Game-Labs Forum

TESTBED - MISSIONS FEEDBACK

Good point Baltic. All missions to have requisite of rate seems a good way to promote usage of all ships.

IIRC from some post in the Safe Zones discussions the AI within a nation Reinforcement Zone would be changed to feature less enemy shipping and more own nation ships ( makes all sense of course ). So this can be a motivation factor for the Search&Destroy.

Also, tested "common" missions yesterday, had to kill frigates and another mission for Belle Poules, so by hunting Belle Poules I was fulfilling both missions at the same time. I find this pleasing.

• Like 1

I accepted 2 missions! First: Hunt Mission (8x 3rd rate). second: search and destroy (10x 3rd rate)

if I sink a 3rd rate in the ow then I've sunk 2 3rds according to missions. that is illogical.

The next problem is that I can attack a fleet where the 3rd rates as a fleet are in it. if I sink only the 3rd rates then the fleet always comes back to the ow. I can attack them until I finish the mission

I have a 5th rate mission (kill 10 x 5th rate) and I have a Frigate mission (kill 3 x Frigate).  When I killed a player in a Frigate, I only got credit for the 5th rate mission.  Nothing for the frigate mission.  Shouldn't I have got the credit in both?  It is both a 5th rate and a Frigate, ergo...

1 hour ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I have a 5th rate mission (kill 10 x 5th rate) and I have a Frigate mission (kill 3 x Frigate).  When I killed a player in a Frigate, I only got credit for the 5th rate mission.  Nothing for the frigate mission.  Shouldn't I have got the credit in both?  It is both a 5th rate and a Frigate, ergo...

will check 

6 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

I can take the 5-star mission in free town and complete it inside the safe zone. They are not attached to any region or port... Just like the old "delivery missions" this can be exploited for very high profits and 100% safety.

Mission complexity is determined by what enemies are in the battle instance - not the time to sail or their location. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I'm pretty sure one was a hunt and the other S&D.  I was happy to see you could choose more than one mission that would target the same ships.  If this is not the case, Devs will need to prioritize the missions. 

what is your player name? did you report the F11 by any chance?

1 minute ago, admin said:

what is your player name? did you report the F11 by any chance?

It's Angus MacDuff.  I didn't F11, because i'm not sure its a bug.  I thought it might be your intent to only give credit on one mission.  I didn't consider it a big issue...I just went and sunk more ships.

Tried weekly event for small ships. Am unable to claim reward despite three listed kills. (f11ed ingame name is the same) If this is a feature, thevent is running for 6 more days, please specify in the description.

Killing Traders Brigs with basic cutter seems to be valid. This is a bit lame. Is it intended this way?

16 minutes ago, Suppenkelle said:

Tried weekly event for small ships. Am unable to claim reward despite three listed kills. (f11ed ingame name is the same) If this is a feature, thevent is running for 6 more days, please specify in the description.

Killing Traders Brigs with basic cutter seems to be valid. This is a bit lame. Is it intended this way?

Rewards can be claimed once event completes. 

Testbed does not have many players so its easier to get leaderboard. Being on the leaderboard provides major portion of the rewards. With more players participating many will kill frigates or higher rated ships in their cutters or princes taking your place in the leaderboards because they have scored more BR in the light ships.

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Testbed does not have many players so its easier to get leaderboard. Being on the leaderboard provides major portion of the rewards. With more players participating many will kill frigates or higher rated ships in their cutters or princes taking your place in the leaderboards because they have scored more BR in the light ships.

That's why I f11ed it: there is no reward shown, no possibility to claim it, and my place on the leaderboard is infinite (none).

Edited by Suppenkelle
spelling

i managed to get 5500 doubloons from the line ship challange and 500 doubloons form the frigate one, but for me the rules and condions are not very clear for the challange. What i gathered from trying them, you need to kill the given amount of ships in as few battles as possible and for the ships you kill to have a high BR.

Edited by balticsailor

1 minute ago, balticsailor said:

i managed to get 5500 doubloons from the line ship challange and 500 doubloons, but for me the rules and condions are not very clear for the challange. What i gathered from trying them, you need to kill the given amount of ships in as few battles as possible and for the ships you kill to have a high BR.

We know from the regular server that we get more reward if we fight with a BR disadvantage.  Maybe the Mission menu should be more informative in this regard.

I've had pretty good luck in Pirate waters finding missions that I want to do, but I fear that will change when we shift this over to the Caribbean Server.  I can easily pop into a neutral port and shop for missions.  What happens when we are on a more populous server?  Will missions be competed for and very difficult to find?