Game-Labs Forum

Additional cosmetic DLCs

Steam is having a sale due to chinese new year, lets you buy an item which changes your accountname's appearance to golden.

That made me think, I bet quite a few players would be willing to pay some $ for a DLC which lets you customize your name's appearance. Be it different color, additional emojis or smileys or what not.

Perhaps this could also be done similar to how paints are planned (I think they are planned that way):

Some Custom-Name possibilities are also obtainable through ingame unlocking; some you can only buy.

(and perhaps make it possible to disable colored names in game options)

• Like 6

Frankly the only DLCs we have should be cosmetic in nature rather than paying for ships or dockspace......but that's a different discussion.

I'd spend all my money on paints / flag colors / stupid ship names and other baubles in the game.  

Gameslabs missed the boat here I think

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 5

The bad part about charging DLC in an EA title is that it assumes that all features are complete and can be sold as is. Then down the line you think "oh crap, all of this effects gameplay and we can't get a hold on it, our reviews are tanking and people are pissed and calling the game pay2win" and by then it's too late. A prime example of lack of forethought coming back to bite.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

LET US NAME OUR SHIPS!

hms dickbut, and l'idiot wont be nice see sailing around :P so easy to go around the language checker when you have so many different alphabets and languages

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Batman said:

Can't wait for people to give their ships racist or homophobic names.

are like we did in POTBS, "I pissed on the helm."  "Stole her from you Mom."   We would put crap like that on ships just to mess with folks if they captured them.  So yes I see why we can't name our ships.

• Like 2

Potential cosmetic dlc i could pay for:

- ship rare paints, (cheap if one time item, flag dlc price range if in the same principle of paint choice open every time you want to apply one onto a ship or craft a ship)..

- improved ow harbours models (should not be dlc but..) 

- bow figure models (for bow-less ships models if not possible for all)

- historical ship names stern plates by class of ship (all historical variant names for a ship-class like the whole 26 names of leda-class frigates for 3$ for exemple) 

- Ship's boats (whaleboat & other tenders) towed astern during battle. Purely cosmetic, maybe even clientside if too ressource-consuming.🔥🔥🔥

- full open deck & rig crew modelled & animated for your ship or your + the closest one from you POV (clientside with minimal config warning if necessary) 🔥🔥🔥

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec

I would pay for different shades of sail, nothing overly bright and eccentric, just some hue's of blue/yellow/red.
Those decorative flags on top of my ship, as well as bow figures, CREW OUTFITS TOO. but first crew needs to be fully implemented.
Otherwise you won't find me supporting anything that effects gameplay or could give someone an advantage, there's just no reason to go there.
heck do a create-a-captain sort of thing and you'll never run out of stuff to sell to support the game.

Edited by Slim McSauce

8 hours ago, Wyy said:

hms dickbut, and l'idiot wont be nice see sailing around :P so easy to go around the language checker when you have so many different alphabets and languages

But it should be realitively easy for the Devs to pull a list of hundreds if not thousands of historical ship names. We could choose from an approved list. 

• Like 2