like 2

I don't do patrol because I dislike the whole gank aspect of it.  TBH, I make a fair amount of CM's in OW PVP and I got 1700 Doubloons off of one Herc kill the other night.  Of course, you still need to do some eco for your Reals these days.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I don't do patrol because I dislike the whole gank aspect of it.  TBH, I make a fair amount of CM's in OW PVP and I got 1700 Doubloons off of one Herc kill the other night.  Of course, you still need to do some eco for your Reals these days.

Still pvp rewards are a bit weak according to risk. Same effort, less risk PVE gives better results. 

I do not see a pvper having shipyards, and other buildings, needs to have pvpers or alt accounts.

PvP zone rewards are at a good level. What needs improving is the rewards for all PVP kills. Killing players should be the most lucrative endeavor in the game.

• Like 2

Killing players is already lucrative, but the chances of it happening are low if it's not a port battle. There simply is no place for certain types of gameplay in this game. That includes lone hunters and pure pvp-ers (which tend to be somewhat the same)

2 minutes ago, Puchu said:

Killing players is already lucrative, but the chances of it happening are low if it's not a port battle. There simply is no place for certain types of gameplay in this game. That includes lone hunters and pure pvp-ers (which tend to be somewhat the same)

Absolute nonsense the game has never been better for lone hunters and solo pvp the game now actually has a population. It's RVR that's dead.

11 minutes ago, Mad Dog Morgan said:

Absolute nonsense the game has never been better for lone hunters and solo pvp the game now actually has a population. It's RVR that's dead.

sinking afk t brigs whole day is not pvp but pve 😁

Killing players has never been less rewarding then now. You get more reals and dubs from single cargo mission then pvp battle and you don't really risk anything. If only we could get combat marks for every meaningful pvp kill I would be happy

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Zoky said:

sinking afk t brigs whole day is not pvp but pve 😁

Killing players has never been less rewarding then now. You get more reals and dubs from single cargo mission then pvp battle and you don't really risk anything. If only we could get combat marks for every meaningful pvp kill I would be happy

I'm filling 5th rate PVP missions just fine thanks using a  Privateer, Snow or Prince.  Sure rewards wise the old system of CM's was better.  The point I was making at least now the server has more than the usual handful of players.  

Salt has it's own value.

Edited by Mad Dog Morgan
  • Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 1:34 AM, Tiedemann said:

Hey!

i sail this game for many weeks after release 

and i already sunk a lot of players

and i even got not even  (1) one single Combat mark for playing the game..lol (yes you all do it good and i do it wrong ) lol

[yep wrong mission selections in our waters and not suitable options available for example,  i do not hunt 7 rates or other ships / or have room for the specially selected mission slots  lolol]  (restrictions on restriction)

i f  i  d i n t  k n o w  b e t t e r  i already would d e l e t e  the game from my steam account ..(many already did, ....i have a casualty rate of 70 % in my clan for that ...and i blame development for it.)

its a big laugh that development put the permits under that regime ..

but lets bias some more...and think you conquer the world.   the bottom line is people are not telling you the truth .... some will tell it is crap from the beginning  . and some who say nothing.

the base (CM) is not solid enough and was introduced with the reals  and doubloons ((( mini payment option ? )))

later on market disappeared and the joy is complete...

restriction on slots and introducing mission and the ability to play 2 different kind of games,  curses each other so much that it becomes for some unplayable to do something else

i blame the restrictions on" whatever" side (server side ( ? )or development side.. it doesn't matter) 

my conclusion is, this game is still in full development and if it is not... well ...good luck. 

Edited by Thonys

2 hours ago, Thonys said:

i sail this game for many weeks after release 

and i already sunk a lot of players

and i even got not even  (1) one single Combat mark for playing the game..lol (yes you all do it good and i do it wrong ) lol

How could that be? Do you have the 3 pvp hunt missions (6-7 rates, 4-5 rates and 1-3rd rate) active at all time? They are a must have. That leaves you room for 7 more missions. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Serk said:

How could that be? Do you have the 3 pvp hunt missions (6-7 rates, 4-5 rates and 1-3rd rate) active at all time? They are a must have. That leaves you room for 7 more missions. 

You have to have the PVP hunt missions and the PVE hunt missions.  They both award CMs and chests and a single kill goes toward each of them.  For example, if you kill 10 player 5th rates, you get 26 CM for the PVP mission and 10 CM for the Hunt mission...plus the chests.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 12:34 AM, Tiedemann said:

Hey!

MAYBE, if you Russians didn't insist on always going to the zone in big groups, you wouldnt have to spread the damage amongst yourselves so much ;)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

You have to have the PVP hunt missions and the PVE hunt missions.  They both award CMs and chests and a single kill goes toward each of them.  For example, if you kill 10 player 5th rates, you get 26 CM for the PVP mission and 10 CM for the Hunt mission...plus the chests.

Yes, and you can kill a 3rd bird with that stone if you add the specific hunt missions. For exemple, sinking a player in a surprise can count for the pvp mission, the generic 5th rate mission, and the surprise hunt mission if you have it.

Edited by Serk
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2019 at 12:50 PM, H982 FKL said:

MAYBE, if you Russians didn't insist on always going to the zone in big groups, you wouldnt have to spread the damage amongst yourselves so much ;)

That's true that some patrols are single nation only... Reason for me not to go so often in PZ's. Last time I went in Leogane, the zone was British and, as a consequence, I bored one evening. The time before, in La Mona, I let others players sink me to go back to outpost more rapidly, due to boring too (I was in a xebec, they were in heavy frigates, I could have run, but why losing 25 minutes again?).

I gave all my Medals to clan warehouse. I consider all content hidden behind these as non existing, in addition to the lotery content. 

Four currencies in this game is too many (reals, doubloons, CM's and VM's), knowing that PZ's are used by a minority of players and RVR is dead... Impossible to balance it, impossible not to FORCE playing styles, impossible not to create dislicking or even rage quitting reactions. 

Patrol Zones are so unpopular that our clan leaders are regularly obliged to remind us to go to there, for CM's. With limited success.

Same for hostility raising planned last time: canceled and postponed.