Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - Combat missions, events and challenges feedback.

7 hours ago, z4ys said:

Don't sail in a basic cutter maybe?

@admin make basic cutters only available to sail when the char owns no other ship.

So, a Lynx then?  What does it matter.  I'm commuting in a Yacht right now. We're trying to get where we need to go as fast as possible.

Edited by Barbancourt

40 minutes ago, Sir R. Calder of Southwick said:

So will there, at any time, be a way for solo players to participate in fleet battles again like the old fleet combat missions? It really sucks when you are a member of a small clan and you are never able to do that. (Especially if you don't have five hours available to find other players and go look for a random AI fleet).

The new Kill missions automatically adjust based on the number of players joining the battle. If it's "kill 1x 5th rate in a 5th rate" and you bring in four players, it will spawn four 5th rate AIs.

If you want to kill multiple ships as a solo player, you can take a mission that pits you against two ships, or there really is a huge abundance of AI fleets. I see more AI fleets than solo warships now, generally.

Edited by TheHaney

6 hours ago, Holm Hansen said:

Finding 5th rate NPC in open waters is also near impossible, thanks to the new bot distribution.

LGV is 5th rate, if that helps. But missions can be fulfilled by pvp kills as well ( indiaman is 5th rate ) , not only Ai kills, if it comes to that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, z4ys said:

Don't sail in a basic cutter maybe?

@admin make basic cutters only available to sail when the char owns no other ship.

Why the hell am I going to waste time sailing in a ship that doesn't have the same rate missions at any given port.  Do you recommend I take my 6th rate all the way to another port to only find 1-4th rate missions available?

Sailing in a basic cutter is faster and more efficient than sailing the wrong ship class for the hope that that port might have the right mission avaliable.

The blind random different port mission lists beg the player to spend valuable time gather missions to fill your journal then going back to port and picking ships of the rate that match those missions....

Besides if I just have to sail to grab missions why the hell would I sail a ship I could lose to gankers?

So instead you ask the admins to only allow us basic cutters if we have no other ships in our docks?

I bet there's plenty here who would disagree with that!

6 hours ago, Hethwill the Red Duke said:

LGV is 5th rate, if that helps. But missions can be fulfilled by pvp kills as well ( indiaman is 5th rate ) , not only Ai kills, if it comes to that.

Yes, I know and that's exactly how I did the last two days. But the game before was a little different than sinking one and the same LGV each time. Especially if I do not see any sense in it why I am now forced to do so.
Also it´s in my opinion not particularly realistic to see in a huge area only lineships and it is for me a lost of a lot of immersion.

Nevertheless, thanks for the tip. :)

small addition:
I'm not looking for this 5th rates to
primarily fulfill my missions, but because I like to sail frigates and fight with these against other frigates. I also would do it without missions. For 5th rate kill missions i look to see a frigate there at all, these which the mission will spawn. Unfortunately, I can not find both, no 5th rate kill missions and no 5th rate OW-bots (please another than an LGV)

... now  this patch suddenly told me that I have no business with frigates in this area.
Edited by Holm Hansen

4 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Why the hell am I going to waste time sailing in a ship that doesn't have the same rate missions at any given port.  Do you recommend I take my 6th rate all the way to another port to only find 1-4th rate missions available?

Sailing in a basic cutter is faster and more efficient than sailing the wrong ship class for the hope that that port might have the right mission avaliable.

The blind random different port mission lists beg the player to spend valuable time gather missions to fill your journal then going back to port and picking ships of the rate that match those missions....

Besides if I just have to sail to grab missions why the hell would I sail a ship I could lose to gankers?

So instead you ask the admins to only allow us basic cutters if we have no other ships in our docks?

There are many 5th rates near Cartahena. Try there.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Guear said:

There are many 5th rates near Cartahena. Try there.

Well, I was not directly addressed, but feel it with it too.

Thanks for the tip, but that would not be the solution for the problem, just only a workaround. Especially since it was artificially created with the last patch.
And I still do not think that it's realistic to find only linships in some areas, just like in the other way in other areas only frigates.

Thanks for the tip of course anyway :)
Edited by Holm Hansen

5 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Sounds like you're trying to play exactly the same as you did before the patch and it pisses you off that you cant.  Resistance to change.  instead of beating your head against a wall cause you cant play the same old way, try doing something different.  There is tons of 6th and 7th rate missions in the shallow ports of the Bahamas.    I got myself some 6th rate missions there and now I sail around in a cheap Snow (Mahogany/Sabicu can be built easily).  Every AI TBrig or TSnow that I kill gives me the chance of Doubloons (I've gotten a bunch) and adds to the score for a good reward with a chest.  AND, there are Players running around in Basic Cutters that you can kill!  They sometimes spawn doubloons also.  There are plenty of other options on style of play, but if you insist on trying to play the way you did before, you will just get more frustrated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Sounds like you're trying to play exactly the same as you did before the patch and it pisses you off that you cant.  Resistance to change.  instead of beating your head against a wall cause you cant play the same old way, try doing something different.  There is tons of 6th and 7th rate missions in the shallow ports of the Bahamas.    I got myself some 6th rate missions there and now I sail around in a cheap Snow (Mahogany/Sabicu can be built easily).  Every AI TBrig or TSnow that I kill gives me the chance of Doubloons (I've gotten a bunch) and adds to the score for a good reward with a chest.  AND, there are Players running around in Basic Cutters that you can kill!  They sometimes spawn doubloons also.  There are plenty of other options on style of play, but if you insist on trying to play the way you did before, you will just get more frustrated.

I havent seen a single mission, or AI ship there Lower then fourth rate...

And i know because i have a outpost there...

so no Basics 7th or 6th or 5th rates anywhere.

2 hours ago, Ouwe Knar said:

I havent seen a single mission, or AI ship there Lower then fourth rate...

And i know because i have a outpost there...

so no Basics 7th or 6th or 5th rates anywhere.

Shallow water ports have tons of low level missions.  We are clearly not looking in the same places.  

I’m struggling to make any moneys, missions don’t give enough, 6 doubloons for 6th rate and 14 for 5th and next to nothing for Reals, attacking OW NPCs better but they’re so few and far apart. For some reason I’ve miss out on replacing my Forge, its 30k to build, at least 30 NPC missions.

First, what I’m seeing is if you’re already Rear Admiral, resources and money’s are assessable, you can attack any sized fleet and collect, in both PvE and PvP servers, but with PvP Admirals having the extra PvP battle knowhow, they don’t have and don’t see any problems.

With the bulk of attackable NPCs on the other side of the map, it’s really hard to get any traction for lower ranks, like me. 30 missions, 30 to 45 minutes away and with the risk of being sunk by another player, as newbie it's likely/often, is a tall order to say the least.

Once sunk, it cost money’s to replace ships, canons etc, which I don’t have, so eventually I’m reduce all the way back to the Basic Cutter, which produces even less rewards, worst without any DLCs.

At first I thought it was me adjusting to the new economy, even missing something major, playing the game all wrong, but after few hours I don’t think so.

As casual I…..we want to fight other players, to join in, but we need a way to build resources, a way to do so without being washout in the process, PvE is how casuals and us new players do so.

@admin posted go to Bahamas, @Ink posted go into shallows, but in both cases from British, even say from the French region, that’s along way to go, alot of sailing with every chance of being sent to the bottom, that's the intention indeed, but it looks like an impossible task from our point of view.

I guess you guys know all of this already, as we casuals are playing solo, mostly, which you guys aren’t really encouraging since only clans can support a realm base game, I get that, port battles, team work and all.

To Dev's and co, please re-evaluate the casual PVPers, solo's, I think we're going to die out if you don’t.

Edited by Guest

I have to agree with BuckleUpBones. I've been away from the game for a while and was just starting to get back into it before the new patch, and while I don't mind the new economy or the new UI (frankly I love the new UI, just need to get used to it) I do feel that the lack of AI-ships and easy AI-missions might make me stop playing this game. I've considered switching to the PVE-server since I'm not that into PVP, but it would feel so.. pointless without the port battles going on etc. Less dynamic. I suppose I'm in the minority here but I feel sad since I was really enjoying sailing around and attacking traders/smaller AI ships and to some trading while there was still that small risk of being attacked by another player, but now when I feel forced to go to extremely risky areas to hunt for AI it just doesn't feel worth it.

I don't mean to sound too negative, Like I said I loved the new UI, I just miss seeing more easier AI targets around. If it went back to the same levels as before the patch (or even slightly less) and if there was the possibility to fight easier missions from every port I would be a much happier player. I also imagine it's even worse for new players, I doubt I'd be sticking around if I had started playing the game as it is now.

Edited by Ftmch
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ftmch said:

while there was still that small risk of being attacked by another player

That’s what I like too, that edginess, even yearning to come across another player for the battle, experience, see if I can win!

But so hard, "unsustainable" without resources to back yourself.

Edited by Guest

51 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Buckle up and Ftmch, I can only suggest you make yourself an outpost that has proximity to enemy ports, then base yourself there.

Posts are feedback, current adventures.

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Again, a player in a fast ship trying to steal the loot because now ALL are kind of desperate for some doubloons.

Sad to see this kind of things in the game because of one Hardcore change that only a minority asked for ir.

Who asked for this? Im not seeing anyone who said anything about this.

Both my brothers have quit the game now because of this latest patch.

They both finally ranked up enough to each buy and sail a frigate and got ganked by an enemy clan immediately looking for a.i. ships to attack far from the safety of their home port. 

Neither one of them now have the desire to grind back up to another frigate just to get ganked immediately again!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tristan Wolfe said:

Mission system is not good if you're a new player or a returning one.  Hard to find missions and if you happen to be in a nation without a shallow port you are SOL.  

Not to mention the one 5th rate mission they finally found put them each up x2 5th rates in their single unknowleged Frigates and they had to flee the battle due to the super turning, insta-reload lazer acurate cannons of the overwhelming a.i. ships.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Not to mention the one 5th rate mission they finally found put them each up x2 5th rates in their single unknowleged Frigates and they had to flee the battle due to the super turning, insta-reload lazer acurate cannons of the overwhelming a.i. ships.

When you have to kill 5th rates you cannot use 5th rate frigate, but you can use only 6th or lower.... This is incredibly stupid and idiotic. 10mins to reach mission location, and then what 1h and 29m to kill an indefatigable or Essex???? Are you kidding me??? A indefatigable can destroy easily any 6th rate, now devs really, try to think about a new player who have to face a 5th rate frigate in a 6th ship. How do you think will end the mission? Do you really think a new player with his lv 6 ship can in any way kill a indefatigable? A new player loosing a ship for such an idiotic mission  will leave the game for sure. The game is incredibly unbalanced for new players, bad missions, too much time needed to complete these missions because you have to use lower rates than the target, ridicolous rewards, if you loose a ship rewards of previous missions dont let you buy  new ship and cannons, when you travel so far away for the mission you ll end being ganked from enemy players almost all the time. How can a new player enjoy the game?? He can be mesmerized from the beautiful ships of the game ok... But when he reaize the amount of time needed even to complete a mission he will just leave. 

Devs with this patch you just give something new to old players, but at the same time you just ruined the experience for new ones, the game will end up with no new population, guess what will happen when old players become bored of this game.

No new population is the fist step to a dead game, keep well in mind this Devs.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Neither one of them now have the desire to grind back up to another frigate just to get ganked immediately again!

unlike ships of the line frigates do not really require much time to get..

• You can just capture any frigate you see at sea. NPC frigates are capturable for free. 
  • If you crafted the ship you get insurance (which is slightly above the basic cost) so you can immediately build it back

Can you explain in detail what does grinding back to another frigate means to you?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, admin said:

unlike ships of the line frigates do not really require much time to get..

• You can just capture any frigate you see at sea. NPC frigates are capturable for free. 
  • If you crafted the ship you get insurance (which is slightly above the basic cost) so you can immediately build it back

Can you explain in detail what does grinding back to another frigate means to you?

Well a teak white trincomalee for example. Requires 509 teak log... last time I checked little Cayman contract for teak was 36 reals per log. So that is 18,324 reals for the frames alone... copper plating is 70,000 reals or a navy hull refit is 400 doubloons...  So yea there might be a grind element involved TBH.....

And TBH who wants to sail a captured cagurian crew space 5th rate...

I'm sure there will be plenty of people saying use blah blah  blah wood etc. But I don't really care what they say I like teak... though I may have to 're think my builds as a result...of being a poor captain...

Edited by Spitfire83
  • Like 2

I have said it before and I will say it again. Risk verses reward is way out of wack. Yes I have seen a few people post about the magical Trader ships they found with thousands of Doubloons but I have not actually talked to anybody that has found one. I sailed, did missions, and tried to set up my production for several hours this weekend. Unfortunately didn’t make to Nassau patrol zone. Without the Patrol Zone I, and most of the people I sailed with, did not made enough Doubloons or Reals to be happy. Some decided to move on to other games already. I don’t want to move on yet because this Era in warfare has a special place in my heart. 

Problem is that for me I want to see fleets of 3rd rates in the OW fighting each other. Those days are gone. All that is left in the OW is 5th rates and smaller and that just does not excite me. I have very little hope that things will change because of the unshakable attitude of Admin and his Cheerleaders telling everyone that says anything negative about the new system that we are crying. 

In gaming as in real life it is all about risk verses reward. For the average player there is now way to much risk and not near enough reward.

Edited by Old Crusty
  • Like 3