Game-Labs Forum

The guilt is too much to bear

Something must be done,

I've been able to sell repairs at several free ports, hives of activity some might say, for rediculas over the top extortionate prices for weeks now.

Personally I would just laugh off the "could someone give me some repairs in la tortue" with a : "there's loads on sale in the shop mate" with a little muhahahahahhahahahaahahh to myself.

HOWEVER, I've had absolutely no dramas selling them for

4000, 5000, 6000 for hundreds at a time,

Hell even 9000 in 100 batches

Now this all gets completed within 2 days.

So I'll say again you guys should probably do something about this before people start crying and I dry my tears with mountains of doubloons.

Baity

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Liberalism said:

Players don't need to spend money on ships, because they get freebies from DLCs. Hence the excess of the wealth is spent on repairs. DLC ships still need repairs. 

Implications of this, the most basic consumable, repairs will soon be too expensive for the regular player who has to craft/buy  their ships to afford, baring them from playing the game.
If this doesn't happen because not every port is populated like the free ports, it means at the very least, the game could not exist on it's own, even if it did grow because the trend would only get worse as population got higher, more people buy DLC, price of ships goes up while price of repairs also go up, to compensate for free ships. Eventually economy would need a radical change again, but chances are the population won't grow enough for these effects to be seen, so we can live with it, at least until the plug is pulled due to pay2win ships, slowly creeping towards pay2play.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Baity McBait Bait mark2 said:

Something must be done,

I've been able to sell repairs at several free ports, hives of activity some might say, for rediculas over the top extortionate prices for weeks now.

Personally I would just laugh off the "could someone give me some repairs in la tortue" with a : "there's loads on sale in the shop mate" with a little muhahahahahhahahahaahahh to myself.

So I'll say again you guys should probably do something about this before people start crying and I dry my tears with mountains of doubloons.

Baity

I dont get why so few People are producing Repairs nd Cannon. I selling a few repair but mostly Cannon from 12pnd long to 42pnd Carronades. usually areound 150  Per Day, depending on size. i started with 500 - 600 a few weeks ago and have been increasing prices every since i've reach 1000 per piece and still sell them like cool Beer.

But i dont think there is a big problem with taht. Sooner or later, other player will look for ways to make money and will start selling more repairs and Cannons in Freeports.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Liberalism said:

Los jugadores no necesitan gastar dinero en barcos, porque obtienen regalos de los DLC. De ahí que el exceso de la riqueza se gasta en reparaciones. Los barcos de DLC todavía necesitan reparaciones. 

Excuse me, but that's silly. Simply people are waiting for the erasing for the launch of the game and we are burning our boats, for that we need repairs and now the only thing that is interesting to us is the pvp.

• Like 1

surely it is the fault of a misinterpretation by the players, but we all understood that the launch was imminent and as you will see few people are doing missions, everyone is waiting for the launch, also that's why many stopped playing waiting, because they do not want lose more time (which I do not share), playing to lose everything in a few weeks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Koveras said:

I think ppl stopped playing for a multitude of reasons, the wipe only being one of them. If the game had been balanced, fun and engaging then a wipe wouldn't drive ppl off.

Well still more than enough Brits on for me... 50ish screeners in front of La Navasse yesterday. Loads of fun.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Koveras said:

Creo que la gente dejó de jugar por una multitud de razones, la limpieza solo es una de ellas. Si el juego hubiera sido equilibrado, divertido y atractivo, un borrado no haría que la gente se fuera.

I do not mean that they left the game, they have simply stopped until the launch

• Like 1

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Baity McBait Bait mark2 said:

Something must be done,

Baity

never found buying repairs a problem no matter what the price ... reals are not a problem ... good luck with your millions there is nothing to spend them on anyway exept repairs.... and since you dont fight you dont need them

Edited by shunt
  • Like 4

There is no reason now to try and make Reals from crafting and selling repairs when you can make so much Reals doing passenger deliveries. I predicted this would happen when they changed the rewards for delivery missions. There was some form of balance before where people had to find various ways to make Reals and one of those ways was crafting repairs and selling them, now there is no need.

• Like 1

Ello' mates!

Just wanted to remind you... REPAIRS ARE SUPER EASY TO CRAFT AND TAKE LITTLE TO NO TIME!

And yes this was me shouting... players that don't want to take the time to craft repairs for themselves deserve to pay what ever cost the crafters elect to set...

The only way to curb this would be to implement an in game cap for setting prices, but this would be a detriment to the in game economy... if you want to play the game on the cheap, you have to take the time to develop your own game.

Play how ever you want to, but in the end, in this case, repairs are as expensive as you want them to be.

17 hours ago, Koveras said:

I think ppl stopped playing for a multitude of reasons, the wipe only being one of them. If the game had been balanced, fun and engaging then a wipe wouldn't drive ppl off.

Not balanced? After all the testing I have done? I don't know what game you have been playing sir but... this game has ranks and many different ship designs, if this game were balanced, it would be boring. :)

On 4/11/2019 at 12:30 PM, Baity McBait Bait mark2 said:

Take it while you can mate... also, remember there is a mega wipe that shall come... cant really prepare for this flood. Expect the worst, means everything potentially.

On 4/12/2019 at 7:51 AM, firebool said:

Excuse me, but that's silly. Simply people are waiting for the erasing for the launch of the game and we are burning our boats, for that we need repairs and now the only thing that is interesting to us is the pvp.

not so sure about that looking at people in rattvisan running away from 5th rate on stream earlier

On 4/12/2019 at 2:25 AM, Koveras said:

I disagree,  people don't feel like taking ports over again with an imminent wipe inbound. This is why the Pirates Rome so freely. Loads of Captains will come back on release, justnlikemeverynother wipe

God damn Lenin and his 1 million alts has put an end to my repairs conquest, by dropping 1000s upon 1000s for relatively reasonable prices.

Fear not, for the cannons niche is still open. And by God it's fruitfull, easy sells at 5k 6k 15k for simplist of cannons. If only I could be stopped. I will always find a way to be extortionate.

12 hours ago, HoneyBaddger said:

Loads of Captains will come back on release, justnlikemeverynother wipe

And just like with every previous wipe the real question shouldn't be how many will come back but how many will stay. I still hope for NA to succeed, I am just not as optimistic as I used to be about it.

On 4/11/2019 at 3:30 PM, Baity McBait Bait mark2 said:

Something must be done,

Baity

Noone really cares about money atm due to good cargo and passenger runs. You can easily get 500k in an hour with a good trade cargo route. Simple, this is nothing to brag about or feel guilty about.