Game-Labs Forum

Patch 26. Spanish Frigate Diana, BR rebalance - Diana is a timed reward.

admin

5 minutes ago, z4ys said:

no

resultierende-kraft-3.jpg.ecf326854cf1fd41c460e423abcc7b9e.jpg

Its ^2

If alpha closes to 180 the latter part in brackets gets negative. 

v1=1 kn, v2=1 kn, cos(180) -> v(res) = 0 

v1=0,5kn, v2=1,5kn, cos(180) -> v(res) = 1

If you say both move in the same direction alpha =0, but v1 is positive, v2 is negative. If you calculate with the modulus of velocities you have to calculate with alpha = 180. Both results in the same.

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Always extreme changes that change the way we play.

Determined Defender from 30% to 0%. I just cant understand.

Admin said they dont want players to do math when they can board. Now you know when you have 1 crew more you can board.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

He didnt test for sure. A priori decision.

And funny. Being boarding a far bigger parte of real Age of sail combat. FAAAR more than in NA.

People that dont want to adapt.

Stay away from the reality argument< Licinio.  If two 400 ton ships were passing each other at a combined speed of 5 knots and they threw ropes across to initiate boarding, heads would roll...literally.  Ropes would snap and cause damage and crew casualties.  If they managed to secure a rope to a fixture, it would be torn out.  this is beyond any hint of reality.

59 minutes ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

You can. But won't be close enough so the "AI stops shooting". Test it. You won't be pulled if you keep at 100m, this is a guarantee, but the AI will be shooting back and not fall into the "not shooting back" routine.

You state this as if the problem to be fixed is the AI not shooting back at certain ranges. This patch was not supposed to be a fix for that problem and if that issue is such a problem then they should do a proper fix for it so that the AI still continues to fire at close range. A lot of age of sail fighting was ships sailing side by side at close range firing broadsides into each other. Now that is unlikely to happen especially in AI battles as the AI will initiate boarding as soon as they have crew number superiority.

Basically I suspect that you will find that now even in PvP that if you come close to a ship to fire in a final broadside to sink him that he will initiate boarding if possible, especially in large fleet battles where ships are often sailing close together and sailing close to the wind. With DD nerfed to 0% most people will not spend the perk points on it and it will mean they can be pulled at any time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Stay away from the reality argument< Licinio.  If two 400 ton ships were passing each other at a combined speed of 5 knots and they threw ropes across to initiate boarding, heads would roll...literally.  Ropes would snap and cause damage and crew casualties.  If they managed to secure a rope to a fixture, it would be torn out.  this is beyond any hint of reality.

There were no ropes and no-one pulled in aggressive non consensual boardings. Ships got alongside each other pushing bowsprit into rigging or just rigging into rigging and got entangled. Nothing got torn out. 8 knots its just 15km/h in water. Pulling is needed in game because physx cannot do math on proper rigging entanglement without lowering FPS to 0

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Boarding pull was 3.6 before.  8 is way to high.  I got epic event 1st rates slower than that.  If AI follows same rules it’s instant board same with any players in fights with tanked out 1st rates.

lets test first and give feedback after? not give feedback then test then admit it was an decent decision ;)

1 minute ago, admin said:

There were no ropes and no-one pulled. Ships got alongside each other pushing bowsprit into rigging or just rigging into rigging and got entangled. Nothing got torn out. 8 knots its just 15km/h in water. Pulling is needed in game because physx cannot do math on proper rigging entanglement without lowering FPS to 0

And yet we are talking about ships passing each other with a relative speed of 8 knots.  Rigging got entangled when they collided and stopped.

5 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Be prepared yourself.

And drop a single shiny book to get barricades.

LOL

This patch must a wet dream for you and all the Trollquin lovers. Nerf DD while at the same time make boarding even more arcadish and  comical. Good one devs! 

I suggest you step away from the bong.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I wonder why our community is full of cry babies and snowflakes. This should make players avoid hugging, pushing, ramming, raking with bow chasers while using grape and hiding behind stern just tailing enemy all the time and make battles actually like ships were meant to fight. 

I don't think PVE'ers do that in battle Banished.

1 hour ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Game is not made only for you or me or any other individual. I would expect that to be clear by now.

When I say you, I say all of us. Guess it makes it clear from now on.

What are you even talking about?

1 hour ago, Aster said:

1st Rate Epics events I fear for any man mad enough to try now.

The last one I did we took down two of them by doing pull and hold so it could work, just not early when they out number you by three cause they will just sink you while your in that board.   Epic ships for as tanky as they are are way to fast.  You have to tank out to match them and that means you barely crack 6knts in battle, which like you said they will now constanly pull you if you even get close to them.

@admin I would love to see the Dev team go do an epic mission now and see how they fair. If AI is following these new rules it's going to make a lot of folks and I'm going to just say it "Casual players."  very very unhappy when they are getting instantly boarded all the time if they have less crew than the AI.  All it takes is one crew as I been pulled after a broad side where i lost 5 crew that put me under what the AI had.  You might want to think about that speed and drop it down to something like 5-6 or just leave it the same as old for AI.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, William Wade said:

LOL

This patch must a wet dream for you and all the Trollquin lovers. Nerf DD while at the same time make boarding even more arcadish and  comical. Good one devs! 

I suggest you step away from the bong.

Try to raid alone in "trollquin". Then speak.

It could help you too to understand how to counter them.

• Like 1

Ok did my first test in an Essex against AI traders snow. I sent him into rigging shock with one chain broadside and closed the gap with battle sails at 7.9 knots. As my bow reached his stern I could initiate the boarding. During the 15 seconds timer until the first boarding game round my ship passed him completely and came to a stop roughly 20 meters away from him. If I say that my bow pointed at 12 o'clock then his bow was pointing at 10 o'clock.

I don't know how I really feel about this yet. Maybe lower the range at which you can board, so that high speed boardings will often fail due to not stopping in time?

Edited by Cecil Selous
  • Like 1

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would love to see the Dev team go do an epic mission now and see how they fair. If AI is following these new rules it's going to make a lot of folks and I'm going to just say it "Casual players."  very very unhappy when they are getting instantly boarded all the time if they have less crew than the AI. 

What pisses me off, people don't consider new/casual players expect everyone to have the same knowledge books, mods, super ships etc as vets  who have a ridiculous amount of spare time to play with cartoon ships. 

No wonder the player base is what it is.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Borch said:

Are you serious here? You also think that its good cover up for bad AI programming?

a) as soon as you have 1 man more (and DD) none will board you.

b) with barricades no AI will beat you in a boarding.

c) never tried Epic ones. Normal ones are easily defeated in boarding with same crew and 3 boarding books.

11 minutes ago, Percival Merewether said:

I don't think PVE'ers do that in battle Banished.

I mean hell they are half the times a mile away in PvE Hostility mission and wonder why they can never pen or do damage in PvP either?  There is a reason CSA has gone in with 2 players while most of the other US nation had half a dozen or more players and we got the port with only two players.  Than again they don't play with casuals and the part time PvPers that doe mostly PvE.   

2 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Try to raid alone in "trollquin". Then speak.

It could help you too to understand how to counter them.

Yes keep repeating to yourself the Trollquin isn't OP and a joke,  while you seal club yourself to the top of the leaderboard in your 5m Requin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, William Wade said:

What pisses me off, people don't consider new/casual players expect everyone to have the same knowledge books, mods, super ships etc as vets  who have a ridiculous amount of spare time to play with cartoon ships. 

No wonder the player base is what it is.

Every one was a noob in the past.

Without DD all AI always boarded players if with 1 crew more.

We all did a mistake and Lost a ship to this. Then learned to not ram a bigger AI.

1 minute ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

c) never tried Epic ones. Normal ones are easily defeated in boarding with same crew and 3 boarding books.

This is prime example of what @William Wade mention above....lol never done an epic but trying to tell folks how to do them.

Would love to see how some of you elite guys do them since it's so easy.  Rage board that first ship at the start of an epic and tell me how long you last....lol

1 minute ago, William Wade said:

Yes keep repeating to yourself the Trollquin isn't OP and a joke,  while you seal club yourself to the top of the leaderboard in your 5m Requin.

I always pointed requin strenghts and weaknesses. Also to enemies.

As I always confirmed she is a fantastic fast boarder... Still pretty easy to counter knowing how.

2 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Every one was a noob in the past.

Without DD all AI always boarded players if with 1 crew more.

We all did a mistake and Lost a ship to this. Then learned to not ram a bigger AI.

So that's your excuse to seal club new and casual players. From a player base which is significantly smaller than a year ago.

You really are clueless. 

• Like 2

Just now, Licinio Chiavari said:

I always pointed requin strenghts and weaknesses. Also to enemies.

As I always confirmed she is a fantastic fast boarder... Still pretty easy to counter knowing how.

8 knots.  If you get a decent tag, you're boarding instantly.  It takes time to get up to 8 knots

36 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

@admin, why did you nerf DD to .001 instead of just removing it?  It's just a pointless spot on the Perks list now, isn't it?

Actually if we had only this change it would be glorious. More boarding is good. Nothing but boarding is bad.

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 4

Reserve two knowledge slots for Boarding axes and barricades and you'll be fine most of the time. Boarding wont be very dangerous to you other than holding you in place when your trying to run from enemies.