Game-Labs Forum

Battle instances combining.

Battle Instances combining?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should PVP battle instances started near each other combine in to one instance?

• Yes, no matter how long has passed.
    • Yes, but only if the join timer is open on the 1st battle
    • No

I think that PVP battles started near each other should combine in to one battle with the stipulation that the initial battle's join timer is open. 

Obviously this would cause issues if another nation pulled a pvp battle nearby with regards to which side would they be on. To solve this it would be nice if battles did not only have two teams and each nation that joined had it's own side.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Define "near"...

I think that within the grid that is created on the map of the first battle, if the second battle swords are anywhere on that grid, they should join the instance. I also agree that instances should be able to have more than two sides. If you are French and you see a pirate/british battle, you should be able to either join one of those or join as France and create a 1v1v1 situation. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Galt said:

I think that within the grid that is created on the map of the first battle, if the second battle swords are anywhere on that grid, they should join the instance. I also agree that instances should be able to have more than two sides. If you are French and you see a pirate/british battle, you should be able to either join one of those or join as France and create a 1v1v1 situation. 

lol this could be interesting.. 1v1v1 or even better 1v1v3v5.. 

1 hour ago, Galt said:

I like this idea.  Enable drop in style battles for every grid square.  

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I like this idea.  Enable drop in style battles for every grid square.  

This might also help to reducing ganking a bit. So if a battle is closed and you get tagged outside, it would still fill the instance. The attacker would have to wait a bit longer until the instances wouldn't join and the defender would then try to tag the battle so it merges the battles. Just a hypothetical. 

Edited by Galt
  • Like 2

It's just so annoying getting pulled into battle right on top of a battle with friendlies. And like wise it would prevent fleets from getting split up in to tons of little battles. 

And the free for all mechanic would be amazing. Since I would like the game to move toward Clan based RVR and PVP this would be a big step in that direction.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

But it makes no sense if you are say, sitting on the join battle circles waiting for a timer just to get tagged and split up. Also in reinforcement zone you don't pull others into a battle with you so you can split up a group with separate tags. 

Where will these players spawn? I can just see ships dropping on top of players in the battle instance (ignoring join circles)

if a player can not get in battle because of a cool down, but can be tagged, maybe there's a better solution than shitstorming the existing instance.

Edited by Capn Rocko

I feel that the limitation of only 2 sides would need to be changed to allow for multiple sides. Or make every battle FFA and your 'friends' are those with the same nation/flag.

It would be a little difficult to have a france v brit battle and a prussian v us combine, who would join who? How would it work with a "2 side system?" Would some consider it unfair depending who gets randomly chosen to be on a particular side?

Only FFA type battles would make this work imo, and i would like FFA battles. Leave the 2 side battle system to port battles.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 1

FFA is one thing. Raining down ships because someone got tagged outside a battle is completely different. If the attack timer was made the same as the join battle cooldown, then that would solve most things. Anything else is player error. No need to change mechanics because players are leaving their teammates behind. Just be a better teammate 😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Capn Rocko said:

FFA is one thing. Raining down ships because someone got tagged outside a battle is completely different. If the attack timer was made the same as the join battle cooldown, then that would solve most things. Anything else is player error. No need to change mechanics because players are leaving their teammates behind. Just be a better teammate 😉

So if a 1 battle is a french v brit and another battle is a Prussian vs US, you're saying they won't combine?

But if 1 battle is french v brit and another battle is created with french v brit within the 1st battle, they should combine. Am I understanding that correctly?

15 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

So if a 1 battle is a french v brit and another battle is a Prussian vs US, you're saying they won't combine?

But if 1 battle is french v brit and another battle is created with french v brit within the 1st battle, they should combine. Am I understanding that correctly?

I'm saying nothing should be combined lol. Join on the circle or start a new battle. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Teutonic said:

I feel that the limitation of only 2 sides would need to be changed to allow for multiple sides. Or make every battle FFA and your 'friends' are those with the same nation/flag.

It would be a little difficult to have a france v brit battle and a prussian v us combine, who would join who? How would it work with a "2 side system?" Would some consider it unfair depending who gets randomly chosen to be on a particular side?

Only FFA type battles would make this work imo, and i would like FFA battles. Leave the 2 side battle system to port battles.

I always thought we should have three types of battles.  

Captial zone Battles - Same as now pretty much only Natioanls can join this fight or those that want to join the defending side.  Once tag no other attackers can join.  This zone should be bigger though to give safer area for the casuals to grind in safety.  Making it very dangours for folks to hunt in.

Green zone reinforcement battles - Same as now pretty much.  Battle stays open so long for both sides.  IT's kinda safe but not really.  As per Admin these are the Free Gank ZONES.

All other areas -  Have the old two circle pull.  Pull folks that are in range of the little circle auto.  IF your out side and still in the big circle you get a notice to join right than.  I hate the stupid two cirlce thing specialy when your right on the edge when some one gets tagged and than have to go back to one of the two circles to get a crappy join spot.  These battles can be FFA as folks can join either side if they want but can not shoot same nations or get in trouble....should bring back the old pirates rule that it makes you a pirate.   That are save the FFA mode for the PvP event zones to make it an even more extreme area.

The problem with OP is that in battle time and OW time is not the same. So a battle that starts 5 mins later in OW is more like a battle that started an hour after the first or more.  ONe that is 10 mins after the first would be a half a day later or such (prob not that much) so wouldn't be at the same time.

4 minutes ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

not if they have a join timer or are tagged by another nation.

On 10/26/2018 at 4:29 PM, Capn Rocko said:

If the attack timer was made the same as the join battle cooldown, then that would solve most things. Anything else is player error. No need to change mechanics because players are leaving their teammates behind. Just be a better teammate 😉

Mechanics are in place for grouping and evading split up battles.

- battle group

- BR and ship numbers RoE

- attack radius ( calculated for battle scale as in OW models are titan size )

Is there a benefit in NOT allowing split up battles ? That is, to have split battles to merge ? I mean... other than saving someone's bacon because they got tagged separate ?

I mean, I dream for a 1:1 scale game like NA so ALL battles everywhere are happening in the same instance, but this suggestion makes no sense to me in the ruleset we have - warp travel and 1:1 instances.

I don't want all battles to be in the same instance I just think instead of 4 or 5 battles happening nearby one another they should combine in to a mosh pit of fun and death.

Think about all the dumb crap that happens in screening battles for pbs where 1 or 2 people get pulled into a battle all by themselves. Instead of forcing ships to stack on top of each other let fleets spread out to cover a larger area.