Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - New Economy feedback.

23 minutes ago, Ameruccio Vespigo said:

Sorry, it's you to be incorrect: when I wrote ", but the cost of the ships (both from Admiralty and Players) was converted 1=1 as far far as I see " I just saw in various ports Frigates at 110K and Renomee at around 80k. They were sold by Admiralty.

You said they were converted 1to1 - meaning they converted. Just like players contract for 1-9 mln ships - meaning they converted 1to1
No. They were not converted. Thus your assumption was incorrect. 

NPC ships that appeared in stores did not convert and were just selling them at old number (no conversion 1 to 1). Player contracts that have not expired were still listing them at old number (no conversion 1 to 1). Thats why contract limits were set to 0 several days before the patch because there could be even more problems.

For now. 

• NPC ships at old prices were cleared today from the stores and new ships spawned. 
  • Player contracts will stay like this until they expire.

23 minutes ago, Ameruccio Vespigo said:

, but to me it made more sense not to piss off us players/customers and automatically convert everything 25=1 (also our contracts, as I don't see a reason not to) Kind regards

Contracts were not so easy to convert
Thats why this announcement was given

And this hot fix happened

But it still did not clear some of the potential problems. So we tried our best and you are still twisting our arm and presenting us as bad people?

5 minutes ago, Sir John said:

20181024194022_1.thumb.jpg.0df7be7d9eaf3450629e525fd71503ff.jpg\

I made some good marks from that fight, since it was before the patch. 

Thats a good point to think about
Remember that PVP kill missions and national hunt missions are not yet in the game. They will cover this case. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

I do not like the fact that we have to loot the Doubloons from the enemy ship. I would rather it give them to the player at the battle results screen like before. There are too many situations where it is impossible to loot the enemy ship. 

If you win a fight and you know that the battle is still open, you'll want to get out fast before the gank squad comes.  I can see a few occasions where a player will lose it all cause he stayed to loot.  That is why I stopped looting in the Patrol zone.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Am I the only person who actually liked the way ships were crafted before?  i.e Large Carriages, Cables and Housers etc etc?    

Logs-Iron-Coal...... Meh  :( 

I know my self and a few others in my clan/nation that liked the old system cause it felt like you where building something.  I feel that it got to dumbed down in a way that makes being a level 50 master crafter doesn't mean the same as it did say pre wipe when you had to have that to make MC ships and Mods.  Now it's nothing special to max out your crafting.  I hope they bring back a bit of love to crafters when they ever update the perk system.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Am I the only person who actually liked the way ships were crafted before?  i.e Large Carriages, Cables and Housers etc etc?    

Logs-Iron-Coal...... Meh  :( 

I had to craft ships to support my losses in PVP.  Didn't really enjoy it, although it was fun when you got something special.  This streamlining seems great for me and the chance for a premium ship still exists...so win-win for me.

Edited by Angus MacDuff

I got 2K doubloons

3 hours ago, William Livingston Alden said:

"current buildings were closed and wiped for all players (costs to reopen was added to redeemables) "

Sorry but I got nothing except the 2k Doublons!

Same here. Thank god I still have the ships at least, totally lost my pants in this patch...

15 hours ago, Powderhorn said:

A 1:1 return on anything is unheard of in the real world.  Think of how many days you have to work to repay loans; how much you have to work out to get rid of a few extra holiday deserts.  And of course, 1st rates should be a sight to behold, yes?  Not cheapened by every 30 day Captain luffing around in one?

I wish I could "like" this post a million times....

23 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Admin you need to change the weight or prices of some the trade goods as trading some items will actually cost you money. Tobacco for instance is now -0.24 profit to weight ratio.

Yes this stuff is WAY Off.

Most everything weighs 100 LBS what the heck?

This means the payouts are disproportionate.

Just now, Wolfar said:

Yes this stuff is WAY Off.

Most everything weighs 100 LBS what the heck?

This means the payouts are disproportionate.

I haven't actually tested this yet, so this is a simple question, but if everything weighs 100lbs, does that not mean some of the stuff that was very heavy will now turn a big profit because we can carry more?

1 hour ago, Ahoy H.R. Matey said:

I got 2K doubloons

Same here. Thank god I still have the ships at least, totally lost my pants in this patch...

Buildings were compensated directly into wallet (reals), compensation for shipyard (doubloons) was provided via the redeemable box (if you had it)

@Gregory RainsboroughYou can sell tobacco with profit in national Capitals. Regarding the rest - you can still earn good amount of reals compared to cost of a ship in resources. As this is Early Access, the numbers are not final, but the current numbers seems ok (more time and testing required).

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I haven't actually tested this yet, so this is a simple question, but if everything weighs 100lbs, does that not mean some of the stuff that was very heavy will now turn a big profit because we can carry more?

Furniture used to weigh 1000 lbs. and you bought it for around 100k and sold it for a bit over 300k.

Now it weighs 100 lbs. and sells for 27k.

Just now, Ink said:

Buildings were compensated directly into wallet (reals), compensation for shipyard (doubloons) was provided via the redeemable box (if you had it)

@Gregory RainsboroughYou can sell tobacco with profit in national Capitals. Regarding the rest - you can still earn good amount of reals compared to cost of a ship in resources. As this is Early Access, the numbers are not final, but the current numbers seems ok (more time and testing required).

I hope it's not just National Capitols.  Some of us don't have those and use regional Capitols.

• Like 1

Just now, Wolfar said:

Furniture used to weigh 1000 lbs. and you bought it for around 100k and sold it for a bit over 300k.

Now it weighs 100 lbs. and sells for 27k.

not 27k, but about 12.5. You can check the trader tool.

9 minutes ago, Ink said:

You can sell tobacco with profit in national Capitals. Regarding the rest - you can still earn good amount of reals compared to cost of a ship in resources. As this is Early Access, the numbers are not final, but the current numbers seems ok (more time and testing required).

@Ink, an Indiaman with 3 Parisian Furniture would give us 900K gold.  If we cant find some way to match that profit in this patch, you will have some very unhappy traders.