Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

22 minutes ago, Draymoor said:

Even doing the bare minimum in the pvp daily events with a throw away ship like a Herc you get 600 doubs a day. That's a 1st rate every 3 weeks from playing about 30 minutes or less a day. 

Thats weird....  Foxxe got 7000+ in one night not a week ago....

Exactly.  So why do people find it necessary to bitch about how hard it is to get enough doubloons for their precious 1st rates?...

It's clear that the devs wish to keep them more rare and valuable.

The fact that some feel the need to constantly post "Goodbye Cruel World!!" messages grows tiresome.

If you no longer enjoy the game, do not play the game.  Simple.

• Like 2

Is it a problem that ships are expensive. Well guess that depends on what you want from the game. As I see it with the high cost in doublons they have made RvR a hardcore game now. That is a fine thing in general. The downside might be nobody ore very few want to spend time on it. I do think Pb’s are more funny with on the otherside.

We might end up with an ow where ppl don’t come out to fight, because they will be facing fleets they have no chance against. Think RvR when it only was top nations that got VM, showed us the problem when things is unbalanced. 

I think with the lh now we can with getting ressources craft a 5 rate every second day. Well ppl might actually run out of a ship to sail on. Yeah I know. We can sail BC, store ships ore cauptere one. But do honnestly think it will make players only play when they have a decent ship. So they will play something ells until they can craft a new ship.

The game is what it is. Do think players have a right to point out what they think is a mistake. In the end Devs make the game they belive in, then it is up to us to decide what we want with it. But I do think those that calls for more hardcore mode also will be those complaining the most about players not want to fight them, that players never leave capitolzone. 

Time will tell. Lets get the first wipe. Then we see. Right now all have enough ships.

Rum production is good, one resource to produce. The other repair kits should follow the same line.

I have been told that long time ago we had devs who told that we don't have to calculate every small detail but we focus to combat here. This train is gone pretty damn long time ago.

Repair kits need rum, fir, hemp, iron and oak, did I get it right?

If I am solo player and I want to craft my own repair kits? Something that you could imagine that some solo player would like to do.

There is a change that I need 5 outposts? I need all my 5 buildings to produce? This is just too much.

3 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

Rum production is good, one resource to produce. The other repair kits should follow the same line.

I have been told that long time ago we had devs who told that we don't have to calculate every small detail but we focus to combat here. This train is gone pretty damn long time ago.

If I am solo player and I want to craft my own repair kits? Something that you could imagine that some solo player would like to do.

There is a change that I need 5 outposts? I need all my 5 buildings to produce? This is just too much.

I make my own reps and don't have all the buildings.  I just buy whatever raw materials I need. 

Edited by Angus MacDuff

Resource production has to be on level that you cannot produce as much resources as players want to build ships.

If economy is stuck the resource prices go next to zero.

You want to craft a Bellona and you keep sailing after Doubloons, resource production is sold to vendor. Resources should have a value.

Players arent necessarily supposed to be able to do EVERYTHING on their own.  Don't you think there's a reason why building slots are limited.?

In order for there to be a working economy, there needs to be CONSUMERS as well....

9 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I make my own reps and don't have all the buildings.  I just buy whatever raw materials I need. 

No other options really.

4 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Players arent necessarily supposed to be able to do EVERYTHING on their own.  Don't you think there's a reason why building slots are limited.?

In order for there to be a working economy, there needs to be CONSUMERS as well....

I think limitation for buildings is good. To craft ships you need more than just 5 different resources + workshops, shipyards, etc.

Repair kits have too big role if I need to spend 5/5 buildings for resources +1 for workshop. There is no way to craft all.

Even if we only needed 3 outposts and buildings + workshop, this would be huge when you have been limited to 5 buildings.

Building all repair kits, you need an alt. Sailing between ports and crafting kits takes probably as long time as time spent to do missions or PvP.

I am like the only one who thinks that focus is too much in secondary areas?

2 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

No other options really.

I think limitation for buildings is good. To craft ships you need more than just 5 different resources + workshops, shipyards, etc.

Repair kits have too big role if I need to spend 5/5 buildings for resources +1 for workshop. There is no way to craft all.

Even if we only needed 3 outposts and buildings + workshop, this would be huge when you have been limited to 5 buildings.

Building all repair kits, you need an alt. Sailing between ports and crafting kits takes probably as long time as time spent to do missions or PvP.

There's a DLC which would allow you to avoid an Alt. Gives you 10 buildings

Edited by Angus MacDuff

7 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The high costs of lineships will radically decrease one of the most interesting instances in the game, port battles.

Only because some people want to sail in pickles and frigates. Numbers arent lying, less people playing, less rvr action, less good reviews.

You may want to change your name....   Not playing the game the way you want because you are afraid of losing pixels doesnt seem very "Intrepido"...

Although your post does bring to light a good point.

The problem is with player mentality more than mechanics, it would appear.

Just now, Angus MacDuff said:

There's a DLC which would allow you to avoid an Alt.

I was just hoping none would bring up the fact that you need a DLC.

As well, don't you think this is a bit too much? For F*ing repair kits?  You need a F*ing DLC?

Like normally in games there would be rage.

I know the current playerbase is made of PvE-grind-trade-craft-carebears. After enough grind and gear they go gank mode and think they are good in PvP.

You never going to want PvP players in this game, right?

No other options really.

Again, there needs to be consumers...

You shouldnt be able to craft both ships AND repairs as one player....

Shipbuilders needs repair makers to buy their ships...

Repair crafters need shipbuilders to buy their repairs....

1 minute ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I was just hoping none would bring up the fact that you need a DLC.

As well, don't you think this is a bit too much? For F*ing repair kits?  You need a F*ing DLC?

Like normally in games there would be rage.

I know the current playerbase is made of PvE-grind-trade-craft-carebears. After enough grind and gear they go gank mode and think they are good in PvP.

You never going to want PvP players in this game, right?

You mentioned needing an Alt.  The DLC is cheaper than an ALT. 

Just now, Vernon Merrill said:

You cannot even craft repair kits as one player.  So what were you saying?

You need 5 outposts and 6 buildings to craft your own repair kits. In a game that was about Naval Action, combat.  WAS, notice this game WAS about combat, this WAS amazing PvP game.

You spend 50% of your time building repair kits?

You need DLC or an alt to do so?

I am not even talking from building ships. I only talk if someone wants to build repair kits.  Repair kits that should have a minimal role in this game.

The whole combat system is now shit after multireps.

The idea that players leave capital cannot ever work if you cannot even craft basic things.

This is so F*ing bad game design that I don't have words to describe it.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

6 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

You need 5 outposts and 6 buildings to craft your own repair kits. In a game that was about Naval Action, combat.  WAS, notice this game WAS about combat, this WAS amazing PvP game.

Whenever I see cheap Raw Mats, I pick them up and put them in warehouse.  I always have tons of mats.  Crafting Reps takes seconds.  Its sounds like you have considered ONE way to do this and there is no alternative.  Crafting is easy.  Gathering mats is easy.  And if you don't want to spend time on that (Carebear PVE stuff) just make some money and buy the stuff.  None of the PVE stuff is difficult in this game if you consider the different ways to accomplish a goal. 

2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

^^^ 

Crafters should not be able to craft everything on one account.  I don’t even think ship builders should be able to make all types.  Frigate, small ship or line ship crafting trees please.  The need for specialization and reliance on other players is sorely missing in this game.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

The high costs of lineships will radically decrease one of the most interesting instances in the game, port battles.

Only because some people want to sail in pickles and frigates. Numbers arent lying, less people playing, less rvr action, less good reviews.

Have there been any lineship PBS since the patch?

4 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Whenever I see cheap Raw Mats, I pick them up and put them in warehouse.  I always have tons of mats.  Crafting Reps takes seconds.  Its sounds like you have considered ONE way to do this and there is no alternative.  Crafting is easy.  Gathering mats is easy.  And if you don't want to spend time on that (Carebear PVE stuff) just make some money and buy the stuff.  None of the PVE stuff is difficult in this game if you consider the different ways to accomplish a goal. 

1 hour ago, Coraline Vodka said:

You know all capitals sell ai produced repairs right ? And some freetowns

It is easier to craft cannons and ships in capital than it is to find outpost and only craft repair kits for your own needs. You can't actually even craft all repair kits without an DLC or alt.

Repair kits are economically in major role when those should be in minor role. Needs much time and effort to craft repair kits.

Players who don't have XP. They have to sail to take missions from other ports? We try to push them out from safety of capital. They cannot craft repair kits so how is this idea going to play? Most may not see this as an issue as you already have everything and maybe even clan farming grounds.

Have to admit that I did not see this issue either until a friend told me his story.

edit.

You have a 5th rate, cold world is waiting. You sail to do missions and back to capital to get more repair kits.

To be able to make your own repair kits in some mission area you select, you need Reals for multiple outposts and buildings + a DLC.

You build your outpost and sail trader around to get materials and repair kits you find.

How long it takes to level like this?

I am like the only one who thinks this is terrible?

Edited by Cmdr RideZ

1 hour ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

It is easier to craft cannons and ships in capital than it is to find outpost and only craft repair kits for your own needs. You can't actually even craft all repair kits without an DLC or alt.

Wut?  I'm in a part of the map where I have only one outpost, and I set up a Workshop and I'm crafting my repairs and rum. Aren't repairs and rum crafting level zero recipes?

Edited by Barbancourt