Game-Labs Forum

Basic Cutter

I can assure you that I do.

I would restrict the use because they give no reward, have unlimited repairs. They are meant to be a starting ship, not a ship used by Rear Admirals in for example Patrol zones because they afraid to loose a ship.

Or to get you from point A to be B with no risc.

Leave starting ships for starting players.

At least remove unlimited repairs and the no reward feature, then sail it all you want.

Edited by Ra Mhotep
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ra Mhotep said:

I would restrict the use because they give no reward, have unlimited repairs. They are meant to be a starting ship, not a ship used by Rear Admirals in for example Patrol zones because they afraid to loose a ship.

At least remove unlimited repairs and the no reward feature, then sail it all you want.

Ridiculous.

I was sunk today (actually I surrendered, having no hope).  I was placed in a port with no ships there.  I had a basic cutter.  So are you saying I should not be allowed to use it now?  Again, ridiculous.  You play your own game.  If you're talking about going into patrol zones another story.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Wren said:

I always enjoy reading the ideas of people who want to enhance their game by penalizing or restricting others.

It always makes for a fun conversation!

So true until you run into Rear-Admirals on basic cutters farming damage at Nassau Patrol 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Beeekonda said:

So true until you run into Rear-Admirals on basic cutters farming damage at Nassau Patrol 

So then kill them.

If it's such an issue then get a few guys together and hunt him down and make his life in that area miserable until he goes away.

Everyone has ships and cannons. Use them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beeekonda said:

If they are farming they will have loot in their hold before they return to port. Kill them. Win win.

Actually this is no novelty that RA do taxi a lot in cutters transporting goodies. Get them ( might take a fore and aft ship though )

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

If they are farming they will have loot in their hold before they return to port. Kill them. Win win.

Actually this is no novelty that RA do taxi a lot in cutters transporting goodies. Get them ( might take a fore and aft ship though )

Taxi is fine. I do that myself too.

9 minutes ago, The Wren said:

So then kill them.

If it's such an issue then get a few guys together and hunt him down and make his life in that area miserable until he goes away.

Everyone has ships and cannons. Use them.

> Rear Admirals

> Farming damage on Basic Cutters

> Dude offers to get few guys together and hunt them down

@Christendom Call the banners, we are going on HUNT!

• Like 1

I do not see the point in keeping the Basic Cutter. I agree that there needs to be a ship that new players and bankrupt players can use. But I do not see why that cannot just be the standard Cutter or Lynx. Just provide players with a total discount or redeemable if they meet one of two requirements a) character age < arbitrary age b) total number reals < arbitrary number reals.

Edited by tipsypo

45 minutes ago, TheHaney said:

I'm okay with basic cutters. My problem is the max-rank guys that start whining in battle chat when I tag them, droning on about how dare I tag a cutter, that's bad etiquette or some other nonsense. 

Yes and then same cutters show up in numbers in patrol zone being able to take almost any ship down without riscing to loose anything. Basicly people beg over chat for someone to tag them in patrol zone because they just there to do some damage and claim reward.

Patrol zones a death trap as it is. Basic cutters have no business there whatsoever. 

And no I personally have not been ganked by cutters in there, so this isn't about me.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 5:33 AM, Ra Mhotep said:

Yes and then same cutters show up in numbers in patrol zone being able to take almost any ship down without riscing to loose anything. Basicly people beg over chat for someone to tag them in patrol zone because they just there to do some damage and claim reward.

Patrol zones a death trap as it is. Basic cutters have no business there whatsoever. 

And no I personally have not been ganked by cutters in there, so this isn't about me.  

after loosing a herc and requin in patrol zone i resort to using basic cutters its hella lot easier to replace and getting cannons for another ship isnt always possible u never know what ships are for sale or if that port has enough cannons for the one u need. so i dont see basic cutters for rear admirals in patrol zones much of a problem they are no different then any other ship besides the basic cutter cant start a battle against another player  so whats the problem if ur looking for pvp go kill the BC's otherwise stop complaining 

On 11/10/2018 at 10:50 PM, Ra Mhotep said:

Well actually we need a free ship in the game. 

If you have been farmed to a point where you have nothing left, what then? Just stop playing?

I know it was when I leveled up, but there was plenty of times I had to go back to a cutter, so I could get a bit gold to buy cannons. But in short we can't have a game mechanic where a player actually cant do anything in game, thats why we have a free ship,

• Like 3